Is 7.62x39 still viable in modern warfare?

Is 7.62x39 still viable in modern warfare?

Attached: goblin.webm (406x720, 2.52M)

Depends where you use it?

At distances of around 300 meters it's perfectly good and accurate too (depending on the weapon though).

You can carry more 5.56x45 though.

Attached: 3_JV-komppania_taistelukosketuksessa.jpg (900x600, 92K)

yeah bro
I might be biased because I prefer hardcore, though

Attached: 1to7.webm (854x480, 2.94M)

it's the most used caliber in conflicts around the world, so what kind of retarded question is that

Until people start being made out of AR500 then 7.62x39 will still be viable

I forgot how shitty console fpses and the playerbase are.

7.62x39 has killed more people than any other caliber... by a wide margin.

if it bleeds, 7.62x39 can kill it.

glad I could help remind you

Attached: Console Pros.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Fuck I miss the old CODs. Especially Black Ops 1

QTDNDTTT. Rifle is fine.

Attached: 1556862984165s.jpg (208x250, 5K)

Holy shit... I never got why the PC style FPSes took over console. Especially HALO which pretty much started the trend.

>Old cod
>black ops 1

t. Plays Big Red One on the ps2

I made a thread deal with it

If 300 chimpout is half as good as some people claim, 7.62x39 is perfectly acceptable

>webm
thats 545 retard

Fuck gaylo, and fuck you with your stupid opinion

What do you mean by this? its better than 5.56 according to NWS CRANE for CQB

what difference does it make? both of them will fuck shit up in CQB

when i was over we were shooting a homemade plate for a carrier you could buy at the bazaar. 5.56 was going right through, 7.62x39 just punched a huge dell in it.

That turtle deserves a right smack.

Excellent for close range, punches through barriers, and excellent through short barrels. If you had a situation where you want to carry more rounds than a full size 30 cal, where you're going to ne engaging at closer distances, where you're going to be engaging enemies who may be behind cover, or engaging indoors where a shortened barrel may be beneficial, it's pretty much ideal. It's an adequate intermediate round, and I would say that other certain intermediate rounds (20 cals) are in fact inadequate. If you need to reach out to a distance, jump straight up to .308. If you're going to be closer, 7.62x39 all day. It'll arc at a distance, sure, but that's why AK sights are adjustable. At the ranges where 7.62x39 starts to arc, .223 isn't even effective anymore. It won't penetrate deep enough or fragment at all.

Cat cat just jump onto a couch. It's being dramatic or stupid, deserves every bump.

this. the cat has literally everywhere to go, it can climb on the fucking cupboards if it wants. the turtle only has the floor, so it has every right to rule it with an iron fist.

If your concern is punching armor, you should be looking into a full size round. You can't count on your enemy wearing some fucked up Chinese AR500 armor. If you're facing armored subjects, they're likely to be wearing pretty top of the line shit. Even if it's level 4, a full size round will knock their ass down and multiple rounds will go through, with .223 they won't fall back and it'll take a shit ton to go through. I wouldn't recomend any intermediate round if armored enemies are of any concern.

10 years this November senpai

i wasn't saying that the results were necessarily bad, me and everyone else were just very surprised. reminded me of the "556 is made to hurt, not to kill" thing. distance was like 15m.

It's a faster moving, skinnier round. It'll cut through armor better. It's not entirely comparable though, because 5.56 doesn't do so well with other barriers as compared to fatter .30 cal (7.62) rounds.

Similarly, 9mm cuts through certain barriers better than .45. But if barriers were a concern I'd pick a .44 magnum over a 9mm. That's kind of my philosophy, if I'm going to rifle up, I don't mind carrying 1.5x the weight of an intermediate set up for the benefits of real fuckin NATO. I'm already carrying a lot of shit, and wasting all that extra ammo probably isn't a good idea anyway unless I'm part of a unit.

If you’re fighting around vehicles, 7.62x39 is great since it does a better job at penetrating light cover than other intermediate calibers like 5.56.

>I remember when my whole family bought BLOPS new
FUCK

Attached: 1557180721646.png (960x960, 141K)

>1.5x the weight
That's for my particular .308 set up, a PTR91 with 6 20 rounders. If you're running an AR10 with plastic mags, you can probably get your weight down enough to where you won't notice the difference, or the same weight if you subtract a mag or two (don't, just bump up the weight faggot).

My point is, OP you shouldn't be too concerned with intermediate caliber performance when full size calibers still exist. There are always trade offs with the intermediates, where as the only trade with full sizes is the weight and we're not goddamn conventional soldiers anyway, we don't need shit tons of ammo for suppressive fire purposes. But if you must save weight, 7.62x39 is certainly the way to go. 5.56's trade offs are too many, whereas 7.62x39 only limits your range.

so, while it's retarded to say that that's how it was intended to be, it's still true to say that 5.56 is more likely to go through and hurt? While 7.62 would more likely get stuck and is thus more likely to kill?

What sort of barrier are we talking about here? Soft targets (human flesh)? 5.56 fragments inside a person under certain circumstances. Range, velocity (barrel length matters), and type of ammo must be taken into consideration to ensure proper fragmentation occurs. Otherwise you get a "skinny" situation like in Somalia where your rounds are just ice picking through the person (won't be the case with most modern 5.56 cartridges, but will be the case if you hit an arm or graze them). Under its ideal conditions, I would not want to get hit with a 5.56, I'd rather take the 7.62.

When 7.62 hits a soft target, it don't give a shit what the conditions are. It just makes a big ass hole. It doesn't rely on the mechanics of fragmentation, but leaves a bigger wound cavity, and thus makes a target bleed out faster if you missed the vitals. It likely won't "get stuck" but will go right through you (depending on how dense you are) and potentially still hurt the guy behind you, 5.56 doesn't typically go all the way through unless it ice picks. Also an arm hit or a graze is much more devastating with 7.62. It is however, easier to stitch up because it typically leaves a cleaner wound whereas a fragmented round is hell for a surgeon to clean up.

>Siege on console
kek

Attached: 1512548853496.webm (720x404, 1.6M)

yeah i was talking about human flesh, thx for the explanation user

>Me playing on PC

Attached: crying.jpg (427x231, 28K)

>Siege on console
holy fuck do people actually play this?

Of course. It needs some new life breathed into it, with better bullet design, but it's going to get that as the Russians modernize their arsenal here, and the MOD specifically mentioned updating the 7.62x39. As it sits, it's still doing the job it always was, and on battlefields right next to 5.56 which has multiple updated loadings and things in common usage to improve it's performance.

Why do all these FPS gameplay videos always show someone mowing down 4, 5, or even 6+ human players at a time with no risk of dying? Is this a console thing where everyone's hindered by having to aim with the same shitty analog sticks?

Attached: 1549213946976.jpg (499x361, 25K)