NEWER YORK

last thread
We breakin' this bitch in half.
Remember to secede this November.

Attached: 1557376372165.jpg (1600x1131, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archives.gov/federal-register/constitution
sheriff.ongov.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/NYS-Pistol-License-Application.pdf
statisticalatlas.com/United-States/Race-and-Ethnicity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

845 reporting in

Attached: 2B72E2F8-FDE3-478A-94DC-C662093B59B9.jpg (1024x416, 113K)

Isn’t this shit just going to add two more Dem senate seats

>new york splits
>upstate makes some based laws
>very low taxes, cool guns, etc.
>some nyc people notice low taxes and decide to move there
>unknowingly bring their garbage ideologies with them
>comparatively small upstate population is eventually overrun with city runoff
>city slickers vote for the same crap they were trying to flee from
>both new yorks are now solid blue
>situation same as before except now the same population gets four senators

Are you retarded?

Enlighten me.

Seriously? Wow. Ok. New York currently has 2 dem seats. If it splits, one part will remain dem (and have 2 seats). The other will be rep with 2 NEW seats.

It won't add 2 dem seats. It'll add 2 rep seats. Get it?

see

In which case they have fewer electoral votes due to lower population density. And it would take many years for that to actually happen. Many years where reps are at an advantage in the senate.

This is what's happening with every red/blue boarder.

The Rockland/Westchester line is where the split is drawn.

We could just give the City to New Jersey. NJ is already a lost cause.

Attached: Make New York Great Again.jpg (1000x752, 101K)

This is what would happen.
This is your best option. Give NYC to NJ. They need to be given one containment zone without creating more representational opportunity nearby them for them to poison.

CALIFORNIANS GET OUT REEEE

THE PARKING VIOLATION TICKET LOOOOOL!

>$4.85 per gallon
This can't be real.

When do we get to glass Tompkins County?

Not until I get the fuck out of it, faggot!

Attached: 1484730057613.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

The city is already NY, we should change our name. I like Niagara.

What's the final solution to the Buffalo question?

Attached: ny.png (1260x882, 574K)

Why is half of upstate in Shit NY?
Cut that shit off at Putnam.

>Sticking Putnam and Dutchess with blue
The fuck, man?

If only we could make it all dark red again, in every sense of the word, including demographically, socially and economically

BASED

As someone from PA who lived in NY for 5 years, I agree with everything put forth here - splitting the state south of Orange County (where I lived) so that the Rockland kikes and Westchester "6th Borough" faggots get lumped into it. If you could somehow push KJ/Palm Tree into it too, you'd be pretty set.

I too like the name Niagra and disassociating completely from NYC. Let it burn with north NJ. They'll never let it happen though. The state is doomed until the trend of people moving to cities reverses sometime in the next couple decades and people start to move out and be more conservative again. Right now, there are too many people in NYC to do anything but suffer.

My grandest thought about this whole situation (along with CA since it is the west coast version) would be to pass a Constitutional amendment that dictates that in order to vote, you must own property. Read archives.gov/federal-register/constitution before you call it crazy and look at the majorities you would need to get it through. I could easily see getting the state level support for 3/4.

>fag whose never been to albany and doesnt realize it's a communist shithole just like NYC.

as i said in the last thread, move the capitol to utica or some farm community and albany will wither and die like a pair of testicles going through elastration.

And this time codify into the constitution in plain english so the yous cant fuck with your rights.

Or we could simply get Reynolds vs Sims overturned, which is blatantly unconstitutional on its face.

I am moving to New York from Ohio for work. How fucked is my gun collection?

Do you have a background check and permit, even for long guns that are from an approved list? Do you think firearms ownership is a privilege and only for use at an approved range? Are your guns always going to stay within the legal jurisdiction the City of New York?

If you answer "No" to any of those, then you will be toiling in one of Emperor Cuomo's gulags.

Long Islander here, Suffolk county.

If you don't take us with you I'm going to vote no on everything.

you're on the other side of the city m8, you're not going anyway, gonna need your own seperatist movement.

The only way we'd ever be able to separate if it wasn't part of some broader deal including upstate is via armed insurgency.

Any armchair lawyers here? I've always wondered about the federal legal position on the following:

A duly elected local/regional government within a state declares itself independent of its state and claims U.S. Territory status. They have local forces available which are preventing State officers from entering and exerting any powers or control.

