Why does America have fake military academies? Is it for people who can't get into the real ones and just want to LARP?

Why does America have fake military academies? Is it for people who can't get into the real ones and just want to LARP?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/War_of_the_Rebellion_Atlas_Plate_172.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You just don't understand pageantry.

>fake military academies
what?

Sounds about right.

Virginia Military Institute, the Citadel, etc.

Eh, keeps the little shits off the streets. I'm fine with it. Are you going to one of these schools? Why?

They are for upper middle/ upper class families to dump their shitty kids into when they don't want to deal with them anymore. It's a form of passing the buck of parenting, but gives some face saving in that if their kid comes out ok they can take credit for it, but if they stay shitty then they can blame the academy.

aka every low-rated private college ever

>They are for upper middle/ upper class families
Why couldn't their kids make it into higher tier schools like Virginia Tech/whatever is considered high tier in South Carolina? Seems like a step down for a middle.upper class family. Or are you saying they are exclusively for shithead kids?

OP posted LSU ROTC and is now complaining about VMI.
VMI is a military academy, it's just state-run rather than a federal school. 285 admirals/generals, nobel laureates, medal of honor recipients, seems like a fine school.
But fuck the citadel.

What the fuck is it with those "rank" patches? They're fuckhuge and make the uniforms look like some sort of parody dress-up for a costume party or something.

Virginia Tech actually has standards.

Holy shit, what a bunch of faggots.

Looks similar to West Point rank insignia.

Literally what was the Citatel? My base was by it and every time i’d be out in town in my civies during liberty these fucks would be walking around in their ‘uniforms’ with jailbait like they were hot shit. They could incite a bar fight just by showing up, we all hated them.

Attached: C704D0BA-9C3C-47F2-9783-D8E7F752E4F4.jpg (838x520, 54K)

a really shitty community college where they lock you in like a prison at bed time

Attached: fuck the shitadel.jpg (581x206, 21K)

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/War_of_the_Rebellion_Atlas_Plate_172.jpg

A lot of academies still suck civil war uniform dick, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

"Military" institutes that have the dressings of a military school but aren't actually part of the military, it's all just for show

All of the US Merchant Marine academies EXCEPT the federal one at King’s Point NY, also do the fake military bit. You’re put in “divisions” and you muster and wear uniforms and all that.
Only KP actually has military service requirements at the end of graduation. Everyone else is playing pretend navy before they enter the civilian shipping system.

Remember the oldest brother in Malcom in the Middle? That's why. *sip*

Did ROTC at a regular school, everyone I've met from these schools has been a sperg

Military academies have been pozzed/zogged/fucked/niggered/spict/riced and scandaled to oblivion. They're memes at this point.

Attached: 1519399716801.jpg (640x622, 45K)

Tbf I can see that being somewhat useful for shop crewmen

Which schools user?

the citadel is a location in fallout 3 in which the brotherhood of steel are based

>fake military academies have better uniforms than the official Military

Attached: 1554477169515.jpg (1080x1024, 156K)

Before you pretty much had to go to your branches academy to become an officer. After realizing this didn't produce enough officers for a standing military these private institutions began to try to up our numbers. Then ROTC was created and OCS.

But yeah, nowadays it's for rich kids who wanna play army then later go on about how they could've joined but had fallen arches or something.

>Why does America have fake military academies? Is it for people who can't get into the real ones and just want to LARP?

It's for ill behaved/academically poor kids who parents feel they can't control. Almost got sent to one myself, but my parents were worried it might result in me enlisting or abandoning them after I graduate. They'd have been right.

Originally states had their own military organizations a lot more independent than the national guard. This has faded with time but in the past states had a legit need to train their own officers, especially as they wanted to keep them close to home if the federal gubmint needed to be fought against. That's why the Citadel and VMI exist. They are useless daycare centers with really shitty academics now. Avoid them.
T. Citadel Grad

What we're your actual academics like? All the adds or info I see on them stresses the military aspect a lot more than anything practical in the real world.

Laughable. I had to get another BS with my GI Bill after getting out to be employable

>LSU ROTC
Pic is of the Texas A&M fuckboy platoon. AKA Ross Volunteers. Whole program there is just a school/ROTC sponsored frat at this point.

