Can we get an NFA general thread?

Can we get an NFA general thread?

Does Jow Forums own any NFA items. I'm waiting on a Omega 45K suppressor. Does anyone else own these. I went with a compact 45k suppressor for a multi-caliber pistol and 300 blackout can (both super and sub).

Also got a Kraken 9. I'm waiting for.

Attached: Omega 45k.jpg (1800x1200, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

totalityindustries.com/shop?olsPage=products/1-dot-145-60-degrees-skirtless-cone-b-cell-grade-5-titanium
nfalawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/41F-Amendment.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>paying for a cuck stamp

I want a quality suppressor instead of those do it yourself kits

Anyone have experience with an NFA Trust?
I want the people in my household on it so that anything can be used when I am away for defense or practice. Wife, Daughter and Son In Law and myself.

I dont own cause I'm a single man but I do plan on willing them to my family when I get them. However Silencershop kiosks can be used to create one. If you live in a major metropolitan area or can friendly state there is likely one near you.

I've used a silencershop "one shot" trust for a can and it's been approved. Trust came set up with just me, and they also sent me some pre-made amendments to add and remove other people.

Form 4 wait times are getting ridiculous. I’m on day 264 since the ATF took my money and I’m apparently nowhere close to approval.

>cucking to big daddy govt and paying them $200 for the privilege and permission to modify your property
lol

Need NFA repeal to lead to the time of tears for Boomers who see their collections instantly drop to a fraction of their current value.

It's a bitch now to have to get everyone's paperwork together for every purchase. Beware that when little Jimmy and Sally go off to college or get married it's going to make every acquisition that much harder. That said I think it's smart if you care at all about inheritance of the firearms. The most important thing is that anyone who has access to the firearm while you are gone (ie anyone who knows the safe combination) is on the trust.

September date here, I feel you.
They're doing July applications now.

Yea and I've handed over thousands to the DMV and FAA.

Most boomers lucked into getting a single NFA gun back when they were priced appropriately and are never getting rid of it. The vast majority of NFA owners/collectors are either shooters or dealers, both of which would rather see a larger volumes of these guns available.

Totality industries
Sdta
Diversified machine
All quality solvent trap ,skiers, 17-4 stainless, grade 5 ti, grade 9 ti.

Shall google

Have a standard trust but its just myself. I keep it just myself as it simplifies the FBI background check. The trust however is written in a way where I can add a beneficiary on the fly so if I am dying I can add someone to transfer the items out.

Attached: leM16A2life.jpg (3264x2448, 2.62M)

cans really are not worth it imo for the average shooter.

Attached: 1538181462818.jpg (881x960, 70K)

I just got my (((stamps))) approved to build a Form 1 can. It's going to be a 6.8" B cell tube from SDTA with a 3 lug adapter mount. I'm going to put a 3 lug brake on the suomi, possibly the AR9, and I'm looking into getting one built into the original barrel for the VZ61.

I'm not sure what to use as baffles yet. I want to go with aluminum, but I don't know if I want to use 60 degree "storage cups" which I could get a set of super cheap, like $40, or something like these.

totalityindustries.com/shop?olsPage=products/1-dot-145-60-degrees-skirtless-cone-b-cell-grade-5-titanium

I want aluminum baffles for weight and ease of drilling through. My buddy did a Form 1 can a while back with titanium baffles, and they took forever to drill through and the bit walked on several of them.

Attached: IMG_0760.jpg (2500x3075, 3.67M)

Go with a d cell.
Not much weight difference, better suppression. Also I say go with a liberty booster and a fixed barrel spacer. You can still get a three lug if you want later or better yet get a griffin taper mount adapter and brake. Cheaper and also better.

