How many rounds should you carry in a SHTF situation?

How many rounds should you carry in a SHTF situation?

Attached: shot2.webm (640x900, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VW2C3exp0R4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

as many as you can

Short-term? As many as you reasonably can. Long-term? As many as you can without compromising more important things like food or shelter. A long-term survival situation should be like an extended camping trip with hunting and fishing added in, and MAYBE a little combat.

full vid?

Also would it be better to have a 3006 hunting rifle or an AR in that situation?

1-3 mags max, honestly. In SHTF scenario, people have this fantasy of going out innawoods like there is anything out there that will save you. Truth is that is it really goes down, all of your supplies are most likely at home, aka the safest place you could possibly be.
At home you have the advantage of knowing the territory, having shelter, probably dry food and water, and people you know and who know you.
The use of a bug out bag for all practical purposes is a small kit that will get you from wherever you are back to your base of operations as quickly as possible. The philosophy of what is in your bag depends entirely how far you routinely find yourself away from home and your people.

imo AR because lighter ammo plus parts would be easier to comeby in-case of breakage at least in the good old usa

In reality you would want something that is able to put down both men and wild animals, but also be as silent and small as possible.
So a bolt action .22 Hornet with a suppressor would be really good for a start.

But since you all are larping fags it doesnt even matter.

This fuck

>implying your home is still safe in a SHTF situation.
you will most likely have to go on the run and hide in rural areas in case of something like an alien invasion tho

>22.
??? then why don't hunters use 22s?

9, 748
Because 9,749 is too much
And 9,747 is not enough

because it isn't sufficient for medium to large game, 22 works well for things like rabbits but try and take a whitetail and you'll have an extremely hard time

I mean that depends, what are you doing in the SHTF? Getting the heck out of dodge? As much as I have time to put in my truck. Normal every day business? Maybe one extra mag. Putting on all my LARP gear to go bust down doors and "rescue" teenage thots with my boys? 6 mags.

Long-term? 30-06 hands down. You're camping and hunting and avoiding firefights whenever possible.

If you do have to fight, remember: this isn't a video game, and it's not a war. If you get hit, even not fatally, you out of the fight. You're probably alone, so you've not LOST that fight. If you somehow manage to survive the immediate aftermath you now have to patch yourself up and get yourself home. Alone. So if you HAVE to fight, take the time to make that fight as one-sided as you can.

Not him.
But I have thought long about this.
I conclude. One pistol mounted to hip. Not concealed! A knife, an AR pistol, and one hunting rifle. The rifle is for deer and such. For your food. The AR or AK is for personal defense.
Thats still alot of ammo. You have three different calibers. Obviously the AR getting the most. The pistol being the least. Perhaps a bow would be better, then a rifle?

What?

Attached: F1CEA36E-447D-4F9E-9F29-B70CCE260046.jpg (640x480, 89K)

Everything you said is right. I am wondering if a bow would be better for shtf hunting. Because a 3006 is going to be loud. And draw attention to your surroundings. A bow will not
Also. What about a fishing pole?

They do, retard.

Attached: eeee.jpg (600x615, 404K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VW2C3exp0R4

>You're probably alone
Why is this always the default assumption when talking about shtf on this board? I know this is Jow Forums but does no one here have friends they could count on?

i never said it wasn't possible, it's just the wrong weapon choice for the job when it comes to medium - large game. its like choosing 22lr for self defense, sure it can work but why cripple yourself if you don't have to

In shtf you all medium to large game will be dead in under 3 months, why even bother with something more powerful than a .223? And even will be too much.
.22 Hornet seems reasonable.

I think it's pretty obvious 9 out of 10 posters here are one real life I away from being a lone gunman in a mall or their former(?) high school.

Of course they will be alone in the apocalypse, who is Stacy going to follow. Chad with a baseball bat or these faggots?

Realistically, nobody's going to be caring about the game wardens or proper hunting post-collapse. What you want to do is get yourself some nice steel traps. .223 is great for everything once it's leg is trapped and you're shooting it directly in the head at close range.

