Is England as fucked as it sounds?

I'm an American from the southeast, and my girlfriend is from England and is still living there. She really likes me, and I don't think I'll ever get someone as devoted to me as she is. She says she doesn't care about politics, but she's a liberal and just doesn't know it. Everything else about her is amazing, she just hates guns and keeps going on about how she wouldn't feel safe living in America. I've been trying to convince her to live here, but I can't sell her on it. She's just too scared. Should I keep trying to convince her to move here and give up her way of life? Or just move there and give up my freedom of speech and my right to defend myself and just find a new hobby?

Attached: 41PMl0vHY2L._AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/start-shooting/get-firearm-certificate-39303
youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58
youtube.com/watch?v=12EeoRTWuXA
gov.uk/shotgun-and-firearm-certificates
gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I know I'll go ask a board full people that probably aren't from that country, on the state of that country
Listen, you want to talk to British people and find out what life is really like (not from Daily Mail screen caps, webms etc).
This isn't a weapon issue.

>Yank fell for an E-girl

the absolute state

Good point, but I already know about the country and its culture. I'm asking more about the gun laws there and if it's really that difficult to defend yourself.

Shit's fucked bro.

You'd probably not get citizenship for years. Then once you did it would take years to get LOICENSED.

Why not have her come visit? Show her how safe most of the U.S. is. Show her our crime stats. Show her that small town USA is safer than the UK in general. Show her some pretty forests and shit.

I've got her convinced to visit, I'm just worried that won't be enough.

>keeps going on about how she wouldn't feel safe living in America
fyi Even in England this isn't normal.
t. Bong

If she's white, her chances of being shot here are the same as there. And her chance of being raped here is lower.

If you're asking, you can still shoot most things - just uh, not centrefire or semi above .22 and no different from defending yourself in any everyday situation because of weapon proliferation being non-existent.

She is about as white as it gets.

Are there any restrictions on shotguns? And what would happen if I did kill an intruder over there?

>her chances of being shot here are the same as there
[citation needed]
Your chance of being executed by cops is near zero in the UK.

Small towns in the UK are probably just as safe if not safer than the US. As with the US, its only really the big cities where (they) congregate where you get issues.

As a Brit, if you live and grew up in the country, you very rarely feel unsafe. Most cities are fine as long as you arent in the shitty part near council estates. Therefore most people dont worry about their safety much, because theres little to no threat.

Now, I completely sympathise with Americans, and when im done in the army I plan to hopefully move over at some point. However, from the point of view of a british girl whose probably grown up on social media her whole life, all she likely 'knows' about the US is that everyone has guns and theres a 'mass shooting' every 0.3146 seconds.

Yeah that's all she knows about the US and it fucking sucks.

Shotguns have some restrictions, but the license for them are shall-issue, so the cops need a reason to NOT give it to you.

shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/start-shooting/get-firearm-certificate-39303

It can depend on your local force and jury in court you get, but it comes down to what can be defined as "reasonable force" - kinda sameish you can get in some states about "stopping" the threat and not gunning someone whilst they're on the floor.
It works both ways, my dude, some people in the US believe that it is a 1984 hellscape that as an oppressive, but ineffectual police force.

Honestly, someone whose got the ideals i assume you have based on the fact that youre on Jow Forums, you wouldnt like living here. You can only really fuck about with guns at your leisure if you have a lot of money and a lot of land. Hence your best plan of action, as others have said, is to get her to visit you. Take her out hiking, show her how beautiful the US is, the lifestyle etc. When shes over there, have a talk about guns, convince her to go to a gun range with you and have a go. If she doesnt like it, she doesnt like it, but at least she will be more educated and know that the average US gun owner isnt a psychotic baby killer. If she does like it, then great, youve got yourself a waifu.

Good point on both and thanks for the info man. I've got a lot to think about.

Bong Gunsmith here. Defending yourself frankly is going to be a non issue for the most part. Like America if you live outside cities, violent crime rates are hilariously low. That said, if you do have a desire to defend yourself, improvised weapons and your fists are as good as it gets legally. I'm not happy about this, but that is the current state of it.

As for Gun ownership I'm not completely sure on the legality of a non-citizen acquiring a license. Category 2. Shotgun licenses are pretty easy to get if you meet the requirements. Category 1 Firearms (Anything other than a shotgun basically) are hard to get but not impossible you just have to prove why you need one. Handguns are obviously illegal (though retarded longpistols are fine.) unless you live on the Isle of man where handguns are legal.

Thanks, I'll probably do that.

