Suppressor host

I want a pistol in a decent pretty available caliber that suppresses well , isn't insanely expensive, and doesnt require a recoil booster. What are my options?

Attached: serveimage (9).jpg (1300x866, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sdtacticalarms.com/-Booster_p_151.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

9mm + airfilter?

What?

>doesn't require a booster
Why?

Virtually all pistol caliber suppressors in the US come with boosters because they're required on nearly all centerfire pistols. Why would you want to avoid that? It's not like you can buy the mainstream products for less money without a booster--they're not offered without boosters. There are some smaller outfits who offer their normally-boosted suppressors without boosters and there are some short/smaller suppressors designed for SMGs or concealed carry which don't have boosters, but the huge majority of suppressors have, or require boosters. You're majorly hamstringing yourself by eschewing them.

That said, if the suppressor is light enough anything based on the Beretta 92 doesn't need a booster because the barrel doesn't tilt or rotate.

You also don't need a booster on any .22, or any centerfire gun with a fixed barrel, like a Makarov or a P7 or a PPK/s.

As for caliber, 9mm is probably the best bet. inb4 nocans come along and say .45 is, well it isn't. You can look at published numbers for any reputable silencer manufacturer and see how much louder .45 is than common, cheap 147gr subsonic 9mm.

He's talking about illegal oil filter adapters which won't work on most pistols anyway.

Attached: taste the carpet.jpg (2400x1600, 1.83M)

Because of form 1 and other reasons. I dont want to give suppressor mfgs money.

>won't work on most pistols

If the pistol doesnt require a Nielsen device it should no? Either way I will likely go the form 1 route not oil filter.

Maxim 9.

Attached: SilencerCo-Maxim-9-apart.jpg (1086x610, 310K)

You can buy boosters from anywhere. If you're completely manufacturing your own suppressor, you can simply thread the end to fit any common booster's thread specs and use that booster. Gemtech sells them for sure, I'm sure other manufacturers do too.

If you're not manufacturing your own, the internet "kit" suppliers also have boosters available. You should see that on whatever site you're ordering from. SDTA for example:
sdtacticalarms.com/-Booster_p_151.html

So unless you've got good reason not to use one, like you're making a single shot pistol or something, there's no reason not to buy a booster. You're paying a cuck stamp and hundreds of dollars in materials and time to make a suppressor, it's pretty silly to buy a gun around the suppressor instead of the other way around.

Attached: m9longboi.jpg (2500x1667, 531K)

>hundreds of dollars in materials

lol. I won't be. However I didnt know they had these standalone deals, I may get one of those but I still would like an option that doesnt require a booster. At least thats an option though.

I did however think that the booster had to be set up for whatever weight your suppressor is to be reliable, is that not the case?

The only common pistols that has stationary barrels are berettas and highpoints. And I'm not sure that you can even get threaded barrels for highpoints.

What about the number of 380s out there?

>the booster had to be set up for whatever weight your suppressor is to be reliable
Not in my experience, they all come with just one heavy ass spring which works on all guns and all calibers, except carbines or fixed barrels which either require a fixed thread or a booster locking spacer. I can tell you hat the spring on my 9mm suppressors gets compressed even by .32 ACP, so that spring works across a huge range of calibers.

A Beretta 92 or M9 of some sort is probably the best option then for a modern, reliable, usable, non-meme 9mm handgun which doesn't require a booster. Just make sure the suppressor isn't overly heavy or it can cause jams by not letting the barrel slide in the frame to unlock smoothly. I don't know the cutoff weight because I'm not an expert but I would guess somewhere around 10-12 ounces, over which you'd want a booster on a Beretta. My Octanes weigh about 11 ounces and I use a booster on my M9A3 with no ill effects.

I just got a fixed adapter though so if this thread is up in a few days or whenever I get around to shooting again I'll post back how the M9A3 does with no booster.

But again, think about expenses. A $450 92FS doesn't come with a threaded barrel, it's a $200 extra. M9A3 is $750. Adding a threaded barrel to a fixed barrel gun will cost you at least $150. Is it worth "saving" money by not buying a booster and then being stuck with a potentially inferior or uncomfortable gun? $90 is a drop in the bucket.

It just seems like you're going about this backwards.

Hardly any of them are fixed barrel anymore. Walther PPs, Bersa Thunders, Sig P232s, most are discontinued.

Attached: TUUUUUUBES.jpg (1600x1067, 477K)

almost all operate on some modified Browning action.

10-12 ounces isnt much

I really thought they were still blowback that's a shame. Everything is fucking tilting barrel lock

It's not much no, but if you're building a suppressor without hundreds of dollars of material and labor then you're not using titanium or stainless steel so that shouldn't be a problem for 6000 series aluminum.

You can use a formed freeze plug with a maglite body and its dirt cheap but probably heavy I'd imagine

The bersa thunder with a threaded barrel honestly looks cool. Would be perfect if I could get it with decocker only and no safety.

Why do people use the term suppressor host? Why not just say gun? What else is there to suppress in the context of firearms?

I was just trying to make it clear that the point was for it to be used with a suppressor.

They came out with a tactical high point and m9s are not really fixed they slide back and forth

Why do people say suppressor and not muffler or silencer since silencer is the name of the original patent and what the ATF classification is? Is cause it sounds edgy for Autist to be above the common mans vocab?

Because muh movies and msm

Its part of a narrative to teach liberals silencers dont actually "silence" a gun, they "suppress" the noise but can still be identified as a gunshot. With subsonic 22lr it can be pretty close to movie quiet, with supersonic anything its loud af

I can get down with that answer