/knifegeneral/ anyone?

/knifegeneral/ anyone?

Have a gander at my modified knives, never liked spending more than I can afford to lose/break so I usually tinker to make them better

Attached: 647D4C9F-DD4B-447C-B28D-57DD267CDADA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bailuQUh2mY
amazon.com/Headline-Sign-31741-Letters-Numbers/dp/B000GP08K6/ref=sr_1_36?crid=17P28Q5S2LGFE&keywords=self stick letters&qid=1557627812&s=gateway&sprefix=self stick le,aps,246&sr=8-36
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not gonna lie, I like the yellow box cutter one.

Feel free to ask about any, my least favourite is the little one, cut me wide open from a sharpening slip

Attached: 99D7B4A4-B779-411A-800D-3D9D1AC46309.jpg (2592x1936, 1.8M)

Tryin to make a big brother too. Super easy project to make, just drill a hole thru the blade, then thru the plastic runner and I use chopsticks as pins, strong enough for hard warehouse work

Attached: 7E48F816-EE99-4764-9B79-7099668C9870.jpg (4032x3024, 2.62M)

whats a good knife brand for someone who has only ever owned shit?

kizer

ontario rat series

Spyderco.

Attached: Resizer_15575274831870.jpg (1200x675, 716K)

Imagine being underage and so poor you cant afford even a opinel or svord

Only one of those pal but I appreciate the bump

Attached: BF8ACAAA-9BE5-4DB9-9E06-58000841565F.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

I'm so dumb I spent $1000 on knives in the last couple of weeks.

This looks like a UK drug kingpin's armory.

Attached: oinkpigletiwouldhavenoproblemkillingthisthingandpublicizingmyself.jpg (191x255, 12K)

Kershaw. Picked this up for ~35 USD back in 2009. Still in my edc package.

Attached: FB_IMG_1481531508073.jpg (5312x2988, 3.21M)

Oh neat modified knife thead

Attached: 20190502_223704.jpg (4032x1960, 2.08M)

I have a benchmade contego folder come at me you sad prissy faggot

what did you get?

no gun

Dude your knives are fucking garbage. Stop posting them. If your gun collection consisted of a hipoint and 2 slamfire homemade shotguns would you post it in every fucking arsenal thread? No one wants to see this trash. Its boring and eye rolling. You may not be underage, but your behavior and "collection" fucking screams "mommy wont let me buy real knives please validate my edgelord homemade shanks". Get some fucking discipline(probably why you are poor as fuck) and save us from wasting our time having to scroll past your faggotry.

But i know you won't stop, youll keep posting your fucking meth shanks every chance you get just to spite me because youre low test, high estrogen attention seeking faggot who needs validation every day.

Post ONE timestamped pic of a gun you own.

Attached: 1557423061084.png (629x1173, 131K)

Spydercooooo.
Two Heinniehaynes ukpk's, 52100 dlc manix 2, s35vn dlc para 3, Chaparral lightweight, mule team pd1.
Canadian yuan ain't what it used to be.

Got this little guided sharpening tool for $30 yesterday, its smaller than i expected but works well. Nice for getting better at sharpening and small/light enough to take camping or whatever

Attached: IMG_20190511_093749.jpg (4608x3456, 2.32M)

All I want to know is how to sharpen knives. Preferably the chinese kind.

Get yourself a Spyderco sharpmaker. You don't need anything like a whetstone or diamond stones for cheap Chinese alloyed metals unless you chip the blade or bend it severely and have to reprofile.

>Spyderco sharpmaker
why are you recommending a $70 sharpening sy stem for someone like that?

If you have no idea what youre doing one of work well, otherwise just get a $10 whetstone from amazon

When he decides to become a real man the sharpmaker will still do the job on higher end knives.

