Gun shop stories

Share your stories, especially if you're a guy behind the counter

Attached: Eric.jpg (720x960, 99K)

Yeah

>work in GS
>Guy brings in Rhodesian FAL parts kit, RA s/n and paint is mostly still intact
>fucking sprint over before anyone else can talk to him
>”Yeah, I was just wondering if you could tell me what I have here because I’m looking to sell it”
>before I went over, I saw the truck the guy pulled up in
>all kinds of stereotypical conservative stickers
>hmmm
>tell him it’s a communist AK parts kit
>guy immediately wants nothing to do with it
>say I’ll buy it from him
>”how much?”
>I’ll give you $50
>sold

I’ll post pics later because I’d have to scroll for a while to find them

Based second yeahposter.

sounds like the fakest shit i've ever heard

I had a buddy that worked at a big 5 for a bit. I remember him talking about this one dude who was looking at bows and asked if they could kill “human... I mean deer”

I don’t know why I get so many guys that insist on lying and trying to impress me.
Customer comes in wanting too sell his savage 110 heavy barrel in .300 win mag with vortex diamondback 4-12 and Caldwell bipod.
C: yeah it’s a great rifle but expensive to shoot. I shot a coyote at 1100 yards.
M: *looks at shotgun begins to think Kurt Cobain was on too something*
M: That’s awesome man what kind of ammo where you using?
C: I don’t know some Remington bullets.
M: *starts to visualize unfolding the sks bayonet nearby and javelin tossing it at him*
M: 1100 yards is a good distance away what was your hold like on the diamondback
C: what’s that?
M: that pretty much where you put your crosshairs in correlation to the target.
C: i don’t know. *motions with hands a angle* about that
M: *starts to understand why Thanos wanted to kill 50% of the population*
M: that so cool dude I’ll give you 200$ for it.

Lying antifa niggers don't have jobs.

You sound underage as fuck.

here retards

Attached: 42EE5210-5104-440B-A48B-CE34888B5F01.jpg (750x439, 116K)

It's like you didn't even try. If you're going to bullshit then at least put some effort in it.

Attached: 1555615840251.jpg (660x680, 55K)

Ok I may have exaggerated a minuscule amount but either way I got Rhodie shit for 50 bucks

>no timestamp

Ahaha go and stay go

I still don't believe that horseshit. If that's actually your kit then you paid a premium and made up this story in an attempt to not look like a massive rhodieboo faggot.

If this thread is still alive when I get home it’s happening

Whatever homie

>blags asking about clips and beams for their jennings. bonus - a few of them reeked of reefer and wondered why we wouldn't let them rent or buy anything.
>bubbas wanting to put scopes on everything and wondering if x was a durr raffle.
>if only muzzle sweeps kept the store clean

A few years ago someone rented a gun and killed themselves on the range. 49 bullets into the backstop, the last in their skull. One of the guys behind the counter went 'I'm not cleaning that up!" mfw that wasn't the only suicide in recent years.

Attached: 1550006867620.jpg (307x326, 24K)

>Be a leftist
>Come to Jow Forums for some reason
>Make up gay story about ripping off a conservative (because clearly one of them would neeeeveeer own an AK)
>Get surprised and cry when called out.

That's not your FAL.

Eat a tranny's ass soiboi.

Just because I point out that someone has a bunch of retarded stickers means I’m a leftist? Tight

we dont *do this* on Jow Forums.

Your lingo also helps give you away. If you ripped off a fellow rightie, you're scum. If you're not a rightie, you're scum. At this point admitting you lied in the first place would be pathetic but still less pathetic than anything else you could do.

Come back after 5 fucking years and everyone is even more retarded. Don’t know what I expected

My “lingo” is consequence of where I grew up. I’ll rip off a retard regardless of political affiliations

>Work in gun store
>Guy comes in and buys a firearm with cash
>Delay status
>Tell him he can come back when the Brady Date is up and he can pick it up
>Deny comes back before then, call him and let him know
>He gets mad and starts wanting his cash back
>Cash already at the bank and we keep very little for safety reasons
>Tell him he can swing by Monday when the owner is in and he'll write him a check
>Haven't seen the guy since

He probably thought we were trying to bait him into getting arrested.

