Should we even trust cops anymore?

Honestly, I don't, but I am curious as to what they rest of Jow Forums thinks.

Attached: FB_IMG_1554869273814.jpg (967x967, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/04/24/usa-today-revealing-misconduct-records-police-cops/3223984002/
youtube.com/watch?v=vnJ5f1JMKns
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-anaheim-police-dramatic-video-investigation-shooting-driving-20190508-story.html
youtu.be/9-FJ2zy-xSM
youtu.be/JOgN4tb8c-0
streamable.com/534w7
nationalreview.com/2017/03/andrew-scott-case-second-amendment-attacked-eleventh-circuit-appeals-court/
youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE
rulesofevidence.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Warren v DC is all anyone needs to know.

lol no, cops can literally do anything short of insane stupid shit so much so that if you weren't a cop you'd get automatically charged with felonies and thrown in jail for decades. Couple that with the fact that cops are legally allowed to lie about anything they're investigating.

Yeah.

>anymore
I never trusted cops as long as I've been alive.

there are 1,000,000 cops in the use.
About 1000 cops are arrested each year
Compare that to the US population.

The same argument.
If a small percentage of gun owners commit crimes with guns, then why is there legislation effecting all gun owners?

In b4 bootlicker. whatever...

If the local DA decides to never charge you with anything no matter what you do, you should never be trusted

The number of cops getting away with shit makes "only 1000 got arrested" look like its a pretty corrupt, self reinforcing system of bullshit.

Right, and an even larger number that should have been arrested but got away with it.

Not in the slightest, but that doesn’t mean you sperg out whenever confronted.

Compared the numbers to the rest of the population.

Also, this thread should be on pol.

usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/04/24/usa-today-revealing-misconduct-records-police-cops/3223984002/

fuck the cops

>cops start to crack down on failure to signal for turns in my town
>see plenty of cops still ignore their own signal
fuck cops

Shoo, BLM

>compare it to the rest of the population
Thats a garbage comparison, there is nothing comparable at that "well I took 350m people and divided it by the number of people who commited crimes, didn't think a bit about repeat offenders or anything about mutlicrime events"

remember
0.001% of cops are arrested each year
last year 999,000 cops were not arrested.

pic related

Attached: prageru-did-you-know-only-0-002-of-over-12-8-million-42701519.png (500x742, 134K)

Been in Law Enforcement and Corrections for a while now.

I have noticed three types of officers.

1. People like me that just want to do a job, and do it well.

2. Adrenine junkies that WANT to create crazy situations/god complex types.

3. Diversity hires that woke up one day, and said "Imma be da poleese"

I don't even trust some of my co-workers OP. Why would I expect you to?

>no, if a cop is declared innocent because a DA either refused to press charges, refused to put up an actual prosecution case or swept the bullshit under the rug, the cop is innocent :^)

>BLM
Lol, alright dude, let me know how much you love those cops when they're kicking down your door.

Daily reminder
>don't talk to cops without a lawyer
>talking to cops will gain you nothing
>cops are allowed to lie to you, but you're not allowed to lie to them
>a cop can arrest you for any reason then drop the charges instantly as if nothing happened
>record any cop interactions you have because a cop could lie about it later.

Fair. Trust me dude, I have friends that are cops, but when you see stuff like cops killing dudes during ERPOs and enforcing crazy bad gun laws in states like Cali, theres no way to trust the police force as a whole not to turn on us.

blab blab blab.
In any population there is a certain percentage that are turds
it could be the general population
it could be teachers, or mechanics or gun owners.
The fact is in the population of cops very few commit crimes.
And you cannot ignore the fact that COPS are the ones who arrest the turd cops.

The only cops I've met that have some type of common sense , tend to be the ones who were veterans before hand. All others are nothing but fags and idiots. There is privates in my guard unit with better knowledge of firearms and policing than the average cop and these arent just my words but tons of other cops I serve with.

t.11B nasty girl

Cops don't bring charges. The state brings charges. They can't charge you with something without their say so, nor can the charges be dropped by the police.

>The fact is in the population of cops very few commit crimes.
Except you're blatantly ignoring the raw number that DO commit crimes but are let go due to internal corruption of the justice system.

They also kill innocent people and get away with it.

The difference between cops and us is that the turds in the police force get away with it when they do wrong.

