Whats the conclusion on the Geissele URGI?

Not asking ARG bc they are all faggots with bad taste.

Attached: ScreenShot (5).png (1530x858, 448K)

The rail bends. Next time ask in /arg/, a thread died for your pussy ass faggotry.

Attached: JGibshO.jpg (1960x4032, 553K)

I thought it was the buttery soft aluminum barrel nut

M-LoK was a mistake

What about geisseles other rails? Is the super modular one any good?

Which one? I believe the MK4 and MK8 are fine. The MK14 might have a similar issue to the MK16, but I believe Bill's claim was they had to thin out the cross section to meet the requirements and it ended up compromising the integrity.

Attached: 1550447952454m.jpg (691x1024, 125K)

I was looking at 13 inch mk8. Thanks for the info, man.

I can't fucking believe they convinced people that this was done on purpose.

Attached: Geissele machining.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

What did they calim was the purpose of that texturing?

fuckin nogun larper software is worse than /arg/

Stylistic decision.

The mlok cut outs aren't staggered. There is a reason why every other manufacturer has them staggered and even Geissele on the other hand rails. The URGI is just not a good design.

Is it relevant?
MCX Surg is the one everyone will be waiting for.

I own a benelli supernova and a pcc. Be quiet.

Oh lmao I remember this. Didn't know it was in relation to the URGI.

The walls of the mk14 are even thinner than the walls of the mk16 and there's still plenty of material that has been removed

No one is waiting for Sig products except for retards who like their shit to be MIM from India

Reminder that 1913 reigns supreme and a pencil barrel is the solution to a front heavy rifle, not weakening the rail

Attached: PoorFagEvolution.jpg (3256x3832, 2.98M)

That's the conclusion that I'm sort of coming to. I just see so much m lok these days.

How does it compare to DD's offerings? DDs looks slimmer ironically.

Attached: DDm4 V7 DD.jpg (2000x800, 374K)

It's still better than an MOE hand-guard, that's for damn sure

The MK8/4 are going to be tougher than the MFRXS, but I'd take DD over the MK14/13/16.

I'd take the BCM MCMR over the newer Geissele rails. Then there's always Hodge and KAC if you wanna drop the dosh. Otherwise I'd be looking at the DD M4 rail or the LaRue LT15 if you want some strong as fuck quads.

These posts are correct

KAC needs to make a midlength version of the M4 RAS because retard strength.

>Then there's always Hodge
hodge doesn't make their shit, dummy. They got that rail from mega, and now zev makes the wedge lock since mega went under.
shut up idiot

The Mk16 rail sucks, Hodge wedgelocks are tanks.

A yikes from me.

ITT non-engineers claim that the URGI bends and other rails don't, even though almost all of them have the same geometry and material choice at location of the damage.

Attached: frontalview.jpg (580x365, 10K)

except the location that got damaged in ar15.com "drop testing" wasn't near any of the MLOK sections.

fuck off retard, the part that got damaged has the exact same cross section as a mk4 or mk8

Attached: eSixHM.jpg (1200x354, 99K)

>sharp corners
Disgusting

unfortunately that's basically the norm now, is a hodge rail lmao
pic related (BCM MCMR) also has the same retarded geometry creating stress concentrations

this kind of shit is why i don't really buy into the bendy rail meme. 90% of the "quality" rails on the market should have the same issue

Attached: thinking.jpg (650x433, 29K)

So whats a non-bendy(meme or not) yet lightweight rail, preferably reasonably priced?

Have any of the cf options come down in price?

Attached: 1410414271976.png (459x320, 201K)

>So whats a non-bendy(meme or not) yet lightweight rail
pretty much nonexistent because there isn't really any industry standard for drop testing handguards

just look at rail geometry and almost all the rails people will recommend you will have the same issues as the Mk16.

you could go with the Larue LAT but I don't think they've published a weight

tbf they look sharp in that drawing but they're actually slightly radiused because they're extruded

People need to stop buying retardedly long rails and c-clamp larping as chris costa. Expecting 15 inch long aluminum tubes as thick as a credit card to not bend is retarded.

it's 13" long and it's not that thin lmao

DD stuff is BCM quality at KAC prices. Also they're anti-2a. Buy one used or just get an MCMR.

