Cowboy General

Haven't seen one in a bit. Post your levergats, wheelguns, bowie knives, and other cowboy fun.

Attached: colt 1860 stocked.jpg (621x388, 16K)

my cowboy leverbois

Attached: IMG_20190227_222436440.jpg (3969x1433, 678K)

Bump

Attached: prettygood.jpg (4032x3024, 1.47M)

I don't know why but I got the idea to cold blue my bowie knife. How bad does it look?

Attached: SAA bowie resize.jpg (1500x1125, 167K)

This is how it looked before but with better lightning. I need to take a better picture of it blued during the day.

Attached: yeehaw resized.jpg (1500x1125, 125K)

I really like them, user!!!

In!
Learning how to spin the '51

>When you get levergun trips and forget to post the picture

Attached: 20190511_220554.jpg (720x908, 488K)

where to cop the bowie knife

It's a Cold Steel "Wild West" Bowie. I got mine from knifecenter which I think was the cheapest option. I haven't done any chopping with it or anything yet but the reviews are great and it feels very solid.

Disregard the AKM, I can’t be assed to take another picture

Attached: 42A67A81-87D7-44EF-A160-628A3A342712.jpg (4032x3024, 3.77M)

Bump.

>AKM
>1.5mm receiver

>1.5mm receiver
No it’s has a 1.5mm front trunnion. The receiver is a regular M70 receiver

Having a hard time deciding on a caliber. Im gonna buy a brass henry singleshot but cant decide vs 44 mag or 45-70. I have a 44 mag super black hawk and Im learning to reload, but i dont have anything in 45-70.

44 mag pros
>shared ammo
>I'm sitting on about 1k rounds
>cheaper to shoot/reload
>I dont hunt but if I start 44 mag can handle anything in arizona at closer distances besides elk
>less recoil for newer shooters

Cons
>its not a 4570 and I'm obsessed with that round. Every bullshit thread on Jow Forums of what gun for what outlandish scenario im always the 4570 serious shitpost.

4570 pros
>its 4570
>can take down elk if I got drawn (want to start hunting)
>big brass
>no "why didn't ya get the 4570?" questions
>im obsessed with 4570 and desperately want one

Cons

>2$ a round for factory ammo
>recoil but, meh 0 fucks.

My brain says 44 mag my heart says 4570 my dick says both. What do gents?

Get a 45-70

Why oh why must those stocks cost so much more than the gun does?
Pic related is my 1851, with the extended screws to accept a stock, but no stock.

Attached: KIMG0501.jpg (2448x3264, 2.91M)

Thinking of getting a .357mag/38spcl leverboi. What's the consensus on pic related?

Attached: 20043337.jpg (410x410, 8K)

45-70 every time.
This pistol caliber in a rifle shit is so dumb and if you wanted to go that route get a .357 so you can run cheap .38s in it for fun. The Henry’s are nice. The newer marlins aren’t nearly as bad as some people have been saying. Browning made a fantastic copy of an ‘86 Winchester in the late 80s which would be a great option too.

mine cost the same as the revolver

Attached: 20140122_215857.jpg (2064x1161, 397K)

Im leaning towards the 4570, but really the only thing stopping me is my ammo cans full of 44 mag and how expensive 4570 factory ammo is until i get reloading down.

Finally got around to making a belt to go with this holster. Now I just need a decent sheath to match the rig.

Attached: EtsyShopPhoto.jpg (1040x780, 450K)

4570 is too expensive for what it does, in my opinion it isn't worth it unless you hand reload. People hunt deer with .357 mag so doing so with .44 mag would be that much easier.

I was finally able to pick up and shoot the Uberti I ordered about a week ago (after nearly 2 months of waiting). When you first try to hold it, she's awkward and cumbersome, but that's from being too used to more natural modern pistol grips. Once I figured out how to hold it, she shot smoother and more accurately than any gun I ever owned, can't really explain it.

Attached: IMG_0580.jpg (4032x3024, 2.13M)

Get a little Lee handloader, a mould, and some Trail Boss. Looms loaded his on a darn stump once, it's babby easy.

Attached: 20190512_120357.jpg (4128x3096, 3.68M)

did you eat your beans this morning, boys?

Attached: 20190512_122415.jpg (720x959, 345K)

Get one with a loading gate

Coffee beans, i guess, switched to beer pretty early on though.

Cowboy coffee with my pinto beans.

Attached: 20190512_123813.jpg (717x901, 327K)

If you want a singleshot go for .45/70. Get a .44RM levergat later.

H I G H
I
G
H

W A L L
A
L
L

With how cheap cap & ball revolvers can be, that's really not a bad deal desu

Once you start shooting it, it'll fall into place and feel pretty natural. You can just dryfire it for a bit and you'll see what I mean for the most part.
Is that the "Old West" finish or stainless?