You know some Jow Forums guys did a meet up in Pennsylvania and ate some dudes semen in brownies

How many rejected 4473s do you get on average?

Newfag ban, pls
Lurk more you stupid fuck

Very few. Most will be related to something that the customer didn't know was Deny-worthy.

That does not surprise me in the slightest

>walk into gun store
>immediately become self conscious about my gun knowledge.
>talking about ruger .22 pistols
>"Yeah I like the Mk 2 better, I'm not a fan of the new 1911 style grips
>they just stare at me
>"Ya know, the 22/45?"
>nothing but blank stares
>a sheer wave of cringe and embarrassment washes over me
>look up everything I said on my phone and it all makes perfect sense, they even had Mk 2s and 22/45s next to eachother in the case.

Why do gun stores feel so fucking surreal

Attached: 1540702868783.png (600x800, 936K)

did the whole room clap?

Well good job on being a mega jew but hey you got a 50$ fal if the story is true

Was in a bass pro the other day, guy said he doesnt stock 556 but he does 223. Also federal, winchester doesnt make a 223 in 69gr. Also 1 in 9 twist stabilizes the heaver round because its a quicker twist rate.
>Instantly regretting asking if they had 69gr rounds in stock.

Reds?

So you're pathetic, scum, and a leftist. Thanks for clearing that up you nigger.

who took the picture?

I had this old fal that my youngest son spray painted all over.
The fucker jammed every other shot.
Barrel so worn out it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Ask the lgs if they can take care of the destruction or if I can simply dump it in a river.

This young kike with their strange hair and everything runs towards me, wants to give me 50$ for it. Easy money.

Attached: BF1756EB-818D-4EF5-83B8-30A82689C26F.png (800x1182, 443K)

You sound like a faggot
Retards deserve to get ripped off

literally stolen from a Facebook page. Hello Andrew

Attached: 640359F4-1BBA-4D96-83D4-3416E075FAF6.png (750x1334, 197K)

>Not being able to do both and hide your power level
>Not shit posting during bathroom breaks while out socializing
>Not secretly laughing to stupid shit inside your head while in a group full of people

Git gud plebs

Attached: b8d.png (500x374, 152K)

>work in Africa
>Guy brings in mercenary contract for Rhodesian government is mostly still intact
>fucking sprint over before anyone else can talk to him
>”Yeah I was just wondering if you could slot some floppies”
>Before I went over, I saw the truck the guy pulled up in
>all kinds of stereotypical conservative stickers and Vietnam memorabilia
>hmmm
>tell him I hate commies and niggers
>guy immediately wants me to join
>say I will
>”how much you want?”
>I’ll do it for free
>sold, heres your FAL
>mfw 50 years later my retarded grandson, looking for more booze money, sells my lovely FAL to some underage lying kike

Attached: AHHHHHHHHH.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

Silver bullet on division?

dude just look at them like theyre the jackasses, dont let them give you the bubba staredown.

>scamming people

Very nice of you user.

rip that guy

Attached: 22000020.jpg (600x632, 48K)

Not at a gun shop but a gun show
>buying al
>fat woman next to me trying to get military discount
>keeps saying "we're military" in reference to the fact that her husband is in the army
>she has a felony
>guy behind the table won't sell to either of them
>they ask me in the parking lot if I can go buy her a pistol
>"We'll pay in cash" she keeps saying
>no
>leave
>guy is stationed at my base
>is an mp
>married to a felon
>trying to do felonious shit
>mfw

Attached: 1557400611530.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

I don't know why I keep coming back here. Phoneposting, zoomers, and the election really fucked this place sideways. It's all low-effort bullshit by people who post when they don't even have a fucking thing to say, like sidewalk monkeys.

can you really not purchase if your spouse is a felon?

FUCKING MP'S

Huhuh tight, muh homie!
Dude. You’re a 16 year old from reddit who’s never shot a gun in their life.

