A 12 gauge shotgun is the most versatile weapon mankind has ever devised...

A 12 gauge shotgun is the most versatile weapon mankind has ever devised. It is capable of running ammo light enough to kill any game on Earth without ruining the meat and powerful enough to knock a grizzly on its ass and conceivably kill anything that walks. It can also fire all kinds of other random shit from "less-lethal" bean bags, to rock salt, to outright stupid things like dragon's breath rounds. Furthermore, the humble 12 gauge shotshell is one of the most ubiquitous and readily available types of ammunition in the entire world.
Change my mind.

Attached: Mossy-Project.jpg (800x533, 287K)

Yeah.

>Change my mind.
Why would I? A 12 ga is, in reality, absurdly versatile. Is it the most effective at all of its jobs? No, not at all. Still, it'll get the job done in a lot of cases.

>A 12 gauge shotgun is the most versatile weapon mankind has ever devised.

Can’t conceal carry it. I agree it is an incredibly flexible long gun but you’re at a huge deficit being out and about without a gun you can rapidly deploy from concealment.
>inb4 but I dress like pic every single day

Attached: B8A7D127-0CDC-4B5D-994C-7EC837C9C8E0.jpg (960x430, 71K)

That's about right.

Only time it's trumped is a long range firefight but that's probably the last thing you'll ever need a gun for. So yeah 12ga is king for the everyday man.

Attached: mossberg-shockwave-2019-lead.jpg (1086x610, 72K)

No i will not change your mind. You cant tell me what to do :p

Plus, you can reload the shells in the field if you really have to.

Yeah that's all fine and good and all until you need to shoot further than 50 yards.

>Yo what are slugs?

Effective and accurate to 200 yards tops. Usually 4 MOA.

But you can't argue with the fact that tge rarest possible thing a civilian will ever need to do is shoot something past 200 yards.
>t. huge rifle knobgobbler

not really

>Can’t conceal carry it
Still considered a 12 gauge, just modded 12 gauge. OP is still right

Attached: dc39cf7954cfe5f3378a9e1004c257e2.jpg (504x378, 37K)

Or get this and a Hawaiian shirt and you're gtg.

Attached: 73dc9672cf032e9baecf1b5491e00a0f.jpg (225x434, 22K)

200 yards?! Really? Goddamn, that's awesome. All I ever hear is "within 100 yards"

Too bad they're expensive as fuck.

I thought most close quarter battles were between 900-1200 miles?

>Too bad they're expensive as fuck.
Maybe stop being poor? Or just get a memewave.

There are like half a dozen similar ones for half the cost. Safety harbor for example.

It baffles me how AR fags think magdumping deafening rifle rounds in close quarters is a good self defense tactic. Your rounds will over penetrate, you will get sued by the neighbors when you blow up their tv, you will be deaf, and Trayvon would have died easier to one round of 4 buck with less collateral damage. Hit probability is higher, incapacitation is more likely, death rather than disability (and liability in court later), is higher. You can always download to lighter and lighter buck to prevent rounds escaping your shitheap paper walls trailer, etc.

The only true downside to the shotgun is pump guns require more training, since short shucking under stress can be a serious problem. Obviously semi shotguns eliminate that problem altogether

>laughs in 30 cal

Attached: tommy-gun-30-cal.jpg (1200x408, 222K)

>It baffles me how AR fags think magdumping deafening rifle rounds in close quarters is a good self defense tactic
It baffles me that when you think "AR for home defense" you're not picturing Subsonic 300 BLK and a suppressor.

And unless your HD shotty is equipped with a can it's going to make you just as deaf as an unsupressed AR would.

sawed off double barrel.

It worked for me in Afghani qalats, nigger. Shotguns are for birds.

buck will massively over-penetrate too.

>4 MOA
Implying you can shoot better, and that 4 MOA isn't perfectly adequate.
>200 yards tops
So fucking what? There aren't many things I can draw LOS to locally that are beyond 200 meters, excepting down roadways. If you live in the desert or on top of a fucking mountain that's great, but you're a minority.

yes and this is a tragedy of technological suppression by our repressive states. we absolutely should have moved onto better things by now (eg. salvo fire).

>not a western hunter
last game animal I took was 450 yards and last coyote I took was 650 yards

>an ar will have faster follow up shots
>an ar will have more follow up shots
>an ar will only dramatically over penetrate if you use the wrong not fragmenting ammunition
>an ar WILL BE FATAL with one round of heavy fragmenting bullet to the chest like 75gr tap or 77gr tmk

Unironically the best choice even if not full auto.
>pistol rounds less lethal than 556 after sailing through walls
>many more rounds than relevant on tap
>low recoil and muzzle blast
>vastly more lethal than pistol due to higher velocities

Can anyone tell me what gun this is?

Attached: unknown.png (1202x583, 465K)

Wow I dont know but it sure looks old!!