BEANS N’ TORTILLAS

Attached: 1D1D446A-D967-45D1-9DF4-53BA53B8E5C8.jpg (1148x1640, 970K)

Attached: IMG_1769.jpg (4032x3024, 1.32M)

Which would you rather take for a .357/.38 lever gun. One of Henry's loading gate models whenever they release in the caliber, a Winchester model 92, or a Marlin 94c?

A Winchester is based tier, either 1873 or 1892. Winchesters are made in Miroku and are based tier.

Stainless. When I first held it, the grip felt too small for my hands, but that's because I was holding it like a conventional pistol grip. Your hand is actually supposed to hold it more like a straight-stocked rifle or one of those old timey flintlock pistols, real high up and bent forward. When you pull the hammer back, it should rest against the flesh in between your thumb and forefinger, or close to it. That spooked the shit out of my at first because I'm used to stuff like 1911s, and you do not want your hand touching the hammer on one of those for obvious reasons.
Yet I shoot like shit with semi-autos, and get all my bullets in the black on the SAA.
Makes me feel more like Revolver Ocelot than it does Wyatt Earp desu.

Breddy good, if you don't care about a loading gate.

see quick and dirty mspaint drawing for what I mean

Attached: 1557674950649 - Copy.jpg (2752x2768, 1.67M)

Lol

Attached: 20190410_172235.jpg (720x711, 354K)

Follow yer dick

What's a good one with a loading gate?

M70 still isn't an akm

Stop. You have every other thread on this 40 yard dumpster-fire of a board to shit up arguing about AK variants.

Attached: 20190421_144215.jpg (720x960, 415K)

I always found mccarthys food passages so comfy. Like he will leave huge gaping holes in a story to confuse you and then tell you about the consistency and texture of the pinole the characters ate

Attached: 1404186125245.jpg (1024x640, 38K)

No bullshit that is where I learned what to eat/ how to cook as a poorfag.

Could someone explain to me how to use semi buckhorn sights on a Henry? I can't get my 44mag big boy zeroed for the life of me.

Is that a backstrap safety?

Has there ever been a non-american designed Lever Action rifle? I don't mean non-american companies that make reproductions such as Pedersoli, I mean a lever action rifle designed from the ground up.

45-70 single shot, 44 mag levergat

Ok Jow Forums Im looking at getting a few cowboy guns. My options:
>Remington 1858 with conversion in .45 colt and Colt Navy .38 special
>Remington with two cylinders for fast reload and a matching .45 colt Rossi

Don't get cap and ball revolvers unless you know your shit, any boob can buy cartridges and put them in his gun, but it takes a lot of time and effort to cast your own lead and measure your own gunpowder. If you must have the Remington, get the New Army conversion.

I'd be using the cartridge conversions a lot more often anyway but cap and ball really isn't too hard. You can buy premade bullets and blackpowder isn't hard to come by nor is the tools to measure it.

Is it worth getting a new Vaquero over a Uberti SAA if I don't care much about cowboy action shooting?

Just know what you're getting into. It is not for everybody. That's what the Pietta Man With No Name Conversion is for.

Uberti/Taylors/Pietta/EMF/etc have lots more options than Ruger
Not that there's anything wrong whatsoever with Ruger, but their selection is just so much smaller. If you find what you like there, then good for you, get the Ruger, but you might enjoy spending a bit more money on something you find more interesting elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with Uberti.

Why the hell would he have to cast his own balls? They sell it by the 100ct on Midway. How is it hard to measure powder? It's no different than a measuring cup.

Careful, you'll summon the tripfag that hates Uberti.

That retard Leon Vagina not only thinks Taylor's and Co. makes its own guns, he has now been permanently cucked, chucked, fucked, and sucked by Henry Repeating Arms.

Watching him screech and seethe about the lack of a loading gate on the Henry for multiple threads, then the very next week Henry announces this, was one of the high points of my time spent on Jow Forums. That tripfag fucking evaporated - he can never recover from a BTFO this eternal.

Attached: 100.jpg (1196x628, 55K)

Anyone shoot .405? I've been reading a lot about Teddy and now I want an 1895.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Fug gents im not sure I can afford 4570 even reloading, vs 44mag... i have a lot of 44 mag brass and bullets and zero 4570 components even reloading it looks like 1.50 a round, for the first load...

If you want a GOOD one. Winchester is your best, albeit one of the most expensive bets.

Finally found a nice Bowie to fit the cosplay.
22lr levergat not pictured.

Attached: IMG_20190513_114319.jpg (2351x1637, 833K)

Now if only they made it in .45 lc it'd be perfect. I need one to go with my SAA.

Attached: 20190320_152006.jpg (1040x780, 140K)

Not him, but yes that is a grip safety. They were nicknamed "lemon squeezers". I have a .32 and a .38

Pilgrims.

Attached: 0F3D5F09-5B13-4CB5-9CFE-7558763FABC6.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

They'll probably have one available in the conventional cowboy pistol calibers within a year or two, given the feedback they've been getting. They announced that they would release it in additional calibers depending on feedback.

