Is this and the hudson h9 the greatest firearm failure of this generation...

Is this and the hudson h9 the greatest firearm failure of this generation? I know hudson is basically going out of business and their pistols are selling for way less than their original asking price, but what of the MDR?
Did the six position gas block or whatever fix the gun finally?
Do you think it'll ever work with constant delay on the 5.56 versions and mixed reviews constantly haunting the rifle?

Attached: memedr.jpg (1200x564, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Church_of_Christ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had a malfunction every once in a while with mine before the new gas plug and widened extractor.

I got both in last month and poured about 1k .308 through it with no malfunctions yet, so it seem breddy gud.

Attached: 20180516_203025.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

The communist and the satanist gave it the seal of approval. That's good enough for me.

Eh, tons of firearm startups fail. Not sure if anything that happened with Hudson is particularly bad.

Corporate failures like this are usually caused by the same reasons. They are trying to fill a niche that is already filled. They don't have any actual end users on the design team. They have bad management. The Desert Tech bullpup was designed by gun nerds and engineers with no military experience. The H9 was an expensive solution to a non-existent problem.

Could you name a few that come to mind? I am actually studying this problem. I plan to go into firearms design and manufacture.

>trusting military experience

Attached: 1515002044490.jpg (820x820, 46K)

>nerds and engineers with no military experience
Excuse my ignorance I would be willing to bet that this is the majority of them.

Sent mine in about 2-3 weeks ago for the new extractor, glad to hear that yours is operating flawlessly with the upgrade.

Attached: MDRSCARSUP.jpg (1440x1920, 755K)

Desert Tech isn’t going anywhere so it’s not going to be a failure on the level of the H9.

Desert Tech also has military contracts and has won at least some US government funding so they're not exactly some literally who

Sort of my point. When was the last time anyone invented a great firearm? There have been some notable improvements of existing designs and most of those improvements came from military input.

Surprised you dont have a trip, for having all those nice guns.

Not that user but the majority of coolhasgunz don't trip because they're not obnoxious.

Does anyone have that video of the turkish shotgun review with 8 of them and each one had problems or didnt even fire a round?
I know it was taken down but wasnt sure if anyone had saved it.

The local startups in my area (central FL) tend to fail due to cutting corners with machining. They choose to put rifles with defects out in the market instead of taking the time and energy to have really good QC. This will inevitably lead to bad reviews and word getting around that the products are unreliable.

Either that or they do use quality machining and QC but the finished product costs as much or more than the tried-and-true companies in the area (Knights armament is headquartered in Titusville, Spikes in Apopka, and Keltec in Cocoa)

I understand from their point of view. If they build it NOT cutting corners. Then the profit margin goes down. Labor and tooling is cost prohibitive.
Russia and China got away with it because they used communist labor.
Colt, FN, Beretta, S&W, Glock, and KAC had or have government contracts. They can afford to take loans from the bank. With the backing of a government contract. Little guys cannot. Not to the degree that's needed to make ultra reliable rifles.

What kind of rifles are they making? there really is no wayto get a startup to work if all you are doing is AR15s. With how cheap PSA and andersons are.

You you study early colt and recent Remington. Remington is receiving state funds. Because they employee local people. And they ran that company head first into the ground. Full throttle.

Spikes makes good stuff. They just have cringy rollmarks. I have a ST2 buffer. Damn good. I plan on building a spikes after my other builds

Reminder that Desert Tech is owned and run by cult degenerates that like to marry and rape little girls.

Attached: 1415900757054.gif (281x295, 2.97M)

This man speaks the truth

Utah recently dropped an open amd shut welfare fraud investigation against the polygamist cult living in the middle of nowhere because the mormons only pretend to not be polygamous anymore.
Their compound was taking the government for a ride on federal and state assistance for years until Warren Jeff pissed off the wrong people and drew attention.
Then they sat on this case for about a decade until ultimately dropping it because the mormons are just white muslims.

this

Attached: deusex.png (207x253, 59K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Church_of_Christ

Nick Young, the owner of Desert Tech, is part of the Kingston Clan and a polygamist.

How can I join?

Attached: 1229234864133.jpg (600x600, 139K)

see
They're owned by the Kingston Clan and Desert Tech's owners are members of their church.

They have commited tax fraud, marry their first cousins, practice child marriage, are apparently racists as well. Polygamy sounds pretty cool though.

Attached: 47581219_2207352516253403_2189490127585474306_n.jpg (1080x866, 173K)

That all sounds pretty cool aside from the incest part.

Attached: 1255969797676.jpg (1280x1024, 724K)

Actually it all just sounds pretty cool.

Polygamy is like communism, sounds great in theory.
In practice it really means boys murdered or run out of town and old men hoarding all the girls and molesting their daughters and having retard incest babies.
There's nothing stopping you from dicking all the women in the world without marrying them.

The MDR is a success, it's just expensive. It's a functioning ambidextrous .308 rifle, and that's what it set out to achieve. I don't think it set out to be affordable, it was explicitly Gucci from the start.

The H9 is a joke. How can you operate a light on that thing? It would be way too far down for your finger to reach it. You can't call something a fighting handgun if you can't use a light on it. Total gimmick.

>you can't call something a fighting handgun if you can't operate a light on it
it's literally got a rail and also you're stupid

Or you can just be a little guy but you focus on getting government contracts with design and maybe a handfull of high quality prototypes. If the stars align, and your gun is picked, I am sure investors will come out of the woodworks or you can partner with or sell to one of the big manufacturers.
Isn’t that true with the beginnings of Barrett and Accuracy International?

MDR OR RDB?

Rfb

AR-10

The MDR is made by an actual company that has other products and isn't in imminent danger of bankruptcy. So even if they discontinue the MDR (which I hope they don't because I love mdrs), they will continue to operate with their other fine rifles; thus it can't be considered a failure. The H9 on the other hand is pretty retarded and the company that makes it has nothing else to offer so that is a failure if I've ever seen one.

Attached: 9QGoum4.jpg (777x777, 174K)

>buying non-military-proven designs

You must really hate money and yourself.

Attached: 6DCA7BE1-8F8E-43DA-8D68-DF88D4593A4E.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

The chinese symbol for trouble is two women under one roof

>t. fingerlet

MDR, you poorfag plebs

How did the H9 fail? Besides it looking cool, I have no really Info.

It worked flawlessly and for that you need good machining.
Good machining costs a lot of money driving the cost of a gun.
So they didnt sell enough units to keep production going and they could not even cover the cost of the first batch because inventory was sitting on the shelves.
I guess people didnt needed a $1200 handgun.

MDR

Attached: fd318d2760cbc307b63f0284247d90aa.png (881x1174, 574K)

they got screwed by a supplier, they announced their new (immensely better) pattern of H9 (the aluminum frame) before it was ready, everybody cancelled their orders so they could get the better one, they ran out of money before the H9A was ready and now it'll never be ready

>designed by gun nerds and engineers with no military experience
Of the greatest names in firearms design, only Eugene Stoner and Mikhail Kalashnikov had military experience, and even then Stoner was ground crew for navy bombers and Kalashnikov was a tank mechanic. The rest, Colt, Browning, Sullivan, Saive, Glock, Remington, Ruger, never so much served as a field cook.

For comparison, modern Colt is a company that goes out of its way to employ exclusively ex-USMC, and they're a giant piece of shit that produce lazy overpriced junk and have been perpetually in the red since before most of Jow Forums were born.

Nerds: 1
Mil:0

Maybe it's because tripfags are, and always will be, annoying attention whores?