Primers and how not to blow your self up

Morning Jow Forums, I had a strange desire to blow myself up today and got to thinking about how to make primers.

Few hours of research later I learned the following:
>you can make unreliable primers from match heads.
>you can try replicate reliable modern primers and will probably blow your self up.
They are the cheapest part of a cartridge but the hardest to make yourself, is this a ((conspiracy)) by ((them)),most unhelpful fags on the internet just suggest stockpiles. This is boring.
So Jow Forums would be possible to make your own safe and reliable primers even if they cost significantly more than mass produced ones. Any chemist fags out there with ideas. Any non chemist fags willing to film themselves trying?

Attached: 4D65DAC6-0BEF-4B48-807E-10D02DD2AC21.jpg (600x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homemadeguns.wordpress.com
aardvarkreloading.com/resources/homemadeprimercourse.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In SHTF even if you reload the supply of metal and chemicals will dry up quick. Tacticool ARs will become useless in a few years and archers and black powder bros will rule the world.

Bump for advice for a eurofag

True, this is what is so annoying,
Smokeless powder is fairly easy,
Bullets can be cast or turned
Casings can be pressed.

But primers are damn hard.

>But primers are damn hard.
You can reload it with basic chemicals. I have more than enough for 50K primer. Should try it this year

armstrong mix, 3 parts ground matchheads 1 part matchboxstrikefield powder. mix by size not weight, doesnt have to be 100% exact. here im testing a homemade primer in home made ammo in my home made pepperbox.

Attached: my_hobo_revolver.webm (480x856, 1.64M)

Nice

Try to use pure KClO3 next time and mix it with 3% binder like NC

>Morning Jow Forums, I had a strange desire to blow myself up today and
Stopped reading there, muslim

>he doesn't want to blow himself up
you don't follow the Jow Forumsube, heretic
leave this place

no easy Access to such chemicals in western europe my fren.

You need less than 5g, just buy acetone and extract from mtaches. NC powder just by extration from smokeless indoor cake firework :3

ok i searched for smokeless indoor fireworks and im surprised you can actually buy that stuff easily. you know from experience, all These online tutorials for black powder and the like contain ingredients which arent easily avialable for purchase in the EU. I invested quite some time into this whole matter and what i found out is

Propellant can be made of:
-grinded matchheads in a 1:1 ratio to reloading Manuals
-grinded (real not plastic) Pingpong balls made of Cellulose, but theyre becoming difficult to buy and I think youve to mix that with some better inflamable stuff

Primers can be made of said armstrong mix (matchheads and strikefield from the box they come with)

you dont Need those strike anywhere matches, ist even more dangerous if you use those as propellant since they tend to go off without care. safety matches are better suted. Stuff like stump remover or cool packs with CNO in them cant be bought here. Netherteless, gun control is a stupid joke. Everyone should have atleast one gun IMO. also other info, about 40 matchheads are enough for a .308 Special round, 7-11 matchheads + strikefield powder is enough for one primer. its almost like one matchbox equals one cartridge.

If you're intent on making something that's readily available, cheap, and has a long shelf life because stockpiling it would be boring, you're not prepping, you're larping. Nothing wrong with historical reenactment and experimental archaeology. Just don't kid yourself about what you're doing.

Im chemist and like your instant research ! Nice dude.
Try this cheap shit, mix 1(one) with 100mL Acetone, filter and evaporate down. Just mix a few % (up to 7 is fine) inside your Mix with Acetone and you have a safe way to handle it while wet/muddy.
Better remove the ugly sulfur from matches, its like castrating your mix

Attached: nico.jpg (900x600, 52K)

well its good to know different methods, but i wont actually do that, unless they ban matchheads. also, im not keeping a hot firearm 24/7 with me, i was simply interested in gunssmithing, finished the Project. wondered if you can build something like that, to disprove all the gungrabbers etc. gun control is a stupid myth, just recently they shot a women in her car while she was waiting for her son. every criminal can easyily get a gun in eastern europe, that leaves law abiding citizens like myself empty handed. every man should know how to make a firearm if his rights are removed and he finds himself sourrounded by evil Forces which themselve arent bound by law, how else can you protect yourself and your loved ones. in times of peace, prepare for war, in times of war, prepare for peace. even Jesus himself said, rather be naked and sell your cloak to buy a sword.

>wondered if you can build something like that
I would make a shotgun with electric ignition.
So im staying away from mechanical/chemical ignition and can build it shorter. Making a gun isnt hard but most guys have no tools, pipes and chemicals to build a simple gun.
Good luck friendo

>how else can you protect yourself and your loved ones.
Sorry, overread it. Im going with fragmenting HEs as my first defence without a gun.If you get a level to make HEs its just playing with it like LEGO.

Personally I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Im just a hobbyist, you dont need alot of money or crafting skill desu. Infact im living of welfare and had to teach stickwelding myself (the only difficult part is making nice looking welds). the tools required for the pepperbox i build were a 60 bucks stickwelder, some iron files, a hacksaw and a drill. All inall its below 150 bucks in total cost, material and tools. you can get plumbing pipes at every hardwarestore or on junkyards and "chemicals" are just matchboxes, they give you a primer and propellant. Everyone can make guns, look at brazil, isis, even china. see homemadeguns.wordpress.com

aardvarkreloading.com/resources/homemadeprimercourse.pdf

Attached: moist oyster mustache.jpg (255x250, 25K)

Oh look, another teenager with "cognitive challenges" who hasn't even tried to do his own research. You certainly sound like someone who should be messing around with temperamental explosives.

