Marine Corps wants a new Common Optic

>thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/14/us-marine-corps-release-rfi-for-new-infantry-rifle-optic/

Attached: 4022707cropped-768x307.jpg (768x307, 49K)

>the potential number of optics sought has reduced from ‘between 18,000 and 194,000’ to ‘between 18,000 and 30,000’.
lol

it's going to be a bigger ACOG woooo so hyped

>fancy new guns
>fancy new optics

I thought the Marines were the poorest of the services?

This is why they had to adopt a "new SAW" to replace their old shitty M4s.

Attached: m27iar.jpg (2250x1500, 472K)

That's a dumb fucking meme, since the 90's the Marines have gotten cool shit and new toys constantly.

Probably an LVPO if they're copying SOCOM.

These fucking faggots are getting silencers as regular grunts.

I’m about to get an M27 and I’m not even infantry lmao

What's your MOS? I know some guys at my unit who used to be part of a Combat Assault Battalion (engineers) and they had them, my unit is still stuck with M16s and M4s rn though

this is bullshit i was at bootcamp in 2012 and some platoons were still using irons to qualify

They all use optics to qualify now.

>finally get everyone almost with acogs outfited.
>some fucking boomer general or gunner has a sweet deal with an optics company and wants a cut of the next contract

fucking kikes.

Why are they wasting money on expensive toys instead of, I don't know, JUST TEACHING PEOPLE HOW TO SHOOT!

If someone manages to meet all these requirements would it be a good thing if it got released on the civilian market? I don't know too much about magnified optics and I'm wondering if these requirements are good or not and if there's anything comparable already out.

I used irons in army basic in 2011

Shut up fudd

>expensive toy

Optics were the last revolution in firearms. They give a huge performance increase for free (ok, for money, which is free for the feds). A noob with an optic can rival a pro with irons, and a professional can reliably execute tasks which would be slim odds otherwise.

because optics are cheaper

>TEACHING PEOPLE HOW TO SHOOT
They already do that. Optics make people way more combat effective.

there are a number of optics that are 99% there

the autistic NVG goggle brightness requirement might get in the way of some of them

Yeah, why the fuck do we need anything but a good shooter with a nice reliable rifle like the Garand?
All these new fangled toys with the body armor, climbing out of those bulky expensive APCs with air support over head burning money just to be in the air, what a waste when you can just teach these boys how to shoot and win the war in 2 weeks.

Buying each Marine a silencer only reduces upstream VA hearing loss claims

This. If you can't nail a man-sized target at 500 yards with in basically any condition, you need to go back to the range or take your disabled ass out of this man's army.

>A semi-automatic rifle
LMFAO learn how to shoot, if you need to take more than one shot in a row you need to work on marksmanship fundamentals. Just issue bolt actions with irons, that's more than enough for anyone who knows what they're doing.

I don't know what came over me or why I recommended such a hand holding piece of equipment, leave those for the scaredy guys in the rear with the gear.
Simo hayha dropped how many of those dirty pinko commie fucks before we even realized they were the real enemy? Sure would save on budget to just buy a bunch of mosin crates till every grunt has one, then if we ever decide to go back to japan to finish the job personally we can fish the waters and paddle through the jungle rivers with our service rifle.
What an era we're ushering in

That means they changed it from Corps wide to only the 03's

fucking hector chang over here with the irons

>Service rifle
Go back and fucking practice on your bow and arrow skills if you can't nail a man sized target at 500 yards with a longbow you fucking kids and your toys

That shits for dirty redskins, go smokum peace pipe and fuck off from my thread.

I actually have hearing loss but it makes perfect sense regarding my MOS.

A very loud one. We have M4s, M16s and 249s now, but the plan is that in a few months we’re ditching all M16s for M4s and ditching all M249s for M27s plus some extra ones thrown in.