I can tell you 100% that hunters will be controlling the live stock. On their property's. City people will starve to death in less then a year. Country folk. Those that live further up north, will survive for decades.
Mexico will invade from the south. Coastal states will be open to invasion by Russians or Chinese.
Ironically, Canada and upper north will be best bet for survival.

Frankly if you aren't currently building up a war tribe that will be ready to rock and roll when the time comes you're a fucking idiot. Get all your thots preggers and learning canning and vegetable gardening too.

Go to the gym faggot. If you're a foreveralone sperg fix your shit and stop being one. Join the military and get your knees wrecked for ZOG if you have to.

>only correct answer
It depends on the situation and weapon in question. Anywhere 15-500 could make sense.

Fucking hell where you do people get these retarded ideas? Mexico is not even a real country, their entire economy is dependent on the US. We go down, they go down. Russia is a poor shithole that can barely hold ground against fucking Ukraine. China has nowhere near the resources to launch an invasion over the pacific, though they will be a threat to most of their local neighbors.

>ayyyylmao invasion
Are you old enough to own a firearm?
If you live in a major city, yeah I could see potentially leaving, but really only to get to an established base of operations somewhere rural. This would probably be parents or cousins, something like that.
There is nothing for you in the woods, and if nothing else, you will most likely be seen as an invader to whoever lives near the innawoods location you decide to go to. Carrying provisions unsheltered, in unfamiliar territory with unknown persons nearby is a recipe for disaster, and only makes you a target.
The only potential for survival in unfamiliar territory would be so far away from civilization, that more than likely either you will already need to be based somewhere rural, or you would need a vehicle to get there without being picked off in transit and on foot.

You're wrong. When America is at its weakest point. Our country will be sacked for its resources. That and to prevent America from regaining power.
You think China won't send a million troops to take over a state and create a permanent base?
I recall the US invading a shitty irrelevant country in the middle east, called iraq.
For its oil.

we wouldn't be able to defend shit in a SHTF scenario, of course another superpower would attempt to invade while we scramble.

And yes, the people in the north will outlive everyone else. Thank god they are mostly white

brainlet

If you can use it well, a bow would not be a bad idea. Personally I would stick to a rifle, but you don't have to.

If you expect to be alone, competent friends will be a pleasant surprise. If you plan to be in a group, ending up alone can be a death sentence. Besides, what you're really lacking in a fight is the entire squad with you, the machinegun section posted up to your right, and the mortars set up to barrage your target. Another couple buddies helps in a fight, but not enough to stop thinking about surviving first and winning second.

And middle eastern guerillas have been able to cause fuck loads of problems for our soldiers. Imagine more people, more guns and more training.

AR, hands down. Given that a loaded AR mag weighs about a pound, 4-6 mags plus one in the gun wouldn't be a huge burden at all. There won't BE any animals to hunt about a week (less.) after most people havent eaten in a few days and go into the woods. You're going to be dealing with people most likely if you're shooting at all.

A lot more important than what gun and how much ammo you have is how many people you can draw on and what resources you have available. People who were alone back in the day tended to die. People who are alone tomorrow will tend to die. People who hunt alone in SHTF will be preyed on by people who aren't. If a group of starving assholes with shitty PSAs hears a shot and finds your lone ass dragging/processing a deer or something, I hope you have amazing verbal skills.

>In shtf you all medium to large game will be dead in under 3 months
Inaccurate.
Why are 22 fanboys so irrationally obnoxious?

All of them.

>He thinks hunting restrictions are there for fun
We were cleansing animals from entire regions when the population was a fraction of what it is today. If the supermarket supply stops, there will either be practically no humans or practically no animals left worth eating really goddamn fast. My money is not on the animals here.

That varies from each scenario. Most of mine is like a AR with a couple mags, a handgun with a few too.

The thing about rodent hunting is you don't even need a gun. You can reliably trap them while spending your time doing other things that are pertinent to your survival.
If you bring a gun, you might as well bring something chambered in 30-06, .308, or .223. If your entire argument for the gun is that it can hunt rodents, then you're obviously a suburbanite brainlet larping as a fudd.