Also don’t do aluminum, it’s garbage. 17-4 isn’t that hard to drill and if you want low weight you can get ti.
Yes, it’s hard to drill but it’s worth it.

this is me
I have my items on a trust. Pre 41F, it was awesome. My brother was on it, and it was easy to buy items.. just submit the trust. Now, post 41F, i need two passport photos and two fingerprint cards per trustee, per item, as well as a separate "responsible persons" form submitted for each trustee for each item. I elected to remove my brother from my trust since I am buying a bunch of things now and it's a pain in the ass enough for me to do it for myself. I kept my trust so all my items are registered to the same thing, plus my brother is still listed as a beneficiary.

There are a couple terms that are important too. You can have someone, say your wife or son, be a beneficiary, so if you die, they get the items. They do not have to be a "responsible person" to be a beneficiary. I believe "responsible persons" must be 18, since they are one who can buy, posses, and use the NFA items. You need the photos and fingerprints for "responsible persons," but not necessarily the beneficiary, unless they are also a "responsible person".

I used a 199 trust, and currently it has 5 approved items on it, with two more pending
>7.62x39 krink receiver (should be approved in the next couple days)
>dead air wolverine (at least 5 months out)

Attached: IMG_1015.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

It's not going on a pistol so I don't need a booster. I elected to do the 3 lug mount because I don't really like the exposed threads on the outside of a brake adapter, and direct thread is even gayer. Eventually, I hope all of my subguns will have a 3 lug mount.

I mulled over D cell, but IMO it's too big. My .45acp AAC Tirant is a smaller diameter than a D cell tube, and it makes .45acp hearing safe. It also has aluminum baffles, which are just fine even after thousands and thousands of rounds through my 1911, AR9, vz61, suomi, and Glock 26. It's fine for 9mm.

> t. nocanz

What's to stop you removing everyone from the trust, buying more NFA with just your info, then adding people back on to the trust when you get your stamps back?

Literally nothing

All you'd have to do is remove this page from the back of the trust. You see, the ATF has zero control over trust laws and what I do with my trust.
nfalawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/41F-Amendment.pdf

This. Thanks for typing all of this up. This is/was my situation with my dad on the trust. Now just have the wife as beneficiary. Trusts are still a good way to do things but not as nice as before.

>go to file for an SBR
>shit came up, needed the funds for somethin else
>try to file for SBS like a year later
>denied cause state laws I forgot about
>gonna file for SBR again
>i1639 passes and worried it'll bite me in the ass if they know I manufactured a semiauto rifle but didnt do any of the cuck shit

Attached: Screenshot_20190302-202652_Snapchat.jpg (1080x1920, 876K)

Is this the best mounting system? Q makes fun of literally all other options and also the press seems to like it a lot.

Attached: 4052DE8C-9BF8-4508-882F-F29434FE3186.jpg (1500x843, 468K)

DA Keymo is best

It’s like 4 oz heavier for no good reason.

>Live in VA
>TX resident
>Moving to NY at the end of the year.
I feel like my time to purchase a legal suppressor is running out fast. What do bros?
Can I do paperwork for a TX address living in VA?
Can I just use my address in VA with a TX ID?
Does any of this even matter because possession of a suppressor in NY is illegal, defeating the purpose of doing this shit legally?

Attached: Manta-Cover-1.jpg (640x422, 80K)

I'm up to 6 stamps (4 suppressors and 2 SBR's). The one not pictured is a Hybrid I brought home a week ago. Will have to take a new pic soon. Still waiting on an Octane 45 to arrive at my dealer and I have a Form 1 can to complete whenever SilencerShop gets their Form 1 service back online.

Attached: 20190329_193637_20190329195628325.jpg (3610x2298, 3.85M)

Hard disagree. Not only are they a lot of fun they are highly advantageous for home defense.

Attached: 20190430_192534.jpg (2560x1440, 3.45M)

is it possible to silence a cannon

What suppressor should I get for a 16" 308 AR? I was gonna go for the new KAC but I'm never sure.

Attached: CRS.jpg (1641x813, 121K)

Do you like that 1.5x acog?

KAC suppressors are like even more gucci surefire. Top quality stuff that's highly proven but not the cutting edge of innovation.

