Help me work on this thing

I got pic related like two weeks ago, and being in a ban state I wasn't able to take the original Thompson mag it came with at the time of purchase cause the FFL had to block it.
I ordered a 10 round auto ordnance mag for it that didn't fit, and I just put the thing off to the side til I could get the original mag and see what was up.
I picked it up today, and I can rarely get the mag seated fully to where it's actually locked in. It doesn't go straight in, it's almost like a rock'n'lock, I imagine because of the feed lip.
I cannot get it to lock up with rounds in the mag, period. I was able to fire it a bit today just manually chambering rounds by hand so at least I know it can shoot ok.

Attached: Sendra Pistol.jpg (4054x2291, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

icollector.com/Sendra-Corp-XM-15-E2-45-ACP-SN-03189_i24395385
gunauction.com/buy/8327473
bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?141744-Identify-this-upper-receiver!!
masterpiecearms.com/shop/9mm-polymer-magazine/
ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Kind_of_unique_45_upper_I_recently_purchased___Update_pics_of_upper_internals_added_/15-694375/
armsofthe80s.blogspot.com/2016/03/magazine-cover-of-day-gun-world.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mags look mostly the same, but as of yet I haven't been able to get the 10 rounder to lock in period.

Attached: MVIMG_20190510_130956.jpg (2160x3840, 2.11M)

I think the mag catches on this dimple the red arrow points to, but if it does it doesn't really lock it in too well. I don't see where else it could be catching.
So the point of this thread is, what do I start dremeling at on these magazines or the firearm itself, or what parts do I change out on the firearm to get it to see magazines properly and feed reliably?

Attached: IMG_20190510_131011.jpg (2160x3840, 1.3M)

pic of magwell/catch/release

Attached: MVIMG_20190510_130942.jpg (2160x3840, 2.7M)

take some calipers and measure everything, just looking at things with the bare eye wont do you any good

That does not look like it takes thompson mags. Yeah it was sold with 1 but are you sure? Looks more like a sten or uzi maybe a mac

My reason for thinking it doesnt take thompson mags is look at the catch location. If its a thompson there shold be some protrusion in the rear for the mag to lock into. What there is is something on the side. Your thompson mags dont seem to have any extra slots cut in the side for the magcatch. So its not like it was made to take modded thompson mags.

Really seems like they just sold you the wrong shit.

Those tabs that stick out aren’t in the same spot

That's entirely possible, seeing as no one knows anything about this gun, pic related.
I'm going to go ahead and return the 10 rounder since it was $60. What do you think I should buy to get it going? It is for sure chambered in 45acp

Attached: 2019-05-10_14-22-40.jpg (1566x312, 56K)

What the fuck

If Ian doesn't know then you are sol on this one.

They do make .45 caliber Uzi mags, or you could try M3 Grease-gun mags.

You live in a ban state and can't have 11+ round magazines but you can have an "assault pistol" with a magazine outside the pistol grip and a threaded barrel? Say what?

It's gotta be greasegat mags, that looks like a MAC-10 magwell in terms of where the catch is located.

Pls measure and blueprint this entire upper so I can make one in my garage with a sheetmetal brake.

Sendra firearms are all pre-ban and too obscure to ban by name. Part of why I jumped on this one.

What state has bans like that but doesn't specify by feature, not name?

I think this guys got it right, but if you can get it to feed you could probably dremel out a notch where the release catch is inside the mag well. You could determine this by using some dry erase marking on the mag to see where the catch scrapes it off

what is a file for $500 Alex

I have no idea but you should do more reasearch. With the location of that catch the mags should look like this. Slot in the side. Its not going to be this cause its 9mm. Id look up common 45acp mags from that period and see if any had a slot in that location. Modded greasegun maybe or mac. I dunno.

Attached: p_620000021_2.jpg (400x400, 6K)

Damn son you got a response from gun Jesus? Nice.
I'd say try M3 Grease Gun mags, that would be the next most common 45acp stick mag that an American company would have access to in order to build a gun around.