They do, brainlet.

Cause a lot of faggots put in a lot of laws that make hunting any thing other than rabbits, pidgeon, etc illegal with a .22
To add to this, number one poaching gun used is a 10 22 a lot of them are able to kill full grown 150 pound plus deer with a single hit from a .22 there has also been like 5 accounts of brown and black bear being killed with .22 or as well.

>If the supermarket supply stops...
I will be here in the wilderness, gunning down every single beta faggot raised on cancer, vidya, and tv. And I'll jerk off watching cougars rip you to shreds.
>implying people raised on packaged food and microwaves are going to be out doing anything other than starving to death in the cities and fighting each other
God is just. You will die. And no, I won't be packing a 22 you insufferably retarded piece of trash.

On your person? About 210 if you're using 30 round mags. 300 for belts. 51 is fine for a side arm, maybe less even.

Obvious Stripper tier w/ bad boob job and tramp stamps, but I'd do her

>lookoutwegotabadasshere.jpg
>Implying idiotic implications
Welp, at least you'll leave a lot of nice shit behind for someone else, Simo.

Attached: 445c51c51552c727b46ad4f59ad2656d.jpg (604x483, 50K)

You would last about 2 days. If your entire plan is to shoot every random person walking through the woods.
Youre not Rambo. And you will encounter a large group of pissed off, well armed, former military people. Wanting to take you out for shooting innocent people.
Your last moment will hanging from a noose tied to a tree.

Tbh most of my trustworthy friends would rely on me instead. Its not that im some hispeed operator but simply because most of them have absolutely zero idea regarding survival or combat. Because of that, they would become more of a liability

If youre using traps to immobilize your target for execution, 22 will suffice tho

No offense. But the key to survival in the woods is being as silent as possible.
I doubt many people can truly live that way, for long.

Hot.

Also I would say as long as it is NATO rounds, not too many. Enough for maybe one firefight if you are mobile.

You should understand your capabilities and only become decisively engaged if you can win the fight. Then grab their ammo. However you should also be able to break contact and not go black on ammo doing so. Just feel it out user, I trust you.

>implying that the avg American suburbanite is even half as capable as a mongoos
>B-but muh hunting restrictions are an argument!
When shtf, you will be a competitor for resources. And you are also hated by the majority of the country with resources and an environment worth protecting. You will be gleefully slaughtered to the point that killing urbanites will actually become an enjoyable sport, where lads compare numbers over some moonshine, or even go "urban hunting" if they're feeling especially risky.

But for the most part, you are:
1. Not even going to make it out of the metropolitan areas. You'll die in the traffic bottleneck of people fleeing.
2. For this reason, some of you will wait it out in the city for a bit. And your chances of starvation and being murdered will continue to climb.
3. If you do escape, you'll have to make it through people that are managing more finite resources, prepared for you, and ready to kill you on sight.
4. If you make it through them, then you'll either get shot by a hunter, mistake a berry, get dysentery, die from undercooked meat, or generally be unable to feed yourself and you'll head towards people.

>muh former military
>unironically believes that former military are all SF
Even sf aren't that great at tracking people or animals without technology and equipment. And they are pussies when it comes to guerrillas in fair terrain, let alone trudging through mountain blizzards trying to find one person--among thousands--who is shooting "innocent" people.

You're not fucking innocent and killing a urbanite isn't even murder. They are literally just rats. If you kill one, there's about 50 more where that creature came from.
The military isn't gonna side with you anyway. At best they'll be worrying about their own. Nobody gives a shit about a whiny little bitch that goes out in the woods because they're hungry. Should have thought about that before you destroyed your own environment, literal subhumans.