Mercury fulminate is the old compound. Watch some of Cody’s lab episodes on manufacturing mercury the process is realitivly simple by dangerous.

Attached: A23551C2-7B38-4790-AA69-F062F166D024.jpg (662x1024, 116K)

mercfulm is stupid. gas is toxic as shit and is too sensitive to fuck around with. Plus it deteriorates/oxidizes like a mad cunt.

If you want to get down to brass tax stop fucking around and just use what the industry uses: lead styphnate.

Don't like chemistry? Stop being dumb then.
Don't like manufacturing? Maybe you're just useless at everything?

Quit dicking around and just use what dozens of reactive materials companies have already settled and spend hundreds of millions researching and just use the industry standard god damn.

It's not even that fucking hard to make for fuck's sakes.

Match heads... fucking laughing my ass off.

It's obviously never going to be ideal, but if you NEED to reload some primers with match heads, it's a good skill to have.

>archers
Compound bows at least will be useless right around the time ARs are. You can't reproduce all the fancy composites in the string and arrow shafts easily.

Blackpowder would rule the day.

Well its a good thing that the first compound bows were made of WOOD

Oh goddamn it, we have this thread every week. Fucking retards swear up and down that primers are hard to make and smokeless powder is easy.

To the glow in the darks reading this, fuck you, sharing information is not a crime and this is for scientific and educational purposes. I am not encouraging anybody too do this, but it is interesting to know.

You can make a shock sensitive primary explosive called armstrong's mixture using red phosphorus and potassium perchlorate or potassium chlorate. That means match heads and the match striker. Finely ground up matchheads mixed with the scraped off match strike pads can be mixed together to make the primer compound. It is recommended that you moisten the compound when working it because its highly explosive and very sensitive. Several chlorate and perchlorate based primary explosives can be made using very simple ingredients if you want to research it further. Some of these are however not shelf stable and extremely dangerous to work with.

Another solution would be triacetone triperoxide, a highly sensitive primary explosive made using acetone and peroxide. Mix 30ml of acetone with 50ml of peroxide and place the mixture into an ice bath to cool to 5 degrees Celsius. Slowly drip 2.5ml of sulfuric acid into the cooled mixture, making sure the mixture remains below 10 degrees C, do this until all the sulfuric acid is mixed in and keep the mixture stirred and cooled. After stirring for 5 to 10 minutes, keep this mixture cooled below 10C for 24 hours. A white crystal structure should precipitate out of the mix after 24 hours that should be removed and washed in chilled pure water several times. These crystals should be left to dry and not stored for more than a few days. Please research this further because I explained it briefly and this stuff is very unstable and once again i dont condone anybody trying to make it.

THIS MIGHT ALL BE ILLEGAL WHERE YOU LIVE SO THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES.

The NRA has a book that tells exactly how to make primers. It even details the dies needed to make the cup and anvil. Why not just download that?

It was in the ar/k/ update 1 I think.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f258c3076fcb71ac0e3fa499dd88946de1627373

This is exactly why I invested in a lever action 45-70. Semi-autos are for LARPers who think they're going to be in Fallout 3.

What the fuck
45-70 govt needs a primer too, you regard fudd

it can be smokeless or black powder. the brass is very durable esp at lighter charges. bullet velocity is such that cast lead can be used. and primers can be manufactured or very, very easily stockpiled.

I already have cast bullets to use in an AR, copper plating or swaging equipment isn't that much more difficult to come by either than casting equipment and lead.

But if you have the resources to make enough of your own black powder, it's not too much of a leap to make collodion (you already have the nitrate source, you just need sulfuric acid, cotton and acetone).

Attached: powder_coated_blk.jpg (350x260, 51K)

Lmfao thinks people will blow through 10s of thousands of rounds in a few years,what fucking fantasy do you live in where you think it’s going to be a nonstop gunfight mag dumping bloodbath day one of shtf

Just learn how to make phosphorus from urine. Do it right or you'll get phossy jaw.

>collodion
Its easy to make medium high nitrated NC, but Collodion is tricky user. Having the same quality of gun cotton is a hard task for a SHTF chemist and needs huge amouts of chemicals for low gain. And than using this guncotton to make Collodion? I wouldnt do this, even if Im a real chemist and have all the lab gear.
Better use Nitrates for explosives (Ammonal and ETN/PETN) and get Chlorates for better gunpowder with more force behind it

Take the NC and slurry into minimal solvent until it is effectively a plastic, then extrude it into pellets. The pellets are coated with graphite. It won't be as high consistency as commercial powders, but you can allow yourself the luxury of getting burn rate data from every single batch.

This is literally how historical smokeless powders were produced over a century ago.

>MATCHEADS

What makes anyone think they're going to somehow have longer lasting matches than bullets in a long term SHTF?

Do these people expect to do more shooting than cooking or lighting?

This. Matches are single use commodities, but chemistry skills will last as long as you live.

when this works its fine. But the nitration of cotton is still a problem
>1 time fully nitration to 100%
>test for overpressure
>next time normal with result in 70-90% nitration
Since NH4NO3 / H2SO4 and cotton are possible harder to find I would buy primers and GP since its less restricted when non-SHTF.
>chemistry skills will last as long as you live
Im used to chemical synthesis and i would say its useless without chemicals and a small workplace and a mechanical bro