/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

/meg/ MREs edition
Old: >>LOYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
>>LOYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 095F40F2-9DFC-4F9D-B430-6FD3D8F4B99C.jpg (750x751, 555K)

Is there any military job I could do where I can leave my family at home and see them semi-regularly?

I have LEO/Corrections experience and a (yes I know, useless) degree in criminal justice. What do Jow Forums? What do?

I have constant swells of homicidal rage that is very difficult to control

what branch should I join

BASED AND REDPILLED HOLY SHIT

Attached: 58374676_10157332836978713_5359073171892862976_n.jpg (720x960, 65K)

These threads are made by fucking recruiters and you guys are falling right for their bait

Open your eyes Jesus Christ

Seek help

Attached: 57373135_2241278566137466_368756700804546560_o.jpg (1280x1280, 105K)

how about you go fuck yourself pussy

Recruiting rates are down and they know they can trick neckbeard 4channel dorks into becoming their pawns

Don't fall for it, lads

Nah I'm saving you guys from a hellish existence, trust me

Find a better purpose than helping the fucking US military industrial complex

Look somewhere else

Attached: 1557078690030.jpg (500x566, 94K)

I want to work with overweight E-7 single mothers who name their kids dumb shit like "Wolf" and are generally miserable cunts who can't do their job. E-7s who only keep their job because everyone else has the common sense to move on.

What Navy allows me to surround myself with such amazing people?

Post one enlistedfag/prior enlistedfag who has their life together.

Enlistedfags who commissioned don't count.

Attached: How to Spot a US Navy Chief in Public.png (1360x1070, 1.3M)

None
Look elsewhere

t. overweight Navy female with an unwarranted sense of self-importance and a disastrous personal life she constantly brings to work

Your kid will be just as much of a fuckup as you are.

Shill general

Fuck off US government

Attached: 2019-05-12 12.14.41.jpg (3492x3492, 2.56M)

Why would i have kids in the 21st century you absolute waste

Fuck off shill

Its so fuckin obvious lmao

Sup recruiters

I want to work for Sgt Jamal who barely made it through highschool. Thanks for making that happen, /meg/. I've always wanted the opportunity to have the barely literate control every aspect of my life. And if I disobey, its a federal crime.

Why experience college life in your 20s when you could surround yourself with the ghettos/trailer parks best?

Food in the Air Force isn't that great. You'd want BAS preferably. Pic related was the food at my tech school.

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-125740_Gallery.jpg (1079x486, 365K)

Don't forget, enlisting in the military will ensure that your early 20s will be the absolute peak of your life and you'll have to build your entire personality around the fact that you were in the military (even though your military career didn't amount to much, but don't tell those dastardly civies that).

Attached: how militaryfags live.jpg (1464x974, 230K)

>Food in the Air Force isn't that great.
Then why is everyone in the Air Force overweight?

Why is everyone in the military overweight.

Loooooool

Oh you're right, compared to the crayons this isn't that great

1 year in. So far I've
>Met great friends that all went to different bases but still keep contact
>Got addicted to energy drinks
>Developed a drinking problem
>Took up smoking (On and off)
>Broke up with my ex I was with before I was in the military
>Got in two unstable relationships after that
>Got engaged to a borderline prostitute after knowing them shortly just to have the relationship fall apart when I PCS
>Somehow got in the best shape of my life and got serious muscle gains
>Took up a lot of new hobbies like swimming
>Go hiking or do some outdoors activities every weekend.
>Lots of college credits and opportunities
>Got on and off depression

>this
I did my time, enjoyed it, would do it again. However, I got out and used my GI bill to get my degree, a nice white collar fed job, start a family.

For some reason some people kinda never move on and live in the past like the small town highschool football star that never stops talking about the "glory days"

Sounds like a horrid existence

Brainwashing successful

Lol DQd at meps

Yeah, pretty terrible living the American dream upper middle class life. Enjoy NEEThood friend.

Yeah unironically
Brainwashed slave

What’s the best guarantee way to get a pilot slot? I’m heading for college (already registered for AFROTC) next month to get my private pilots license (part of my major in flight) which I’ve been told helps, along with a high gpa and nailing field training and the AFOQT.

Attached: 0DF436FD-B389-4455-B6F5-F668B733C6B9.jpg (750x718, 337K)

Scum leech drink bleach. NEETs deserve castration.