Attached: 1529108752273.png (720x774, 652K)

Connecticut, which absolutely does ban by feature but ANY pre 1994 firearm that is NOT specifically banned by name on "the list" is 100% ok to own, transfer, etc.
55's pic related looks about right, i think i'll try to track down a 10 round grease mag to start

>which absolutely does ban by feature
>but ANY pre 1994 firearm that is NOT specifically banned by name on "the list" is 100% ok
Outlaw all fucking gun laws NOW.

Attached: 1368230349941.gif (500x281, 366K)

Is this custom? If not what is it and where can I get one?

I think this guys got it right, but if you can get it to feed you could probably dremel out a notch where the release catch is inside the mag well. You could determine this by using some dry erase marking on the mag to see where the catch scrapes it off

The thing is his current mags a thompson mag. The rib looks like its it the right location to be a "slot"even though theres no slot. The guys at the gunstore probably just shoved random 45acp mags in it and the first one that didnt fall out was clearly what it took.

NAME!
What’s the name of this upper.

that's where we're going probably
no, it came from the factory like this while they were being sued by the ATF and a bunch of other people
it actually will feed the first round, but the mag pops out after.
No, this came from the seller on Gunbroker. The guys at my FFL blocked it for me. They didn't supply the mag.
no one knows

icollector.com/Sendra-Corp-XM-15-E2-45-ACP-SN-03189_i24395385
well your gun was sold back in 2016 with no mag
the thompson mag is a recent additon.

The fuck is that OP

Attached: IMG_20190206_002901905.jpg (480x490, 26K)

holy fuck man I got it for less than half that.
It looks like the seller on Gunbroker just threw that mag in then, yeah. Thank you for that listing. I found another one for $500ish but the serial does not match so it's a diferent firearm, that one also came with a Thompson mag.
It was here - gunauction.com/buy/8327473
The page is gone now
The one you linked me is the exact unit in my possession.
dunno m8

okay, what is the sexy beast you have in these pictures?

Looking through some Grease Gun mags and I'm not sure, the catch hole has to be on the right side of the mag and I'm not seeing any such thing.

Attached: 2019-05-10_15-34-20.jpg (235x530, 20K)

read. the. thread. fucktard.

the catch hole has to be on the left side of the mag

well the one mag type down plenty more to go. worst case scenario it was a proprietary oem sendra mag and your just screwed.

or you cut a slot into a greasegun mag and hopefully its close enough to work.

I'll also mention that we messed around with it at the store today when I picked up the mag, we initially get it seated so well that we had a hard time removing it.
The bolt hold open feature DOES work with this Thompson mag
Nope, look at the pic of the magwell again. The catch is on the bottom, the button on top pushing it downard to release. So if you're looking at the mag from the rear, the catch would lock in on the right side of it.

>The bolt hold open feature DOES work with this Thompson mag
thats probably unintentional considering how chewed up your follower is.
it has no actual bolt hold open looking at the features on the gun. could be wrong just an assumption. never even heard of this gun before this topic

It works the same way AK's with the steel bolt hold follower mags do. The BCG just slams against the follower, gets stuck, and then releases when you remove the mag.

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the charging handle so I can take this upper down 100%? As it is now I can't remove the BCG because I can't get the charging handle off.

Attached: IMG_20190501_215158.jpg (3840x2160, 2.51M)

if it was designed for it it wouldnt be deforming the follower.
its pretty obvious how chewed up it is.
its a happy coincidence or a horrible design.

Fair point in that it's hollow, I'm not 100% convinced since the AK followers get pretty beat up too though.

