/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
12 Gauge "Pistol" Edition
>Thread #821

Old thread here

Attached: 59433215_677226866052946_3788005189838712001_n.jpg (824x530, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AK Buyers Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Hmm inerdasting, doesnt look too bad with that brace. Too bad it's a Lynx tho.

>Too bad it's a Lynx tho.
It's Kalashnikov USA's "Komrad".

GF3 is equal to WASR in quality, if you disagree you're either an elitist memeing/dabbing on the poors or just wrong.

Attached: 1480484083680.jpg (920x960, 155K)

So I want to make an abomination like pic related. Basically an AK104 with a welded 4" muzzle device, out of my current full length Saiga. What's the best process to go about this? I've seen people hacksaw off the barrel then crown it with a screw and a drill, but that seems ghetto.

Also what are acceptable muzzle devices for a 104? Do I pretty much have to get a booster (which is 10x uglier in 4" form), or can I use a 4 piece flash hider (they have 4-5" versions). Let's say I did want to form 1 it, would a 74 style brake still work?

Attached: AK-104.jpg (640x311, 21K)

Oh neat. Assumed it was a Lynx cause I never heard of any saiga variant being that

>cast parts are equal to hammer forged parts
Yeah you're right, you are memeing

The rails I ordered off Russian Thunder had a different coating and different hex screws than the one I got from Legion, which looked like normal Zenitco. It was very suspect, and I remember them looking like the pics of airshit I saw.

I've heard the lynx is better than what's coming from kalashnikov right now. I don't know how true that is overall, but my local shop just sent back 3 they ordered because they were like half riveted. And the rear trunnions were pushed out weirdly.

To head off the inevitable questions
>WBP Fox
Good
>RH10/M10
Good
>Romy build by Atlantic
Good
>PSA GF3
Not good
>Just buy a fucking WASR

Kalashnikov USA isn't in any way affiliated with actual Kalashnikov. They're basically Lynx parts kits imported from China and assembled in KY.

Wait so we're importing Chinese AKs again?

>twas cope that killed the newfag
I'm still waiting on a full test. But you do you, boo-boo.

Attached: IMG_20190507_020913.jpg (2400x3200, 2.48M)

No you're totally right, my experience with them has been mostly the same. Rivets are just totally smashed, if they're done completely at all; the roughest of rough work inside the receivers, spot welds seemingly thrown around with no regard for where they should go, etc.
Not as bad as the Catamount Fury tho. Dear god.

No. Shotguns were immune to the import ban in the first place. Lynx 12s and Cheetah 12s are Siaga knock offs made by DDI in China.

Zenitco has been intending to move to cerakote from anodizing for a little while now
The screws are probably because hex screws are shit

Attached: Zenit finish.png (1080x113, 8K)

Holy fuck, what? I just assumed. Can... can they do that? How has Mikhail's ghost not gotten at them yet?

Attached: how-about-i-slap-your-shit.jpg (208x208, 14K)

I mean if you look at it that way and only that way, yeah we are
Nobody cares about your fakelite

did cold hammer forging and chrome lining turn out to be a good process for AK's?

thanks, I got rustled over nothing then

Attached: 1554838514663.jpg (650x1024, 84K)

Yup. I did way more legwork than I should have looking into cheaper alternatives to the Vepr 12 before I just gave up and bought the fucking Vepr.

In literally what way at all did it prove to even be slightly detrimental to any firearm on the planet

I have a cheetah 12. I like it, but I feel like I should have just spent more for a vepr

Attached: ooop.jpg (3264x2448, 2.46M)

>fakelites
They're plum fakies, thank you very much. And I'll have you know my mom thinks they're cool.
I thought it was just me. I can't fucking stand everything going to hex. They strip out easily, and what am I supposed to do if I fucking need to tighten it out in the woods?

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-194211.png (1440x1371, 3.62M)

As far as beater semi autos go for 500 bucks the Lynx/Cheetah aren't bad but yeah if you had the money the Vepr is the way to go.

well I guess the machinery is expensive and the barrels aren't THAT much better

What do you not like?
At 400-500 vs 9-1000, it's very attractive.

Don’t fucking do that to a Saiga, just buy a 107cr. By the time you ;find and buy the correct gb/fsb combo/pay for an aftermarket offering, pay to have it replaced and a pin/weld you’ll be in deep on ruining a gud Saiga.
>buy 107cr
>rent or buy crowning tool
>you can literally use a hacksaw and file
>either silver solder or pun&weld (drill press and welder/gud fren welder)
>skip above and send 107cr to gunsmith
Barrel is approx 12.5” on an AK104 so any 24mm muzzle device that’s 3.5”+ is gud

Attached: A6F4319C-BB31-4161-9492-B79B5F77740B.jpg (1163x1385, 306K)

at that point just go for a Jim Fuller® classic clone

>better parts mean they're worse if they're not better enough
Are you SURE you want that to be your narrative? Last chance

I can't get behind fixed polymer stocks. Shits ugly as fuck. Either go wood or spend the extra thousand and get a side folding polymer.

