Spyderco Warrior Hawk

Would this make for a good innawoods axe(cutting smol trees, splitting logs, fending off feisty wild turkeys, bribing Jewish merchants to not sell me to skinwalkers, etc.)?
I know nothing about axes, but love its aesthetic.

Attached: 51PxQH-3GGL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

llbean.com/llb/shop/917?originalProduct=77513&productId=1286013&pla1=0&mr:trackingCode=4FC4C402-BFE7-E511-80ED-00505694403D&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=plaonline&qs=3125265&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6KbF1fCT4gIVeP_jBx3jWw4XEAkYByABEgJAqfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
selfrelianceoutfitters.com/products/wood-craft-pack-camp-carver-axe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's expensive for a small axe and I've always found a hammer back much more useful then a spike, but otherwise should be a functional tool.

>buying an overpriced axe
>from Snyderco the 2A haters
If you want, it's your money you dumb niggerlover.

Attached: spicevo.png (171x232, 8K)

Is the odd point-blade-thing still functional for cutting?

Why are you being hostile?
Tell me more about the 2A thing; I'd not heard of this, if true.

No. It's mallninja garbage.

Go to Home Depot and buy an Estwing hatchet.

Ask on /out/ but spoiler: No.

No. For any of that. Thousands of years of axe development did not bring forth that toy. A mallninja gear developer did.

While we're on the topic of axes, is this any good?

Attached: image.jpg (1591x3168, 3.47M)

It's fine.

Thanks. Maybe later I'll show off my grandpa's hatchet, see what Jow Forums makes of it.
Oh, not OP by the way, I was just jumping in

I'm OP. Show me grandpa's hatchet.

Sure you don't mean Benchmade?

Attached: Oregon-PD-600x589.jpg (600x589, 47K)

no real knifethread, why?

What this user said hammer back is going to be way more useful

Not sure about this one, but the other Szabo designed hawk has a very obtuse edge. It's not suited to cutting, only breaking things. It's a breaching tool. You can grind it down, but it would take a lot of time and the design isn't really optomized for cutting.

If you want a woods hawk, get a CRKT Chogan. They make them with wood handles and full tang.

You can use it to cut limbs off of trees, process small wood, I really wouldn't want to take that /out/, shit I'd take a plastic fiskars axe over that.

No, that blade shape will get stuck splitting wood and would be absolutely awful for chopping. If you want a tacticool woods hawk that will actually perform, get an RMJ tactical. Those are quite literally the best

2nding this if you want tacticool.

If you don't care about tacticool just get a traditional hatchet, or a "Boy's axe". These days you will probably have to look to Euro brands like gransfors bruk if you want a quality new one, or get an older American brand off Ebay. You want a wood handle. Why? If you break it then you can easily fix it in the field. Modern shit with plastic or epoxied-in handles are not easily repaired in the field. Old-school hatchets and axes with a wood handle set with wedges are easy to fix.

Absoloutely agreed.

This.

>500 dollars for something you're going to smack into wood
>LOL

Sorry for the lateness. I have a couple photos of it

Attached: image.jpg (1485x4032, 3.14M)

The brand

Attached: image.jpg (3024x1914, 3.11M)

And where he got it

Attached: image.jpg (2860x1709, 3.03M)

2A haters? You mean benchmade right? Last.I checked Spyderco was alright.

>If you break it then you can easily fix it in the field.
You realize that you're saying "I've never rehandled a tool in my life" here, right?

Hafting a tool isn't hard but it's also not a thing you're gonna be doing innawoods with a random stick you just found and a knife. Not if you want a usable tool anyway.

Attached: 1453061846918.jpg (680x966, 102K)

CRKT makes the best hatchets and tomahawks around. But they are not full tang.

Should I pick up a Gränsfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet for $140 or CRKT for $42?

Gransfors bruks.

Buy old roofing hatchet. Grind to shape. Add longer handle. Make polled tomahawk, (pole-hawk).

Attached: PicsArt_04-05-09.53.05.jpg (1408x2289, 487K)

>crkt hatchets
I like the design of their freyr bearded hawk, but it doesnt really have optimal geometry for axe utility
anyone know of a good bearded hatchet/small axe?

Attached: PicsArt_02-16-04.29.23.jpg (1000x373, 88K)

I'm looking at this right now
llbean.com/llb/shop/917?originalProduct=77513&productId=1286013&pla1=0&mr:trackingCode=4FC4C402-BFE7-E511-80ED-00505694403D&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=plaonline&qs=3125265&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6KbF1fCT4gIVeP_jBx3jWw4XEAkYByABEgJAqfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The one he specifically mentioned is.

The Cold Steel Warhawk is pretty decent. It's a tad on the heavy side, but it's tough. The spike is good for busting knots and burls, and it makes a decent pickaroon too.

Attached: download (3).jpg (416x416, 10K)

oos :(

Attached: carvaxe.jpg (1024x768, 183K)

>link
selfrelianceoutfitters.com/products/wood-craft-pack-camp-carver-axe

Just more uninformed angry racist rants. What do the blacks have to do with this one?

Rinaldi Trento hand axe

Attached: rinaldi-trento-hand-axe-3.jpg (1200x800, 117K)

>You realize that you're saying "I've never rehandled a tool in my life" here, right?
I have no idea why you think that.

>Hafting a tool isn't hard but it's also not a thing you're gonna be doing innawoods with a random stick you just found and a knife
You don't need a "random stick", you find a piece of wood of the appropriate size. You also don't need a knife, you can use the head of your axe.

t. guy who's done it a total of 3 times in his life, first when he was a kid fucking around and broke his dad's hatchet while we were out camping.

No, it isnt.

