What does /k do with steel casings?

What does /k do with steel casings?

>looks cool
>kinda fun to play with
>kind of useless because they cant be reloaded
>rusts
>scrap value is next to nothing

I can atleast make a wind chime or stick them up my butt. Or something. What do you guys do with them other than throw them away?

Attached: B137F2F6-311E-4EED-B10F-5441739D5182.jpg (794x794, 120K)

>>kind of useless because they cant be reloaded
wrong

leave them on the ground and forgot about em

Build a forge and melt them down into reloading dies to make your own off the wall bullets.

You can reload them it’s just a pain to.
If it was surf they’d be valuable.

>forge
>melt down

A foundry furnace is for smelting, dumbass.

We found out after Sandy Vagina that steel cases *can* be reloaded, if you're careful.... once. That's it.

Or make a windchime. That would be cool.

Sorry for mixing up the words, but you understood the idea regardless twink boi

I honestly kinda like the sound they make as they TINK and knock together.

Steel ones will get rusty

>mixing up the words
You mean incorrect terminology?

I kind of got what you meant, but thats the same as saying youre gonna fly your car up the street.

Sounds incredibly dumb but yea, I somewhat understood what you tried to say.

Blasting caps.

Is reloading it even worth it?

The cases are out of spec slightly and it runs a higher chance of chamber detonation doesn't it?

This cuck doesnt fly his car. What a fag!

Attached: 1541173535948.png (205x277, 57K)

I give them to small children to spark that fire in them and turn them into SHALL by the time they're 12

Of course not

Gary Paulsen (writer of Hatchet) used old spent casings to make improvised arrowheads

I dump them in the brass jew's buckets

Put them in the brass jew's bucket.

>pick it up
>take few steps downrange on the way to check targets area
>inhale, look around
>then throw it in safe direction
>cool whistling rotatory sound
>look around and inhale
>enjoy beautiful day on nice place
>sun, wind and birds, fresh grass and flowers around...

Spray paint them in brass color first ;3

>shooting steel
Fortunately I left the life of poverty years ago

shut up nerd

throw them over the fence into your black neighbor's yard

Throw them in the bucket of the brass jew.

what, are you gonna buy brass 7.62x39, poseur?

You can reload steel case it's just harder on your press, and trimming equipment. The main issue is alot of steel shit berdan primed which makes it a bitch to convert over to a boxer primed case. There are plenty of YouTube videos demonstrating that yes you can reload steel case ammo, and that it's not really any different in terms of reloading brass case ammo when excluding berdan primer pockets.

Mostly right tho

Reloading what? Steel rounds? '39s? If you're reloading 44 mag, then yes totally worth it. Loading something super common? Probably not.

I make ear buds.

Attached: earbuds.png (633x328, 347K)

I mean would that actually work without hammering them out? I can only think that the air pocket would slow it down considerably

I did this cool lighter the other day

Attached: 97DD77CB-BA6B-4D0A-9EC2-86A9D2D3ADD1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

Punch some holes in the sides and make a necklace.

Attached: 43566-2-1313965247.jpg (1280x1024, 872K)

>Spray them a dull golden color to give to the brass jew

That is neat. Good job man.

Attached: lmaooo.jpg (482x570, 52K)

I autistically scatter them around my property. When I go for walks it looks like a war zone

Tyre valve caps.

Fill them with wax and turn them into candles.

>namefag
>tripfag
>plebbit spacing
You have to go back

Nice reading

I dig holes and put them in there, happy hunting ATF!

Thanks bro

What if you were to reload them completely out of spec and just leave them around in the hood

it's phil dude, he's been here for too long. you've outted yourself playboy

>steel cases *can* be reloaded, if you're careful.... once. That's it.

Bottleneck cases - once, rarely twice. If you insist on being frugal you can go for a 2nd/3rd time as long as you don't use it in a semi-auto - keep it in a beater bolt gun

Pistol/Straightwall
3 times

>Is reloading it even worth it?
Yes
Steel cases are stronger and work better in my PTR & FAL (both will ding brass) so getting a single reload out of it is worth it. Don't wanna risk a case separation/chamber det and steel is hard on resizing dies so it's not worth more than one go on bottleneck rounds.