Does the federal government legally consider this an internal state matter? By what means could this locality actually be recognized as a US Territory, such that it could apply for statehood?

The Constitution states that no new state may be created from splitting or merging states unless approved by both Congress and the state legislature(s). However I’m not sure if that would apply to an area that declares itself independent from a state and then petitions from statehood. In all likelihood it would require the area in question to vote for independence from the state in a free referendum. Whether the results of the referendum would be respected or if it would even be allowed to happen in the first place is a different story. The territory also needs to have a decently sized population so one county wouldn’t be granted statehood but there’s a good chance that most of upstate NY together would be. So basically we would have to get the support of Congress and the NYS legislature to do this the proper way.

separate with northern New England

Real upstate hours

>Que rooster noises

New Yorkers are their own brand of cancer just as Californians but at least the New Yorkers stay in their shithole while Californians spread like a plague of locusts across the west coast

iirc New York has a gas tax

Do people really think the Democrats would let one of their strongest states go without a fight?

It’s like 2.90-3.00 where I live rn but in like 07-08 it was super high.

Every city with 1m+ people should just become a hong kong esque city state. They get to do there own thing but they can’t don’t have say outside the city.

It's more like California has a containment breach, while New York City is experiencing a slow leakage.

Attached: legolife cart.jpg (1600x1561, 236K)

Why the fuck are you giving the city so many counties? Cut them off at Westchester.

I grew up in Dutchess county, before I escaped the state entirely. It does not belong with the city.

I'll live in upstate New York around Syracuse. Is this dystopian nightmare you describe the same there?

The position pays nearly $200K a year, otherwise I would have turned it down due to having to live in New York.

I lived in Skanknectady for five years. That whole region, Albany-Schenectady is a shithole deserving of nuclear fire. But we don't need to throw all those other based counties who are nearly consistently red into the dumpster fire that is New York City. The reason Albany politicians are always so blue is because of the New York City demographic. Albany's blue cancer wouldn't mean anything if we got all these Westchester/NYC politicians out. They wouldn't even be residents anymore. Cuomo (Westchester) wouldn't be Governor. Snip off the liberal tumor that is NYC/Rockland/Westchester/LI and suddenly the state government is solid red.

Just don't obey the laws. None of us do. Don't act like a sperg and you won't get arrested. Physically transport them in the trunk of your car from Ohio to NY. If you transfer them all through an FFL, they'll seize anything illegal. All handguns must have a license and registered. Typical "assault weapon" ban bullshit and no "high-capacity" mags. Avoid it all by transporting it yourself.

I should also note that depending on the county you're moving to, getting a handgun license could be impossible for periods of time. NY'rs must have four people sign off on their "good moral character" to get a license. Who is allowed to sign off on that varies from county to county. The people signing off on your application must be residents of the county you live in. Some counties mandate you have known them personally for a period of time. In Dutchess County I believe it is 6 months. In Orange County, there is no time period. It can be literally anyone who lives within the county. I know of other counties that mandate 5 years. This is essentially a defacto ban on pistol ownership for new residents because you don't know anyone and often cannot use family or roommates. Basically, don't expect to be able to get a permit anytime soon unless you're moving to based Orange County. We have the most lax laws in the state.

>Syracuse
Assuming you're moving to Onondaga County, it doesn't appear there is any time period for your 4 references. No family or roommates allowed.

sheriff.ongov.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/NYS-Pistol-License-Application.pdf

How has this not been struck down by the Supreme Court?

Orange county niggers represent

This is happening right now. These city fucks are buying crappy houses at ridiculous prices driving up the value of dog shit. At this rate I'll never be able to buy a house.

The housing market across the country is a sellers market. It will correct, eventually.

im interested

Hey New Yorkers. Fuck off back to your own shithole, you ruined ours already.

t.Masshole

Nobody has taken it that far. That's what they rely on, they pass so many unconstitutional laws there's simply not enough time, money, or willpower to fight them all.

Attached: 1554877976477.jpg (882x878, 37K)

>giving Columbia County to the jews
>not building massive fortifications that resemble the maginot line across the southern border to keep the weekenders from enjoying our low taxes and nature
Rest assured that residents of CC hate the faggots that use our home for their playground as much as you do. I for one would willingly haul bricks and man gun batteries to keep those fucks where they belong.

