Daewoo DP51

Fellow DP51 owners, how do you like your Worst Korea gat? Mine feels pretty solid, but I did have some questions that I think people who have them may be able to answer;

1.)Does your mag release wiggle slightly?

2.)When you you think it is an appropriate time to replace the recoil spring?

3.)If you have bought spare and replacement parts, how was Lionheart Industries to work with?

4.)Is there any validity to the accuracy issues associated with the early guns/barrels? Personally I think it may have been reviewers not understanding the way the trigger works even in SA.

Thanks for reading frens!

Attached: IMG_20190508_133541~2.jpg (4229x2896, 3.64M)

>2.)When you you
When do you*

I haven't personally owned a DP51, but I helped a friend install a new wolf spring on his when he bent it out of shape.

1) I've noticed that it does, but if it's still tight enough and doesn't keep the magazine locked, it's fine. Remember these pistols were mass produced during 80's Korea and are a copy of the underrated S&W M59.

2) When you start getting short stroking when you're using decent ammo. If you make the retarded mistake of trying to use the recoil spring to plug the hammer bar like my retarded friend did. Since the design is essentially a modified S&W M59, you can easily source small replacement parts from Smith parts (x59/x69/x39/39xx/59xx series).

3) I haven't used Lionheart parts, but from what I hear they essentially used the same processes that Daewoo used.

4) I only shot one and it was a 1989 import. If you shot Smith autos they pretty much work similar in feel and function. The "triple action" is better for a CC/low ready and it's better for reactive point shooting. They're alright, but I haven't had the experience with a variety of them to form a solid opinion.

Hope this helps, OP.

i have had no issues with mine. My mag release has no wiggle and i have a replacement hammer from lion heart. Mine feeds mecgar mags fine including the 20 round mag. Mine was imported by Kimber in Clackamas Oregon im not sure when it was made.

I like shooting it but its taken a back seat to my 92fs for now. I conceal carried it last winter.

It did friend, thanks for the reply. But on no 2 what did you mean plug the hammer bar with the recoil spring?

When you take out the slide, the bar to engage the hammer to fire the weapon. He had the bright idea of pushing it down with the Guide Rod and spring. He isn't the brightest kid. The Guide Rod has a scratch, but the spring got caught and bent out of shape.

Attached: This.png (800x600, 781K)

I believe that's the ejector

Why the hell would anyone think to do that?

Thanks for the info friend, I have a M9 and I am torn on which should be my bedside gun.

No problem
My 92fs is sitting next to my bed with a 18rd Mecgar mag filled with Winchester Ranger T Series. I just recently changed the hammer spring to a 12# from WC and the trigger reset spring to a WC reduced weight trigger conversion spring. It feels really smooth now.

Is it? IDK why it drops the hammer when I push it down. Again, only experienced it once.

He has fat delicate fingers and he complained it hurt his hands pushing it down to re-attach the slide. So he had the bright idea learning from his S.K. conscript cousin that they use the flat of the guide rod to push it down. He was a dumbass and forgot the part where they take off the guide spring. What else would you expect from a bunch of Seoul lady-boys?

I don't have to push anything down to put the slide back on.

M9 Commercial is my nightstand gun too

Attached: 1557436184655.jpg (727x727, 39K)

Is it worth it to buy a Lionheart?

Why wouldn't they be?

So I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but the part you've labelled with an arrow is the ejector. It shouldn't be moving at all. The firing pin catch lever does move, webm related, but I'm pretty sure you're just in a bad game of telephone and what's happening got messed up somewhere along the line, since that's trivial to deal with.
also
>friend fucks up
>those darn lady-boys

Attached: slide.webm (1280x720, 2.59M)

The diwooo is a failed project. get a Gluck

do you want it?
can you afford it?
will it make you happy (or at the very least, satisfied with the purchase)?
if yes, then yes

Neat

When they were cheap(er), sure. I sold my base LH9 for more than I paid for since they no longer import and make their own now.