Steel has the advantage of, if you know what you are doing and applying the right techniques, lasting alot longer than brass in storage, and, again with the right techniques, being more forgiving in less than proper storage - like on stripper clips/in a magazine long term outside of an ammo can

get clear Christmas ball ornaments. put bullets inside. sell on ebay, craigslist, swapmeets whatever for profit. $5 a pop

Basically, while it doesn't "stretch" as much as brass does, after 2 shots (one reload) you will need to resize and steel is pretty damn hard on resizing dies, not to mention it doesn't take repeated stress as well as brass and you run the risk of a case head separation around the bottleneck area.
This issue isn't as big of a concern on pistol/straight wall ammunition

>What does /k do with steel casings?
I leave them on the ground
Fuck the fudds at my range

I put them in my anus ass. You know, da poopa?

Stupid nigger doesn't recognize Phil.

I shove them up my butt.

556 of 5.56 is my record.

make a muder/k/ube
or this

They make brass plated steel case.

Attached: brass-plated-steel-casings.jpg (500x382, 55K)

Get a block of wood and glue them primer down to the wood. Then you have a pencil/pen holder that you can decorate.

Lol, bet he doesn't even drive his plane
imagine being this cucked

I kinda wanted to make a wind chime out of mine too funny enough, never got around to it though.
You could also make them into homemade snap caps since snap caps are needlessly expensive.

>being this new

Attached: wall (1).jpg (4320x3240, 2.33M)

everytime I imagine someone picking up ammo at the range its always some fat neckbeard.

Attached: wall (2).jpg (4320x3240, 2.22M)

This is actually a good idea

Make stuff out of them, Jewelry, artwork, decorate furniture.

I’m thinking a 7.62x39 coat rack would be cool.

Attached: 20F99C04-B903-42EC-876A-61410BA63304.jpg (636x527, 120K)

>>kinda fun to play with
what

where do you get the earphones to put inside? and the cable? are you just modding existing earbuds ?

now thats cool. what did you use for the spark wheel?

Just get a normal spark wheel from those plastic ligthers they sell at the gas stations

I put them in boxes with jewelry I am shipping specifically to the UK.
Fun times had by all.

>A foundry furnace is for smelting, dumbass.
No it isn't you retarded fuck.

Smelting implies winnowing the metal from its ore. A foundry is an operation that produces castings, so a foundry furnace must be capable of melting metal. But, most foundries melt scrap or ingots NOT raw ore. So in no way does a foundry furnace imply smelting.

A forge is either an outfit or piece of equipment that shapes metal -typically by heating it up. So in theory empty cases could be "forged" into a die.

You could sell these for like 60 dollars

I've seen crafts stores sell bullet casing, just plain unmodified in anyway casings, for around $5 each.
It's ridiculous what normalfags will pay for casings.

Amazing, jelly af

stick to the liberal fascism posts phil, you're most in your depth while bitching about blue state cancer

as long as you anneal the necks of steelcase ammo you can reload that shit multiple times

How did you make this?

>doesn't know what reddit spacing is

>doesn't know who phil is

>thinks he's not an obvious plebbiter

user YOU need to go back.

Attached: 1499346640409.jpg (717x880, 200K)

Burn em and leave em.

what is it supposed to be?

looks like 80's iranian soldier. Why would anyone choose it as subject of shellcasing art i have no idea

Fuck off he is contributing to the conversation

>punch out primer
>fill with favorite burning powder, black or gun, finger over empty primer
>crimp the top
>put a fuse in the back, stuff the area around the fuse with cotton and a toothpick
>boom

did these with old brass casings when I was younger. i think you could find a way to do it with electric sparklers too

If you aren't shooting enough to make scrapping them worth your time then the answer is you need to shoot more.

Take an empty alcohol bottle, peel off labels, clean outside, fill about 2/3 with shells, fill with vegetable oil. Cap and seal with super glue or w/e.
Use as book stop or general decoration.
Or if you have taste, sell at trades day/gun showfor $10 or start an Etsy shop and sell for $50 since it's hand made.

Lol how evil and also I wanna bring those into a range that doesnt like steer core in a winchester box

Exploding niggers I like it

interesting

is black powder even strong enough to pop the metal?

I can't picture that looking good at all.

it does next to the live laugh lube wall decoration and stiff macaroni sculpture

i dunno. only ever tried it with gunpowder

make art with it

Attached: ammo sexual.jpg (720x727, 85K)

steel is for poor fags

Yeah notice I said, if you have taste you'll figure out how to sell it.

Attached: 20190511_214512.jpg (4032x3024, 3.86M)

That actually looks kinda neat

Looks better with brass in my opinion.

Might be kinda neat to see if the guy at the pro shop would put them in a bowling ball