Could we make a weapon that manipulates it's weight in the striking part...

Could we make a weapon that manipulates it's weight in the striking part? You could swing a 1kg weapon and strike with a 10kg weapon. It could have a pump that moves a heavy liquid from, say, the user's backpack to the upper part of the weapon very quickly.

Attached: 1517369752499.jpg (517x452, 28K)

Or just start with a hand up high and slide it down through the swing

You can't do anything like that, and even if you could, it wouldn't do anything.

Even if you could the weapon would only be swing with a certain amount of force. As the weapon's mass increased it would decelerate. The only exception I can think of is if the weapon was meant to be swung only downward and was accelerated by gravity. Basically Terminus Est, read The Book of the New Sun if you don't know what that is.

You don't need a pump. Get an aluminum baseball bat, drill a hole in one end. fill it partway with water. Plug hole.

this person paid attention in physics class.

>swing a weapon
Whats the point of swinging if someone is killing you from 300+ meters away with a simple finger movement

You make a valid point, but if we had what basically looks like a warhammer, and the pipe came out from the side which faces the user, then the momentum of the flowing liquid would cancel the loss of speed out. I know what you're talking about, but it's a completely different thing.

I'm not sure the pressure of the liquid would actually impart energy on the motion of the warhammer. It would defiantly put force on the inside of the tube and the inside of the hammer head, I'm assuming it is hollow. But I don't think that would translate to linear motion.

>You could swing a 1kg weapon and strike with a 10kg weapon
>What is whiplash effect?
Retard

Attached: 220px-Teleskopschlagstock.jpg (220x243, 11K)

>punch something
>it moves
>pour water on something light
>it moves
Why wouldn't it.

That wouldn't work. The total momentum of the system would only increase at the rate at which you can apply force in (and gravity pulls down), so as the mass increased the velocity would decrease (or not increase as fast).
Imagine you're spinning on your office chair with your arms tucked in and then you hold out both arms with full milk jugs, you will slow way down. It would be the same with your hammer.
The best way you could use a pump and fluid to make a weapon hit harder would be to use a hydraulic system to just add force to your blow.

Read

A way I can maybe visualize this working would be a spear but as you thrust it you press a button and liquid flows through hydraulics which rapidly extends the length of the spear, making the end of the spear move faster.

I was looking to add mass, not velocity, but that would probably be the better solution. It's not really the same thing, though. Here you're just accelerating a part of the weapon. It would be more akin to a rocket hammer.

imagine being this retarded

I did. It's wrong.

As the fluid flows from the backpack to the hammer head it would push outward on the hose (because it is being accelerated inward), which would have a resultant effect of slowing the hammer by pulling it upward. In the most absurd of cases we could imagine the force being great enough to lift the person off their feet as well.
The only way to get "free" momentum by pumping water to the hammer head would be to raise the hammer high and then fill it with water, as gravity would help you on the downswing. Otherwise you would need a fixed frame for the system but all you'd have then would be a hydraulically-powered hammer, and I don't think that was OP's intent.

Attached: pump hammer.png (1024x768, 23K)

Not in a practical manner im saying its dumb to try and shift weight like that and its better off using technique rather than trying to move 9kg of weight around and expecting it to work

So what you're saying is that the water traveling in the pipe would disturb you more than it would help when it hits the "chamber"? Maybe we could have a mechanism that momentarily stiffens the pipe, though i can see that i'm really pushing it at this point.

It's not about the pipe being soft or hard, it's about the shift in velocity of the fluid from stationary in the backback to moving downward in the hammer head requires a net force applied to the fluid which in my diagram would be straight down, and that force would be applied by the pipe/hose, and the "equal and opposite" reaction would be a force which is trying to raise the hose, and therefore the hammer and person. Which is the opposite of what you want.

How about, you know, just shooting people?

Attached: 1364996829402.png (366x380, 165K)

>he's never split wood before
go outside user

But it's easier to push someone's hand than torso.
I have done that. I guess that what you would achieve by this is changing the torque, so you have a different "gear" when beggining the swing and finishing it, just like when starting in a car.

as the weight moves outwards it would slow down your swing

Well, at least we learned something. Physics when a static mass is added to a moving mass are so hard to figure out because it rarely happens. And i'm saving that concept drawing btw.

I think the least retarded concept that I've seen for a weapon along these lines is KF's pulverizer and that's saying something.

I was trying to make something that actually obeys the laws if physics. Let's see you design a boosted weapon that is a self contained system.

>muh le based le gun jewsus xdddd

Saged and hidden

>Let's see you make something stupid and overcomplicated
Every Tommy Trombone always comes back to this.

They had something like that in dungeons and dragons, it's called a mercurial weapon. It would have small channels filled with mercury inside the weapon. Doubt it would work irl. Instead of trying to be le cyber warrior with le magic hammer just get a gun or a machete. Or a normal blunt weapon. I have a retractable slungshot made out of a miniature 8ball on an industrial retracting reel with Kevlar cord. Clips onto the belt loop.

Attached: 1527732583267.png (1455x1352, 912K)

>Jow Forums is still mad
That's what you fucks get for being obsessed with an e-celeb in the first place.

fake

As real as this.

Attached: Dong Xoai.png (1884x938, 1.35M)

have sex

Fake as hell.

>Be jew
>Make unconvincing smear pic
>People call out your (((evidence)))
>h-have sex, in-incels!1!!

Attached: young-black-man-standing-thinking-21138883.jpg (957x1300, 212K)

Have Sneed.

you do realize the report button exists, right?
you understand that it works, right?

There's no rule against being dishonest, nigger. Sure, they do it for free, but not at my request.

>shitpost e celeb every single god damn day
>some people dont like your eceleb
>REEE WHY U OBSESSED Jow Forums

That's kinda-sorta what's going on in the Stoner 63's action. The bolt carrier has a nested stack of Bellevue washers in it that generate a recoil impulse almost but not quite as great as the impulse of the bolt carrier recoiling. The goddam thing never even touches the back of the receiver. Which makes it possibly the most controllable belt-fed weapon of all time.

Attached: stoner 63 cutaway.jpg (616x493, 60K)

>polcel seething intensifies