Replaces your rifle

>replaces your rifle
youtube.com/watch?v=6hsOrULshco

Attached: knights-armament-light-assault-machine-gun-670x447[1].jpg (670x447, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSAT_light_machine_gun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seriously, imagine an entire infantry squad outfitted with these bad boys. This could be the overmatch US infantry needs to have over near peer adversaries.
The Navy has 11 carriers, the AF has stealth jets, even the Armored branch has the M1 Abrams but regular grunts are pretty much the same as everywhere else. The KAC LMG could change that in a second.

Attached: Knights-Armament-LWAMG-675x450[1].jpg (675x450, 41K)

Eugene's been dead for twenty years and he's still pioneering infantry weapons, what an absolute god.

Attached: LWAMG_inside[1].jpg (2000x630, 190K)

I heard these guns have a similar system to the ultimax, which is why they have little recoil right? They also seem seem to be lighter and more reliable than the m249, which is great.

>LMG replacing rifles
You can tell you haven't carried saw boxes before.

too bad he didn't shoot the 5.56 with one hand like Jim Sullivan in that one Stoner63 video

A 50 round nutsack on the gun and a 150rnd nutsack on each side plate. Done. You can leave the front slick.

Use hybrid metal cartridge cases to reduce ammo weight about 30%, and plastic links to cut link weight 75%.

These guns are lighter than most DMRs. You could carry 2 for the weight of a SAW.

kek

T. gun autist with a Ian addiction
the reason is basically that, how they both do it is that they prevent the bolt from slapping the back of the reciever, making the recoil basically just a light consistent push instead of being a seizure with your shoulder. it also (guessing here) prevents as much wear from someone just deciding infinite wisdom to increase the powder levels beyond recommended levels to (and I quote) "MAKE THIS THANG MAKE BODIES EXPLODE FROM HYDROSHOCK" (see handloader's stereotype guide, Mr/Mrs Redneck loads)

Replaces my ultimax 2000?

>wearing white sox
Yeah Ian is a total faggot it's been confirmed

I like the high pitch pew pew noise it makes.

>faggots watched the ian video and now love some rando shit when textron has had this for 7 years now
I just want textron to win the ngsar stuff ;_;

that's the range, if you look up his pristine M60 vid, it does the same thing

Trips and the Hughs Amendment gets repealed

this is what they're going to mount to the robots to eradicate the excess humans

we're so screwed

The military will not adopt this and the open bolt excludes it from civilian sales because open bolts are verboten under the NFA

Upgraded Stoner63

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!!

why wouldn't the US adopt this?

>belt fed MG without the sustained firepower of a belt fed MG
>heavier than an M4A1

because it doesn't replace any gun using in Army formations

It's too different from the current infantry rifleman's manual of arms.

It could replace the 249 and M4
it's almost the exact same manual of arms as the 249 and 240

It can't do what an M249 does and its much heavier and less accurate than an M4A1 is.

>it's almost the exact same manual of arms as the 249 and 240
>it's almost the exact same
>almost
The army is very picky about this kind of shit

>He thinks this is enough ammo for a TIC

too expensive to warrant it. if you remember the M60 to M249 change, the reason why it did change was because the guns wore down and they couldn't get away with using it anymore due to the fact the receiver became part of the "replaceable parts" list, thanks to a problem they made when they fucked up the design.

Isn't the standard for the M4 like 5moa or something horrible?

What can't it do that the 249 can? The SAW is already notoriously unreliable.
>different top cover procedures
that's literally it
the Army is already funding a program top replace machine guns. Look up the LSAT, that shows they have interest in it. Also the M60 was technically replaced by both the 249 and 240.

The standard is 4 MOA, but Knights LMG is an open bolt design which means its accuracy is going to be closer to the M249's 12 MOA.

oh, and standard accuracy for a M4 is 3-4, I'm sure it can manage that easily.

>What can't it do that the 249 can?

Sustained fire.

>the Army is already funding a program top replace machine guns

NGSW, which is mag fed and chambered in a 6.8mm magnum cartridge

no fucking way the 249 is 12 MOA. Open bolt doesn't make a gun MECHANICALLY less accurate, it just increases the lock time.
What is your definition of sustained fire? A fireteam-level machine gun will never need the sustained fire capabilities of a true crew served weapon like a 240.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSAT_light_machine_gun

>no fucking way the 249 is 12 MOA

It is with general ball ammo.

>A fireteam-level machine gun will never need the sustained fire capabilities of a true crew served weapon like a 240

Knights LMG doesn't provide an improved sustained fire capability over the M4A1.

it's belt fed. That alone provides it with 5x the sustained fire capacity. Not to mention the better cooling from the open bolt design or the reduced recoil.

I've shot the 249 out to 800m. No way it's a 12 moa gun, how the fuck would you even zero a gun that shot so badly.

>no fucking way the 249 is 12 MOA.
Ones Ive handled are more like 8, but it varies. Guns were old but the barrel assemblys were new.

did you even watch the video you posted. The gun is becoming untenably hot just from Ians limited fire. Ive magdumped M4s smoking less.
>A fireteam-level machine gun will never need the sustained fire capabilities of a true crew served weapon like a 240.
Not to the degree of a m240, but its needs more than a pencil barrel. Mk48s get their barrels stripped faster than anything else fielded in an infantry level, and they're a lot heavier than this.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSAT_light_machine_gun
Right, a gun with both a heavier barrel and an action designed specifically to take heat off the barrel. Because being able to sustain fire is something you need to maintain your position.

The smoking was from excess lube burning off, it shouldn't be taken as a sign of the gun's capabilities. Put CLP on a 240 barrel and shoot it and you'll see the same thing.

