FN Thread

Tell me why FN is not the coolest.

Attached: FN_Logo_PMS_7546.png (2189x1612, 139K)

They no longer produce all steel pistols or the F2000

Their new pistols are cooler desu
Would cop an F2000 if they made them again tho

Attached: Two handguns.jpg (2390x1536, 1.38M)

They don't make new production FALs to my knowledge, they also don't make the SAFN-49 in 7x57

I wish they would make more SCARs so retailers wouldn't sell them for 3200 usd.

The only thing keeping me from buying a FNX-45 is that it's another steel slide polymer grip pistol.
If the frame was steel or aluminum I would have a couple in my safe

Can the fnx tolerate stupid 45 loads? Like ultra plus p or 45 super?

Polymer frames are unironically better
There’s a reason metal frames are falling off

My car is cheaper than a SCAR. Unless the SCAR grants wishes it ain't worth the price

That just means you drive a shitbox

Or it means the SCAR is overpriced when I can buy multiple quality guns on the same budget. Fuck I could buy like 30 hi-points for that price and start my own hood army. Isn't leading an army of poorly educated hood rats the real American dream?

Attached: this maggot has a point.jpg (300x300, 16K)

You can buy a fuckload of rice for the price of a burger but I bet you would rather have a burger than some rice too you dumb faggot

/thread

Nah I'd take the rice, feed myself for longer instead of indulging myself on some excessive and unnecessary opulence. There's a reason besides being poor to be utilitarian about guns

You can lie to us but not yourself

Uh.. says who bitch?

Says the pistol market. The demand for polymer guns is orders of magnitude higher than metal frame.

I don't see why it would be a bad idea until it is. Polymer frames turn to shrapnel when bad rounds blow up in the chamber.

Demand =\= to quality. A shit tin of people eat at McDonalds too retard. People buy polymer because it's cheaper. Gun manufacturers realized that and switched over to plastic pistols while slowly phasing out steel. Now they raise prices on polymer guns to what you used to pay for steel ones. Fact polymer turns into shrapnel when hot rounds blow up.
Fact polymer degrades faster than steel and will not stand up to the test of time.

SCAR 17 are not flying off the shelves anymore. They sit on shelves for $3100, untouched. It’s not about supply anymore, the demand from years ago drove the price up and now that supply is trickling back in, no one wants to drop $3000 for a gun they’ll most likely get aftermarket components for.

Sing fabrique national to the tune of feliz navidad.

Your welcome

Metal frame autists are worse than 1911 autists

Out of the loop, why do they cost so much?
I remember brand new when released they were 2600 and 2900 for the 16/17. After a while they went for 2200 and 2600.
Could kick myself for not grabbing one.

Bud's has started selling "US marked" SCARs, so there's that. Still over $3k per. Not like they have trouble moving them during a panic, which is what they're gearing up for.

>There’s a reason metal frames are falling off
Yeah, they're more costly to produce.

yeah, I remember that too. even then I thought they were unholy expensive.
heh

Attached: 1475364838233.gif (640x360, 116K)

If you ask them the chamber isn't rated for .45 super, but there is some dude on youtube that did it anyway because redneck.
I don't have any load data but I would imagine super isn't higher than a proofing load so it *should* be doable with a heavier recoil spring and maybe a comp to slow the slide and save your frame.
Tl;DR FN says no, but mechanics say maybe

>two most meme tier fn handguns
wew

Attached: 9681473_01_2_fn_s_fnx_9_and_fns_9c__640.jpg (639x624, 138K)

How was their line of FN15’s. Seemed over priced for what it was. Bit on the first 20” though. No complaints except for the hours of sleep I’ve lost over the barrel being 4140 instead of 4150.

They can keep your bed from blowing away. Big plus.

Attached: 20190201_141323.jpg (4032x1960, 2.71M)

test

Yeah

When they first released a good few years ago, the 17 was indeed going for $2500~ but the supply was very low and the hype around the rifle was crazy. The supply thing was the same for years and the rifles were being sold for markup on 2nd hand market. It quickly hit $3000 and stayed at $3000 until FN began shipping more at that same price.
I guess you can argue inflation, I guess you can argue supply/demand, but most guns that climb up on price are usually not in production anymore and there’s a definitelimit on supply in the world. But the FN SCAR is still in production, but they bumped their MSRP up to match what the rifles were going for on 2nd hand market.

Don’t even try and argue against it, there’s a lot of people on here that’ll defend that action. One such example is the SCAR is supposed to be limited in number because it’s designed specifically for SF, even though FNH is a large manufacturer and the SCAR isn’t really winning any major contracts. I guess their production line is maxed out atm with US Army m16 contract.