Get 10,000 lumen pistol light

>get 10,000 lumen pistol light
>be sleeping at night
>need to defend home suddenly
>turn on pistol light
>blinded by light reflecting off of drywall
>miss every shot
>accidentally kill dog

Attached: 51e9oq+dN0L._SX466_.jpg (466x300, 11K)

Yeah

>he doesnt wear a welding mask when room clearing

Every. Fucking. Thread.

Yeah.

>get 10,000 lumen pistol light
>overheats
>burns your hand
>accidentally shoot explosive dog
>burn house down

Attached: woof.png (550x704, 703K)

No.

Yeah.

It's true though. You don't want a super bright light when you wake up in a panic and have to clear rooms.

>tfw 50k lumen handhelds already exist
>tfw 1m lumen pocketlights will exist in a few years
>tfw they will be banned for everyone when Los Angeles Detroit Altanta slum niggers start using them to permanently blind people for their purse or wallet
A certain part of the population makes freedom appear to be extremely dangerous, and a certain religious/ethnic population believes we should apply regulations meant for the aforementioned demographic to everyone because of "equality"
Or maybe it's white freemasons jews getting MAGAniggers to be scared of freedom and cough it up on their own.

Some nigger would shine his green laser from miles away into my living room. I wish I could buy a Barrett in CA.

That's why I keep telling people not to buy 800-1000 lumen pistol lights unless they're for shooting outside. 300 lumens isn't just enough for indoor use, if your walls are painted white it's borderline too much.

This user has cleared dark rooms. Too bright puts you at a disadvantage if you start dark, (sleeping), and have to clear dark.

Bright is absolutely essential if you are clearing a dark room coming in from bright sunlight, though.

Obviously, there's going to be an upper limit, but I'm pretty damn sure it's not 300 lumen. I've repeatedly wished my 600 lumen handheld I use when I've got to move around in the house without turning on lights at 3 a.m. had more juice when I hit the living room.

As for walls, I'd say just don't shine them at the walls. Use the spill off the floor from low ready. I'm not a big fan of having the gun up at index anyway before I know it's not a family member sleep walking or something.

He is not an user; he is Burt. You're both right about avoiding too much light for home defense though.

You can do it with more light, but it's smarter to preserve your night vision. You can move around your own house with only ambient light since you've already memorized its layout. If you walk around with a flashlight the whole time, you're only putting a target on yourself.

...Ideally, use only enough light to identify the target for home defense

Sorry, Burt! Didn't realize, my bad.

>>accidentally kill dog
Better you tag your dog than let the BATF light it up.

Your 100 lumen light is going to ruin your night-adapted eyes just as fast, fudd

It's really not tho, faggot.

Attached: rectangle.jpg (260x195, 9K)

Got any nightlights in your hallway or bathroom? Why? Why not immediately flip on the brightest light when you get up to piss?

Because it takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust.

Dead seconds.

He’s an user, tripfag or no. To be an user is an honor, a tripfag a plague.

>flashlight the whole time
Still do the switch on, switch off thing like they taught us, just to confirm rooms are empty. There's a fancy schmancy name for it, but I don't remember.

I think it might be same autistic poster every fucking time.

For Christ's sake mods.

Brightest for indoor is 300 for my HD/carry guns. 900 thrower for my AR, it's for yote shooting. None of my walls are painted with a color that does any harsh splash back.

Yeah.

Yeah

Had a buddy who was a tunnel rat. He told me he used to smear mud on the lense of his crook neck GI flashlight to dim it down so it wouldn't shine too far around corners and alert the enemy.

Now I know why. Hmm..

I don't think you know why, retard. Stop being retarded.

Speaking of which,
Anyone want to trade my TLR 1 HL for a Their TLR1s?

Accidentally shoots a dog? Yeah, nice try ATF

No one will remember you.

Yeah.

Why are you pointing your light at walls? You are potentially flagging shit with your handgun you dont want to shoot. If you keep your handgun at high or low ready with an 800-1000 lumen light you can illuminate a whole room without having to level your gun. And there are obvious advantages when you point it at a threat. I dont get the whole wall/mirror argument unless you can somehow guarantee that the person/noise in your house is 100% a lethal threat that deserves having a firearm pointed at it.

Using this method, you also dont ruin your night vision like many people are concerned with, because you arent directly looking at the hotspot.

Can I get a recommendation for a good barrel light? I have a Maverick 88 and I need it for night time. I live innawoods on 28 acres. Frequent predators and various night animals need my lead. Bright and reliable.

Check those dubtrips of trooth holy shit

>he doesnt keep a master breaker switch in his room to shut off all the lights and put on nvg goggles and grab a gun with an ir lazer when there is a bump in the night

>he doesn't look directly at the hotspot
Confirmed for airsoft LARPer, and probably a valor thief. I intentionally stare directly into the hotspot of my 100,000 lumen Surefire light, resulting in temporary blindness and an enhancement of my other three (I have no sense of taste) senses.
I echolocate to traverse the rest of my target building, get on my level.

I remember the "btw, i'm gay if that matters guy" from months ago. I love that guy.

Yeah.

based

I’ll remember you

Yeah.

Thanks dude

Attached: DBA7F436-BE51-449B-9340-948ED855C34F.gif (364x363, 253K)

Yeah.
Yeah.
Yeah.

Everyone used to talk about the 90 lumen limit. IDK what happened to that.

>I don't know how to use a weapon mounted light, the post

elaborate. I had been shopping lights for my sig and had read plenty about the 200-400 range being ideal for most scenarios

Not him. Do you have a WML class near you that will loan you a light for the class? If so, you might take it first so you decide based on your own experiences.

I have a 1k lumen light on my ar, I've tested it in the dark and it is not blinding when pointed at a wall

>don't point the light at the walls in the building comprised totally of right angles and walls in short proximity to one another

Attached: 1516981707145.png (250x250, 91K)

>there is only one way to use something and its my way
Fuck off teenager.

not sure but i guess its worth looking into. Thanks sport

yeah

>unless you can somehow guarantee that the person/noise in your house is 100% a lethal threat
The fuck? I don't need to guarantee the person in my house is 100% a lethal threat. HE'S IN MY FUCKING HOUSE. That's enough to constitute a lethal threat, period.

You forgot the period you fucking newfag

I think he's implying he doesn't live alone, and doesn't point guns at people until he's isentified them.

You literally will not blind yourself on even the glossiest white walls with a 1000 lumen light, and you shouldn't be searching with a wml at high ready. High lumen lights allow you to light up a room with by having the gun at low ready or vertical, which you should be doing anyways. 800-1000 lumen lights also let you punch through photonic barriers that will generally diffuse a 350~ lumen beam. Having more power also lets you see significantly better when pushing light from a well lit area into a dark area.

unless its as bright as car headlights, you got scammed bro

>implying lumens = intensity.

You are retarded. One of the worst trip fags out there.

Yeah

what
the
FUCK
are you talking about?

Attached: 1301161538286.png (468x425, 13K)

>10,000 lumen pistol light
w2c

just jb weld a flashlight to it

t. newfag