Attached: httpsimages.salsify.comimageuploads--rpmmnxnd--c_padw_1840h_824fl_clip.png8nff2k2rmonxkbcxjjdnb.png (920x412, 54K)

>CRKT Chogan.
>They make them with wood handles and full tang.

Attached: CRKT chogan.jpg (455x500, 23K)

I dont know what that abomination is but it ain't right.

are you 12 years old?

>I have no idea why you think that.
Because I have a job where hafting tools is a thing I do regularly.

>You don't need a "random stick", you find a piece of wood of the appropriate size. You also don't need a knife, you can use the head of your axe.
>t. guy who's done it a total of 3 times in his life, first when he was a kid fucking around and broke his dad's hatchet while we were out camping.
If this is true then I guarantee the axes didn't work for shit when you did it.

Most manufacturers can't even handle a tool correctly from the factory. Most retards can't do it right with a premade handle, a benchvise, and a rasp.
I have zero doubt that you did a shit job with a piece of wood you picked up, an ax head, and no wedges.
>t. USFS Forestry Technician who has rehandled hundreds of axes, hatchets, pulaskis, shovels, among a myriad of other much more specialized tools, a literal trained professional in this subject who has literally trained other professionals to do it.

Attached: 1436149878051.jpg (598x370, 55K)

It's the culmination of the
>MUH FULL TANG
marketing geared towards people who will break anything that isn't tardproof.

>full tang
>ax
Fucking retarded. Like literally fucking retarded.

Here's my stupid hatchet i found on a school bus circa 1970's. i've replaced the handle twice (much longer) and the steel is soft as hell. I still keep taking it camping and use it around the home stead. it throws better with the longer handle, odd enough.

Attached: 49657.jpg (1535x2047, 883K)

That is not a hatchet

>300 for an axe
eh. I got a grandsfors bruk small forest axe for 150 and honestly it is the best camping implement I have ever used.

Attached: IMG_20180901_140135334_HDR.jpg (2016x1134, 982K)

What exactly are you improving by grinding away the hammerhead to make the contact area smaller? Is it to enhance its ability to smash the operator's fingers?

>If this is true then I guarantee the axes didn't work for shit when you did it.
Again, why would you assume that?
Dad taught me to do the first one. It was pretty simple since the hatchet broke just under the head. We whittled a new eye on it. It was just shorter than it was before. Was the head perfectly straight? no. but plenty good enough to use it for the rest of the camping trip.

The other two times I've done it was as and adult with many years of carpentry experience.

>Most manufacturers can't even handle a tool correctly from the factory
Agreed. I have experience fitting new handles because I'm 6 foot 7 and most tool handles are far too short for me straight from the store. I've given up on shit from home improvement stores. I buy older tools (as I recommended in my earlier post) and fit my own handles. Please don't assume that because most people are retards that means everyone is.

> have zero doubt that you did a shit job with a piece of wood you picked up, an ax head, and no wedges.
I didn't say they were perfect jobs, user. But a field repair is better than no repair. I'm also curious why you're assuming "no wedges". Each of the 3 times I've done it in the field Ive been able to recover the metal wedge from inside the head. The wood wedge is easily made from a broken bit of the old handle, or carved from wood.

>>USFS forestry technician
I'm super happy to hear that. I'm tired of shitty shovels. Do you know where I can buy a USFS fire shovel head only, without the handle? I've already got a long handle to cut down and fit, but I can't find anywhere that will sell me just the head without a handle already attached which is too short for me.

>What exactly are you improving by grinding away the hammerhead to make the contact area smaller?
Jow Forums - weapons

Hatchets are cool but I can only come up with the following innawoods uses for one:
murdering saplings and splitting rotten wood
quartering dead critters
placing stakes and hammering stuff in general (but rock or something is fine too)

Am I missing something?

it is.

Attached: 49660.jpg (1760x2347, 777K)

they're great for general bushcraft shit. making stakes, making notches in wood for building shelter, splittling kindling, they make a pretty good hand-to-hand weapon though you probably won't ever need that.

tossing them for sport?
conceal carry?
cable management?
actually do something other than post on an image board?

Attached: 1556414078983.jpg (900x900, 185K)

this bitch get stung by a bee?

>>red paint
>>pick on the poll

it's a fucking fire ax bro

It's asthetic. Still functions fine for what I use it for, camping.

Attached: PicsArt_02-16-04.30.00.jpg (1000x590, 160K)

ok, fire hatchet. will that do?
still not large enough to be an axe.

Attached: 49661.jpg (1727x2302, 769K)

Just get a cold steel trail hawk or other variant or a crkt. Like the other guy said Muh full tang is autism on axes.

Attached: ReignofVanZan01.jpg (530x799, 65K)

why would you even want a full tang on axe with the kind of force you can generate swinging? Won't it eventually pick up a bend from the impacts? Head with the ability to replace a handle seems like the best option.

I mean for the most part it is stronger but it's at the cost of weight.

I dont understand why you not prefer the spike hawk, same concept but with traditional wooden handle, easy to change for an improvised one in a survival situation

Attached: 51sa7W5LV0L._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 10K)

COUNCIL TOOL
O
U
N
C
I
L

T
O
O
L

When I was a young dumb boot private I bought an SOG fasthawk from the PX. It's ok for chopping small trees, but really it's just better to get a small folding saw or bring an actual hatchet.

Attached: 1554398714112.gif (380x500, 1.75M)

As much as I like spyderco knives, as a tool, that thing is just ridiculously dumb. As a weapon, maybe it's ok, but I'd rather have a fighting knife I could lash onto a stick.

You could buy eight of pic related for the price of one of those tacticool axes, and each one of them would provide eight times the utility, and would probably outlast you and your children.

Attached: estwing axe.jpg (738x738, 66K)