I bet they'll be pro-2a after the government stops buying their RIS-II

Swishy swishy swish faggot.
Make like a straw and go fuck yourself.

Kill yourself bill

bcm is mediocre as fuck and Im baffled why people ride their dicks so hard. Their grip is literally their only good product

At least get some basic facts right lmao

OK retard who hates people because someone on the internet told you they were bad.

Someone's a little butthurt

>DD stuff is BCM quality at KAC prices.
Do you have any facts to back that up or are you going to just ride BCM dick?
>Also they're anti-2a
No, they aren't. Why has this meme taken hold?

There's literally nothing that DD does better than BCM.

Also, they bent the knee and supported anti-gun legislation and the bumpstock ban.

>There's literally nothing that DD does better than BCM.
Then what does KAC do better than BCM?
>Also, they bent the knee and supported anti-gun legislation and the bumpstock ban.
The founder of the company supported Fix NICS and then backpedaled immediately. There is nothing else, they never supported a bumpstock ban. You made that up.

>Then what does KAC do better than BCM?
Extended bolt life because of radiused lugs
ambidextrous controls (I don't care about this one because I shoot righty but if you're a lefty it's nice)
7075 T6 handguard instead of 6061 T6
incremental improvements to the gas system

>Extended bolt life because of radiused lugs
>ambidextrous controls (I don't care about this one because I shoot righty but if you're a lefty it's nice)
>incremental improvements to the gas system
What does this have to do with the rails?
>7075 T6 handguard instead of 6061 T6
Nowhere does KAC claim the URX 4 is 7075 T6.

>What does this have to do with the rails?
i thought we were autistically arguing about companies and not just rails

>Nowhere does KAC claim the URX 4 is 7075 T6.
you're right, their older rails were 7075 but i actually don't know what the URX 4 is made of

what makes BCM mediocre?

I've been very happy with my poorfag ALG rail w/ pencil barrel. The whole rifle with sling, optic, and light weighs in a tad over 6lbs.

I would, however, not use it as a club.

I bought a gselle airborne charging handle and they can't even anodize properly it looks blue not black like they skimped on dye.

>Extended bolt life because of radiused lugs
>proprietary bolt (and barrel extension IIRC)
>to fix a problem solved by regular maintenance and replacement of a dirt cheap wear part

Doesn't seem worth the premium to me. They make sexy as fuck rifles though and I'd buy one for the aesthetic if I had $2000 burning a hole in my pocket.

Despite what the pic rail Chad's are telling me I think I'm just going to go mlok on my 16 inch "build" and I'll reserve quad rails for the 11.5 that I'll put together at some point in the future.

I was issued an FN M4 and they can't even anodize properly it looks purple not black like they skimped on dye.

MLOK all the things
you only need pic rail for BUIS and beamz anyway

Attached: enhance3.jpg (1600x1600, 245K)

*now that the government has stopped buying their RIS-II

Was was the government buying exactly anyway?
Were they just buying the handguard? The complete upper or the entire gun from DD?

buying DD handguards and retrofitting existing uppers with them
if a barrel was shot out they'd just replace it with another Colt or whatever they already had around

BCM is mediocre as fuck. But so is DD. That's the point.
I'm not riding BCM dick I'm just saying DD is at their level. And yes they fucking are, they supported FixNICS and no amount of mealy mouthed damage control will fix that.

Their handguards are nice.

VLTOR did nothing wrong

Except discontinuing the CAS V

how's the Fortis coming along

They inflicted dickmod on the world.
Even if MLOK were developed as a response to Keymod, I'd rather be stuck with M1913 and a myriad of proprietary screw-in rail systems than ever have to look at a keymod rail again.

>BCM is mediocre as fuck.
Aero Precision is mediocre. BCM and DD are better than mediocre, but not necessarily better enough to justify their price points.