They can't be around guns at all
So if your spouse is a felon you buying guns gets both of you in legal trouble

Jow Forums was always filled with autists. This is Jow Forums, what do you honestly expect?

Attached: file.png (1235x596, 657K)

He's literally trying to get a felon a pistol. It would be different if the guy came in and said "hey I wanna buy a pistol, for me, myself, and I, not my wife, me.

No, they won't. The guns need to be locked up and kept away from the felon.

Grey area, the gun was obviously not for him because it was the gun she was trying to buy. Legally in the state this happened in theres no law against this dude buying it, but his wife couldn't own it because she's a felon. It was a carry pistol, probable cause leads one to believe she, a felon, would be carrying said pistol.

That lipless autist is so weird looking

Tell us more about the an heros

Are military police even dumber than civvie police?

I understand the story. I'm asking the question answered. Looks to be some controversy here though.

Yeah

I enjoyed this piece of fiction

I used to work at a range and coincidentally the rules for said range always get posted on Jow Forums cause of how lame they are. Anyways here's the story
>be working
>guy comes in asks for some ammo in .40
>assume he wants fmj cause they're cheaper and he was here to kill paper so I get him the cheap PMC fmj
>"here you go man"
>he replies, "No I want live rounds"
>"these are live rounds sir."
>"No I want live rounds"
>"Sir these rounds will fire out of your gun"
>"NO GIVE ME LIVE ROUNDS"
>at this point my manager comes over to see what the fuss is
>asshat tells him I WANT LIVE ROUNDS
>manager looks at me confused and says "sir these are live rounds"
>"NO THEY'RE NOT GIVE ME GODDAMN LIVE ROUNDS"
>manager gets him hilariously overpriced hollow points can't recall the brand
>"FINALLY"
>He pays doesn't even flinch at the stupid price and goes to shoot
>manager looks at me like wtf just happened
The guy was white and clearly from the area, so shit didn't get lost in translation or anything.

y'know instead of complaining about newfags ruining this place, you could be fixing the issue by making good posts
lazy faggots like you are why we have this problem in the first place

>be me
>at work
>gun store is also a range
>Bob, one of our older members, rolls in to shoot
>he's very polite but a total danger to himself and others that should've had his permit revoked ten years ago
>Bob goes in to shoot
>drops a live round forward of the line
>decides to tell our RSO
>fucking walks from one end of the lanes to the other to speak to RSO
>WHILE GESTURING AT THE LIVE ROUND WITH HIS GUN
>sweeps like eight shooters with his revolver
>RSO "gently" takes the gun from him and tells him off
>fucking Bob

Attached: 1q8woa-01.jpg (320x363, 46K)

I know that's the written law, but argue that to a probation officer

You're the jewest jew I've ever seen on Jow Forums(nel).

It would be trivial to prove that you're complying with the law. Probation officers can't force someone else NOT under probation to follow a probation rule

>tfw the only decent indoor range near me had an hero inside and they closed down 3 months later

The current owners of the range and the typical, mall ninja, short tempered, cock suckers

I know they can't, never stopped them before

Enforcement of the law is always "shoulda coulda woulda"

>being this much of a slave to any political party
lmao can you think for yourself or do you think wat daddy politician tells you to think

*grabs you by throat*BACK THE FUCK OFF

Lol k

Better. I've been here since '05, this latest phase is extremely low effort and the derailment percentage is through the charts, captain.

Actually i think that was barracks 616

Im pretty sure it was barracks 616

I don't give a fuck about retarded neocon boomers.

They could tell you were uncomfortable and didn't know why, don't take it personal. I learned a long time ago, if you don't know about a hobby just say so. Any decent enthusiast will be glad to teach you some things, whether they are correct or not is up in the air, but they will generally be nice about it. When I bought my first gun I told the guy I didn't know much about guns and asked him to teach me about the rifle. It was a 10/22, pretty much pointed at the trigger and the mag release and sent me packing, but he was nice about it. Now we are on a first name basis and I've bought three or four guns from him. No shame in not knowing things user, the only shame is pretending you know more than you do and doing something stupid as a result.

