Why did helicopters fall out of fashion?

Attached: ah-64-apache-longbow_008.jpg (1200x800, 88K)

Because they didn't.

they didn't

Air assault is a failed doctrine with limited scope in both conventional and counter insurgency warfare. The use of Apaches as independent maneuver elements failed and they were shown to work better as fire support for ground forces.

I though they were designed to be tank hunters?
Did we just stop fighting anyone with the money to buy tanks?

Attack helicopters are just too expensive, limiting the targets it's sensible to use them against

Transport choppers are still vital to operating in mountains or marshes

This

Helicopter failed because Apache was used wrong. It is helicopter fault not American fault. America numbawan!

I> though they were designed to be tank hunters?
>Did we just stop fighting anyone with the money to buy tanks?
That's exactly it

Chang go and stay go
Somebody get the Tiananmen square pasta up in here

>I though they were designed to be tank hunters?

Attack helicopters are designed to provide support for ground forces, they can wipe out armored columns but that's just one aspect of their mission. Attack helicopters have been aiding US and coalition troops in the ME since 2001, so not sure what kind of reddit spoon feed me shit the OP wants. They're lesser used in the high mountains of Afghanistan because they lose lift and are prone to stalling at low speeds though.

The answer is to combine the two. So the Hind.

Because the 'copter has been outdone in every way by pic related

Attached: tiltrotor.jpg (768x576, 51K)

This. They only "fell out of fashion" because we're no longer expecting to be fending off columns of Russian tanks storming the Fulda gap. They're still effective, but there are cheaper options for dropping bombs on goatherders.

I think you might be an idiot

>dakkas your flight path

Attached: BEHT-07-1.jpg (2953x1902, 2.24M)

What the fuck are you talking about.

Cause drones are starting to become a lot more cost effective for short range ground support. Most of the cost of a helicopter is training the crew to man it; replace that with a drone and make the training quicker, easier, and a lot more "capable" people to take the position.

thats not a longbow you retard

Uh-huh, including crashing and killing its crew right?

Why did the thread continue past this point?

well osprey is safer than any other non fixed wing aircraft in usa service, so yeah

>V-280 Valor
>Crashes: 0
I don't see your point

Longbow is for killing 16 tanks from behind a hill then flying away at no risk to itself. When is the last time we needed that?

>i never been in a car crash
>therefore i dont need seatbelts.

RIP the Comanche

It is still around.

Attached: 1553807979636.jpg (279x304, 14K)

tanks are obsolete

You have small brain. Kill self

I don't have a brainlet meme that does your retardation justice

They did?

I fucking hate this face so much

Stfu faggot. It's cute as fuck and I want to bop that little nose with my finger and give those sweet little lips a kiss. Go back to sucking dicks

> 12 hull loss accidents that resulted in a total of 42 fatalities.
> safest non-fixed wing aircraft

Please show me the data for flight hours per fatality. Blackhawks, Huey's, Chinooks, etc. have been in service a lot longer so they'll obviously have more victims.

URG SAY KILL SELF, HAHA URG WIN

that thing belongs in

Please, unironically kill yourself.

Attached: 1556348927753.jpg (360x320, 14K)

Oh fuck a well formed sentence i guess im BTFO

Fuck you. I hate you go kill yourself dude you sound like a piece of shit bitch. I want to beat the shit out of you i could it so easily too. You sound like a little weak wimp trying to act tough on the internet. Fuck you pussy I'll beat you harder then you're daddy ever did before he left you alone with your whore mother. Fuck you fuck you

t. schlomo

Yeah

Hey retard smooth brain. Please explain how tanks are obsolete?

i am a little bitch boi yet you cannot touch me. I am mocking you with impunity.

That's wrong you fucking idiot. I touched your mom and I'm going to again tonight. I'll be thinking of your little cuck ass when I blow my load in her stretched pussy

at some point you are running out of sand niggers to shoot hellfires on without a single way for them to defend themselfs..

well, no. after a decade the Taliban still control over 60% of Afghanistan. America just sucks at fighting wars

My mother is dead and cremated.

Whos mothers pussy were you stretching?

Everyone in this thread should kill themselves

>Slap slap slap
>Splunk
That's the sound of me and your mom dude
You first nigger bitch. I just called you nigger lmao

We could napalm entire countries but the ROE wouldn't allow that

CIA: Well congratulations, you got yourself caught. Now what’s the next step of your master plan?
Osprey: crashing this plane

And he said
I'm in love
I'm in love with a helicopter
Yeah this is my confession

>Because they didn't.
/thread