Thoughts on the Italian navy of WW2?

Thoughts on the Italian navy of WW2?

Attached: italian ammo.jpg (1280x1000, 302K)

Why is there pasta inside ammo?

Cordite

It’s british

>doesn’t recognize explogetti

>italians actually think this is how guns work

Attached: 1554624366875.jpg (750x573, 30K)

>exploghetti
Kek

Nothing spectacular exept for the 10th MAS

>google cordite
>it's real
Holy shit. I thought OP's pic was literally pasta and you were trolling. You just blew my mind.

Attached: 1552440666346.jpg (328x320, 21K)

The organizational and the high command was retarded.

The most successful action came from the special forces ( decimal Mas) or from commanders that operated screwing the chain of command and according to their own intuition.
Among them I must remember Carlo Fecia Di Cossato, pheraps one of the greatest seaman ever the only one that was successful in both submarine warfare (he sunk 96kton of ships and with surface vassels) the action in Corsica was just kino.

Attached: 170px-Carlofeciadicossato.jpg (170x239, 8K)

cordite

I recall reading that their submarine force, while large and theoretically good, was hampered by problems. Namely; their subs were clumsy on the surface and worse underwater.The reason for this was obvious. Their con towers were unusually large due to a large, well equipped galley.
Can't fight the allies without gnocchi.

Amongst all the insane retardation that was Fascist Italy's war, the Navy was borderline the least retarded. I mean, they were routinely humiliated by the British at every chance (Taranto!) but they didn't do as bad as the Army, RA or the hilarious Fascist troops.

Problem is, Fascist Italy was piss-poor and corruption prone. Some of the designs were borderline good (hell, they even managed to sell some destroyers to the SU) but often hampered by subpar doctrine and corruption didn't help (one of the biggest scandals that rocked the regime was about subpar naval armour sold at a premium). Sum that with lesser industrial capacity and some puzzling decisions ( private researchers got working radars and the Navy refused to give 'em resources). On the positive, it was one of the less "political" pieces of the armed forces. Prob is, after a while SUPERMARINA started to be terrified by the British and lived under a costant sense of inferiority, as no one wanted to take responsibility for a naval loss or for ship losses, so no one ever took initiative because they were scared shitless, even when the results could have been nice. The X Mas guys literally trucked on alone. The sub force was outdated and suffere massive losses for no gain, and while some captains were good men like Di Cossato some were prone to huge overclaiming (two US battleships, duh). Also, as an extra, remember that Italy almost completely lacked the fuel for proper operation. As all of Italy's efforts, it was futile, tragic, and somewhat amusing.

>he doesnt realize that guns actually work like this

it's hardly out of the ordinary for the royal navy to thrash you
well, it wasn't, I suppose now it would be the US navy

..Is dry spaghetti allowed on airplanes? Asking for a friend

Attached: dolan_nalod.png (500x498, 72K)

Mussolini was a disaster for Italy. Only Luigi Cadorna could approach his ineptitude.

It’s that FireSketti!

>loading rifle mag
>into pistol
This image bothers me every time I see it

>the Navy was borderline the least retarded.
Which probably means we've listened the most to the Italians themselves here about how shit went down and the least to German generals looking for a scapegoat.

The bomb sniffers know the difference.

Very aesthetic camo pattern

Attached: F8B1D13B-B6AD-4C4E-A42C-49B4D4143D46.jpg (318x159, 9K)

They should have just loaded the italian navy shells with anchovy's foot odor so it will melt through any armor.

Attached: anchovy's biological weapons!.jpg (2916x1800, 1.6M)