It seems like it'd be better to start with a cheap stone and then if he ever steps up he can still use that stone or find some nicer ones

If wants to go the stone route I'd say get a king kw65 1000/6000 combo.

harder to use a stone freehand than a system, takes a lot more practice

lansky turn box is similar to sharpmaker and cheaper

there's also this from based paul sellers youtube.com/watch?v=bailuQUh2mY
I have to say, I fucked up the edge on a spyderco trying to do this, but for the price it's worth a try

Yes, it is way harder. Tried freehanding the edges on a couple of my knives and now they're ugly as shit. Freehanding is definitely easier on bigger blades like kitchen knives because you have more control. The Spyderco goldenstone seems to be well regarded.

Don’t own any pens so no time stamp eat those words.

>pic related, my problem solver

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.55M)

>haha im totally not a nogunz check out my reddit fingerguns meme

Yea, underage nogunz detected. Fuck off and lurk, or go show all your school friends your totally cool meth shanks and airsoft guns. You bring nothing of value to this board enough to warrant posting. Finish school and get a job, child.

You have impressed me with your ability to spend money. As a meagre token I offer my most expensive and therefore prized knife in the collection

Attached: 3101BD27-2B42-4A13-8F0E-1ACA7150B7D5.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

try buying a firearm, lel

If it makes you feel better I think you're both phaggots

How about a genuine ACME brand icepick? Not quite a knife or gun but guaranteed hilarious shivings

Attached: BD7B2F39-890E-4C83-9AEC-A7F9DA2A7E71.jpg (4032x3024, 1.53M)

>harder to use a stone freehand than a system, takes a lot more practice
hes practicing on some chinese piece of shit you can get plenty of practice out of one knife.
yes the learning curve is much higher but once he masters it he can do anything.
just keep going until its sharp or looks like this.
plenty of humans before you got by just fine with stones its not an impossible task.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

I kind of want to go buy a $1 knife and the cheapest stone I can find and sharpen it until that point

Mommy wont let him kek

Is this the DIY thread for yuropoors?

Attached: EDC.jpg (4617x2253, 1.18M)

Tried but turns out no one here has a creative bone in their body and would rather show off the thousandth spyderco posted in a /kg/. Fuck new Jow Forums at least I’m making oc, go hand forge something to top my work or stfu

Attached: 279F8F27-A69E-4DE4-9A4C-CB1B1801250F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

My nigger.

Attached: IMG_20190423_150812.jpg (4160x3120, 2.68M)

hand forge means heating and forming metall. Sorry dude, I made that knife with raw steel plate and a grinder. Hand forging should be nice

No shit, that’s why I said forged as in try and do better than what I can. But none of you losers can, it’s pathetic. Make something you can call your own not one or literally millions. My blades are like my girls:not so pretty but they get the job done

Attached: DB9CE016-9062-4A45-94E0-7689E95C34F9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

At least in /gq/ there’s that guy who makes Hawaiian print plate carriers

Ah, now I understand. You love to recreate blades like Art. Making something but without application behind it :3
I dont like Arts and even without owning a good knife like Spyderco I would say 1 knife beats all your british jail knifes.

Its not new k that is boring, its you

Attached: tenor.gif (640x480, 2.4M)

what job would your knife actually be good for? genuinely curious what use a fully serrated blade with no cutting edge is for.

LARPing, that's a tomato knife in a box cutter. It's a step above
>I assembled some shit I bought and that counts as me making a weapon
because it looks like he had to do a little work but this is still pretty dumb.

You arent making or forging anything. Youre taking box cutters and kitchen knives and just mashing them together.

The most diy knife I made was taking a butter knife and getting it to a very sharp and pointed blade when I was in middle or high school. If I had a yard I would consider making a forge and finding some steel and actually making a custom knife but not at the moment

Im lucky to have jewtube, without a father and education in metall working it took me 3months learning before even calculate the knife shape and begin to build it.
You should do it one day and try to make a good knife that serves you for live. Good luck user

Attached: split.jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

Just got this in the mail to consider for an edc, I realized upon unboxing that there is no pocket clip so this isn't going to work out. Not to mention it's even heavier than I expected

god damnit pic was too big

Attached: IMG_20190511_193333.jpg (4608x3456, 3.23M)

Are you as retarded as op?