I'm actually fairly satisfied with its operation all-around.
It's a bit weird having a left-side charging handle and ar-style safety on an ak.
That's probably why I feel that way, if I ever have issues with it I think it's going to be a complete pain in the ass to get parts or repairs.

Your taste is shit and your opinion doesn't matter.

Attached: ak74plum.jpg (4256x2832, 473K)

>ugly
>clamped on gas block

Attached: DF11E2B8-527F-40D3-AF44-E78E196421D5.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Yeah I'm with you. I *kinda* liked them until it fell off my truck bed and split nearly the whole way lengthwise.

Attached: 3cd.png (600x860, 236K)

the F in GF3 means forged, dumbass.

ah, the cheetah with ar style controls, I see

Yeah but it isn't, retard.

I'd say the GF3 is better than a WASR, especially better than a WASR that has been touched by Century. Even the GB2 passed the AKOU tests.

What's the best 12ga AK to buy right now?

>he thinks the WHOLE rifle is made of forged components forged
hahahahahahahahahahahaha Palmetto Strikes Again alright

Look idk maybe chf cl didn't work very well on aks? It doesn't seem like a lot of them are chf cl

How accurate do "fighting" AK's get?

I don't care for Arsenal plum, looks and feels like trash, but those bakes are nice.

>GB2 passed
>obvious defects he glanced over just like he did with the Gen 3
Yeah sure RAS47s also g2g

Did you not read the the thread? We literally went through this, minutes ago. Lynx for poorfagging, VEPR if you need a wall hanger for your third vacation home. There is no in-between.

>I've lived long enough to see the WASR become a "dab on poors rifle"

You're basing your argument off of hypotheticals you're not even sure are possible or exist and I want you to sit back and think about how stupid that is before bothering to continue on why you think improving a firearm through more structurally integral parts could plausibly maybe be slightly detrimental if [insert bullshit string of events here]
Your thought process is literally "well hammer forging has improved every gun I can think of, but since its thrown into an AK the metallurgical behavior and integrity of consistent, forged grain flow just goes out the window"

Vepr 12 if you have the money, but the Lynx isn't terrible if you don't have the budget. Takes most of the same shit the Siaga does with most of the issues the DDI 12 had corrected. You might also be able to find a sporterized Siaga for reasonable money.

You're literally out functionality for no gain otherwise. Side folding stock is the peak ak.
Yeah if it were russia and I could pick up half a dozen on the side of the road it'd be no problem, but as far as aethetics, storage, versatility, and product safety go it's just as good as it gets.
>Full length stock
>Gun falls off table ass end first
>Lands on possibly 10+ year old combloc polymer
>Breaks

>Folding stock
>Falls ass end first
>Hits stamped (Or if you should be so lucky milled) corner of gun
>guns fine
>Lands on side
>impact is more evenly distributed
>Probably fine

Oh yeah and I guess I can throw the
>poors
Meme in there too while I'm at it.

>its either overpay for trash or overpay greatly for a decent gun there is no in between
Except there is. It's called a saiga. You probably dont know this but it's actually what the Lynx is based off of, it's a shotgun AK variant first made in Russia decades ago. Isnt that cool? Theres even different calibers, some smoothbore! I know, rare information, right?
It's okay not everybody knows about them, I understand Saigas are moreso an unknown hipster gun

what kind of sandy vagina are you?
you're worried about your ak falling on the floor?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

If it means cracking an $80 Polytech synthetic stock resulting it in being pretty much inoperable or impractical at the very least for the time being, uh, yeah, that was the point from the get go
The worst part about polymerfags is they're the quickest to default to JUST BUY ANOTHER so inb4 that I guess

The other guy literally just posted that the stock cracked you blind moron

Post ak.

>fixed stock fags shitting up the thread

Attached: A new AK.jpg (4032x2103, 3.82M)

Come on guys help I'm doing this right now and don't want to schmutz it up

Attached: 20190510_194539-1008x756.jpg (1008x756, 195K)

>he actually picked up a hacksaw
Use a pipe cutter or something else. It's like goddamn Bob the Builder over here

I just wish manticore still made the fucking wood folding adapter, but they don't. So I'm over here trying to do it myself, with a spare rear trunnion and some bar stock. Feelsbadman.jpg

Attached: 1557510701664.jpg (1732x1736, 600K)

PT1+fixed stock adapter, PT5, or get a folding AK

So I own a polish shop-built AKM, but am confused on how to tell the quality apart on other brands. Setting aside quality of wood finish and minor differences in stamping/riveting, isnt the only real noticeable difference in how many rounds can go through the gun before it wears out?