Point is this site has no good content anymore and honestly hasnt made me giggle in months

I hate people like both of you.

this

Imagine being this guy and being so ashamed of your genetically defective retarded son, and simultaneously chasing fame, money and the approval of strangers over the internet.

for every one good post, you have 25 shitty. tyranny of the majority, newfriend

Notice how nobody replied to this. Nobody cares anymore. Its sad.

You're still here aren't you? Fuck up, you're here forever faggot and no amount of gainsaying will make it untrue.

I just wanna talk about gun related stuff with other people without it devolving into a shit show of derailment and faggotry

Made me lol

like four anons from 616 here?

>at LGS buying new handgun
>they price guns 5-10% below the compition "Cause that keeps people coming back"
>as they hand me the paperwork 2 guys walk into the store
>they have an oder trail that would give auswitze a run for it money
>as the first hints of weed, cigarettes and cheap booze waft over to me I tried to breath shallowly through my mouth but it just settles in the back off my throat and makes my eyes burn
>as the first guy walk's up next to me at the counter his buddy finger fucks all the semi automatic rifles
>guy next to me looks around then says rather elegantly "Uh yeah I'm here to get my money for the uh thing"
>without missing a beat the owner takes his ID looks at a sticky note on the register and gives him 80 dollars
>guy finger fucking the semi's takes this moment to pick up a saiga 12 aim from the hip and loudly proclaim "Aw yeah this looks dangerous"
>they leave and the guy at the rental counter goes in the back come's out with a gold hi-point and puts it in the case
>I pay for my gun and leave gasping for fresh air like a drowning man as the guy at the counter uses a broomhandle to open the bared windows
>came in the next day and the hi-point was gone

I went to Gun Room Inc in Portland OR, and the fudd-in-chief is as bad as all the memes make him out to be, he's the perfect caricature of a fudd.
>gun nut friend poses as a complete no-gun
>"so i heard that glocks are good"
>points to the singular glock buried in the corner of the display case
>IF YOU WANT YOUR HAND TO BLOW UP BE MY GUEST
>shop regular/vagrant: "OH YOU'RE GONNA GET LEARNED NOW BOY"
>store owner begins to rattle on about glocknades and shows my friend the classic meme picture of the exploded glock
>my friend is desperately trying to not burst out laughing
>"you dont wanna be like one of the commies that go to PSU"
The gun selection wasn't actually that bad but everything was hilariously overpriced even by brick and mortar standards.

Attached: 565765.jpg (600x450, 101K)

Based

Attached: plastic guns.png (1191x1755, 450K)

I'm starting to forgot my days at the gun counter. I had some real stupid shit happen, like a guy threatening to shoot a coworker, a family trying to straw purchase through 3 generations, people getting mad that I can't sell them something we don't have in stock, etc.

There's as much stupid shit that goes through the customer service department of my current place, but that's mostly all second hand since I'm in a different deaprtment. People constantly sending in red dots becuase they don't know how to turn them on, people thinking a dirty lens means that the optic is cracked and sent it in, people who don't know how to put in batteries, etc. I partly blame CS too, since most of the time they just tell people to send their shit in. What of waste of time and money.

>Wander into LGS with money burning a hole in my pocket.
>Look around.
>A real live zip22 in the pistol case for $100 even
>Teleport over and ask to see it.
>Another clerk gets a scam call on the store phone.
>Haggle zip22 down to $70 as other clerk leads Indian scammer on.
>"Yeah, last name Hunt, first name Michael. but I go by Mike."
>Tells scammer she got street wrong like 5 times and slowly spells it out different each time. Whole store is trying not to laugh.
>"Ok Mr Mike Hunt..."
>It sinks in and Indian hangs up after like 25 min
>Walkout with a $70 zip22 and my day brightened.

Attached: IMG_20190514_214946298~2.jpg (3434x2818, 1.4M)

I don't care if it was cheap. Why would you want one of the least reliable and most infuriating firearms known to exist?

Tell the story about someone getting mad at you for not selling something you didn't have. Those stories are always a fun time.

Memes

how could you pass up that golden hi-point. You know how much they paid for it so you could haggle them to a decent price.

based as shit