A cop can literally arrest you and throw you in jail then have you released, the charges get dropped because the cop and DA are in cahoots.

Also...

Most cops aren't gun people nor know about gun laws.
They're still human and will make errors. Be polite, dont be a smart ass but also record the interaction w.o informing him/her and do not admit to nothing you're not sure off.

They enforce the law of the state, they are tools of the state. They dont get a pass for "just doing their jobs".

>everyone else in the USA is charged, convicted and imprisoned after committing a crime

Go n youtube and you'll fond cou flesh videos of cops trampling peoples rights and flat out not complying when read their own police depart's policies. And not just toward black folks either as you night expect.

>Most cops aren't gun people nor know about gun laws.
Who fucking cares
>they're human and make errors
Shooting innocent people and getting away with it is not "errors"

>

I shouldnt have to play a game of fucking Simon Says with a cop in order to not get shot. Stop being a boot licker.

news flash
in the US EVERYBODY is innocent until proven guilty.
the US constitution protects you and me and people accused of crimes.
ALL people are innocent until proven guilty. Therefore your statement that a cop is declared innocent is bullshit.
all charging decisions are based upon, what can the government prove.
nothing more, nothing less

At a far higher rate

There was just a big to do about a dude with alzheimers getting shot at by cops like 70 times in a slow speed pursuit, they hit the dude 9 times and then after he was dead the cop shot him another 15 times. The cop got away with it, lost his job and thats it, the DA didn't press charges because "we couldn't find enough good evidence :^)"

You're full of shit if you think the justice system doesnt favor authority. Must be damp under that rock.

Now you're talking about something different. The cops don't charge you. They don't look at the weight of evidence and decide to charge someone, that's the job of someone else. Conversely, they don't drop charges. They might do all sorts of other shit, like tampering with evidence or discouraging/encouraging witnesses, but no one in the police department decides whether you get charged or not.

There are many problems with policing in the USA and the legal system but since you don't have an understanding of how it works, there's no point in you even talking about it.

>in the US EVERYBODY is innocent until proven guilty.
except when a during the stop and frisk era, or the crack epidemic, or the vietnam war protests, etc.

Most cops in non-lefty clownshit states are not half bad. We're talking regular officers. But I worked in a teeny tiny town and quit because stuff was just...odd, among other reasons. Chief got investigated by State Police and the department lost the ability to arrest. Basically, they were cucked and forced to call the Sheriff to come pick people up.

If I had stayed, my career would have been ruined. As bad as it is now, for me having quit so quickly, i never would have found work in LE/CO ever again.

Point is, like any political or government system, as you go up, the people get shittier.

Most average officers, have a limit. But the guys who are "company men", as you'd call it in any other profession, have no limit because all they want is higher and higher power.

In schenectady ny, the entire police force got canned and the national guard had to replace them for years because the police in schenectady were corrupt as fuck

your mistake was trusting police at any point in the last 30 years.

>dont understand how it works

Get off your high horse, if you want to nuthug cops then be my guest, but you could not be charged with bullshit offenses without the direct support of the cops.

in your conspiracy theory world that is how you THINK it works.

In the rear world
COPS make arrests
sometimes those arrests lead to incarceration

the Prosecuting Attorney makes all decisions regarding charges.
In the case of Smollett, the States Attorney dropped all charges and she has the only say in who is charged and who is not.

The decisions are completely separate.

I'm sure if a gangbanger shot a family member but got acquitted you'd agree they're innocent as well? In the eye of the law, sure. But that doesn't equate to reality and if you think it does you seriously have to rethink how you view what amounts to a guy given unlimited power because of a piece of metal on his lapel.

youtube.com/watch?v=vnJ5f1JMKns

>people try to report the police for the nefarious shit they
>you can't report a cop to the cops because no one is regulating the cops so the cops try and threaten you with arrest because you're reporting them for their abuses

Attached: anzac biscuits.jpg (640x383, 34K)

>the cops and DA are seperate
When they work in conjunction they aren't seperate
>oh no a cop did a bad thing?
>no he didn't I'm not bringing charges!

When it happens and a shooter gets acquitted that doesnt change the fact that that human killed another human. Uniform and badge can be on either side of this. In the wise words of Frank Costello - When you're facing the barrel of a loaded gun... what's the difference?

