Why don't you see mortars on technicals more often?

Why don't you see mortars on technicals more often?

Attached: C8OK9mdUIAEG1jY.jpg (1200x618, 93K)

Seems like it would be better suited to just set it up on the ground instead of mounting it to the bed of a pickup truck.

truck companies refuse to make 2 door manual trucks in 2019

Good thing terrorists dont know how to drive automatic then.

>falling for the new vehicle jew

Lack of silent mortar systems?

Attached: TisinaMina.jpg (800x559, 267K)

People don't buy them.

I'll bet you drive a car that someone else already owned and drove. Fucking ate in it and spilled soda and sharted themselves on the seat.

Fucking get a load of this poor cuck.

wars in those places aren't fast moving, it's not like they need that much mobility for something like a mortar

Recoil, you nigger. Think about how mortars work. Anything over 60mm will brutalize the truck. It's also easy (and more accurate) to throw an 81/82mm in the bed and set it up next to the truck.

This
Mortars are falling out of favor because counter-battery will fucc them in a matter of seconds

>not buying exclusively from the biohazard section on copart for that sweet sweet suicide discount
ishiggydiggydo where are you

Attached: smug konata 1.png (550x532, 253K)

>Mortars are falling out of favor

[citation needed]

3rd world militias don't have counter-battery, and mortars are very much still in favor in places where technicals are used

You don't need a truck to move a mortar. Why waste a truck on a lightweight weapon that is already easy to deploy without one? Save the trucks for the heavy shit that is difficult to move manually and isn't so fast/easy to set up.

True
I should have specified *insurgency against 1st world forces

Attached: ADD77E47-8F40-4956-929C-A0452A939254.gif (307x185, 11K)

"Trying to justify the fuck up of having bought new and payed wayyy too much money he doesn't actually have"

Attached: 1553563146321.gif (500x459, 1.89M)

It's not as if they're out of favor in near-peer either. Soft-recoiling 120mm mortars on tracks, 4x4s, and 8x8s are popular for cost-effective shoot and scoot.

Attached: rosomak mortar.jpg (800x600, 62K)

I figured it was less about sparing the effort of moving it manually and more about having the ability to scoot the fuck out when/if counter battery fire starts coming in, and being able to redeploy and reacquire quickly.

Attached: Russ.jpg (1024x575, 84K)

"locals that decided to fight for separation", which are supplied with top russian gear, don't count

Imagine buying a new car and lowering your net worth

You can already scoot with a mortar really fast without a truck. That's the whole point of mortars: they're man-portable.

how do you counter-battery something that can shoot and move away pretty fast?

Gosh user you’re right. I’m suuuuch a cuck for buying my dads 1995 k1500 with 160k miles. I wish I could afford $600 a month for 6 years of financing like you. What will the banks ever do without my interest payments :(

Attached: 8F0F7A6F-DFAF-48AA-8C47-2BF0962B172A.jpg (1242x920, 1.48M)

>what are fleet sales
They absolutely make 2dr manuals, they just don’t sell them at dealerships

Every time you fire the suspension settles, if would be impossible to get more than 1 or 2 shot of at any accuracy. And you have to wait 3 minutes for the car to stop wobling.

By having automatic arty or mortar guided by radar. The stuff can literally fire before the shells hit the ground.

Speed of Boot is not "really fast". 60mph is really fast. Wake me when an 11cokehead can do that in full battlerattle.

>is that a thing?
>look it up
>all of these totaled vehicles that had brains smashed in them
thats metal. part of me wants a haunted car now.

Literally the massive advantage of using mortars over field arty.
>conduct firemission quickly
>gtfo as fast as you arrived
In a war where counter battery is heavily featured, mortars would be the idf weapon of choice. Not the thing that becomes obsolete.

Attached: EE678ACF-5531-40CD-9F57-D481827F3449.jpg (998x1024, 77K)

You don’t, they are impossible to clean 100%. You’ll always have that rotting flesh and brain matter smell, and if you sit in the car for a while then it seeps into your clothes and hair.

Alright my first idea is that we just have it hanging out of the rear of the truck and just send the shock through the ground

Attached: 8195_181007125432.jpg (616x347, 42K)

But then I thought. Why not just make it towed?

Attached: m326-120-mm-mortar-stowage-kit-2.jpg (529x351, 55K)

But then I thought again. Mobility is key and seconds count. You also want to protect the crew so the solution is to use tracks at the rear instead of wheels and give the vehicle some armor.

Attached: 1151020-15655-49-720.jpg (720x463, 81K)

I'd imagine part of the reason is because a machine gun is far easier for untrained or poorly trained militiamen to operate than a mortar.

Spanish system eimos from expal, either 60mm or 81mm. Israel makes another one in 81mm, too

Attached: expal-eimos.jpg (576x383, 56K)

And this is another spanish system, alakran, for 81mm or 120mm. The automatic system deploy the mortar and point it, but it still needs human loaders. I think that an ucranian company is building it under license

Attached: 101646-thumb.jpg (752x423, 119K)

Because they are out of the line of sight.

The israeli system

Attached: 1l-Image-65.jpg (800x599, 66K)

Sounds like a feature. I will buy one just to hang my clothes in.

The spilt second counterbattery detects your shout, it knows where you are.
If they have air assets in the vicinity to action on you, it doesn’t matter how fast you drive.
You can’t outrun a hellfire.

>air units

Nobody has time to waste air units on individual mortar teams in near-peer. They're not going to be used against anything smaller than a full armor company, and that's stretching it.

Let's for a second assume the enemy has cas the same way our guys in Afghanistan had cas. I can move quite a bit in the 2 hours it takes for the jet to get there.

Oh I guess that's why insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan have been mortaring US FOB's for close to two decades

tfw no 55 gallon oil drum mortar silencer

>what is a tranny swap

mtf or ftm, usually. why?

If helicopters are in the air you can be damn sure they will respond to a base being shelled.

Back in my day, blowing a tranny meant you were having car trouble.

why not have like 4 mortars in the back of one truck? massive rate of fire

Attached: 1554579962789.jpg (1000x1250, 181K)

Have you ever watched Apache footage on YouTube? One video shows one shooting a hellfire at one guy and some goats

ha-HA!

Link plz I would like to see literal kebab being removed.

>near peer
>COIN

Pick one. In near-peer, aircraft are scarce assets in high demand. They're being squabbled over by, and used against, echelons far higher than grunt teams.

that's why we can change position in the matter of seconds nowadays

Attached: 88fc2a08f9ebe3535fecf9d0634b847c.jpg (1200x800, 125K)

Because you can pick it up and run away with it you glorious faggot; why waste a truck?

Because the truck would go 20 times faster than your landcrawling ass even if you were capable of running.

>250-300 pound 120mm mortar
>just pick it up and run away with it

Attached: 0707F1CE-77CB-409A-A854-9B15AEBB65B4.png (598x628, 383K)

we're talking about 81mm mortars you dumbass

Says who? The thread specifies mortars in a truck.

I was going to say this, but obviously 3 people have shit reading comprehension. I replied to OP. That specific mortar can be disassembled and carried without too much pain. It's stupid to mount that on a truck it'll just cause more problems than it solves.

i wonder if it posible to put a suppresor on a mortar?

You're going to have to take it off the truck to use it, if the truck wasn't made to receive it, or the mortar wasn't made to receive the truck if you want to fucking hit anything, rendering mounting useless - you're better off throwing it in an inconspicuous minivan or riding away on a bike.

Attached: switchblade.jpg (800x1195, 210K)

>he's never of designed and built a vehicle from scrap and raw material

Attached: 1537844034666.jpg (445x399, 40K)