Time to bulk up then, boys

>she's a liberal and just doesn't know

Obviously you never going to be able to convince her to be lenient and open about guns. It sounds like you guys are politically to far away from each other.
At some point she going t o start demanding that you let go of certain hobbies or cut down on it. She sounds like she never ever going to fully accept your viewpoints and American culture. You obviously going to get burnt in the long term. It even sounds like she will never ever consider moving to USA

My advice: save yourself some trouble and drop her. or start confronting her about these. things to find out if she is a keeper. If you move to England say goodbye to your gun rights and right to self defense.

All I know about the isle of man is that it host the isle of man TT and, now, it's legal to own handguns there.

That may be the most based island I know of.

Absolutely none of this is true, is it?

Attached: battle.jpg (640x387, 111K)

No fucking Limes allowed. You're basically a traitor, OP. Move to England.

No speed limits outside the towns either.

Good point, but I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to find anyone that loves me like she does. I've known her for years and she's been a good girlfriend. This is the only thing we disagree on.

>If you move to England say goodbye to your gun rights and right to self defense.
I mean, that's not true, but lets not get facts in the way of beliefs.

Same here if you dont behave like a violent criminal.

English chicks get fat and ugly fast!

Attached: 1474548680789.png (1440x960, 1.49M)

No pistols unless they have a dumb barrelweight or stock to make them a certain length (just get a Colt Buntline, lmao), no non-bolt action or lever rifles above .22 (I think?), no pump shotguns, yes to semi-auto shotguns with a capacity of three rounds.

I think about covers it? You're fairly limited in the calibre of rifles too, IIRC.

Like others have said though, unless you live in a really shitty area, you'll be fine. Lived in suburban areas for most of my life, with a few years in a city for Uni, and never had any issues.

If you wanna keep your funs, just make her move over to you. Play this at her constantly: youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58

I'm from Britain (Northern Ireland). England, Scotland and Wales have REALLY bad gun laws. Like, really bad. You can only own a shotgun as long as it holds less than 3 shells, can't own regular pistols at all (must have a bunch of attachments to increase length, making it look retarded), can't own pretty much any semi-auto rifle (of any calibre) and getting licences for bolt action is difficult. Not to mention the cost of getting a licence in the first place. Also, self defence is illegal in most situations. Guns are very frowned upon and seen as weird, unless you're in a very rural area.

Northern Ireland is the best place for guns in the UK but even it sucks. Only can get pistol after extensive paperwork. Can get semi-auto .22 but only after extensive paperwork. Open carry is actually legal here, which is weird. But not recommended at all, you'd probably still get arrested. Pretty much the most Jow Forums thing you're ever going to rock is a ruger 10/22 or a .22 conversion of an AK, which is just retarded. However, there is a strong agricultural community, so owning a shotgun isn't unusual or strange. All police carry glocks, which is more Jow Forums than nofuns mainland police.

I've considered moving to the US because nobody in the UK actually understands what it means to not be trampled on constantly by the state and police. They have no sense of individual liberty and gladly let themselves get pushed around and abused.

So, DO NOT MOVE TO THE UK.

Attached: mainland uk legal %22pistol%22.jpg (660x240, 30K)

I've heard worse plans desu

Move there, we don't need her kind in this country.

I knew a guy who married his British wife in California.
His dad bought them cruise tickets to Mexico.
She got deported when they pulled back into Long Beach.
Dreg customs agents were laughing in his face about it. Prolly 2005.

OP should marry you instead of that statist cunt.

Except it is objectively true?

>Handguns are legal on the Isle of Mann

Huh, TIL. Thanks user, that's interesting to know.

It's quite pretty, from what I've seen. Locals are weird though: youtube.com/watch?v=12EeoRTWuXA

OP here, I'm in.

Come now, don't pretend otherwise. You're fully aware of what shit the cops get away with blasting CC carriers.

Here's a quick rundown of our gun laws

Attached: omo58epvmez11.png (1559x5528, 1.18M)

....well...now I know where I'm going to die. The question now is when.

But it's not since you can both own firearms and apply reasonable force?

gov.uk/shotgun-and-firearm-certificates

gov.uk/reasonable-force-against-intruders

Both from gov websites.

Gun rights in USA compared to England is miles apart. Please enlighten me if you have greater insight to the gun laws of England as i have only from word of mouth and media.

>White
>Liberal
>Not into guns
She probably enjoys getting blacked, user.

OP here. Hot. I hope she does.

Cuckold faggot. Move to England we have enough weak men in the US already

>Trusting UK legislation after officers easedrop on citizen's internet posting.
Good one.

She's surprisingly racist for being as liberal as she is.

Sure the gun rights are miles apart, but if you read the thread - you can get firearms and you can defend yourself.

God, I always forget that it's completely legal to own a bolt-action .50 cal.

On one hand, it seems so stupid to ban semi-auto stuff above .22 and allow it, but on the other, if someone turns up with a .50 cal sized hole in them, the list of suspects will be short.