Why don't most handguns support it?

Why don't most handguns support it?

Attached: 341251234.jpg (300x267, 12K)

because FN won't let anyone else make the ammo for it. Why would you make a handgun for ammo that isn't that common

There isn't a demand.

beautiful

Attached: 641234.jpg (1080x1080, 116K)

Because what the fuck does it really offer people that other guns with more comfortable grips and cheaper ammo don't?
There's ONE service pistol in this caliber, there's no fucking options, there's nothing hammer fired, there's no compact versions, etc, etc.

>Because what the fuck does it really offer people that other guns with more comfortable grips and cheaper ammo don't?
20 rounds in a standard capacity length magazine.

>there's nothing hammer fired

besides the five-seven which has a hammer in it

In a shitty grip, and with no fucking options besides the one model FN offers?
I'm good with my 18+1 Beretta, thank you.

Concealed in the slide and which you can't manipulate or interact with outside of the trigger. Might as well be a Glock clone for what that matters.

Because the P90 was designed to be an easy weapon to use to perforate Cold War era Soviet armor, which 10mm Auto would be absolutely fucking terrible for.

The real question in why the P90 isn't chambered in 10mm

Attached: Fo2_H&K_P90c.png (91x66, 2K)

Because it's a baby carbine cartridge that happens to fit in a large pistol frame.

external hammers on automatics are the big gay

Enjoy your lack of sales then, FN.

Because as a cartridge designed for SMG it's lackluster in pistol barrels.

because of Muh armor piercing and because the magazines would likely need to be longer for maximum dakka to be effective.

NATO's CRiSAT the round needed to penetrate a titanium plate plus 20 layers of kevlar
HK got butthurt the mp7 wasn't picked and politically influenced germany to veto it's adoption hence why 5.7 is deado

In retrospect, I want to thank H&K for that.

I think CMMG also used to make the extendo 30 rounders for the 5.7 in addition to FN, but they were of poor quality.

Anyway, I do wish ammo had dropped in price. The 40gr hornady bullets were crazy flat shooting out past 25 and even 50y for a pistol round. With 20 in the standard grip length and 30 in your reload, shit was made for a duty gun with an RDS.

Doesnt masterpiece arms make a mac-10/11 clone in 5.7 for whatever reason? Probably your cheapest option for a 5.7 "handgun"
I imagine if you turned it into a sbr and topped it with a decent red dot it'd be fun to carry around for shits and gigs

Its proprietary ammo user
Here is how you fix this
>invent new caliber
>make it open source (like 300 blackout)
>market its benefits
>manufacture a few gun platforms chambered in the ammo
>make said guns open source

Watch the ammo become popular and enjoy the new stuff but you will make no profit.

Attached: FB_IMG_1555894738122.jpg (960x734, 70K)

what are these called?

Inmate #57

5.7x28 T6B

tell that to my 19x faggot

.22 buttplug

What would be the inconvenience of using AP projectiles?

What was the specified thickness of the titanium plate?

Have fun developing a light recoiling handgun cartridge which can penetrate all that kevlar and plate, with a .40 caliber projectile.

>handgun cartridge
The Five Seven still has to use AP rounds to meet those qualifications.
At least 10mm has other uses besides just defeating armour.

Amen to this. I use a 20 rounder that's just an 18 with an extended baseplate. 20+1 out of a 92 series feels so good.

Ukraine has a five-seven knockoff called the fort28.

And I promise you that you will not be able to meet those demands with a 10mm Auto casing or .40 caliber projectile.
The P90 was developed for a very specific niche, that's why it's not in 10mm.

Because it has shit muzzle energy.

Attached: 1539883020268.jpg (504x198, 44K)

Kek

.45ACP has a max COAL of 1.275 inches. This is what all long frame semi autos are based on.
5.7 has a max COAL of 1.594 inches.
Simply put 5.7 is too long to fit in any common handgun grip, even long frame .45/10mm models.

It could be, if you want to pay for the work. Milling a new bolt, cutting a new barrel, and toying with some spring weights isn't exactly the most complicated job. Making a 10mm magazine would be the only challeng.

It's a meme round that even Glock doesn't give a shit about.

Why would Glock waste money designing a whole new platform around a cartridge that virtually no federal agency cares about?

>because FN won't let anyone else make the ammo for it.
What are you talking about? There's Federal and Fiocchi also making it. There'd be more if more demand for 5.7x28 existed.

Literally no one cares about .357 Sig either but glock makes a gun for it, so for glock to not care about make a gun in your cartridge must mean your cartridge is absolutely fucking worthless.

>what is intellectual property and licensing
Federal and a couple others paid for the right to produce 5.7x28 ammo. Its not a design in the public domain that anyone can produce components and ammo for. This is the reason why there is still no component brass on the market. The only brass you can find for 5.7 is going to be once fired. FNH doesn't let anyone produce the brass for component sale, and they have no interest in doing so themselves.

.357SIG's heyday is over, but its still in wide use in police departments and a couple different federal rackets.

problem the ammo is so damn expensive that there is no point in buying a gun for it.
>cheap ammo
>more people buy guns for it
>thus more money is made

9mm is such a good round because its cheap and very effective.