Why are conventional militaries so bad at fighting peasant militias head on...

Why are conventional militaries so bad at fighting peasant militias head on? I mean they're just malnourished guerillas lol

Attached: DpBcfJVUUAA_pV7.jpg (441x480, 36K)

At least post the right one

Attached: Jesus.png (577x582, 557K)

Niggers

Niggers

the N-word
NIGGERS

because they just fucking stand around like retards

because you cant rule a nation or power without people. how do you tell the difference between a malnourished guerilla and normal civilians unless you decide to kill civilians do you think that civilians will side with the militaries killing them? and even if they do it will be quite a few compared to those pissed off and if military does decide to kill civs too then they would be dwindling their power as a nation to rule.

just think about it

Niggers

Also because fighting someone on their home turf is a nightmare logistically and just in general. They know the terrain better, it's hard to tell whos a combatant and whose not, and they're fighting for their homeland while the invaders are generally fighting for college tuition.

Attached: 56340127_2104428129641225_9128605391649767424_n.jpg (960x618, 75K)

Niggers

>head on
That's the problem. Peasant militias never fight head on, it's always hit and run tactics and IEDs. before fading into the populace.

And PLEASE tell me this wasn't a troll thread.

"Alright let's go take out these militia dudes"

"Wait where are they again?"

"Let's just ask this village"

"They're not telling us shit"

"Oh fuck now they're shooting us"

"Let's just bomb the shit out of them"

"Damn, now we lost public support, pack it up boys we're out of here"

They're not. Nearly every time a guerrilla force mounts an offensive or sticks around to fight a conventional one, they get obliterated man for man. Guerrillas just have a much lower bar of success to aim for, they don't have to kill every occupying soldier and they can disperse and be nearly impossible to pursue and completely eliminate, so they can resist for a very long time, ideally eventually racking up enough occupier casualties to force a political resolution.

Idk if you ask the Russians they were pretty terrified of the Chechens

N-word
NIGGERS

Attached: C51E2A5B-DA88-8CCA-AF66D27196296265.jpg (950x534, 172K)

Niggers

>Why are conventional militaries so bad at fighting peasant militias head on?

>Peasant militias
>fighting head-on

There hasn't been a single nation that has attempted symmetrical warfare since fucking Korea, and they know they have no reason to. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that the reason non-Christian nations never took chivalrous warfare seriously, was because they'd learned this repeatedly over millennia.

What we regard as barbaric tactics like; decimation, 'salting the fields', wanton rape+pillage, mass-executions, mass-displacements+enslavements, public crucifixions, and pyramids of civie skulls were basically to ensure that the whole populace of newly conquered territories were completely broken and pacified.

Outside of such notable tactics most wars had only very minor shifts in territorial lines, and you didn't see long attempts at occupation, just slam your way into the enemy capitol, rape their women take their gold, and go home. The only exceptions were either madmen like Alexander the Great, or had a historically unusual glut of people (ex: Rome's expansive plebian ranks) to serve as settlers and actually displace or marginalize the locals.

Nebelfahrzeuge!

>There hasn't been a single nation that has attempted symmetrical warfare since fucking Korea, and they know they have no reason to. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that the reason non-Christian nations never took chivalrous warfare seriously, was because they'd learned this repeatedly over millennia.
>What we regard as barbaric tactics like; decimation, 'salting the fields', wanton rape+pillage, mass-executions, mass-displacements+enslavements, public crucifixions, and pyramids of civie skulls were basically to ensure that the whole populace of newly conquered territories were completely broken and pacified.
>Outside of such notable tactics most wars had only very minor shifts in territorial lines, and you didn't see long attempts at occupation, just slam your way into the enemy capitol, rape their women take their gold, and go home. The only exceptions were either madmen like Alexander the Great, or had a historically unusual glut of people (ex: Rome's expansive plebian ranks) to serve as settlers and actually displace or marginalize the locals.
Makes sense to me. I wonder if modern rules of engagement will ever be suspended. Maybe if the US really starts to decline, or if some PMC gets big enough to challenge the militaries of nations.

Nigger for Jesus.

The early Soviet era russians steamrolled rebel groups. There were at least 2 instances of using nerve gas on forest hideouts IIRC.