BASED

Spam-12

SLAMMED

Yes and I also live in the west and plan on getting set up for long range hunting too, but there are still lots of people out here who bow and pistol hunt. In fact, I took my first deer with a Ruger Super Redhawk. My point still stands that a shotgun is more useful for normal citizens than a lpng ramge rifle.

Where's the gif of that folding shotgun on forgotten weapons?

Attached: burgess folding shotgun.png (826x329, 304K)

S L A M M E D

Im about to buy a shotgun for home defense. Budget 500 including ammo and peripherals. I like the idea of a short barrel. What get?

>>an ar WILL BE FATAL with one round of heavy fragmenting bullet to the chest like 75gr tap or 77gr tmk
>I'm going to take a cartridge that was designed for high velocity, flat shooting, naturally fragmenting Spitzer bullets and remove all of those traits

Gender neutral, tactiqueers that closely follow gun trends need to get /lgbt/. Do you not think basic bitch 55 grain bullets won't do that better? If you're REALLY concerned just buy 55 grain Hornady XTP or something

18.5 maverick 88, 250 rounds of cheap bulk S&B 00 buck, 100 rounds of slugs, XS big dot.

Mossberg 590 Shockwave is a "meme gun" but meets your requirements.

I don't disagree with you. I love pump action scattergats, those and levergats are two of my favorite kind of guns.

Mossberg 500 or 590 with a nylon side saddle and some #4 buckshot. Short barrel is kind of nice but is mostly a meme as long as it's below 20 inches honestly. You should be guarding your room while you cops in most situations but whatever

>powerful enough to knock a grizzly on its ass and conceivably kill anything that walks
I stopped reading

Here's my slampig. Very versatile. Love it

Attached: PicsArt_05-10-02.jpg (1800x778, 453K)

>when you dont know shit about bullet design
the post

I can hide my KSG under a big coat.

And here's a current timestamp showing the asshat above is spamming my Slampig pics. Again.

Attached: PicsArt_05-15-03.09.49.jpg (1855x497, 192K)

Why? Are you dyslexic??

Attached: deadbear.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

You ever thought about using an optic

I considered it, but in the past, I always did better with iron sights. That's how I was taught. I have a few I could try on it, but I'll prolly stick to what works for me.

Plus, I built it this way to streamline it. That's why I built the light. Having stuff sticking out from a gun just kinda irks me. I'm old school like that.

What would work best for home defense on Slampig?

It is versatile, but only against animals.
Modern humans and vehicles make it garbage.
>5.56 green tip (steel penetrator) will blow a hole in 3/8" steel plate @ 100 yards.
>12 gauge slug fired at 3/8" steel plate @ 25 feet doesn't even leave a mark.

Reminder that anything that will reliably kill a human being will overpenetrate more drywall than you have in your house.

Attached: drywall_comparison_9mm_5.56_and_12g.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

>Change my mind.
That was easy.

Attached: IMG_1623.jpg (1440x1080, 383K)

Too bad sawn offs are illegal

S L A M M E D

They're not, though.

200 yards is fucking more than plenty for almost any hunting situation other than fucking shooting a goat from a mountain top. if you needed to shoot something further than that then you would need a weapon that is already specialized for shooting things at that distance, and only at that distance. shotguns are the most versatile weapons on earth dude just face it, embrace, enjoy it

name a realistic situation where you would NEED to engage a target at over 200 yards. and you can't say sport hunting for a trophy moose in Alaska on a trip that you paid 10 grand for. I'm talking a real-world, life or death shtf "i need a gun for this situation" type of a situation. 200 yards is a pretty long distance in relation to most people's normal lives, towns/cities etc

I need that one in the middle. It has me literally diamonds right now

thank you, sane user

I swear, the way some anons talk about 00 buck makes it sound like it'd put holes clean through the Hoover Dam

When you need to assassinate tactical punkins after SHTF duh

QUESTION

I know this sounds strange but US gun laws are not fucking logical anyway so it needs to be asked. I know that the legality of a gun usually resides in the original way it was manufactured. That's a bad way of saying it but it's all I got because I'm tired.

Anyway. If I were to buy a Mossberg Shockwave, and then also buy a normal Mossberg 590 full length barrel, and a full size buttstock, am I allowed to swap both out as I please with the Shockwave to make a full length shotgun? I know that I couldn't put just 1 of these on at a time because of the law, but if it's both (and theoretically if I did them at the same exact time so there wasn't even a second that it was a full length shotgun with a short buttstock or a pistol grip shotgun with a long barrel etc) Can I do this? I just want both but I don't want to spend all that dosh

Just because shotgun CAN reach out to 200 doesnt mean you're going to be able to. That usually involves a separate slug barrel and appropriate optic, as slugs drop like a rock past 75 yards. That's like saying you can make a 1000y shot with a pistol - just because it's possible doesnt mean its viable.