>this kills the poorfags soul

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-145243.png (1403x2048, 2.86M)

I actually love it. It has become my all time favorite general purpose optic. You do get a bit more tunnel visioned in when doing close range drills but I find that with the shot timer my target transitions and low ready to fire times are not discernably different than with my aimpoint. Plus you get the advantage of that wonderful trijicon glass making your sight picture more vivid and crisp than real life which helps a lot if you are trying to pick a target out beyond 100yds. Then the ACSS reticle of course gives you auto ranging and BDC out to 500yds. I have tried it and the BDC is right on if you true it. Zero at 25yds to get pretty close with a 10.3" barrel. I used this setup in a carbine class earlier this year and got the top score in the test at the end beating the instructor.

Just bought one of these last month through SilencerShop. Hopefully gets back to me before 2020.....

Attached: 61D5E7BC-C6F2-4DD7-96A1-A9048A6310F4.jpg (1600x1200, 184K)

SBR or brace? I want to SBR my braced pistol but I’m hesitant.

>whole point of NFA was to discourage ownership
GOTTEM GUYS

I have 5 actually but good counter argument.

I see, I am sure you are speaking from the multiple times you have had to defend your home with deadly force. I can agree on the meme factor but that is really all they have. rifles are not even really hearing safe unless you are shooting subsonic expect for pistols

Attached: DSC_3445-2.jpg (6000x4000, 3.39M)

Sandman

>for no good reason.
1/2 turn on, 1/2 turn off
Ratcheting lock
Actually effective brake OR flash hider

lol Go outside sometime kid.

I got a silencersop one for myself and the wife last summer. worked fine, retardedly simple. Just got the Hybrid out of jail, pretty fucking happy. Fun fact, I got my stamp back before i got my BOGO Octane

Oh only a couple times a week or so these days and half the time the invaders run away when they see how expensive all my gear is and how cool I look wearing it. The flash and blast from firing a rifle indoors is ludicrous though, even if you aren't hearing safe with suppressed supers it's a huge improvement.

to me, Q just seems like a bit of slick marketing with average to below average products. but again, very very slick marketing

I don't know about best, it's good though. Super lightweight, never carbon locks, repeatable zero shift. It does what it advertises. I just wish there was a flash hider version of it. If you want to shoot unsuppressed it works well as a brake but it's quite the loudener and flash enhancer. At least give us some sort of flash can attachment to direct all that shit forward.

>average to below average products

I don't think many people with actual hands on experience with their stuff would think so.

Howdy all,
Just ordered an AK pistol, I'd like to get a quick detach can with a flash hider for it. Preferably a 3 prong because I like how it looks. Problem is, it's the PSA AK-P, and according to their sight it's threading is "M24x1 1/2 RH". I'll be honest, I don't really understand what that means, but from what I can tell no standard AK can will fit on it.

Anybody know of anything that fits the bill?

MP5 with brace or SBR MP5?

Attached: 429E6946-AB49-4960-92AD-3E9BFC63862D.jpg (960x540, 87K)

Thanks for the insight.

ideally sbr but also fuck funding the atf so brace.

Wait there is a somewhat legal way to own a suppressor without a stamp? How? Explain this now

>average to below average products

I mean, do you have experience with their products directly? They have a pretty good reputation, why would you think they're average or worse?

No, it's illegal. If you don't care about getting caught, laws are just words on paper. It's just that the vast majority do care about getting caught.

What's the benefit of getting a certified stamp if you already have the paperwork?

Cgs group is garbage.
Overpriced
Use garbage aluminum for baffles when they could use ti and inferior 6061 aluminum for their tubes
Lie about their dB numbers
Hire shills and shill themselves with how great and super quiet their suppressors are

Prove literally any of that.