Honestly, the k5/dp51/lh9 is a neat gun, but I like my thrid gen smiths and 92s more. Wouldn't get another one unless I could find it for a good deal.

>tfw no MkII in Sniper Grey

I've got a Smith 59, always wanted a Daewoo. I can't ever find one at a decent price; they're interesting but not $600 interesting.

gunbroker's got plenty at around 300

I sincerely regret not picking up one of those LH9's when that black friday deal was going on. I thought it was unironic shilling when it was being posted on here. Oh well. I've been seriously considering getting one of the surplus DP51's I've been seeing though.

I got a DP51 a few years ago for kicks. I ended up selling it, but when I got it, I did replace a few springs.

The mag release on mine was worn out, and I replaced it as soon as I got it. I suspect that the spring is badly designed so it's prone to wearing out. You can get a replacement spring on the Lionheart website, fortunately.

I replaced my recoil spring as soon as I got the gun, since it was shot-to-shit surplus. With hammer-fired pistols, the recoil spring and the hammer spring work in concert to maintain tension on the slide. The firing pin rebound spring also wears out with time and should be replaced periodically. For my gun, I only did the recoil spring, but it's worth keeping the other springs on your radar. IIRC, the hammer spring looked pretty difficult to replace, but I could be thinking of a another gun.

Lionheart was great. Very fast shipping. You should also check out Numrich (gunpartscorp.com). They have a really good price on magazines (a couple years ago, it was only $15. Now, it's $22, still a good price.

I have no idea what sorts of internet myths have cropped up about the gun. Mine shot where I pointed it, not to the side, above or behind.

Attached: doubleDP.jpg (1778x1000, 1.65M)

Thanks for the info fren. I have a recoil sping waiting in my cart from lionheart. The mag release spring I had out and it seems fine, just the actual button seems too large for the cut slot in the frame on mine.

The mag release wobbles because the spring isn’t putting enough tension on it.

Alright

Have one first handgun I got for my 21st bday. But for me the slide stop got stuck when trying to disassemble it. What punch or tool would one buy for this to not occur again?
Or I just have to make sure to oil it well?

Also when the fuck is Lionheart going to start selling copies of k2? I want my korean AR to go along with my k5/dp51.

yeah probably just oil it. It should come out relatively easily

this desu

They have no experience with the K1 or K2, so I doubt they'll ever start making their own version. Just find an old one and pray that parts don't break or more companies make aftermarket replacements. I know that someone is making aftermarket firing pins for the K2 guns.

Also maybe bug Brownells to make a modernized system or something. They seem to be branching out of the retro AR replicas with the 180 style upper. Maybe they'll make a K1 style upper if there is interest.

>mag release wiggle
Will check when I get home
>recoil spring repalcement
When it stops working right
>working with Lionheart
They’re great. When I got mine, the previous owner had probably left it hammer down, but cocked thinking it was decocked and I was getting light primer strikes because of it. Lionheart only lists a whole hammer strut/mainspring assembly on their website which I had no need for. I contacted them and they said to order a recoil spring and email customer service with my order number and they’d send me a hammer spring instead. Just an example.
>early accuracy issues due to misunderstanding
Probably. Expecting the feedback of a grad DA pull when the hammer is down, but the mainspring is cocked could lead the unfamiliar to end up jerking or slapping the trigger

Trad* DA pull

Update: mag release has slight top/bottom, and side to side play when moved like a joystick, but otherwise locks solidly

>>recoil spring repalcement
>When it stops working right
That's not a good idea with an aluminum alloy frame, that could crack or experience excessive wear from the slide moving at higher velocities than intended. It might be 99% reliable with a worn out recoil spring, but the user will experience higher recoil and the gun will wear at a higher rate.

Should be picking up my unfired DP-51 sometime next week, just waiting for the FFL to ship it out.

Attached: xfqcBNi.png (325x453, 250K)

>unfired
wew lad nice

I probably could have bought 2 beat to shit surplus ones for what I paid, but I really wanted one with the original box and everything.
The guy I bought it from got it new in 1993 and just stuck it in his safe.