Attached: IMG_20190510_155829.jpg (2160x3840, 2.17M)

Attached: IMG_20190510_155836.jpg (2160x3840, 2.09M)

>any ideas on how to remove the charging handle
if it was built in any sensible kind of matter it should come out at the rear end of travel (where there's the round hole in the slot that it rides in)

do you have all the things that go through the bolt (that could be locking it in) taken out?

if its anything like a mac the bolt handle should just pull out where the wide hole in the slot is

ha, it looks like firing it today made the barrel loose. I can unscrew it by hand. I though that was welded on.
i'll take it down as much as I can in a few and just try tugging on it. Theirs holes at the front and rear positions of the travel slot.

>things that go through the bolt
like for instance the firing pin holds the cam pin in an AR15 bolt, knowhamsayin?

I really think you just got to niggerrig it man, that thing's a wildcat and if you want those specific mags to work you probably could but you'd need to work on it

i don't need the thompson mags to work, i'll buy whatever we figure out does.
I took a closer look at the magwell with the mag inserted and the catch does not latch onto anything at all, so I guess it really can't be a Thompson mag.
We're looking for a 45acp mag with some sort of slot on the right side that it can latch onto.

if its a homebrew kind of thing, and considering the mag is horizontal, it might just be held in by friction?

Have you considered the unfortunate possibility that maybe the mags are proprietary? If Ian doesn't have a clue I'm imagining your best bet is to contact the guy who had it before you since I also imagine the manufacturer isn't around

why would it have a mag release though? It was built by a known and reputable firearms company in the 80's, so not quite ghetto rigged homebrew level I guess
It did indeed lift straight up and out, I think shooting it today loosened everything up.
I have. Earlier in the thread someone posted the auction it sold at in 2016, no mag included. The guys I bought it from probably saw another listing (page now gone, was up two weeks ago) that said it took Thompson mags and just included one because of that. I don't think anyone really knows except some old man with 4 of them in his basement that he bought new, or an ex Sendra employee.

Attached: IMG_20190510_161857.jpg (3840x2160, 3.23M)

I lied i dunno why i thought there was a second hole at the front bolt closed position

full takedown complete, thanks for the help. The front pivot pin does not budge, they locked it in there somehow. Theirs no hole on the lower receiver that would let me mess with any sort retention pin like you'd find on a regular AR lower.

Attached: IMG_20190510_162610.jpg (2160x3840, 2.51M)

>reputable firearms company in the 80's
>those off-center and misaligned holes
idk mane

sweet gun tho, wonky af but cool

Well I found this, no idea what to make of it but it did give me the idea that you could try 3D printing your own

Attached: images(2).jpg (259x194, 5K)

Nice bastard gun OP. Have fun out in the Metro.

Look up Sendra my man, back in the day they were the second largest producer of AR-15's next to Colt. Then they got sued by everybody around the time machine guns got banned. They made AR-10's relatively available early on too, the imported the Portuguese uppers and built new lowers for them.
Very interesting, anything higher res? The AR lower for mine isn't finished, can't have the mag catch/bolt catch/regular AR mags like your pic related can.
I'm gonna run and pick up some degreaser so I can really clean this whole thing up and apply some blue loctite to everything that came loose while I was shooting it.

Attached: IMG_20190510_163615.jpg (3840x2160, 2.35M)

Original Thompson mags and auto ordnance stick mags have slightly different placement for the catch pin. The auto ordnance mags need to be modified by expanding the hole to work in original thompsons, and likely your little thing too

No it's the worst, I could fine precisely one picture that wasn't from your auction and imgur removed the pic so I couldn't find it full sized

No, disregard this, it definitely does not use Thompson mags

bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?141744-Identify-this-upper-receiver!!

Good job man, nice find. There is exactly one 45 sten mag on Gunbroker, I'll keep looking around. Looking at pics of 45acp Stens the mag catch/release is the same

Attached: 2019-05-10_17-43-34.jpg (564x416, 32K)

That weld job is awful I'm gonna say it. I think the concept of that gun is pretty cool though reminds me of a gun from Coded Arms or something

All back together now, cleanest it's been in probably 30 years. Will update Jow Forums once I get a sten mag, really think that'll be the ticket.