>I'm a cuck who gives the government money to exercise a 2nd amendment right
>lol poorfags btfo

Yeah, you tell them

my trust is just me and my father, but what happens when i want to add someone to it?
when i add my kids do i gotta do anything special?
what happens when dad dies?
>all questions i should have asked when we made the trust

Lmao prove what dumbass? They list their materials and claim lower dB numbers on 9mm than 22

>government implements tax to discourage ownership
>user rebels by not owning
edgy

>anons rebel by not paying
ftfy boomer

what is a good 22 suppressor that I can use on both a rifle and pistol?

Mask or Occulus

Do you really need me to spoonfeed you an argument, you absolutely can't defend a single "point" you made?

>Cgs group is garbage.
This is literally unquantifiable worthless opinion from a trash person.
>Overpriced
$300 for a .22 and $600 for a pistol suppressor is overpriced in the US market? What planet do you live on, that's almost bargain pricing compared to AAC, SilencerCo, Gemtech and all the rest of the big brands which charge $100 more for equivalent products.
>Use garbage aluminum for baffles when they could use ti and inferior 6061 aluminum for their tubes
Who told you 6000 series was shit for pistols and .22? The whole point of their entire lineup is ridiculously low weight, lighter even than titanium. They chose their materials wisely.
>Lie about their dB numbers
Their numbers have been verified by the likes of NFAreview
>Hire shills and shill themselves with how great and super quiet their suppressors are
They have literally no marketing department. In fact it's difficult to even find them in the wild, you have to go look for one of their very limited distributors.

There, now go to work defending your retarded arguments canlet. And don't bother replying to this post without a timestamped picture of all your cans.

Oh and side point about 6000 series aluminum, CGS puts their serial numbers right over the threads at the muzzle end of the can so if anything happens, they will just cut the damaged portion off and re-weld a new baffle stack or tube on free of charge because their warranty is badass.

cheap adapter from china
oil filter

or so I have heard

I may be biased since I have one but the Q El Camino is the one to get.

Brace today, decide if you want the stamp later.

This.
Instead of sbr you could save a bit more and suppress it.
Brace is just as good as a stock since you can shoulder it.

Any IL anons here? I heard with a C&R license you can file a sbr tax stamp.
My real question is, the address you use int he form is the address with the firearm is stored, not necessarily your personal residence/the address of the C&R?

form 1 a suppressor. you won't get a form 4 back in time. godspeed

t. check cashed in august

Attached: unknown.png (403x591, 431K)

It's legal to own a solvent trap with no paperwork because without modifying it, you can't use it as a suppressor.
To modify it into a suppressor, you have to file nfa paperwork first.

I will readily admit that I have never seen thier products in person, it's just the feeling I get with the "quirky" names and interesting packaging. I have seen that thier 22lr can does poorly in comparison tests, and I heard some rumors about shitty welds and exaggerated performance claims. Again, I cannot prove anything, that's why I said it was just my perception

Attached: 354A3CD8-4A4C-4B5C-A330-4E036C077DCB.jpg (750x752, 109K)

These dont work. They just suck chunks of filter back into the gun and jam shit up every 3-4 rounds. Dont ask me how I know

yo just efile it. It takes 10 minutes. A little inconvenient since you'll have to get prints taken and mail them in yourself, but fuck that man. My form 1 can took 27 days, it was approved a couple days ago. Thats up from the 15 day SBR I had approved last month.

Add the (?) amount of time before Silencershop gets that shit back up, and then the (?) amount of time for them to work through the backlog before you even start pending....
just
fucking
efile it

Likely it wont. I think form 4s are like 8 months right now.

Garbage because of the things I mentioned.
It’s 330 to 380, you can get a superior 22 suppressor that uses titanium or 17-4 baffles with a 7075 or ti tube for 330 to 400. Why would I get garbage aluminum when I can get 17-4 or grade 5 ti? As for 9mm, same thing, less or equal or just a bit more cost wise for superior materials. The kraken 9 is 10 oz, the obsidian is 12 oz. oh wow a whole 2 oz, all to get sub bar materials. A,so, with griffin you can get an adapter and fire some rifle calibers.