Nice. Now I just need to finish the cowboy hat I'm making and I'll be set for larping.

If you can find Rossi 1892 clones, you can get the same thing for quite a bit cheaper and right now. I hear Rossi are good quality in the sense of their durability and reliability, but that their fit and finish leave quite a bit to be desired.

Asked in the revolver thread, maybe I'll get more answers here:

I want to get a single action, but I have absolutely no idea what to get.

I really like the aesthetics of the SAA, but original Colt has no actual safety.
Ruger has the Blackhawk and Vaquero, but I don't like the sights profile of the Blackhawk (prefer the original groove on the frame) and the Vaquero doesn't exist in .44 iirc.
Can you redpill me on the Blackhawk? Also, how are the Uberti ones? Additionally, has anyone shot any of their black powder wheels?

Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.

Attached: 1873shortrifle.jpg (2168x2390, 3.57M)

Any recommendations on a 1874 Sharps? I would get a Shiloh but I don't want to wait forever.

Get the shiloh.

BOLD TALK FOR A ONE-EYED FAT MAN

>I want to get a single action, but I have absolutely no idea what to get.
What determines your choice here is largely your budget and your time commitment:
Cheapest - black powder cap and ball revolver replicas like the 1851 navy can be had for like 200 bucks, but loading is obviously a much more complicated and time-consuming affair
Low-priced - Italian replica 1873s typically range from 400-800 dollars, and have cheap, plentiful, ready to use cartridge ammunition. Alternatively you can buy other cartridge conversion revolvers like the 1871 Mason, or double the cost of your black powder revolvers by buying special conversion cylinders for them.
High-priced - Schofield Replicas and genuine Colts. 1000-2000 dollars.
Exorbitantly priced - Genuine antique firearms that are fit to be used are rare and expensive.

>I really like the aesthetics of the SAA, but original Colt has no actual safety.
Then get an SAA clone. You'll either wind up with a transfer bar (ugly), the longer cylinder pin safety (who cares), or the 3 click hammer with floating firing pin (I want my C-O-L-T, but at least it's not a transfer bar). Of those, the latter two can be relatively easily replaced.
>Ruger has the Blackhawk and Vaquero, but I don't like the sights profile of the Blackhawk (prefer the original groove on the frame) and the Vaquero doesn't exist in .44 iirc.
Then don't get them. There's no reason to get a firearm you do not like. Get the version you want. Uberti makes SAA clones in .44 Magnum and also .44-40 I believe.
>Can you redpill me on the Blackhawk?
It's a good modernized SAA clone. Good for shooting, bad for larping.
>Also, how are the Uberti ones?
Gee, they've only been making replica old west guns for the movies and civilian shooters for 60 years now...
>Additionally, has anyone shot any of their black powder wheels?
That I haven't done because I am a pleb.

>anyone shot any of their black powder wheels?
I posted two of mine earlier in the thread. I shoot them a couple of times a week.

Bumparoo.

>Gee, they've only been making replica old west guns for the movies and civilian shooters for 60 years now...
Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean they are also reliable and don't fall apart after a few rounds. But thanks for your input, I think I'll really start with a replica, just to get into it.

One thing, though: I heard that people file down their front sights, is that true? Why are they doing this? Doesn't it shoot straight out of the box?

I can’t wait to load five cartridges in a cylinder designed to hold six in a gun I overpaid 500+ dollars for that’s made of the same steel they make blank firing guns out of. This is your fucking brain on cowboy action shooting, get help.

Have
>Ruger Blackhawk .357/.38
>W49 Bowie knife
Getting
>Winchester .30-30
>Stevens 12 gauge double barrel
>possibly another SA revolver
How's the loadout coming so far?

Sauce me up on that blade user

you ok? you need to call someone?

Dexter-Russel Green River "Dadley". You may have to finish it yourself

I can't wait to click on a thread specifically for something I don't like just to tell everyone about it. This is your fucking brain on autism, take your meds or fuck off back to twitter.

Get a .444

Attached: 20190507_160306.jpg (3264x2448, 2.31M)

Dad go back to prison again? It's ok bud, maybe mom won't fuck the black guy from the gas station this time

>file down the front sights
It's so you can clear the holster faster. Especially for CAS, you aren't really aiming with the sight

Attached: B75D9910-F1A4-41DD-9219-E6C2B0C98CE8.jpg (977x818, 146K)

I want to expand my cowboy collection. Currently looking into double barrels. If I want something fun to play with and maybe use for pest control, is a Stoeger coach gun good enough?

They shoot high. Were sighted in for 100q yards. Practice was to shoot for the beltline.

All of my guns are cowboy guns.
All.

Thx user, was looking for an alternative to the case version with plastic handles, this looks neato.

Attached: 1499061685536.png (500x504, 41K)

Ive owned a vaquero in 44 mag brother.

...is it because you're a cowboy?

They do tend to shoot slightly high.

>"I'm always the 45-70 serious shitpost"
aw fuck, that's you?
I love you, carry on