If it's a sten mag you could probably make it yourself pretty easy

eh, I don't have a good setup for that right now. I'm moving soon and will in a few months though.
So one last update here, I had it back together all greased up and was just cycling and dry firing it when I noticed the firing pin way sticking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the bolt face. I broke it back down and got the firing pin out, it looks like it used to be welded into one piece here but it broke apart today. For now I'm going to de-grease and rockset it in place. The two broken metal bits there...not entirely convinced they came from the firing pin setup but I don't know where else they could be from, nothing looks wrong elsewhere. They just fell into my lap while I was messing with the firearm, right after i noticed the pin was fucked.

Attached: MVIMG_20190510_185058.jpg (2160x3840, 3.16M)

100% was a welded piece at one point. Rocksett should do the job for now. It sticks to itself without it.

Attached: IMG_20190510_185648.jpg (2160x3840, 1.97M)

I'm not so sure about this anymore. The pics of the AR upper in that thread show the mag release being way closer to the receiver than on mine. Probably because it's a 9mm version? I'm looking at stens and the mag release is also way closer to the receiver than on my upper.

Attached: 2019-05-10_20-53-23.jpg (656x694, 109K)

its not going to be something a rare as a 45acp sten mag

its either proprietary or something common and slightly modified

>should I use this magwell
>nah better add another

Are you sure it's .45 ACP?
Mag on second picture seems to be one of those polymer magazines Masterpiece Arms uses for their MAC clones

masterpiecearms.com/shop/9mm-polymer-magazine/

see I've fired 30 rounds of .45acp out of it.

I think you're right, actually. My guess is that there should be adequate distance between the mag recess and the top of the feed lips. There will also need to be space between the feed lips for the bottom of the bolt to catch the rim of the cartridge.

The only other problem I'm seeing is the rear portion of the inside magwell. Maybe a bit of shaping on the back portion of the mag, if it doesn't slide fully in after the first option.

t. building a blowback STG right now

I'm going to guess that they went full Bubba, and modified Thompson mags to fit in a pseudo-STEN type magwell for simplicity's sake.

Are u sure it was 45acp? :p

REEEEE

>the yankees thought they won the civil war, but got stuck with lefties and fudds later on
Oh there is a lot of iron in this knee.

it's like a kitbash of an ar and a thompson... the fuck

did you look up the m3 grease gun magazine?

ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Kind_of_unique_45_upper_I_recently_purchased___Update_pics_of_upper_internals_added_/15-694375/

Found this from the above link

Attached: ARC Gun World Edited.jpg (479x640, 148K)

they all seem to come with thompson mags
gunauction.com/buy/8327473

just turn that thing in 2 the cops dude 4 a gift card, thats obviously an IED improvised explosive device

Buddy, you're going to want either grease gun mags or zytels. That thing is a MAC10 stuck sideways onto an ar lower

looking at this : armsofthe80s.blogspot.com/2016/03/magazine-cover-of-day-gun-world.html
it seems like you either try to mod your thompson mags or u have to build something new
>The company planned to offer two versions of the upper in .45 that either fed from a Thompson Magazine or a propriatary magazine.

It was going to be a dual feed design but never got past the first prototype.

Attached: veeee.jpg (1500x1000, 171K)

maybe mac ?

Attached: MAc mags..png (726x534, 110K)

Dunno why those two pics would be put with one another, that mustache faggot is anti gun.

Bro, put a binary trigger in a lower, and dump that bitch down range. Legal rapid fire wanna-be sten gun.

Binary triggers not legal in CT
magic. I dunno man maybe I gotta spend some more time fucking with the Thompson mag then. It really doesn't look like it should work but all those pics of it working with the same style mag release/well I have can't be ignored.
yeah, I think the catch slot is too far up on the mag

Mac is heel release, so it's not that