Kel Tec KS7 Review thread

Just bought a keltec ks7 and would like to post my review to k, for those who want to hear it. Its a new gun and not many are out in the wild yet but I got one.
Alrigth k, heres the lowdown. First the gun is picky with ammo. 2 3/4 buck for mine runs and feeds the best. Slugs and minishells not so much, still breaking it in. The lip on the pump is wider, kel tec most likely does not want your hand blown off. One other issue is, you have to rack it hard, could just be from breaking it in. The fiber optic front sight is nice and works well. Easy to short stroke. M lok mounts on the carry handle rail and in the buttstock. Other than that, the gun functions and feels great overall and will be making this my new, HD gun. Also with how high the carry handle is, I dont think ill be mounting an optic on it. Flashlight and sling is all. Feel free to ask more questions, I am a little drunk now.

Attached: 20190515_163037.jpg (2576x1932, 1.3M)

Yeah?

>not a slampig
shiggy

Yeah.

Can you make a yt vidya with this info?

I would but I dont do youtube, maybe I will. Update the dissemble directions from kel tec suck. Getting the bolt back on, was not too clear. After that, its easy to take apart and put back together.

Pump shotguns usually don't like being babied.
You gotta rack it with authority!

hows it point?
do you just shoulder it and it feels right or do you have to readjust to find the sights?

>they didn't fix the hard shucking issue
Keltec, wtf are you doing

Good shit OP, thanks.

user, ive handled a bunch of different pumps before and this keltec. Is by far a picky bitch. It just wants to be slammed hard.

that thing is helghast as fuck. I like it. break it in with a couple hundred shots and tell us if the thing is worth it after breaking it in

>carry handle

why?

To carry

It's the BR and shotgun from Halo mixed together. I want it.

Congrats op. U are not a faggot

Carry handle is shit. Warped when Keltec shipped it back after service for not feeding (double feed/not extracting). Pins that hold the outer claw and actuator bar keep walking out, even after service. Butt pad is wafer thin and you can feel the bolt when the action is to the rear. Pump is shit and is too easily rocked left and right when shucking (probably causing the pins to walk). This beta tester said fuck it.

It took the ksg like 4 runs to be a worthwhile firearm so I expect it to be great in 5 years.

It has the pulse rifle from aliens feel to it.Mine does not have that warping issue or atleast yet. Besides having to rack it hard, the forend feels solid and well built. I do think keltec made the forend stronger since, that dude blew his hand off on the ksg.

I don't know if you got a special addition or something but my KS7 forend feels like a few steps over a supersoaker in terms of durability. The first thing I thought when I picked it up at my lgs was "hopefully mcarbo will fix this". I bought a KSG rail for 35 bucks to replace the carry handle and sit an optic. It fits but you may want to get some narrower washers than what comes originally on the KS7. Best of luck to ya.

Does it have the same mind-blowing capabilities as its big daddy?

No, 00 buck turns into cotton candy moving at a snail's pace if you hold it under your chin.

How the hell can a pump shotgun be “picky with ammo”?

OP is a bitch and doesn't know you need to work the pump hard

Same way any other gun can, because it's a machine. That cheap ass Winchester shells with the steel "brass" for example, are pretty shit. They work most of the time but people have had less than stellar experiences and that's before we even get to patterning

>needing to not have baby arms is an issue

>lmao just lift fgt

why would you want a shotgun that is MORE LIKELY to short stroke?

>more likely to short stroke
Exclusively due to user error, armlets notwithstanding

Same as the AR-15, you need an elevated sight line due to the inline stock, so you may as well make it a carry handle. Otherwise that elevated rib would just look retarded.

Attached: ljutic-spacegun.jpg (800x400, 33K)

Minishells would double feed.Op here, I workout constantly and its feels great to rack but having to rack it hard everytime, makes this a shotgun not for the masses. I love it personally.