Pretty much this.
>I'll just shoot all my neighbors who are trying to survive and have a similar upbringing and skill set to me, but i'm better because reasons.
>I'll just shoot all those "City folk" who totally have no clue how to survive outside of the city limits and have surely never lived anywhere else, who will obviously keep wearing their orange vests for me
>People with military/LE experience with organization and get fed up with the shit of "That one guy over there"? What do you mean?
>Whats "sleep?" I don't have to do that, and in my secret mountain base where no one can locate (Yet everyone knows this area is where people die) I could totally sleep safely if I wanted to. No, I don't snore.
>I have unlimited ammo!

I hope they gently pull the stool out rather than kicking it.

STOP with the sentence fragments ffs

My argument was that in shtf I would want to be as stealthy as possible and dont want to wield a loud and big .30-06 at all and certainly I dont want to shoot that on rabbits.

Ideally an AR of at least 3 calibers, you can leave 2 at home but it's good to have flexibility because everyone will be using 5.56, they'll be like gold pieces.

Yep. You're well served learning how to farm, not even kidding - rats or guinea pigs like the jungle bunnies do during war time. They're docile and self sufficient. Try to find guinea pigs, they're much preferable to rat stew.

you sound like a fat bitch. I cant wait to hang country fags when shtf

>Rural population
>60 million people
>Depopulation of game occuring at points where the TOTAL population was less than this.

Have fun you retard. Even if your absolutely brainless points were true and you didn't have to worry about a Single Fucking Person from "dem cities" your peer group (Which for some reason you think anyone disagreeing with you is not part of. Very liberal of you.) exists in quantity sufficient to get tired of your shit and feed you to the hogs. The world will be better off when it happens.

I'd tell you that you probably need to start making friends but I doubt it'll do any good.

This plz

Tiny coyotes. Git gud

This is actually not a bad idea, as long as you can keep it unnoticed or defended. Same thing with potatos and other things.

4 mags of 5.56. 120 rounds. 3 mags on belt, 1 in folded gin alongside my pack. If I need more than that I’ve really fucked up and a rifle ain’t gonnna help me. 556 take take anything from prairie dog to coyote to pig to white tale. Mule deer if I do my part. I’m too far south for elk or anything bigger.

If I’m moving fast on foot, any compromise outside of 100 yards is probably an evasion scenario, not a fight scenario. People, even most former military, are fantastically poor shots.

moar for fucks sake

Why wait, faggot?

>H-he must be alienated like we urbanites
>projecting this hard
I'm not even the radical one. I know boys that will be frothing at the mouth to hang your rat corpses from trees--if it didn't defile the trees, that is. That's before you even find the more rural folks.

Ain't nobody gonna feed me to hogs for sniping non-humans like you. Might be sought out to congratulate though. Don't opine about things you have demonstratively zero knowledge in. Your best bet will be finding a city dumpster to throw yourself in.

who she ?

15edgy60me

You only need a room full of guinea pig cages, and they eat tons of seeds acorns pecans, fruit humans don't eat etc, shit you can sweep up while youre out and about. The main idea is to keep it very clean and handle them with tools. You will need a hen or two to eat fleas and ticks though.

Those arent coyotes you incredible stupid moron.

A silicone filled attention whore. They're a dime a dozen.

Depends on the SHTF.
>breakdown, no police no order - 4 30 round mags 1 in the rifle; get yourself out of the fight and safe
>SHTF, people actively fighting against you, ambush is 3 mags 1 in the rifle; patrol is 6 mags and a backpack incase of engagement
>zombie shit, hell no; fucking either work on building a tree house or shoot yourself before you start worrying about how many people you think are in your area

Also this. The people asking for source are fucking retarded.
Do you know how many times I've been flashed working at paintball fields by mentally retarded makeup-coated jokes of human beings. They're scum unless you've never seen a pair of tits before.

Id give up my rpk just to lick her asshole

Hunting urbanites is going to be a very fun sport, and people are really gonna bond over it. Many wholesome times will be had sniping you rats for escaping the now-quarantined hells you created and consider home.
It's not edgy, it's really quite beautiful. Fathers may even be teaching sons to shoot this way.
>Hey daddy!
>Yes son?
>I killed my first ratoid today!
>Oh well done! You're really growing up! So proud of you. Let's go see it!