What's the deal with OMON blue camo? I think it's kinda unique but I really can't think of any practical purposes

What's the deal with OMON blue camo? I think it's kinda unique but I really can't think of any practical purposes

Attached: OMON.jpg (1080x720, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHC1230OpOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looking cool is a practical purpose, especially for police.

I understand the whole SWAT all-black uniform for psychological warfare but blue camo? I don't know. I like it for being unique and cool

It looks kind of like the blue tigerstripe the Air Force was considering before they went with the UCP-colored digital tiger.

if a bunch of big motherfuckers in blue camo come up to your door, you know it's OMON, and you know your day is about to get objectively worse in every sense, thats my assumption.

What are OMON anyway? National-level SWAT?

What's up with women in the military?

pretty much, seems similar to FBI tactical units/HRT type stuff.

Gendarmerie

It's like those weird Indian camos you see their cops wearing sometimes, their purpose is not to camouflage, it's to make them be seen. People are supposed to see their camo and notice them as the sign that it's time to stop fucking around, or getting your shit kicked in.

They're the swat branch of the national police
Like fbi doorkickers, essentially

they also do a lot of riot control/suppression type things.

Not completely, OMON doesn't have a US equivalent. They also do crowd control and city patroling stuff. Berkut in pre-maidan Ukraine was similar, or the BFE police units in Germany.

Well to be honest they are not revelant anymore, they are being integrated into the national guard and it will take up its roles.

Oh and btw they look like this now

Attached: 9a1c74fe-65d2-4310-b056-33f80ac91148.jpg (1100x734, 615K)

So a cross between the EMR digital camo pattern and the blue Kamysh color scheme

>*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

OMOH OTКPЫT!

It's funny how their vests spell "HOMO" backwards.

>navy like colors
>name backward is homo

hmm

kek

Nope. Im pretty sure omon still uses the blue kamysh. In the picture are russian National guard (rosgvard) and their own camo (which I cant remember the name of.)

youtube.com/watch?v=oHC1230OpOg

Attached: moscow-russia-15th-july-2018-moscow-russia-july-15-2018-omon-police-and-russian-federal-national-gua (1300x887, 168K)

Well that is odd. Ive only seen that new camo on national guard, but guess they now hand the new camo for newer conscripts. Altrough, kamysh is still probably in use.

The Ukrainian Berkut used that too.

probably worn by the other countries Russia does military business with

Yeah, all those pics of blue camo guys with metal riot shields from the Maidan protests were great.

It’s hard to see in the dark, especially when it’s snowy.

Allows officers to quickly and easily identify each other in hectic situations. Like riot control or pulling a drunk gopnik out of a burning car while he’s trying to simultaneously take a shit and shoot up some homebrew heroin.

National police, like gendarmes. They have some special SWAT type and riot control units, but they’re just cops.

Are russian still doing their famous camo mismatch.
I remember one russian picture where is around eight men and every single one of them has different camos and mostly mismatched.

Attached: 11041066433_fcdf16e6be_o.jpg (796x527, 322K)

>see a bunch of people in tiger stripes wiht "HOMO" printed on them in reverse

Oh shit, it's the furries, they've finally found me

we had something similar in the nineties

Attached: Srbi.jpg (830x553, 111K)

cope

kek

What?

They're a police unit; their camo isn't actually supposed to be camo. It's just supposed to grab your attention.