The difference is if a civilian did it they'd get charged with murder where if a cop did it they get away with it

like OJ Simpson?
Like Smollet?
OR
People exercised their constitutional right to a trial.
And after a trail, after a jury reviewed the evidence, they were found not guilty.
ALL people have a right to a jury trial, not just cops.

Honestly, the thing I dislike most about cops and blue line supporters is the pedestal they put the police on.
>"Cops put themselves in danger everyday to protect you"
No. They do it for a nice pension and early retirement.
>"Imagine how terrible the world would be without police"
I can say the same thing about plumbers. The difference is that plumbers don't simultaneously brag and complain about their jobs all the time.

Civillians get aquitted of crazy charges all the time user.

>friend's sister is an intelligence analyst or some other spooky shit that she won't tell anyone about
>she travels around the world, and everywhere she goes, she gets some local food and mails it back to him
>he gets some ANZAC biscuits, offers me some
>the next day, go over to his dorm room
>he left them out in the common room, didn't think that people would take all of them before I got there

Are they good lads?

Exactly what I am saying. That does not make it ok morally. Now all that said obviously the vast majority of folks in uniform just want to do a job and keep their community safe. There's bad apples in every bunch on every side. Doesn't mean I'm gonna let my guard down though.

oh, you called me bootlicker.
imma cry now.
do you really think calling people names over the internet hurts?

you are full of shit if you think is does.
just because you don't understand the law, you do understand how the legal process works, it does not mean the system is rigged.

>it does not mean the system is rigged.
The system is literally rigged
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-anaheim-police-dramatic-video-investigation-shooting-driving-20190508-story.html

If a DA who works in conjunction with the police all the time doesn't want to file charges against this gross misconduct not even considering how many laws the cop broke doesn't want to press charges what is that? A lack of good evidence? or a rigged system?

Oh shit you from NW GA?

Man, it must be nice being so sheltered in life.

Nope. Not gonna say because obviously, it would be easy to figure out where I live. And possibly where I work now. I want to just walk away from it and not think about it much. It costed me numerous job oppertunities. But I was given a second chance after two fucking years and was given a job in corrections.

There was a shakeup in my area where the sheriff and some deputies were investigated by the GBI and are facing charges. I worked in corrections for a while too. I took a job at a level 5 prison here on the SORT team after the entire existing team was charged after video evidence was found of them holding inmates up by their ankles and then beating the bottoms of their feet with batons. They'd be taken to medical and written up for a footwear complaint. So fucking glad I'm out of that business now. Corrections will kill your soul.

There is a bid difference between what you THINK your rights are and what they really are.

If a cop stops you in a car the cop can have you step out of the car.
>Pennsylvania vs. Mimms

The cops does not need a warrrant to search your car based upon probable cause.
>Carroll rule, Carroll v. United States

are you upset with the way the US constitution is written?

Do you want to deny certain protections to some, while expecting to have those same protections.
ALL people are innocent until proven guilty.
why is this so difficult to understand?

I'm doing it for now, hoping I get a private security job. Or I may just say fuck it and join the military before I turn 30.

My best advice is to get out while you can unless you want to advance in rank and make a career out of it. Go military if you're interested. Get your degree in a field that you do want to make a career out of.

Great decision. Kys.

I have a degree and my Peace Officer's license. The private security job I wsnt contracts with the feds and pays very well. I just have to wait and see.

Issue with military is I have a wife and kids. That's all that is keeping me from it at this point. I'm mad that I didn't do it back when I was 18.

Thats not true.
Every day people are justified in the use of force and are never charged.

This. You never trust cops user, everyone is supposed to know that already.

see

cops,
comment on this interaction
youtu.be/9-FJ2zy-xSM
broadcast and heralded as a POSITIVE LEO interaction

Attached: 8f2f9598-6137-4dc9-87f7-308213cea697.jpg (900x567, 34K)

I don't trust anyone.