The US creates Drone people that follow process and procedure. Which CAN save lives.
Few of those people are actually warriors. ...Warriors in the sense that they are competitive combatants. Think; has the right stuff and is a mother fucking killer.
I mean who needs to actually fight when you can call in an airstrike.

Some Goat fucker takes a pot shot at a patrol....whole patrol looses its shit and dumps 80% of its available ammunition within 10-15 of returning fire into a general area where they think the initial fire came from.
Even if it wasn't Accurate fire the patrol proceeds to go full tard for a quarter hour.

> "The early Soviet era russians steamrolled rebel groups."

> What is the First Chechen War

Iran -Iraq, Gulf war 1, Falklands, Viernes se invasion of Cambodia etc etc there have been plenty of conventional wars since Korea.

There are also examples throughout history of successful counter insurgency campaigns, which do not always require dropping the Geneva conventions.

Many books have been wrote on this topic OP, and many more will too. There are a huge number of factors to think about. I think largely an issue of modern failures has been a failure to properly appreciate the non military operations which need to happen at the same time.

the N-word
NIGGERS

Yeah, he's not wrong. Hardened from Afghan war units like Russian marines or airborne troops were actually quite good at fighting chechens, it was retarded young conscripts that sucked ass and got their asses handed to them during both Chechen Wars.

Niggers
>big group that is less mobile and has to follow international laws vs small group that doesn’t and rapes your shit with IEDs

n-word is funnier than nigger because it sarcastically implies hesitation about saying nigger online

niggers

NIGGERS, thus the Lord sayeth

Nigger

Niggers
Kikes

get a load of this nigger
he must be a kike

Niggers

They aren't. They're just bad at stamping them out completely. Conventional militaries almost always have a significant advantage and any real ground is impossible to gain for militias.

The times when guerilla warfare has actually been effective was almost always in distrupting supply lines, pulling troops back from the front lines, etc in support of a regular army, ala vietnam.

Rules of engagement
Niggers

Nigger

Niggers

Niggers

NiBBawerfer!

NIGGERS

We've had a post about them trying to not kill civilians before, it's the same thing.

Niggers

Niggers

NIGGERS

Niggers.

Modern morality prevents modern militaries from doing what is necessary to put them down.

because just one of those malnourished guerillas is willing to hide in a pile of piss and blood while his buddies make a retreat so he can get a multi-kill once they are overrun by said conventional military

NIGGERS

Niggers

Niggers

NIGGERS

Niggers

Because conventional militaries suck at guerilla warfare.

i'm confused by what that red nigger is saying

Niggers. And because fighting wars against people that could be anywhere while trying to avoid civilian losses is a fucking nightmare. When you know who the enemy is and where they are you can fuck their shit up no problem, but when the enemy's whole MO is "do civvie shit by day, dress up in your shitty PJs and mortar the shit outta the other guys by night" it becomes really fucking hard to know just who the enemy is in the first place.

NIGGERS

NIGGERS

Peasant militia often got used as bait for enemy regulars such as at Cowpens during the American Revolution. Revolutionary leaders knew the militia lines would break so they used it against the Redcoats thereby luring the Redcoats into a trap not to mention the militiamen then attacked again by flanking.

It is more like regular militaries have trouble fighting on foreign grounds and are often burdened by bureaucracy, regulations, and arrogant commanders. The last factor mentioned is one of the key reasons why the British failed to stop the American revolution especially when their failure at Saratoga was caused by arrogance and then led to a few European nations declaring war on Britain to take advantage.

Also, it was arrogant leaders, bureaucracy, and regulation that cost the US the Vietnam War.

Attached: vietnam.jpg (664x561, 100K)

nigger

niggers!

N I G G E R S

This is bullshit.

Do you think the Soviets cared about international humanitarian law when they were fighting the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan?

How about the Germans in Poland.

they're fine at killing peasants
the problem is we're not willing to trade one soldier for like fifty or hundred illiterate peasants whereas the other side is perfectly willing to make that trade

can't see the tree niggers

N I G G E R S
N A Y G A R S
N I G G A Y S

Niggers
Christ is my savior

the N-word
niggers

Nigger word