It used to be that such academies were important in becoming an officer, now they are basically boarding schools with more flair.
Probably because they didn’t qualify or the parents didn’t care that much and didn’t have enough $$$ to grease some palms into getting their little shithead into said schools.
Sounds about right.

That's sad to hear. Dad was a Culver graduate.

Sounds like a gay ole time

>the citadel is a location in fallout 3 in which the brotherhood of steel are based
no that's the Pentagon

Attached: 10481-0-1457871867.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

Another grad here. user isn't wrong. Back when they would actually haze Knobs and the ring meant something it was worth it.

Some of my knobs just graduated and report back on the shit show that is going down there nowadays.

Friend's son is going to VMI, that place is based as fuck

Ratio of minorities to whites?

Yeah as based as it was having SS shit everywhere in the barracks I got hazed more in a frat and learned more at a rando state school.

When I was an ROTC cadet I dealt with cadets from the various senior military colleges (that’s what they’re classified as) all the time, so places like VMI, NMMI, Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, North Georgia, etc. At least from my experiences, not once did I meet someone from one of those schools who was socially competent. They’re worse than West Pointers in that regard.

>having SS shit everywhere in the barracks
wat

VMI cadet here. VMI is arguably better than most service academies and we do turn out better officers in general. It's a different experience between the intense training and more fuckery. It is a shell of what it was before the females but wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Also the cadets actually won a battle in the first boogaloo.

Wait. If you graduate from VMI you don't get to join the military as an officer?

That's stupid. This is the Institute that trained the non-West Point officer corps of the Confederacy.

>VMI has gone from the institute that trained the Confederacy officer corps to a joke?

That legit ticks me off as a South Carolinian, and I'm pro-Union.

you sound like just as much of a faggot

A disproportionate amount of the bottom block officers I've seen have been from SMAs. In term of brass tacks leadership and rapport, OCS produces the best officers, followed by green to gold, followed by ROTC, then West Point, then SMAs.

ECP lieutenants are the actual worst of the bunch, however.

Attached: 1557454255453.jpg (644x718, 102K)

When i was in NG if you didn't have the citadel ring you could just go fuck right off its like an ole boys club they would all ring bump each other and the normies hated them

One of our battalion's 2nd Lieutenants attended VMI, he was a good guy and a good leader. Guys that served under him loved him.

Good Officers are rare, and he was a good one.

Attached: U.S. Army Major Robert Eldridge.jpg (487x750, 264K)

What's ECP?

>Virginia Tech actually has standards.
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Virginia Tech is nothing but a bunch of Chinese exchange students propping up test scores of retarded frat boys and sorority sluts that make up the general population. It's embarrassing how many chinks overpopulate the campus because American kiddies can't get their shit together. When your main selling points are food and football, you know you dun goof'd as a university. I'm not saying everyone is a dumbass over there, but you've got to look around in core curriculum courses and realize just how many mouth breathing dimwits got admission just like you. Embarrassing.
t. VT alumnus

Attached: giphy (6).gif (500x281, 561K)

Why is West Point so bad?

Same as every other honorable institution -- it was invaded, subverted, and destroyed by liberal faggots. On purpose. It didn't just happen.

Attached: west point commies.jpg (576x737, 115K)

to be fair that guy isn't an example
West Point went the way of a lot of academies, shitty liberal professors on top of general military bullshit.

also that pic
>former ranger
>combat deployment
>all the cool schools
he might be a shitty commie, but you still have to admit he did good

Its usually a bunch of autists that come out thinking they're the next Patton/Bradley, when in reality they'd be just fine Lt. if they checked their ego a little bit and listened to the PSG more.

Based KP poster!
Lets be honest, USMMA is pretend navy too. The USMS? I still don't get that but apparently you can be a career marine cook and get an instant LT commission. It's a fucking joke. They don't prepare you for the military besides sitting you through monthly town halls about how we're all drunken rapists.

They do train the shit out of you to actually lead and have accountability better than any other academy. But goddamn does all the bullshit they put you through make to avoid active duty like the plague.

He also got kicked out for that pic, so...

My news feed just gave an article about West Point graduating the most black female cadets ever this year and these are the same cadets that posted a picture of themselves doing the black power salute. West Point has been infected

Hasn't VMI and The Citadel graduated more general officers than the service academies?