It would seem so. I think I'm just going to return it and order a Kershaw Launch 1 instead.

thats better

Made this: 8" blade, 1/8" 1095, maple sugar bamboo laminate with red vulcanized paper liners.

Attached: IMG_20190505_150251-min.jpg (4048x3036, 1.1M)

Fucking BASED for DIY knife

Attached: 1556662688630.jpg (1000x1000, 154K)

Attached: IMG_20190505_150536.jpg (3036x4048, 3.06M)

free hand flat grind ?

I like the idea of having a bali to be able to flip around some to kill time but they're all so expensive.

Yessir, it's quite a slicer.

also, i really wish the purple version was still available.

how many points of meth do you go through a day on average ?

Attached: 1557512960430.jpg (996x776, 62K)

First shit I buy after PhD is a grinder. I really want knife making and reloading as a hobby.
Fucking good job user.
Do you like the finish I made 2 days ago on the knife ?
Thx and saved

Attached: finished.jpg (5312x2988, 1.29M)

>summer camp councilor

Attached: C2B84A6E-10A9-4178-A929-8A368D3DE66A.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

Heck yeah. How'd you do the 1095 etch? Looks great.

Every bong Jow Forumsommando should make a knife and KTS with it. Its so tragic

This board is called weapons not firearms you stupid faggot

>How'd you do the 1095 etch
Hmm thats pretty easy. You need spaypaint and a solvent to remove it.
>glue amazon letters on oilfree knife
>spray some layers paint on it
>wait and remove letters
>let it fully dry
>use cotton + ethanole to remove leftover glue
>electric engrave for some mins
>remove paint
Thats it. Needs not more time but you should ckeck the paint if its removeble by ethanole. Mine was so only a short whippe or the paint is off. Sorry for english, its 4am here and learnig since yesterday :3

Anyone own a large Artisan Tradition?

What budget?

What are those guards made of anyway? Plastic?

Gotcha. I used the nail polish method and scribing it by hand, it works fine but doesn't look very professional. I'll try that next time. Your English is fine btw.

I see your 1095 has the same hardening lines. Its shit, we cant grind it away so mirrow finish is only imperfect. Next time Niolox.
amazon.com/Headline-Sign-31741-Letters-Numbers/dp/B000GP08K6/ref=sr_1_36?crid=17P28Q5S2LGFE&keywords=self stick letters&qid=1557627812&s=gateway&sprefix=self stick le,aps,246&sr=8-36
Enjoy

They're just part of the rubber handle, they only look different because they're not textured. The SP series does have at least one knife with a metal guard.

Attached: Ontario raider bowie.jpg (550x412, 72K)

What's a good knife for scooping shit out my own ass?

just get an Opinel. It's a descent knife for shit knife prices.

Attached: OPINEL-KNIFE-RANGE-MAIN.jpg (800x600, 209K)

Gotta look cool somehow.

handmade, without e-tools or grinder

Attached: 1555793689902.jpg (2937x2971, 1.41M)

I've always wanted something a little more interesting than a standard folder and figured if I'm going to spend ~$100 i might as well get something like that. I actually do like this Bradley pretty well. The weight wouldnt be a big deal but having no clip is kind of a deal breaker for an edc, especially for something this size and weight.

Kabar tactical spork.

>implying I’m not an American stuck in a bong hell hole

Attached: E5974F43-A8FE-4B4A-B4A8-057AE4E83792.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

Anybody got a good day to day pocket knife they can recommend? Lost my swiss army knife, it was handy enough that I'm consdering getting another.

What are you looking for in an edc knife? If youre looking for something super versatile like the swiss army knife either get another one of those or get a leatherman. If you want something smaller that's just a basic knife then it depends on budget and what you want from it. Personally i find something like a swiss army knife a little more bulky than i like to carry every day. The one i have is on the smaller side and even still I'd definitely prefer a more basic knife.

Pic related is what I carry, uncoated blade with brown handles so normies wouldn't freak out about it. Still get comments on how big it is but it's as big as my hand so IDK what people expect. $30 standard, you can upgrade to D2 for another $10. I did, not sure that it makes much of a difference but I like having D2.