>Welcome to New York, You are under arrest

Attached: 1551836154509.png (559x626, 227K)

That won't happen that fast, upstate NY has TONS of infrastructural and economical progress to catch up on. Albany/NYC have treated the rest of the state like red headed stepchildren to the point of criminality.
Not to mention upstate NY's cities are in bad shape - Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, Buffalo (in good economic shape but crime wave), Utica, Rome, Watertown, Newburgh, Poughkeepsie.
It's a decades long laundry list of NYC dumping its probation/parolee trash into upstate urban areas.

At this point I don't think most of upstate would care if they were not granted senate seats, the question is will the cucked cities (see why above) hold sway over the rest of the upstate population? Considering Urbanites don't tend to vote in off season elections we'll see, but what's going to happen is Albany will get the MSM on the case and all of a sudden all these "urbanites" will be told that their welfare benefits are in threat.

The relationship between upstate and downstate is so fucking bad that NYC has essentially kept upstate down intentionally.
There's poverty and infrastructural degradation upstate that would make Mississippi & west Virginia blush. Take away the Southern quarter and NY is the poorest state in the union

Dip to the South, user, join Arkansas and vote red.

Population growth says otherwise.

>tfw ulster
FUCKING NEW PALTZ FUCKS FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: goodbye.jpg (1000x1000, 229K)

It's going to have to be argued that major cities are going to have to become separate autonomous areas, like DC, if we're going to save this republic

New Paltz may be filled with liberal city boomers retiring, but at least there is a gun club and a massive skeet shooting range with honest people running both facilities.

200k a year in NY is like 70k a year in a state like Texas. Stop looking at your gross salary and calculate your yearly taxes - including sales, property, and other non-income taxes.
Realize you are actually making less than 100k a year

I am not a moron and already did the calculations factoring in taxes. I was looking for reasons to turn it down. Ultimately, I will be living around Syracuse, not NYC so cost of living isn't much different than where I'm at. It's an automatic $70K increase in salary plus another $70K in potential bonus so hard to turn down.

200k in New York is basically just 100k. Half your income (or more depending on your situation.) Will be taxed.

In NYC 200k is like 70k is Texasbux. Outside of NYC it's closer to 100k in Texbux. Texas pays about 50% less in taxes. NYC adds in their super special City income tax AND you have to pay more for rent, more for transportation, more for virtually everything.

Honestly user, Syracuse isn't too bad from what I've heard. I have a friend of a friend up there that wishes he could live there (he's in NYC for college.)

I have been thinking about joining that club, but didn't know anyone in it. Good to know it's recommended.

I used to live in OC, near West Point, moved to TX years back, still visit NY.

In any secession negotiation NYC would AT LEAST want the Tappan Zee and the Bear Mountain bridges, but NYC's first offer is going to include the Reservoirs.
We WANT West Point and the rest OC. Kiryas Joel is a huge, huge fucking problem, we either take it and break it, or the fucking connected jew community there pushes enough influence - which means NY gets West Point, Monroe, Highland Falls, Cornwall, KJ/PT, Newburgh, Town of Newburgh, Goshen, Chester, Warwick - everything South of I-84 including Stewart AFB - which we ALSO want.

NY would do some shit like that too - take enough land in OC and Dutchess, and take Putnam south to prevent comfortable commute to NYC from our new state

There is ALOT of other shit to calculate for cost of living as well - Gas taxation, Vice taxes, the insurance coverage standards on homes and vehicles.
The only thing Texas has higher is sales tax.
Texas is known for high property taxes compared to alot of other states, but NY is absolutely fucking atrocious with the School taxes.

I get it's hard, but I would look for lateral transfer opportunities within the company to another state, with or without pay cut.

I already feel terrible when I fly back to NY to visit family and buy anything - esp gas and vices. I'll actually fly cartons of cigs to the smokers in my family in NY just because it denies NY hundreds in tax revenue

I get a gas card from the company (along with a company car) and I don't smoke. What other increased costs am I not factoring in that are waiting to rape me in upstate NY?

Join Pennsylvania, and flip that state red?

This is one you can probably avoid pretty easily by not being a dumbass when renting/buying a place, but if you buy a house heated with fuel oil you might as well just open your asshole wide every winter.

>people are taking advantage of something and making money
>and IM NOT
>WHITE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING!

I want to live in the timeline where you can buy guns, ammo, and 1.50 hot dogs at Stewarts gas stations in new new york.

If you get rustled we're going to make maps with even more obscene divisions. Don't tempt us.

How old is this map?

Do sheriffs’ departments in upstate NY even enforce the SAFE Act?