>Non cops.can ask questions we might or might not answer.
explain yourselves
youtu.be/JOgN4tb8c-0
that doesn't involve chasing stats

Attached: 1557603178255.gif (480x258, 781K)

well i live in the uk and here coppers can be proper dick heads when it comes to weapons

Attached: HACKNEY2.png (1187x889, 362K)

>this interaction
part 2
streamable.com/534w7

> go through divorce
> separate from wife
> get some sleep
> wife calls cops on you
> says you're terrorizing everyone
> you have guns!!
> LEOs race to disarm madman and prevent Columbine II
> police wake you up and drag you out of the house
> confiscate all your firearms that are in your safe
> take you to jail
> because, "that'd be the best thing to do for you"

Attached: faggotnigger09.13 PM.png (129x155, 53K)

nationalreview.com/2017/03/andrew-scott-case-second-amendment-attacked-eleventh-circuit-appeals-court/

It absolutely is true

>be a cop
>follow an innocent person home for no reason
>don't announce yourself
>show up at 1am
>bang on the door, don't announce yourself
>guy opens the door
>shoot him dead
>get away with it.

Never trust a cop

Cops get qualified immunity where they justify everything they do with the excuse of an objective reason which is where any cop would do that so therefore I can.

>2am
>be shleep
>hear downstairs window shatter, followed by frantic slurred ebonics
>call 911
>before i even hang up the phone the pavement apes are making their way up my staircase
>reach over to loaded gun in nightstand and send them to wakanda as soon as they turn the corner in my room
>15 minutes later a fleet of squad cars parks on my lawn
>”WE HAVE THE AREA SURROUNDED, COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP”
>slowly walk out of my front door
>suddenly have to sneeze due to gunpowder
>get shot to death for resisting

why the fuck do we need cops again?

Someone should find his divorced wife (in minecraft) and frame him for her murder (in minecraft.)

>not calling 911 again to tell them you deflated a few basketballs.

>qualified immunity
Cops do not automatically get qualified immunity.
A judge must decide after a hearing if they are allowed qualified immunity.
Also, qualified immunity does not protect a police department, or a government agency. It only protects individuals who work for the government.
This means, you can sue the police department and the city or other government entity.

>sue police department
>settle with taxpayer money
that'll teach them

>Cops do not automatically get qualified immunity.
>A judge must decide after a hearing if they are allowed qualified immunity.
Yes they absolutely do get it because the prosecutor has to prove that the cop violated the rights of the person he victimized. You're right that a judge must decide but it has to be proven first.

>sue the police department
you can't sue the police department especially after having a court hearing where the qualified immunity stands.

Not him but I am, what city fucked up?

>Also, qualified immunity does not protect a police department, or a government agency. It only protects individuals who work for the government.

Its semantics at this point. The defense funded by the police union is going to take an absolute dump on the case especially after the criminal hearing finds there was nothing done wrong by the fact the cop gets away with it. You have no damages because nothing was wrong.

Thank you for your service

no
prosecutors charge criminal cases

civil suits are not brought by prosecutors.
qualified immunity is in civil cases.

Think your niggers will like this one youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE

>prosecutors charge criminal cases
Yea no shit but the defense attorney is going to point to the fact that the cop was innocent in the previous case. Stop being obtuse. The effects of the qualified immunity is going to chill a civil case.

Its the same shit where if you are found innocent in a defensive shooting the family of the perp isn't gonna be able to hold a candle in a civil suit especially when you did nothing wrong.

>funded by the police union
I pay money into a legal defense fund.
I also pay for insurance.

no, they're high school bullies that didnt go to jail, or were too fat, stupid, or untrustworthy to be in the military.
whats your favorite boot brand, by flavor?

Police chiefs are almost appointed/fired by elected officials, so yeah. If you live around a bunch of shitheads, you're always going to suffer somehow.

>I pay money into a defense fund
I'm sure you do, it'll probably buy like 80 hours of lawyer to take on the fucking union.

>pay insurance
who gives a shit about your personal insurance they aren't going to front your suit.

treat cops like any other person, don't trust them until you're confident that they can be trusted

cops aren't people

you have no clue what you are talking about

all people are innocent until proven guilty.

the court has rules.
rulesofevidence.org/
these rules dictate what the judge can consider at a hearing and what is not admissible.
the rules apply to both the plaintiff and the defendant because it is a civil case involving qualified immunity.

The judge must make a decision on the facts presented to him, following the rules of evidence.
testimony is evidence.
a criminal case and a civil cases are separate.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty in a criminal case
but during a civil case he was found responsible for the deaths of his wife and boyfriend.

>all people are innocent until proven guilty.
Stop spewing this shit you know it doesn't apply to cops that have the DA in their pocket. You think this guy is innocent?

oh no, he might lose his job and keep a fat 90% pension, how will he ever survive