Paint your gun.

Attached: wbp_build_6.png (1600x730, 1.97M)

Tell Techno to ship his paint already?

Attached: paint.png (613x362, 22K)

I want to keep the wood, though. That's what I'm saying. Manticore used to make an adapter for it, but looks like they stopped around 2015 or so.

Attached: 1554897139714.jpg (768x1024, 136K)

I wished I lived in a shithole where I could openly take Instagram pics of my totally illegal AK out on the main road with literally nobody batting an eye :^(

There's 5.5mm wood stocks

Well fuck, I didn't know that. I just assumed it was all polymer shit.

>$1,000/gal for some black paint full of lead

You plebs would buy grips made from dog turds if they came from russia

If its illegal your living in the shithole

Sorry about your poverty

>Buy RH10 or M10
>Buy L O N G Krink booster
>cut, recrown, thread, pin and weld the booster
>Put railed gas tube on it
>Put polymer furniture on it

>furfag retard who posts the same pictures of daddy's guns ad nauseum has the gall to accuse literally anyone ever of "shitting up the thread"

there's not that muh difference between the top tier bloc nation's parts desu. Mostly comes down to assembly and finish

post ak

Attached: flat as fuck.jpg (534x695, 80K)

More or less, as long as the rifle is built to ComBloc specs, the differences are in terms of finish and to a lesser degree fit.

My Romy is rougher than my Yugo which is rougher than my Saiga, but they all shoot the same.

lol which one

Attached: Pile.jpg (4032x1960, 2.48M)

>cheap trash
Woops you've lost your opinion privileges

Attached: 35t4w633.png (474x467, 246K)

good to know, thanks!

Oooo that's checkmate I'll give you that

>Thinking he has any sort of ground to mock people who actually bought their own guns
Maybe someday your stepdad will get around to refinishing that underfolder

Where is your Bizon or Vityaz?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 10.39.46 PM.png (1052x1124, 2.14M)

He has more important things to buy me right now

Attached: Shit lighting.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

>No plates in the PC

Attached: 1447615198570.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

That tends to happen when you first pull it out of the package

is the zenitco rk-6 too small?

Imagine being the kind of fucking loser who posts an empty, unused PC like it's something to brag about.

Attached: Smugasfuck.jpg (300x350, 22K)

>user doesn't buy anything to take pictures of
>user complains that people don't have new pics everyday
Gonna need some water for all the salt tonight

Attached: 1525132231145.jpg (850x850, 200K)

Any way I can get an AK to look somewhat like an RK62 without spending 5k+?

Attached: valmet_62.jpg (603x186, 13K)

>Some fuckin avatarfag NEET catfucker with a credit card he doesn't have to pay off tries to act richfag
Bud multihit dual-rated III/VI ceramic plates are $120. This is getting sad.

Post one of your wack-ass matches next.

degenerate valmet posting should be bannable

perkele

Attached: 1557387250989.jpg (640x791, 41K)

I mean you could buy one of those Apex Galil kits and get something a little closer but no, not really...

You could suck some dicks, and get the 5k. At 5 dollars a go, that's only 1000 dicks. Or if you're really good, call it 20. That's only 250 dicks, user. For the privilege to own such a beast, it's basically free.

You could try to modify a galil but you'll come close to the price of an rk or end up with something shit

>putting things on credit
Gross
What messed up thought process has made you think I'm not buying plates?

Attached: Nothing to see.jpg (637x407, 78K)

I think most of what's drawing me is the odd vented lower handguard. Anything like that?

You could try to find an RK62 hg but they're expensive and don't come around often
I'm not sure if they'll drop into a galil receiver or not but I would guess you'd need to modify the hg or receiver

talk me out of it

Attached: stahpme.jpg (496x855, 51K)

You could probably get a better price on the df but that's all quality stuff

>What messed up thought process has made you think I'm not buying plates?
What messed up thought process made you post an empty PC in a brag picture?
What messed up thought process makes you post the same unfinished underfolder (you probably still haven't fired) for months on end?
What messed up thought process makes you want to fuck animals?
What messed up thought process makes you think we're not shitting up the thread right now?

>pc has been in the us for literally days, pic was taken 5 minutes after being pulled out of bag
>paint is backordered and gun has been to range
>catgirls aren't animals
>you're salty as fuck and it's hilarious

Attached: 1541641815735.png (500x575, 216K)

Pleb