No not at all but an user can dream

Sheriffs mostly no. Local fuzz might and troopers more than likely will

statisticalatlas.com/United-States/Race-and-Ethnicity

idk exactly but it goes off of the 2010 census and appears to use other sources of info as well

Vehicle registration, yearly inspections are cheap, but it's a time cost. Don't break any traffic law, state has a surcharge on top of ticket. Everything is salted to hell in the winter so your vehicle doesn't last.
I live close enough to the PA border I may move over. Keeping PA red is less pipedream than split ny.

Attached: 1557513275515.png (700x629, 210K)

Vice taxes in general are higher, it's not just cigarettes - all nicotine products and cessation aids containing nicotine, all alcohol products.

Depending on where you are coming from sales taxes are probably going to be higher than what you are used to.

No point in risking it, Staties and some rare local fags in various locales have gone out of their way to make examples of non-compliers

Fuck you, you're not lumping me in with those cunts, border needs to be a few more counties south.

I feel you’re pain user

>t. Central Californian

Attached: 3BD35BE1-4A4E-45F0-BBF7-85A2F9305AE8.png (500x552, 274K)

Hello my fellow Hudson valley resident

Your shit was long fucked a long time ago.

>Putnam comfortable commute to the city

Dude, it's a 90 minute train ride to GCS.
It's a reason I work I'm CT.

this. NJ pretty much already identifies as belonging to NYC. Giants' stadium is here, half of us work there, both places are 90% Italian. They're pretty much already the same state. Giving NYC to NJ would be welcomed by literally every NJ liberal who loves visiting the city and every NY conservative who hates the city. It's a win-win for everyone.

Also liberal runoff from NYC would instead be isolated to NJ if they merged instead of upstate, so the problem that and are afraid of would become a non-issue

>but what's going to happen is Albany will get the MSM on the case and all of a sudden all these "urbanites" will be told that their welfare benefits are in threat
That's pretty much what happened last time this was tried only it was the public sector unions screeching about MUH PENSIONS.

We should dump Filthadelphia on them too. That way we can unfuck two states at the same time.

Hey Massholes, Fuck off back to your own shithole. you’re rotting our nice state to shit.

t.NH

Cali talks about splitting into 3. The Dems in control drew it up so the urbans still outnumber the rest of the new states.

Those are NY faggots in cars with MA plates. They come here for the school and stay because their shithole state is fucked worse than ours.

California has the advantage of having several large cities of note - L.A, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose.
This necessitates infrastructure development between them.

In comparison Buffalo is the 2nd largest city in NY (261k pop) and has HALF the population of Sacramento or Fresno - cities of ~500k pop
Buffalo is followed by Rochester (~210k), Yonkers (~197k basically NYC anyway) and Syracuse (~143k).

You have NO FUCKING IDEA, NYC and surrounds are 52% of the states population.

The Northern Tier is a wasteland, the western tier is underdeveloped as soon as you get off the NYS thruway outside of the metro areas.

There is no incentive for NYC to give a flying fuck about anything other than Albany and the Reservoirs when it comes to "upstate"

NYC and its Albany puppet sat on its ass when Buffalo, Syracuse and Rochester were hit hard by de-industrialization and then they made shit 10x worse, as housing values started to implode in the Western Tier, they started unloading their criminals onto upstate cities via probation and parole programs.

There is no state in this union more deserving of being split than NY.

The biggest issue is upstate NY is NOT in the bag for presidential election seasons, NYC made sure of that, and the other state that wants to split is Norcal.
The only states where a red state could be assured to be produced if split is Minnesota, and Illinois - which actually have justification for such.

The best way to go about this, esp. for nervous repubs, is to propose Autonomous major cities, that are severed from their respective states and are self governing bodies

Or you could simply overturn Reynolds vs Sims, as I continually point out to no fucking avail.

>Reynolds vs Sims
That would be the logical thing to do in a logical world.

Which we aren't living in.

Do you realize the uphill battle that would be involved in repealing all that 60's shit like Hart Cellar, the passages of the Civil Rights Act that limited freedom of association.

But lets entertain the thought. If Reynolds v Sims was overturned then NYC, Westchester and Albany still have the power over the state until a redistricting and reapportionment could occur, which might not happen for quite some time

Is that job really worth it user? It will only get worse seeing as Cuomo and Booberg are planning a full on attack on the 2nd amendment. Move to Eastern PA and commute to NY and remain free.