>doubling down on brainwashed rhetoric
Sad desu

If you get a slot could you crash it into the WTC for me? Thanks boss

Attached: 1556647789525.jpg (1024x1024, 215K)

>it's another "mom is a psycho bitch terrorizing the entire house on Mother's Day for no reason" episode
I'm getting tired of this whole living with your parents while attending college thing. Is the military a good place to escape this bullshit, and replace it with a different kind of bullshit? I've got an associates if that helps.

Joining is a bigger choice than just "mom's being a bitch i wanna get away"
High school isn't that bad either

Just make sure your enlistment is short as possible, and when you are in be sure not to bullshit. Shoot for a military job that gives you time to pursue a degree and learn a useful skill.

DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY

Your parents regret your life, give them the gift of freeing up their basement this mothers day.

Nice LARP, recruiter shill

Nah they don't I just called them earlier today

I'm going to save the world for you guys, don't worry ^_^
Peace

Attached: images(7).jpg (280x180, 9K)

Eirher do a short enlistment for GI bill and some life experience, or do the full 20-25 and retire at 39-40. Only two ways to do it right.

Fuck it, sounds way better than my current life. If I can't get my shit together and find my way back to college soon, I think I'll enlist.

alcoholic with pretty bad emotional issues and no education

Not a chance I could tolerate college without killing myself or someone else

but, I can do like 200 push ups without stopping

which branch pls and thank you

Lol
Dont listen to the recruitment shill
Seek help before joining

between air force and navy which service is a better choice if i wanna enlist and eventually commission after finishing a bachelors?

There are more paths to life than military and college

Deprogram yourself before it's too late

no fuck you recruiting faggot i wont seek any help im just gonna get off the bus and do it bitch

Neither
Think for yourself instead of become a brainwashed soldier
Still epic

I'm not a recruiter
I'm saving you from their manipulation

You sound mentally weak (no offense) and they'd love fucking your head up

My understanding is that the AF puts a lot more emphasis on education for enlisted personnel than the Navy does.

Reminder that joining any branch of US military is voluntarily giving yourself up as cannon fodder for Israel wars.
Just join a militia or something.

Attached: 1557015971964.jpg (2128x1628, 246K)

Nah, I went to school to get my engineering degree with the plan of working for Raytheon or something similar to design weapons. The academic side of school is piss-easy for me, but I've really been unable to discipline myself enough to get homework done. I figure some time in the military will get me enough discipline to finish my degree, get myself a security clearance, and give myself an edge in the hiring process since most defense contractors like hiring vets.

>350Z
A meme in car form. How anyone can be swindled into buying one is beyond me.

>i wanna enlist and eventually commission after finishing a bachelors?
Air Guard or Coast Guard

>discipline myself enough to get homework done.
join the Guard

What's with this thread and how many cringy shills screaming about muh brainwashing or muh joos there are this time? It's not usually like this.

Attached: left leaning.jpg (500x476, 47K)

Attached: 1555728229333.jpg (600x960, 91K)

>shills screaming about muh brainwashing or muh joos there are this time?
nerds that are unqualified to join and like a crab, they try to drag everyone else down with them

I mean, there's another thread that just went up about us potentially beginning a regime change in Iran soon. I'd imagine that's attracted some anti-war retards to this board like it usually does.

Didnt mention jews once

Its just blatantly obvious that it's military recruiters who make and sustain this general for anyone gullible enough to fall for it

Try again!

this makes sense
what makes the air guard better than active duty?

see

It's one guy, maybe two max.

Not anti-war, just anti-brainwashing

Military recruiters have these tactics down and its disgusting

Attached: 1553894046397.png (1080x1331, 938K)

>what makes the air guard better than active duty?
you can go to school full time, it's pretty difficult going to school on active duty

I wonder how many recruiters are perusing these threads?
Wonder if they'd identify themselves?
Based!
Yep!

(I'm )
Any reason why I should consider guard over active? I figured 4-5 years doing something relatively interesting as an intel analyst would set me up well for life. I'm only 21 right now, so it's not like I'd be old when I got out.

Shit, reversed the 2 posts I was replying to. My bad.