I agree with you but for 99% of applications 100 yards is overkill with any gun. Most deer are taken well under 100 yards. Almost all self defense situations are well well well under that, if not point blank. Thinking you NEED to be able to reach 400 yards in shtf is for immature larpers.

556 is actually preference because it doesn't over penetrate.

You're not wrong, but that doesn't negate the possibility of needing to and the value of being able to. 200m isnt nearly as far as you might think, once you're outside of the city.

Why is it called slam pig anyways? Didn’t someone say it can’t even slam fire?

In other news, does anyone know the differences between a Ithaca 37 DS police special and a regular 37 with the extended tube? Is it just the rifle sights?

Bulky, cumbersome ammo, low capacity, less than desirable effective kill range, usually manually operated, noisy to operate, shitty aftermarket parts that only add weight, crap sights on most models(if any). Literally any other long arm is better.

Well, I just kinda overheard it at the store a month ago! Seriously. Two Youngs guys talking about a fat girl. I had all I could do from busting out laughing. Wife heard it, too. She was looking at me, just WAITING for me to say something!

I liked the name. It kinda just stuck. And no, it has nothing to do with slam fire, because it obviously can't.

Since we're already on the topic of shotguns, does anyone else have a Pardner Pump? I have one of the PPP models and like it well enough. My only complaint is that the barrel/receiver fit is a little looser than I'd like so I shimmed but as I understand it accuracy isn't meaningfully affected one way or another. I did replace the plastic magazine follower with an aluminum one.

Anyone else have any experiences with the H&Rs?

If that's 4 MOA of drop that wouldn't be that bad at 200. Almost makes me want to see someone run a shotgun with a rifled barrel, slugs, and a red dot/eokek through a 2 gun match and see how it does. Sure it won't be competitive against rifles but it would be interesting to see.

Interstate arms hawk shotguns are top notch. They are full on norinco milspec 870 clones. I'm specifically referring to the hawk model 982 with the ghost ring sight. Had one for five fun years of blasting junk. It took 3in mags like a chap, never had issues aside from a stiff interrupter. I never even got it to break in a little in at least 600rds of whatever trash shot and top shelf slugs I fed it. They are all steel and still cheap. Unironically buy 5.

I have the pardner pump protector. Nothing is overtly loose and it’s a pretty tight shotgun overall. $200 out the door with 50 rounds of buckshot... 5 years ago. I think they’re in the $140 range now. Anyway, I’ve had zero issues with mine. It’s a tad heavier than some shotguns but it’s been 100% reliable.

Mine snapped its ejector spring thingy and was unservicable. Drilled out the rivet. Kept shooting.

#4 buck has 27 pellets that each weigh 20 grains, when they only penetrate treyvon 2 inches deep, he will proceed to magdump his fawtycal into you as you attempt to pump your tactical fudd stick and then proceed to fuck you in the ass with his 12 inch deep penetrator

That's a slampig my good sir

my AR freefloated with a 1-8x scope would beg to differ out to 600 yards engagement

the way this guy types makes me want to kill myself

How often do you REALLY need to shoot more than 10-25 yards. Be real.

Wut. 12 gauge slug at 25 feet, not even leaving a mark on the steel plate? You're high as fuck.

25 feet is a pretty short distance user, I'm positive a 12 gauge slug will have plenty of energy at that point.

ITT: OP-"Shotguns are extremely versatile and an amazing tool as far as firearms go"
ARG fags: "We've escaped, lets go shit up other threads!"

Attached: max_payne_3_5469762b42.jpg (496x661, 69K)

theyre versatile but theyre only best when dealing with small varmints and bird. they work in other places but are lacking compared to other options and since people here are hobbyist theyre going to have more than one gun.

das right fellow nigger, micro uzi are best gunz. eazy conceal and firepoer

There is at least one confirmed kill of a water buffalo at 220 using a super black eagle and sabot slugs. That's not even one of the specialty heavy barreled dedicated slug bolt action shotguns

Turns out that people are in fact, still animals and not made of steel

where to get dat light?

No. It can -NEVER- have had a stock to not be an SBS with the 14" barrel. Thats the point.

Look man, everyone loves the Governor and it's ethnic cousin the Judge but they're toys. The lack the power and capacity of similarly sized guns while lacking the versatility and usefulness of real shotguns.

Ahahahaha are you retarded? Do you know how many deer I have killed with 12 ga slugs? Also black bear? I'd be willing to bet shot placement will kill a grizzly just as easily, only for small game, you're an idiot and have obviously never used firearms for hunting, I prefer a 22 for small game unless we are talking waterfowl.

Never seen such a no guns post in my life. "like firearms don't shoot fire, man..."

Attached: IMG_1876.jpg (1440x1080, 146K)

I’m glad u asked
A common misconception is that bright lights are good. The only way you can truly get a proper light is to assemble one out of eBay and Walmart components with JB weld.
Standard tac lights just don’t work.

rather jus buy one

The Military was experimenting with them as urban suppressive fire weapons.