What do you guys think about potato cannons?

What do you guys think about potato cannons?

Attached: large_thumbnail.jpg (654x368, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rAf8wPZjj1g
youtube.com/watch?v=9ydJXOTf1-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think they are pieces of PVC pipe and bbq igniters.

>>toy

Can launch a potato or turn into a pipe bomb.

I built a "Slienced" one when I was a teenager. Drill a bunch of holes in the barrel, sleeve it with a piece of larger diameter PVC like you used for the combustion chamber. Good times were had.

You can also build a "cabbage cannon" by making the whole thing out of big PVC.

Made bb lasagna with them and used it as canisters shot to clear trails in childhood airshit

Power it with hydrogen instead of hair spray like a bitch

Used some paper towel as wadding and put paintballs in one. It looked awesome on the trees in the woods. Other wise we just arched potatoes into the air. Hardest part was closing that breach after spraying the aerosol. Hair products worked best.

Almost lost an eye to one.
Had a lot of fun playing with before that happened, though.

My uncle and I made one using compressed air that was pretty sweet, he rigged up a trigger system using a 9volt battery and a plumbing valve switch. when I was a kid I figured out I could oil the barrel, take a plastic bag as a wad, and fill it with a hand full of gravel and drop squirrels and crows. Growing up in the woods was nice.

Used brake cleaner istesd of hairspray. Lauched slices of pizza onto my brother mercedes. He broke the gun after that.

Connor?

youtube.com/watch?v=rAf8wPZjj1g

Pretty fun, I built a metered propane one and shot pvc darts and sabots when I was a kid.
Kill youself

Please be real

Nah, but I'm pleased to learn I have a brother-in-eye named Connor somewhere in the world.

It might be possible to convert it into an RPG if you made an explosive payload with a tannerite cap that acts as the detonator.

>tannerite cap that acts as the detonator.
>tannerite
>acts as detonator

Don't do that

>doesn't explode on it's own
>is relatively stable until is triggered
>sets off the primary explosive charge

Oxygen acetylene mix or gtfo

my friend had one at a 4th of july party. we shot a fuckin rake at a basketball backboard. fun times

Wish I didn't worry about legality so much now that I'm older. Also if, hypothetically, a horde of feral negroes were to set up in a nearby building during a disaster and you needed to evict them ASAP without getting close, how hard would it be to make one fire gasoline bombs instead?

I like a bit of mystery in my life

Lost my hearing for an hour by having my head next to the muzzle when my dad lit it off.

Fill the outside bottoms of coke cans with tannerite and seal it off with latex and epoxy make sure it's rounded then fill the can with gasoline and seal it off with something that can take the impact of the explosion propelling the can and not allow it to leak. Make sure to fire it tannerite facing target.

Better design

Attached: _20190512_181827.jpg (2921x2624, 924K)

I wouldn't wanna be manually firing anything filled with tannerite

Then set it up on a bipod and remotely fire it like a mortar, use tire balance lead weights around the exposed top of the can next to the pill bottle cap to make sure it hits primer first.

Kinda what I was thinking, imma need a little prep

The hardest part to achieve and the weakest part of my design is making sure it hits and the bb ignites the primer. But 1 coke can, a pill container, a bb, ~9oz of gasoline, a 9mm bullet with the bullet removed, a few oz of tannerite and some epoxy and maybe lead weights per shell are all easily sourced, legal to posses, and quick to assemble.

We should advance them to become boogaloo artillery

They are a fun way to play with ballistics. They can be taken way too far which is a plus. Hybrid compressed gas/air combustion burst disk design has punched a tungsten sabot through 4 inch steel, so spudguns have the potential of being hardware store anti armor. Pneumatic mortars are really cool too and have military service history.

Attached: fxb150gjj.jpg (584x421, 51K)

If you packed a little tannerite into the brass on top of the powder and compressed the powder a bit with maybe a cardboard plug to keep it in before inserting it onto the pill container it might help with ignition. Also maybe cut some aluminum split washers that fit around the rim of the 9mm brass to keep it from getting smashed into the pill container and reinforced on top of its cap may add to stability. Also if you wanted to go more explosive and less incendiary you could fill the coke can with tannerite and bbs instead of gasoline and seal it up well.

>implying it's not a toy
>>toy

Both pneumatic and gas cannons have military and naval history. They can have the same muzzle energy of a .50 cal. Certain designs are classified as DD. They are the cheapest way to put a pipebomb several blocks away therefore actively being used by insurgents.
>>toy

Or just fill the can with Lofentanil-DMSO

They can being the key word there. In reality they are toys, and haven't held a military use is decades. Unless you're name is Lewis or Clark then I don't think you will be owning one of these for any reason other than play.

Also OP is clearly talking about a toy and now ISIS's hell cannon.

I'd almost be interested in pursuing electronic ignition, but button w/ battery>electronic primer>9mm>tannerite>gasoline is getting a bit iffy.

The bb/primer probably depends on it hitting something hard, and square on, which is somewhat unlikely.
I like the coke can idea, but I'm almost thinking that it'd be better to be half gasoline+vapour, quarter tannertie, and leave the rest for a 9mm bullet with the primer replaced with an electric match, hooked up to an arduino or some other system, perhaps radio, for detention.
That way you could fire a bunch through their window, and ignite them all at once.
Electronics are fiddly, but perhaps still better than the BB.

Makes me wonder, will a 9mm cartridge planted into some tannertie detonate it?

Please find out and let us know!

Burned my face with ether when it wouldn't fire and i left it uncapped to air out for 10 mins, also had sheriffs come once with guns drawn for a 'rocket launcher' complaint.

Is gunpowder itself enough to ignite Tannerite?

Paul?

I'm pretty sure it's impact, hence why I'm tempted to try with an electronically ignited 9mm round.

I've heard of people using nugget food as impromptu blasting caps by pulling the bullet out and sticking a fuse in (in minecraft)

This is worth exploring, anyone willing to try this?

Tannerite is far far far too stable to act as a detonator.

Just use a fucking shotgun primer or a muzzleoading musket cap

Or a rimfire blank, like that from a .22 starting pistol or a ramset gun

If you're gonna weaponize a potato cannon, why not try making HEAT rounds? The improvised munitions handbook has a shaped charge that can supposedly penetrate 3 to 4 inches of armor.

These can be made of plumbing pipe and welded together with a gas propellant, right? How far can I take this before they shoot my dog?

Attached: Azmw1QF.png (500x506, 114K)

You'll want seamless tubes.
Also, while we're talking about fun DIY guns, these are pretty cool:
youtube.com/watch?v=9ydJXOTf1-4