U-235 machine gun when?

Attached: Chernobyl - S01 - 02.mkv_snapshot_00.12.52_[2019.05.15_00.21.54].png (892x502, 447K)

You're delusional, go to the infirmary.

How bout a grenade?

Attached: Nuke Thermo Nuke.webm (484x360, 2.91M)

you know i expected this show to be filled with so much murica propaganda that would have made the last ship to blush

but i really got suprised as to how close to reality it is so far

Have you ever watched the Battleship movie?
Yes, the one based on the old board game.
The alien ships fire pegs.

Now I know how a nuclear reactor works. I don’t need you anymore.

Attached: 37AB433B-CC57-454F-8348-33E57337BE96.jpg (570x544, 42K)

yeah its pretty down to earth. everyone is going to complain about the physicist chick though, even though they fucking admit in the credits shes a made up amalgamation of the entire science community in the USSR

except it's 95% bullshit

you are delusional
back to the gulag

is this real?

Yes, rbmk reactors do not explode.

You have no penis, but a gaping vagina

Correct, that was concrete and tar on the roof, nothing more.

That triggers my nuclear autism a little bit, not gonna lie.
"Every atom of U-235 is like a gun" would have been more accurate.

>reddit

The problem isn’t that its a woman
The problem is the “you boys are idiots, let a woman handle this” attitude they gave her, and its pretty insulting to the people who basically saved europe. And a giant problem is that she pulls solutions out her ass
>i saw some old plans and firetrucks, so there must be water under the plant even though the trucks are parked right next to the reactor and she was arrested 10km out from pripyat
>i swabbed the windows, and figured out in 5 minutes that the isotope is from chernobyl
>gets arrested, brought up to crozier right after even though theres a strict nobody enters or leaves order in effect, then goes to shit on the dudes solution to the problem and is in the highest office of the union talking shit to wine stain head
And the bonus “i know you would” line
She hasnt made a single mistake so far which really downplays the effort and ingenuity of the people her character is made out off

Obviously another faulty thread, he's waiting our time.

Attached: 1557959133479.png (844x698, 661K)

Not good, not terrible

>The problem is the “you boys are idiots, let a woman handle this” attitude they gave her, and its pretty insulting to the people who basically saved europe
Not really, the producers at the end literally describe her as an embodyment of all the scientists, physicists and engineers. There were hundreds of these people working as the "good guys" If a man was in this role you wouldn't say "let this dude handle this"

>>i swabbed the windows, and figured out in 5 minutes that the isotope is from chernobyl
Thats actually real, the spectrometer she used literally does what she did. Its not hard to put 2 and 2 together, the alarm went off when the window was open, she wipes the window and puts it in the nuclear spectrometer and wow would you believe that they had instruments capable of detecting radioactive decay and the type of radiation it is. This is why its easy to spot decay products and its easy to tell what place they came from.

>If a man was in this role you wouldn't say "let this dude handle this"
Nice projecting
The main problem is the attitude and the lack of mistakes. Everyone in the show made mistakes, guesses, risks
She being the only major fictional character made absolutely no mistakes

>Nice projecting
Thats not projecting thats literally what you said. Shes an authority figure and these scientists she represents literally sat down and had to take a shit on all the nonsense the middle management folks were spewing.

The producers admit she isn't real, that a woman would have never existed in a chemist, physicist, let alone anything nuclear or engineering. Her point about the tanks being full of water was a real issue that was missed initially by the protagonist. Of all disasters this is actually a very well documented one because of the scope and reach this had.

So when you complain that ">i swabbed the windows, and figured out in 5 minutes that the isotope is from chernobyl" Remember that the power plant in Sweden ALSO picked up the same isotopes because that sort of spectrometry is real, what she did wasn't fake.

Remember that she isn't real and represents the hundreds of scientists, the producers are compacting characters to drive the plot, mistakes would be pointless unless the hundreds of scientists she represents also made the same consistent mistakes. Everyone else in the room is a real person and their dialogues and inferences are well documented including the water tank mistake.

Also just to finish it off. She isn't a character we can readily quote like the others, we can't quote her because we're trying to quote hundreds of scientists. We can quote the other characters because they were real.

Dyatlov go to bed

>The problem is the “you boys are idiots, let a woman handle this” attitude they gave her

I know it's HBO and it's 2019, but this is still television and it still requires simple stories that audiences are able to understand.

Yeah but she did hours worth of work in a few seconds and the equipment wasn't convincing. She rubbed a sample from a window with a rag, put the rag in a toaster oven or something, and read the spectrogram off the screen of an oscilloscope.

Or they could give their viewers the benefit of the doubt that they aren't pants-on-head retarded and produce something of value.

Attached: LoGH Certain Victory.jpg (500x1500, 574K)

No.

>Yeah but she did hours worth of work in a few seconds
No you moron thats literally how fast it takes. The spectrometer has a detector that reads the decay products of the radiation. Radioactive decay products are usually proprietary to specific isotopes. For example U235 doesn't decay to the same products as 239.

>toaster oven
you've literally never read about the simplest of nuclear chemistry. This technology has existed for decades by the time chernobyl happened.

>she did hours of work
it actually doesn't take much effort to do what she did. It works the same way a Geiger counter reads radiation except in this case the machine is able to differentiate between spectra of decay like said.

Clearly brainlets like you who've never stepped foot outside highschool chemistry wouldn't know fuck all.

I know more about nuclear physics than you do. Show me how the device pictured is any type of authentic instrument and not a cobbled together prop.

Fuck off, shill.

>“you boys are idiots, let a woman handle this” attitude they gave her

She has pretty much the same attitude as Legasov, but she's actually familiar with the reactor set up.