It's not a pencil barrel, it looks to be similar to the MK46s barrel in size.

I linked the LSAT to show that the US Army is interested in replacing the SAW. Also the KAC LMG has an action designed to take heat off the barrel, it's open bolt. Of course the gun designed partly by the army would have a heavy barrel, every GO cringes to think the gun HE approved could fail even if it was taken waaaaay past it's reasonable limits.

>the virgin 50-150 round nutsacks
>the Chad 200 round plastic OD green box
Do you even realize how much of a faggot you are being right now user?

Attached: blyat_commrade.jpg (1024x663, 370K)

more ammo than a M4 user would carry.

No its not. 7 mags is pretty standard, some people choose to carry as many 11.

600 rounds for the SAW gunner, spare 100 round belts per riflemam within the squad, giving you 800-1000 rounds total to be shared between the two SAW gunners. Any squad or platoon that forced their SAW gunner to carry more than 600 are a group of faggots that rely too much on IDF to get the job done for them and deserve an IED.

I bet you handed off the duties of the SAW to the boot's instead of your most experienced guy's because lol fuck the extra weight.

Attached: fuck off.png (842x815, 52K)

>spiritual successor to the Stoner 63

Attached: Do Want (2).jpg (600x450, 153K)

The 249 sucks donkey dick.
I'd adopt the 5.56 KAC LMG to replace the SAW, but keep the 240

Considering I was a m249 SAW gunner, turret gunner, I'll take the m4 I bought as a civilian.

You carry that bulky jam factory.

How old was your SAW? The problem is usually not with the weapon but with how old it is. The military is notorious for bad upkeep and refurbishment.

They have two SAWs per squad....? Jesus H. Christ.

You people and your primitive belt feds, why have heavy boxes containing hard to load belts when you can have magazines that can be interchangeable with the rest of your squad’s weapons.
Why do you think the Russians got rid of the rpd, it was just complicated the process especially when they could just make a longer and beefier AK that could do the same for less weight, why do you think the Marines adopted the IAR, the same reason the Soviets went over to the RPK, it’s just a lot easier to go belt fed and it solves a lot of problems.

Attached: 116DE868-6453-4CB5-820C-4CE50E53F91D.jpg (1280x720, 347K)

It was around 2009. Just had a shitty SAW, some were great, but not mine

Only 2 Saws? Marine squads typically have 3, 1 per fireteam.

How big is a Marine fireteam? I know nothing of these things.

>It was around 2009
That makes sense then. Cause I believe the Product Improvement Program for the 49's didn't kick in until 10'-11' when soldiers and marines bitching finally became too much for the military to just keep ignoring.

Old school Marine squads were 3 four man fireteams plus a squadleader. They just now are changing it though to 3 three man fireteams plus a "command element" consisting of three men. The squadleader, asst. squadleader, and a drone guy.

They stopped using the RPK
The marines are using a doctrine the soviets had abandoned already

Autoriflemen are only effective in conjunction with a crew served weapon. AR's with guns like RPK's without a crew served weapon or even a belt fed with a shit ton of ammo like a 249 is pretty useless. You need area suppression and a weapon that can achieve and maintain fire superiority for your team. So that the guys shooting are your guys at the enemy, not the other way around.

The guy is full of it
After the adoption of the 5.45 the russians stopped the compatibility meme because of how unlikely the situation is in real life for a lmg operator to need mags from someone else

Four men seems a lot more versatile than three.

I didn't like the weight of the 249 or it's reliability/wear issues, but it NEVER left me wanting in the accuracy department. That gun is stupid easy to hit targets at 600m with.

Try more like 4-8moa. The shorty/para barrels might open that up a bit but not a whole lot.

The LSAT is extremely, overwhelmingly unlikely to go forward in the caseless form, the cased telescoped variant is unlikely anytime soon, which means the Army will probably get conventional cases/Plastic cased ammunition.

There is no way that it plays out whatsoever that the LSAT is better than the KAC.
The Army JUST decided on the caliber it wants (6.5-5.8) for its next round, the previous CT prototypes have been 5.56mm & 6mm. The shit is YEARS off and the .mil's SAW's are falling apart today

Yet the RPK-74 is only generally used in the most basic of draft/reserve units, or with an optic as a DMR. Every line/combat/elite unit uses PKM's and PKP's - there's no reason not to PKM's are still ahead of their time

two 150 round drums and a 50 round nutsack is more than 7 mags

Huh?

Attached: Mk200.png (1024x512, 210K)

>Sustained fire.
do tell me why it can't do that while the 249 magically can

>Knights LMG doesn't provide an improved sustained fire capability over the M4A1.
are you for real?

>can't buy one because nfa

Attached: 1556504570875.png (287x295, 133K)

That sounds like an AEG

Yeah, why is it so quiet?

Never mind. Barrel with integrated suppressor. Very cool.

The baffles on the flash suppressor

I am erect

I have been saying this for quite some time. Every smallarms advancement has been about increasing the "up time" of the soldier to shoot, general as an increase in magazine capacity.
During WWi we had, rifles, semi automatic rifles, MGs, and Box fed 20 something light machine guns

This is consolidated now. A modern battle rifle has more firepower than the lmg of wwi, despite also having the weight and ergonomics and reliability of service rifles

Currently, we have assault rifles, carbines belt fed light machine guns and extended capacity magazine fed squad automatic rifles.
I feel this will also soon be consolidated into weapons with the firepower of the SAW but ergonomically indistinguishable from modern carbines.

Attached: 1556674906061.jpg (500x555, 70K)