Attached: Ontario RAT1.jpg (1024x921, 469K)

The main blade needs to be good. My last knife sacrificed a lot of the usual bulk for a bigger blade, but even that was a little more flimsly then I would like. Feature-wise, there's only a couple things I really want from my old knife, tweasers, can opener, and maybe a saw blade. A feature I would have loved is some pliers since I do a lot of fishing. But I don't imagine there's any half-decent pliers built into knifes/multi-tools that are wieldly enough for my purposes without being awkward to use, so I could live without this.

I'd say just get a leatherman of whatever size youre willing to carry. My friend has one and the knife on it is solid id say.

Second this, and get a Mora if you want a fixed blade knife made of good sandvik steel for ~$10.

Boker; I own a Colubris (one of DJ Urbanovsky's custom designs).

They have deals where they'll mass-produce designs by custom knife makers and get licensed to do so; they pay royalties to the makers and the makers ensure that they maintain some level of baseline quality to maintain their own reputation.

For the $60 or so I paid used for it, I'm pretty satisfied.

What the hell knife should i get for just every day carry that under or somewhere around $100? Don't want serration.

Get an opinel. They're cheap, the least threatening looking pocket knife, light weight, comfortable handles, thin blades that are good for cutting, decent steel, and they're cheap. You won't regret buying one and you won't be bothered if you lose it.

There are so many decent to good budget EDC folders out there nowadays. Check out Ruike, Steel Will, Real Steel, Civivi, Kizer Vanguard, Kershaw's stuff from the last two or three years, Artisan, Tangram, Spyderco Byrd, Ontario's RAT folders, et all.

my EDC is a kershaw I don't think it was more than 30$

Any cheap Kershaw or CRKT folder that you think looks good.

>They have deals where they'll mass-produce designs by custom knife makers and get licensed to do so; they pay royalties to the makers and the makers ensure that they maintain some level of baseline quality to maintain their own reputation.
A lot of companies will do this, fwiw. kershaw and crkt both spring to mind.

spyderco manix 2 lightweight, ontario rat 1 or 2 (for $100 you can get two of them in the nicer D2 steel), kershaw link in m390 (sold out in most places but you can still find em at kershawguy and it's a nice knife), cold steel american lawman/ak47/recon 1/code 4 are all good. I'm not crazy about Benchmade (politics aside) but lots of guys like em and IIRC the mini griptilian is around $100.

look at leatherman skeletool, pretty damn pocketable but has pliers and screwdriver in addition to blade

Are auto knives seen as worse than normal folders? Most of the ones that seem decent are in the $100-150 price range it seems like so I'm not sure if it's worth it to get one of those or just go with a normal spiderco or benchmade

hard rubber with a little give to it.

I carried a Gerber 06 Auto for like a decade. Spring assisted knifes are kind of pointless, you can flip open pretty much anything single handed just as fast.

Worse as in quality? Well some el cheapos compensate for a shitty action with a mechanical assist, but as long as you buy from a reputable company it should be fine. Check out Kershaw's Launch 1. $99 on bladehq.

your paying for the novelty of a switchblade more than anything
if you bought a springassist for 30 bucks all the 30 bucks is on quality
autos just cost more to get to the same base line in quality

>Are auto knives seen as worse than normal folders?
imo, more shit to break, possibly weaker lockup and more blade play (especially with OTFs), not really any faster (and how much does muh fast matter anyway?) certainly have to spend more to get a comparable level of functionality and there are still some unavoidable weaknesses. but if you like em get one. I have a Boker Kalashnikov that mostly sits in my toolbox and it's kinda neat.

Autoknives are a meme.
The benchmade axis locks are really good, smooth, ambidextrous, some positive retention when it's closed, and still easy to flick open if you manipulate the stud or locking mechanism while flicking.
Spydercos are also great, you'll never fumble opening one even with gloves on thanks to the big hole in the blade design.