JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING

>Mossberg's 590DA1, intended for law enforcement, required a trigger pull of 20 pounds in order to prevent accidental discharge.

Attached: 091108second9a.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (700x407, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mossberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/590DA.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no link
Excuse me what

This, post the source or sage faggot

I have a picture of the gun showing the revolver style trigger and the unique marking. It was a complete failure and documentation is poor but here's the manual on Mossberg's website detailing the heavy pull mechanism.

mossberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/590DA.pdf

hey now this is a thread

install child proof twist locks on triggers to stop school shootings

I bet that sounded a lot funnier in your head.

what the fuck

Attached: unknown[1].png (626x112, 44K)

Like I said, it was intended for law enforcement use. Designed to be issued alongside a DAO duty pistol or revolver. There were two reasons for this. First, PD's saw it as a way to reduce liability, second, cops that were noguns prior to becoming cops and were only experienced with their DAO service pistols were found to be 'staging' their triggers while holding the gun on a suspect, pulling through partly, which can be done on a revolver but was getting people shot accidentally when those same cops were given shotguns. They were trying to fix a training problem with hardware, never a good idea.

Local police department accepts that their officers are more dangerous than the average gun owner, and orders shotguns accordingly. More at eleven.

I thought police were elite operators. Why do they always need retard triggers?

When a cop gets killed because of bad equipment it's a big deal in the department and for his family but politically, it's nothing. When a member of the public gets killed and the media can say it was because the PD issued weapons with "hair triggers" it's a big deal citywide or even nationally.

>I thought police were elite operators.

imagine being even half this retarded

Your sarcasometer broken?

That's kinda dope tho

absolute state of piggos

Attached: 1523436634419.png (638x359, 247K)

>M590DA1
that's a big stamp

Attached: 1557195887291.jpg (720x720, 58K)

>dope tho
t. IQ of a fork.

Good, cops are retarded.
I've never met an intelligent LEO.

Intelligence has no bearing on this. With a trigger like that they're liable to miss their target which is simply dangerous.

>police
>elite operators
lolwut, maybe FBI HRT or NYPD SWAT. Most are just there for muh badge or for that pension money but didn’t want to do 20 years in the military.
Intelligent or not there is no need whatsoever for such a long trigger pull on a shotgun. Hell even the most mentally retarded fatass Jow Forumsommando larper could still properly train to avoid such a ridiculous thing being necessary. It’s a little unnerving just how little training the average LEO receives in such matters, even moreso when they actually have legal power alongside it.

It’s not officer training, it’s politics. The only extensive user of this shotty is the dutch police. They chose it because, roughly translating “when an officer uses lethal force they should be required to think through what they are doing, taking a shot with a firearm should not be instant”

>not realising that guy was being snarcastic

>iq of a cop
ftfy

They want to ensure that nobody accidentally buys this abomination.