Become an intel analyst and then whistleblow once your time is up

2 birds 1 stone

some people just wanna leave home, get a cool haircut, bang whores, get knifed by said whore(s), then fuck off and retire at 40

>I've really been unable to discipline myself enough to get homework done
>I think the military will fix my problems

Looooooooooooooooooool UNREAL

see

what if i already have an associates degree, ~70 hrs of credits already.

Yes, as a result of "social engineering" (brainwashing)

Open your mind bro

you'll be an E-3 when you enlist

i dont need to open my mind, i got trips.

School full time AND military brainwashing?

Grim grim grim as all hell

>i dont need to open my mind
Rethink that thought. Do it every day. Ask yourself "what did he mean by this?"

Protip:
Question everything the recruiters tell you. EVERYTHING

Blindly accept NOTHING.

Attached: Christ_Pantokrator _Cathedral_of_Cefalù _Sicily.jpg (2000x1500, 1.21M)

Pretty much this. Get it in writing on your contract, or it was never discussed.

Is that a fact worth celebrating? What does that give me, two less months before I can get a rank of actual substance/pay?

yesterday i got a cut on my foot at the beach, it does not seem to be infected and appears to be healing ok, however i ship out in 9 days..... will i be fucked? i can walk okay right now , but am keeping off of it so it will heal. am i fucked ???

Attached: 1516224497718.png (600x598, 293K)

But that's the mindset of every enlistedtard. They don't want an experience, they want a new mommy/daddy since their real ones failed to create a functional adult.

This is why they fall to pieces once they leave the military, they forever remain children.

Attached: first deployment starter pack.jpg (1669x1105, 226K)

Its bootcamp, not fucking A&S. Who cares?

If the person wants to change and is willing to get with the program, the military can definitely instill discipline that'll last a life time. The problem is that a lot of people who think they want to change aren't actually willing to.

So is it 20 or 21 for Army SF i keep getting different answers from people

>Post one enlistedfag/prior enlistedfag who has their life together.
Intel MOS/ratings do pretty well

Attached: 1429105968752.jpg (1600x982, 677K)

21 on entry of the Q-course I think, but most SOF and SF guys are mid to late twenties or thirties

idk its just that ive been waiting to ship for a while and have had to wait very long for a waiver, i wanted to enjoy my last week as a neet, in relative comfort and not worry, but now im worrying about my cut not healing in time... i may be blowing things out of proportion, but if i had gotten the same cut literally anywhere else on my body this wouldnt be an issue ( except benis or balls) . i think it will be fine by the time im done with reception batt

Attached: tuq238wn1y501.jpg (813x551, 163K)

>Post one enlistedfag/prior enlistedfag who has their life together.
Any military air traffic controller that became an FAA controller

Attached: AC-235 light gunship.jpg (1800x1060, 1.3M)

>Intel
Any first-hand information on what it's like? It's surprisingly hard to find anything that really documents day to day life as an analyst.

>Any military air traffic controller that became an FAA controller
That's because FAA air traffic controllers commit just as much suicide as the military ones. A seat is always open.

>That's because FAA air traffic controllers commit just as much suicide as the military ones
source?

Unrelated but this is really the only thread where I feel like someone would have an answer.

There are definitely moral questions in regards to going into the military or a police dept, but is there anything similar to consider with joining a fire department?

I don't know why people like to group cops and firefighters together. Other than the fact that they're both first responders.

Sad desu

>Other than the fact that they're both first responders.
That's why they group them together. The difference between police and firefighters/EMT are pretty stark, especially in the US, where the EMT/firefighters do everything they can to save lives, police is some cases do everything they can do to protect themselves.

That's what I thought. Are there any "moral questions" about being a firefighter?

I'm set on joining a fire department and one of the things I like so much about it is that it's a respectable position that's pretty much morally neutral.

I'm not going to be guarding poppy fields or arresting people for pot.

>moral questions
There's moral questions inherent to any job. What those questions happen to be are entirely personal.

And some jobs are less morally sound than others

Don't sugarcoat it

I understand that, but I think you know what I mean about the morally questionable aspects of the military and police.

What I'm asking is if there are any comparable aspects to being a firefighter.

That's arguably subjective. I guess that depends on the person, though.

Right
Less morally sound individuals choose military and policing

What's with your obsession with recruiters and jews?
If a recruiter can convince you 100% through an anonymous aboriginal rock painting forum, you're an idiot and deserve whatever shitty infantry bullshit you land