Would any soldier ever lie in his autobiography?

Would any soldier ever lie in his autobiography?

Attached: d5825665acca868f8ef34ce2f0b961c8.jpg (600x400, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5m-0xtbtpD4#t=72
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are soldiers human?

I killed 300 people. No

According to Henry Kissinger they're not.

No. Remember they took an oath.

I know the punisher skull is ST3 trap stamp but did they really need to add it to his statue. Dopey as fuck

Attached: IMG_3752.jpg (1296x730, 1.08M)

I lie about my service all the damn time. I keep it somewhat realistic, though. Good thing about it is, no one I tell will ever know any different, so they take me at my word.

Based Kissinger. The more I learn about him, the more I like him.

Who cares?

Look, did you ever see that old Simpsons episode (back when it was still good) where Lisa finds out the truth about Jebediah Springfield? There’s a reason why she never told anybody. At some point, the legend is greater and more meaningful than the man behind it. Stop being an autist and just let people have their heroes.

IM BATMAN

Never took any oaths about lying to civilians.

>bait people out with "bomb making material"
>shoot them and claim it as a "kill"

It's not just Chris, I hear marksman in regular Army and Marine units would do the same thing in Iraq. It just seems wrong to classify these types of killings as some sort of combat action taken against insurgents. Maybe I'm wrong and it was necessary to kill potential IED makers, but it seems wrong.

Attached: 1394092863271.jpg (420x390, 44K)

Shut up, you weren’t there. Watching movies and video games doesn’t count.

>things neverserved's say

> Punisher Skull on the fucking statue

My sides have left the observable universe.

All the ace pilots in the big wars were usually roaming about looking for inexperienced rookies and blew those out of the air. I doubt any of those records are made in a more honorable manner.

Yes, I saw The Dark Knight too and I know what the Joker did to that dime store Batman, but tacticool LARPers aren’t going to stop if you point out that Chris Kyle fudged his autobiography. There’s literally nothing to be gained by autistically fact-checking his story. Again, stop being a bunch of assholes and just let people have their heroes.

The kill referred to the aircraft, not the pilot

apprently they do it and the other guys support them, they do it cos they have done shit so they earned the right to brag

Can't see why you want to do it though unless you're some kind of sociopaths. Bragging about killing hundreds of people with a sniper rifle? I don't know man. I don't even really get the concept of bragging about little shit even.

neither was he tho

I think you read into that way too much user

It's okay to kill hundreds of people with a sniper rifle as long as you act liek a professional, which SEALs don't seem to be able to accomplish in the modern climate. I mean just the fact that several guys tried to claim to be the guy who killed Osama seems childish. I never hear shit like this from Rangers or Delta or MARSOC

Or other parts of the book like his account of the bar fight where he EPICally DESTROYed some fictitious soldier-haters. All to sell more books.

Aren't SEALs a great deal younger on average?

I don't think he wrote about it his book but wasn't there a story where he said he ghosted a mugger or whatever while pumping gas? I'm relatively sure this probably didn't happen either but if it did it would worry the fuck out of me. Like you got the dude with 300 confirmed kills back home carrying over his old war habits basically turning into a conventional serial killer. Yeah maybe that other dude was wrong, but seems like slippery slope where you end up with some Judge Dredd/Punisher wannabe who's sliding down a slippery slope potentially killing folks over far less as long as he thinks it's justified. That's fucking scary.

Shouldn't matter, but I'm not sure. I read a good post explaining that their structure encourages this kinda of behavior more than Rangers but I'm not informed enough to paraphrase it. Something about how BUDS accepts applicants.

i dont fact check anyone's biography i just thought your post was funny and cringey.
the message is fine but the post itself, can you imagine saying it out loud?

edgy skull boi

Because his unit called themselves "The Punishers" that was their unofficial insignia you coon

>several guys tried to claim to be the guy who killed Osama
Oh god I remember when that came to light. That's when I knew that DEVGRU was a total fucking joke.

>called themselves "The Punishers"
Imagine unironically calling yourself that. ZOGbots are tryhard faggots.

It's not like they called themselves "The Punishers"

Their callsign was "punisher"

Over the radio they'd say "So and so, this is Punisher 1." etc etc.

Facts. SEALs love to brag about shit they did. Every Army/Marine special operations guy I've ever known has said nothing about their careers beyond their branch. Had to figure it out through mutual friends and shit like that.

>DEVGRU was a total fucking joke
How dare y-

Attached: 130614213753-ac-day-in-the-life-of-kristin-beck-00034604-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg (980x552, 146K)

That doesn't make it less gay
youtube.com/watch?v=5m-0xtbtpD4#t=72

Attached: ht_EXC_jones_int_grab_lf_150728_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 40K)

>that's fucking scary
You misspelled 'based,' frendo

In BCT my platoon was called the punishers.

POG AF

I fucking would. Shit. You will get in trouble if you're spec ops and tell it straight. A couple ex-devgru and ex-delta guys have supposedly had "unofficial" warnings to alter their manuscripts.

After the shitstorm surrounding "relentless strike" being released i believe it.

not if they are black or mexican

Not compared to Rangers. The difference being Rangers get treated like trash for a solid year upon arriving at their batt.

I remember that from his book too. he said he shot and killed a guy who was trying to mug him at a gas station in I think Atlanta. When the cops arrived he no shit showed them his licence to kill.

Then he talks about sniping looters after Katrina.

Also.. unrelated to Chris Kyle. but Marcus Luttrell.. kind of.. I just recently found out that the navy not only okayed but he was still inlisted and serving while his book Lone Survivor was written and published.. so it's an Act of Valor like propaganda piece ..I mean it already fictionalizes the account.

Why do SEALs lie?

The more I learn about him, the more I wonder if demons are real

Getting your morality from a literal Marxist cartoon character, you sweat onions

What bugs me the most about the Katrina part is that he claimed he was sniping people from atop the Superdome. Which is located in a part of downtown full of office buildings, is bordered by the interstate on two sides, has limited areas where sniping is even possible much less has clear lines of fire for long distances, was full of people the entire time, and was constantly circled by helicopters and boats.