I'm an ausfag and am thinking of getting into shooting...

I'm an ausfag and am thinking of getting into shooting. Will I be made fun of if I buy one of these Ruger 22s for my first gun?

They're cheap as fuck for a tacticool looking gun, and it ticks all the boxes for what I want.

But if I'm going to get laughed at every time i go to the range that would ruin it a bit.

Attached: asdfasaw.jpg (1400x425, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not by anyone whose opinion matters, no.
.22's are great as first guns since you can spend more time polishing up the fundamentals with any given amount of money.
I'd encourage you to take your friends and family plinking, too. Grow your numbers and your laws will loosen.

Attached: Marksmanship is fun.jpg (1600x942, 624K)

Thanks friend.

Cheers. :)

Attached: marksmanship-safest-sport.jpg (500x296, 29K)

Is that legal in Au?

1: Who cares what other people think about a gun you like if you like it? It's not theirs and you don't have to live with them.
2: Anyone who would make fun of you for a Ruger, especially that one which is super practical and has a function for every feature, is a complete fuckwit deserving of no worry or attention from you.

Attached: 22s.jpg (2959x2000, 838K)

People who make fun of people who have a 22 as thier first rifle are either nogun idiots or people who can afford a gold plated SCAR for each meal. The opinions of both parties are wholly worthless like a European's opinion to an American

Nice AR-7 setup, dude.

gey bert if shit htf what 2 gats would u grab of ur collection?

Also forgot to mention that no matter how crap your gun is, take pride in it. Don't let other people give you shit for getting something you like
t.c308 owner

Sometimes, people just shit-talk it so they can buy it off you for cheap, lol.

bitch needs to put in her plugs right

Thanks my man
(it's still a pos tho)

>gey bert
wtf my feels

I dunno, tough question. If cities were still a thing, suppressed SBR AR15 and a 9mm with RMR and suppressor like my C.O.R.E. If cities are glassed, probably my integrally suppressed CZ 455 and one of my lighter .308s suppressed like my R700 LTR.

But seriously nothing because I'd be dead within a week.

Attached: CZ455.jpg (1200x1800, 560K)

You're already making a good step by making your first gun a 22LR.
Although from what I hear these Precision rimfires aren't too shit hot in the accuracy department compared to a similarly priced CZ, it is a Ruger American Rimfire in a chasis after all.
I could be wrong of course, Ruger makes a fine entry level 22.

Pic is my Lithgow 22LR

Attached: la101.jpg (2600x1920, 1.42M)

Oh damn thats actually a brilliant strategy to get a unobtainium gun off someone

It is if you live in Queensland or Victoria. Apparently too spooky for other states and Territories. You can get them in WA if you have the barrel shroud removed or have a gunsmith mill a channel out of the top of said barrel shroud.

A mate of mine has one and it's fine. More than accurate enough, uses common magazines and nobody has ever given him the stink eye for having one. Who cares what other people think of the gun anyway, if you think it looks good then just buy it.

>I'm an ausfag
youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Wait, what is wrong with barrel shrouds?

>Although from what I hear these Precision rimfires aren't too shit hot in the accuracy department compared to a similarly priced CZ, it is a Ruger American Rimfire in a chasis after all.
>I could be wrong of course, Ruger makes a fine entry level 22.
Well the gunstore guy reckons they shoot great, but he may just be trying to sell tacticool rifles.

I think Australia is a nation of Fudds, so anything even slightly tactical looking gets you ire.

Awesome cheers.

Does he find it hard to get extra magazines? One of the big drawcards for me with this thing is the mags. A lot of the guns available to ausplebs like me involve jamming bullets into the breach - there's nothing I hate more than playing with loose bullets when out and about.

WA Police think they can be used to conceal what they describe as "An AR15 style gas impingement system"

Attached: blackholebrain.jpg (811x676, 74K)

Fuck that hurts to read

No they take normal Ruger rotary magazines, which are everywhere in Aus. The 10 round magazines are everywhere from all the Charger owners. Most states will have 15 round magazines easily accessible and in NT, SA, QLD (that I know of) the 25 round magazines are legal and not too difficult to find.

Lucky 13 made a heap of them recently. But the 25 round ones are hard to find now.

semi auto 22lr is dope but that tacticool shit on a ruger is gay tbfh, or it would be if you were american.

Yeah the gun store guy got a bit edgey when I asked about magazine capacity.

Australia takes all this shit way too seriously I am just too lazy to fuck around with loose ammo.

I recently got one of those ruger presion rimfires and i have to say that they did a kick ass job on making a accurate gun that out shoots its price range, i would highly recommend them and you can make it have a longer bolt pull if you want to practice when you have more money to put into a full size gun

My local is pretty good but a lot of gun owners and gun store employees here don't know what they legally can and cannot sell or own in their own state. It's not entirely their fault but if they give you grief about it just buy that shit online. I've bought plenty of larger capacity magazines online and all they ask for is a picture of a licence from your state, if they care at all. Any gun dealer capable of effectively using the internet usually knows who they can and cannot sell shit to.

>He doesn't know about the plight of the shoulder thing that goes up

You'll be accused of being a mass shooter lol

What if I write stupid slogans on it in white out, will I be ok then?

Yeah that could work. Write something harmless and funny on it like "Crab Rave".

Sounds great! Any other suggestions?

Maybe something cute like
>subscribe to pewdiepie

Talking to a fella who has one at the gun shop I was at recently, he seems fairly ok with it, apparently quite an accurate gun but the magazines are a bit iffy. He reckons they're mostly fine but once in a while one of his mags just gets in the way of ejecting and while its not a real negative, some magazines just suck arse and there's not much you can do but get another one.
They are on the pricier side of things for a .22, but not to the extent I don't think they're worth the money if that's what you want

Also legal in NSW
Yeah, no one really gives a fuck amongst other shooters. Its just a gun

Oh god I just looked it up.

Not /op/ but I want to get pic related, 10/22 takedown stainless with a magpul stock. Anyone have experience with this set up? Am I doing things right? I live in BC and I want a small game/plinker for fun.

Attached: MAG808_ODG_1.png (1600x1600, 292K)

I am OP and I am jelly of such a gun.

Get a mini 14.

ruger 22s are like the honda civics of guns desu, my first gun was a 10/22 and i modded the absolute fuck out of it

anyone who gives you shit for having a 22 as a first gun is either a noguns 14 year old or an obese neckbeard who builds SBRs with his disability checks

>so anything even slightly tactical looking gets you ire
All the more reason to get it, IMO.
Desensitize them to it.

I cant fucking stand the look or feel of those rainbow wood whatever .22s. Friend had one of them and not only was it heavy as fuck for a .22 it was just generally not that fun to shoot and looks terrible

It's called laminate.

Attached: Black and red laminate.jpg (384x288, 40K)

Thanks. Never owned one never wanted to it looks like utter shit

Most of the time it just looks like a wood grain.

Attached: Ares SCR Wood Stock.jpg (5312x2988, 2.03M)

ruger cuts a lot of corners to keep those prices down, and it is noticeable. if you really like it, go for it. but I'd recommend at least getting your hands on one before buying.

seems dumb to have that kind of rifle in .22
t. own a ruger