It’s cheap, 2024 or 7075 is superior. Will last longer, can handle higher pressures, etc. better still is titanium. See my point on weight above, 2 oz isn’t much. They chose them based on cost except they still charged the same or more.
Also, tactical machine has a 22 suppressor for 125 with 7075 tube, 17-4 mount and 17-4 baffles.

Didn’t show the suppressor and meter in the same shot, probably shot it wet skewing the numbers or didn’t calibrate it correctly. Numbers are too low, its a lie. Actual proof would be showing it shot with the dB meter, then using the same gun and S.A.,e ammo but with a different suppressor. There’s also no third party sources for dB numbers. He’s also a shill.

They hire shills and shill the product themselves on forums and YouTube.

I don’t have any suppressors right now nor do I need to in order to be right.

>no timestamped picture
Thought so. I just pray no one is stupid enough to take anything you've said seriously. What an absolute clown.

>ignores all points
Lmao
And, dumbfuck, I said I don’t own any cans right now.

>suppressor needs warranty work
>company sends no prepaid label
> “we only pay for return shipping”
>$83 to overnight air it bc ups says it counts as a firearm
Thanks rugged. Also:
>”this trilug adaptor doesnt fit on 4 different trilugs ive tried”
>”its not our adaptors fault, the 4 you tried were all out of spec, thats why.”
Again, thanks rugged.

Use usps.

>funding the ATF
The NFA taxes are actually a net loss for the ATF

what's the turnaround time on DD stamps?

From what i understand, ups, fedex, and usps all consider suppressors like a handgun. I could have just stuck it in a flat rate box and said nothing but its one of those things where cheaping out could lead to a world of pita if something goes wrong. It just sucks rugged wouldnt give me a prepaid. Also, the issue that needed fixing was very minor, i could have fixed it myself. Oh well, I guess i just want to bitch about having to spend $80 on shipping.
Im actually more unhappy about the tri lug thing. They make their adaptors on the tight side but im not kidding when i say its fit nothing I've tried it on. They say they working on something related to be released later this year, hopefully itll be useful.

>Be fin
>want a suppressor
>order one
>pick up 5days later
>enjoy suppressed 10/22

Sorry ameribros for your stupid nfa

I don’t think so, even if it is a dealer can ship it using usps.

>Right at 6 months
>soon.jpeg

Attached: 20190107_124656.jpg (2016x980, 406K)

Can't come soon enough.

Attached: 20190410_113005.jpg (4032x1960, 2.66M)

You wont regret it, I love mine so far. Good luck on the wait though, I just got mine last week, it took 308 days

I need to start down the suppressor road and you guys are speaking spanish to me. Is there a quick start guide to measurements? A good youtuber or site? Any info is much appreciated.

Attached: sspaaace.jpg (1280x1920, 739K)

Luckily you built it prior to the law passing or taking effect.

The only NFA items with grossly inflated values are automatics. Everything else just has a $200 stamp surcharge.

Granted, if the NFA were repealed, we'd see a bunch of cheapo aluminum and steel cans flood the market, but they wouldn't actually devalue well made mufflers, though they might canabilize some of the previous market. I doubt it, though. The existing purchasers that could be satisfied by an inferior product would likely be more than offset by new purchasers that were intimidated by the paperwork.

Finally got the stamp for muh striker 12

Attached: striker.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

you wont be able to bring anything fun to NY. just because you acquired it legally somewhere else doesn't mean you can bring it to jew york.

Attached: 1532047260413.png (500x395, 126K)

www.google.com do you understand what that means?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (640x411, 45K)

I regularly stampcheck guys at gun clubs and public ranges. I encourage everyone to do the same. We are law-abiding gun owners, are we not? Best to ensure compliance. If we have to follow the rules, so does everyone else! :)

Filed my eform for my sbr 17 days ago. Keep hearing how fat efiling is, so hoping it won't take too much longer.

Attached: 1339813157443.png (493x402, 8K)