MR1

What does k think of the Benelli MR1. Debating picking one up as I think they're pretty neat. Any other owners here?
Any good mods that I should do to it if I end up picking one up?

Attached: wm_4681703.jpg (2048x1536, 559K)

They’re pretty cool, take AR mags and have that nice recoil system that’s in Benelli shotguns

So would you think these have a large interval for cleaning due to the recoil systems?

Attached: 1557712057824m.jpg (1024x631, 34K)

In terms of aesthetic they are ahead, but I have no idea in terms of reliability and maintenance.

Can they outperform an ar15 of the same price? I doubt it, and I am an Italian dude that loves to support its own industry.

If you buy it because you want a cool gun, then ok, but if the life of your family depends on it then I have my concern.

I don't see why it'd be any less reliable for a civilian in a normal HD scenario than an AR. Not sure it'd be the best for fighting in a desert or in a muddy forest but it wasn't designed for that anyway.

>I don't see why it'd be any less reliable for a civilian in a normal HD scenario than an AR

Each system has a different tolerance and tendency to malfunction. However yes, realistically you will never be in that 1/1000 situation in which the gun jams in the only situation in which it should not.

And I also understand that logic is a factor but also love is one.
And your heart is already set for this object I would just be an asshole in trying to discourage you.
Just make it a cool custom and have fun with it.
I would probably do the same if I were not forced to live like a gypsy across countries

Attached: 4G8tLhJ.jpg (1600x1200, 263K)

>that pic
Comfy

>inb4 just like buy an AR XDDD

Has yours been reliable user?
How many failures in how many rounds?
Anything in specific I should know about it if I get one.

Attached: 1557523034430.gif (450x280, 1.7M)

that looks like a steaming shit. must have been designed by committee.

The pistons are shitty low quality cast parts that are known for disintegrating and crumbling apart with a relatively low round count. Same issue with the R1 hunting rifles.

I don't mind the looks user, plus Ar15s are heavily regulated in cuckanada, but this is not.
I want a super reliable 556 semi auto that takes AR mags that I can trust my life too.

Attached: 1557688770383m.jpg (1024x743, 134K)

Oof that's no good. Is there many cases of this? Also, how hard is it to source replacement parts for this?

Mexanon here, is a very popular shooter this side of the border, just becareful with where you put your optics
Off the instagram of a shooting instructor her ein Mexico ''The Benelli MR1 is a great iron, but when you handle it in a somewhat "violent" way, the lock of the bolt tends to activate unexpectedly, just like in this video where I felt that the bolt was locked back and therefore I executed a magazine change as an automated response by pulling a half-full mag to the floor''

Attached: 18949585_1932853460333453_2912811936422821888_n.jpg (1080x1074, 130K)

Not mine, I only had a Beretta 98 and a Kimber in .45.
I wished to develop and to improve in this hobby... unfortunately my life has been quite convulsed in the last years and I had to move across Europe.

And, if everything plays right, I will move in UK (in one of those city-jungles) very soon and for some years.
I hate to do that but I have too.
I hope one day to settle and to own enough toys to feel safe and comfy, hopefully in the countryside.

Thanks for the feedback user.
I guess I will have to watch where I put my hands while I shoot it.

Attached: 1557798255850.gif (400x240, 2.23M)

Is that a bullet with an explosive charge in it?

No user. Just the hydrostatic shock and cavitation.

We need to fix this gross oversight and created a bullet that leaves a small bomb in the cavity.

Thought 5.56 was not allowed in mexico?

Maybe it's because the MR1 is marked 223 due to some retarded translation issue apparently but when you call Benelli they say it's actually designed for 556. So maybe there's some kind of dumb loophole like that in play?

Attached: 1556654189020m.jpg (1024x576, 114K)

In CIP countries .223 Win is 5.56 Nato. Only by SAAMI spec in the US does .223 Rem differ, having a different chamber leade, lower PMAX.

Strangely pleasing with a traditional stock.

Attached: rx4.jpg (521x473, 26K)

I just had a stroke. Forgive the brain fart.

That's really interesting, actually had no idea. Thanks for the info user.

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-235401.png (1312x2560, 205K)