Remains of a gun

Found in woods of north-eastern Poland. I think it might be some kind of russian officer revolver from late XIX century, but it's rusted to shit. Any ideas what this might be?

Attached: IMG_20190510_101053.jpg (4032x2692, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

riverjunction.com/z-Sold-Lefaucheux-Pin-Fire-Revolver-with-folding-trigger-_p_4254.html
youtu.be/1BlZhQxLCC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: IMG_20190510_101005.jpg (3140x2355, 879K)

Pinfire no idea what but its pinfire

Attached: received_683963672073729.jpg (3024x4032, 697K)

Looks like a pin fire revolver. See the holes on the cylinder and how the hammer is set up to hit the top of it.

What intrigues me is in A bar covers where normally in single actions you have something to eject the casing (look up a SAA or a bag ant revolver)

Definitely a pinfire gun. No markings whatsoever?

no, completely rusted

There were many manufacturers of these types of revolvers back in the day. If you could remove the rust on the top of the barrel you’d probably find something to steer you in a direction

This?
riverjunction.com/z-Sold-Lefaucheux-Pin-Fire-Revolver-with-folding-trigger-_p_4254.html

Grip is totally wrong

Better question, what is the caliber? (Measure the inner diameter of the barrel)

nah, the barrel is too long

I think the best tip of what kind of gun this might be, is the place where this was found. Woods of eastern Poland, that is. I seriously think that this is some kind of a russian officer gun

Yeah, I figured, but Russia bough french pinfire revolvers. It’s a start

Soak it in vinegar for a day or two and scrub it with a brass brush.
After that rinse, dry and soak it in penetrating oil.
If there are any markings left, they should be visible then.

Research the area for battles. Since it’s Poland it’s likely you’ll find more than one in the last 130 years.

Could be a bicycle pistol

Attached: 8207CD50-9A01-49C6-8006-1906664FC486.jpg (265x190, 14K)

OP here, this could be some kind of a leftover gun left after Polish-Bolshevik war of 1920-21. Russians used to pick up everything that shoots during this period.

Could you lay it next to something for a size comparison?

About the size of a hand. Quite small

German pinfire 7mm

Attached: C5E2DE74-3149-44B6-BDC3-3DDD521D559E.jpg (772x580, 136K)

yup, this one

good job, Jow Forumsomrade

>pinfire in the 1920’s
Jesús Russians were further behind than I thought.
If it is small then maybe Is onto something. Again, tell us what caliber the barrel is.

This is best post so far. But please give caliber to confirm

Attached: 30311ACC-3D1B-4C74-A5D4-38DF348F380B.jpg (617x227, 78K)

Soldiers going to war have traditionally brought whatever pistols they could get their hands on. Especially enlisted men.

That said, two world wars, a civil war, and god knows what else means it could have brought by a solider of almost any nation. Or even been carried by more than one.

Cap this. Jow Forums nails I.D. on a lump of rust in twenty posts.

Attached: 2E4F59BA-A62F-4A5E-A0DE-D86DB00BF70A.jpg (1435x1003, 170K)

>>pinfire in the 1920’s
A lot of that shit would linger for quite a while, because it was generally fairly easy to convert a pinfire revolver to a centerfire cartridge revolver.

The Danes had some old pinfire revolvers converted to centerfire, which they held onto until after WW2, mostly as reserve, but still.

Looks like the ejection rod is missing due to corrosion

The bar you see probably is what remains of the ejection port

I saw a lot here in spain and the ejection rod is usually just a bar with a bigger round section at the end

Impressive.

I am actually jealous of Europeans for finding cool shit like this seemingly regularly. When I go out with a metal detector if I find 7 cents in change it’s a massive haul

For me it’s “OMG MORE MUSKET BALLS HOW COOL I’LL THROW THESE IN MY 5 GALLON BUCKET FULL OF THEM”

>lives in america
>jealous of europe
please don't
check your firearms privilege you shitlord

I am actually jealous of Americans for having rights.

Didn’t mean to imply I was jealous of everything. But it’s be neat to find artifacts like that just fucking around innawoods.

yep
gun laws in EU are shit (especially in Poland, a fucking police officer can just say "no" and your weapon license is not happening)

Attached: Capture_2018-11-29-20-28-582.png (720x697, 748K)

Good

Check out old battle sites. Especially ones where there were union wars, like the coal miner rebellions in the Appalachian mountains.

its not that hard to identify honestly

god i wish that were me

>Poland
Historical artifacts belong to the state.

Attached: knock knock.jpg (969x565, 106K)

They actually do not. OP, don't tell anyone.

>be dumb polock
>find gun
>point gun at face

Sounds right

KURWA

>Przedmioty będące zabytkami archeologicznymi odkrytymi, przypadkowo znalezionymi albo pozyskanymi w wyniku badań archeologicznych, stanowią własność Skarbu Państwa

Nope. The front sight block is obviously a pyramid. That's a dot. Great guess, but that's not it.

I live in Colorado unfortunately. Not many battle sites here that I know of

I actually didn't know that

Noice id get some steel wool and try to salvage it i highly doubt it will fire safely again but clean it up try to find or make some grips and you got yourself a nice wall hanger

Go visit Buffalo Bill's grave.

>"I fear no tramp."
I wish we could return to the days where you could openly advertise that your gun is excellent for shooting bums.

Attached: hank whispering.png (923x689, 650K)

>muzzle sweeping all of Jow Forums

>Since it’s Poland it’s likely you’ll find more than one in the last 130 years.

Early favorite for understatement of the year.

Yeah. I doubt anyone in burger land is going to stubble across a sunken panzer or T-34.
Or any small arms from the last two world wars.
For us the best we can hope for is a barely recognizable musket or rifle from the civil war.

Looks proportionally like this at a cursory glance:
youtu.be/1BlZhQxLCC8

There's lots of world war era weapons in the US though, it's just most of it is owned and enjoyed by people, not wasting away to scrap in some muddy riverbed.

These pin fires were made in the millions, it was a cottage industry in europe until WW1