AR 18

Why didn’t the ar 18/ar 180 become big like the ar15?

Attached: 0E6EB6E9-75AB-41E6-9F6B-0E2D5E6B295D.jpg (1024x768, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VuDjJ9KIxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bushmaster and Colt didnt make them too.

Not adopted by military

But it did tho
In a wide variety of snazzy polymer outfits

Made for markets already dominated by AK and G3
No interest from US military.
Everyone else would just make improved copies.

>THE BRITS AND POLICE HARASS ME EACH TIME THAT I GO OUT

>THEY ASK ME IF I’VE SEEN MA DAD OR IF HE’S BEEN ABOUT

>I SAY MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND JUST LEAVE ME ALONE

>YOU SURE YER NOT ONLY JEALOUS YOU HAVE NO FATHERS OF YOUR OWN

>WELLLLL MY OLD MAN’S A PROVO WITH A BERET AND A GUN

Attached: CFB6DC2B-C677-4F30-9F65-D9350A6A7917.png (1054x526, 84K)

There are AR-18 derivatives being produced in Canada right now. They're even making some in 7.62x39.

Attached: WK-181C.jpg (1600x1067, 289K)

I want a ar180.

I wish they still made the original ar180s though.

Why? Originals are all over gunbroker, if you want one then go buy one.
>i want a new one but cheaper
Then you dont really want one.

When people finally acknowledged the AR15 was shit, other companies already copied the AR18 design and improved upon it. Many nations adopted these improved designs.

It did in a way. HK basically copied the gas piston system for the 416, and that's become a very popular system around the world.

Pretty much this. Because it wasn't really robust enough.

I think the G36 is closer to the AR18/180 than the 416. Isn't it? The 416 is similar from what I gather... but two systems are slightly different, right?

>ar18

Attached: B9CA7BF2-46D9-494E-8632-745A723AE0FC.jpg (1024x791, 69K)

It’s a good gun

>Why didn’t the ar 18/ar 180 become big like the ar15?

Late to the party.

In the next round, practically everybody took it's guts and stuffed them in new fancy shells.

If anything, only recently is the AR-18 platform losing popularity, with everybody now settling on a daring synthesis of AR-15 and AR-18-esque short stroke gas piston because of marketing.

>The 416 is similar from what I gather... but two systems are slightly different, right?
Yes, the AR-18 and G36 have rails for the BCG to ride to alleviate the issues with the piston strike being off center, plus the BCG stays within the reciever for it's entire length of travel.

The 416 replaces the gas tube and key of the M4 with a short stroke piston fitted to a BCG with skis to alleviate carrier tilt and still requires the BCG to enter the buffer tube.

>I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM LATELY, HE'S ALWAYS ON THE RUN

Attached: 1557711289077.jpg (2592x1944, 3.93M)

since where on ar15 lookalikes i love daewoos

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

I love those

noot noot, the OTHER stone DI rifle, coming thru.

Seriously, the K1a has a bunch of unrealized potential as a platform. Their modernization of it is like the laziest possible, too.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (500x190, 24K)

>HE LOOKS SO REALLY TRENDY IN HIS SHADES AND DM BOOTS
> FAR COOLER THAN THOSE OTHER DADS IN TIES AND SHIRTS AND SUITS!

Attached: 47430852-936E-484F-B028-6367817C7FAC.jpg (500x493, 125K)

a milled AR-180 is like a milled FAL

I plan on getting one

It's not a real AR18 its trash that only looks like one.

How is it not a real AR18 you retard?

>IF THE LOWER DOESN'T SAY "COLT" IT'S JUST A CLONE

What is the L85a1/a2

My mind is fucking blown.

What's the name of this song?

A piece of shit?

'Cause Sting no likey.

youtube.com/watch?v=1VuDjJ9KIxM

Rolling for dead brits

checkem

Lol.

Just an ar18 with garbage ergonomics

>ME DA IS IN LONG KUSH, TO ME IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT
>I SAY A SPECIAL PRAY'R FOR HIM AS I GO TO BED TONIGHT
>TODAY IT WAS IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY, I SENT HIM IN A CAKE
>THERE WAS SEMTEX IN THE CANDLES HE'LL BE OUT BEFORE I WAKE

my old man's a provo

>"AR is shit. Dont pay attention it to be used far, far, far more frequently by SOF world wide than any other platform"

The original AR18 rifles weren't all that durable or reliable. The operating system was snazzy though, which is why it was copied so often.

-Their primary purpose of being a more affordable AR-15 was never fulfilled because potential customers just bough AR-15s anyway

-AR180s are allegedly pieces of shit, and nor worthy buying even if you're a collector.

Gas tube and mag feed almost looks like an ak platform Galil

it was adopted by the Korean military, the K-2 is a ripoff of the AR18 with a few cool changes and updates. Of course noone cares about worst Korea so Americans didn't buy it.
IDK about the actual AR180s, but I really like the K2 and K2C1's ive handled. I really want to shoot a K2C but I think only SF has them and the SF I've seen out here have K1A's and K9's. I really want new production K2C's to get imported, I'd buy one even if it was $3k

Was referring to actual AR180s, I have K2 AR-100 and love it, enough Americans bought them that they're generally the cheapest of all pre-import ban rifles and can pretty easily be found for less than $2000.

Never heard about the K2 being an Ar-18 clone, I've always heard it was a mashup of the AR-15, AK and FAL, and the Howa Type 89 is the Ar-18 clone.

Only retards jungle tape thier mags together like that, he should have taped them side by side with a spacer in between them. I guess the Terminator wasnt given detailed files on how not to fight like a retarded nigger.

Attached: aff2.jpg (680x680, 44K)

Based

Attached: 1509564732993.png (630x945, 933K)

Watch Uppote.

On gun broker they are not really that much, usually between 1000-2000. Worth it IMO, AR18 is a great Rifle

Imo it’s better than the AR15. They probably should have sold it to law enforcement instead of militaries.

I want one of these also

For the same reason you asked a few days ago: A low-cost alternative to the AR-15 for poor friendly countries wasn’t necessary because the US had plenty of good-condition Garands and M1 Carbines left over from WWII to give out as military aid to any poor country that promised to be on our side in the Cold War. If you’re poor, free > cheap. End of story.

They should have marketed the AR18 for law enforcement instead

Good gun

Isn't it the most copied action in modern, non AR15, rifles?

Yes.

Yes it is. So many guns are based off of the ar18

call me retarded but whats that type of like slider called?

>a milled FAL
are you some kind of retarded

Attached: 1493025383811.jpg (1024x476, 238K)