Why was Nakajima Ki-84/100 & Kawanishi N1K so good?

Why was Nakajima Ki-84/100 & Kawanishi N1K so good?

Attached: ki84-6a.jpg (602x433, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

airvectors.net/avwcat_9.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>japshit
>even remotely good

Jap planes were highly outclassed during the entirety of the war. Their designs were really just insanely subpar copies of prewar American designs that led to dead ends. Not a single Jap plane was remotely competent, you just need to look at the astronomically lopsided k/d ratios they had compared to American planes. Even the Wildcat and the Buffalo greatly outclassed and trounced the much overfellated Zero in jsut about every engagement. Jap planes were literal paper skinned underarmed deathtraps that would be shit in 1937, let alone when the Pacific war kicked off.

The "muh maneuverability and maximum range" autists finally got out of the way.

Because it didn't see enough combat for people to realize it wasn't even on par with Hellcats and Corsairs

If they were so good how come they lost the war? checkmate, jap

>zeros gets severely outclassed by newer american planes
>americans got used to turkey shoots, with the zeros being the turkeys
>Suddenly the japs fields the ki, which still sucks, but sucks just abit less than the zero
>People are suprised that it sucks a slightly bit less, and starts thinking the ki is some super weapons.
Its good because zeros set the bar pretty low

I wonder how they managed to get so much range.

Vely Implessive, circa 1940s, the post.

Boeing XF8B
Would they have been able to cope?

Attached: XF8B-I_(US_Navy).jpg (640x439, 25K)

Is that Bearcats sexy sister or something?

I'm disappointed America didn't drop the third bomb on these gooks.

Is there even any proof Jiro copied that racer plane for his Zero?

TWO

BOMBS

Jiro copied a mediocre British design for his Zero which explains its shitty performance.

WERE

NOT

NOT

Where did it appear in Kotobuki? Thats my reference for all Japanese planes now

Attached: p1.jpg (1000x630, 62K)

ENOUGH

Sauce for the claims, I would like to read that cuz looks interesting.

based

Attached: 1557956879265.png (720x540, 523K)

>Nakajima Ki-84/100
You what now.

N1K-Js appeared as early as the first episode, Ki-84s pop up later, the black ones. Plenty of Ki-100s in the last few episodes.

Because it was designed, made and piloted by samurai.

Attached: 1553652105501.jpg (1024x986, 153K)

"Samurai" means "serf", doesn't it?

Anime

>the Buffalo greatly outclassed and trounced the much overfellated Zero
What? Only the Finns could make that plan work

Dare I say it, impressive?

>Bearcats sexy sister or something?
Did you smoke construktion waste or something? Bearcat was just about the sexiest plane of the entire pacific war. And it was a climbing rate monster with the smallest possible frame and the biggest possible engine. Same engine as Hellcat and Corsair, man, but at 2/3 to 3/4 of their size.

But: did you guys ever ask yourself how a Wildcat or a Hellcat would have looked with a bubble canopy? Prepare to get erect:
airvectors.net/avwcat_9.png

Attached: 14387596771_9dabd57669_b.jpg (1024x768, 89K)

>Why was Nakajima Ki-84/100 & Kawanishi N1K so good?

Because you're playing war thunder instead of learning about actual combat reports and real history

Attached: hh.jpg (480x479, 26K)

You all are either uneducated or retarded. Either way I have read through far more wwii aviation texts then the majority of the people here have and I can safely say they were excellent fighters. They don't hold up to post war variants of the mustang, corsair, and hellcat (bearcat) but that's granted. Not even mentioning the individual performance of the aircraft themselves one only has to look at the combat records to realize their true potential. Even sub-par inexperienced late war Japanese pilots could go toe to toe with veteran allied pilots in their aircraft and have a chance. But it was in the hands of the aces that the ki84's, 100's and N1K2's truly shined

Were they better or worse fighters to the contemporary americans planes? What was the secret of their range and manuverability?

We didn't have a third one ready and even if we did there wasn't much left to destroy that wasn't already a barren ash heap. Funny how this place gets buttmad about dresden but is all gungho for agonizing japs

Rather comparable to each other if not a bit better in some respects but lacking in others. For example Allied fighters had the advantage at high altitude performance for sure, but most fighter vs fighter combat over japan wasn't very far up. Allied aircraft also had better fuel and were more mechanically reliable, but that is where their advantages end vehicle wise.
>What was the secret of their range and manuverability?
Only early war unprotected flying deathtraps like the betty bomber and zero had meme tastic range. But that's because they sacrificed protection and self sealing fuel tanks to achieve that. Same goes for the zero's maneuverability, it gained that mostly through leaving out many unnecessary features. The ki's and n1k2 still retained a maneuverability advantage over allied craft they were not on zero levels thanks to all the improvements. (bullet proof glass, self sealing tanks, armored pilot seats ect) N1K2 even had an automated combat flaps system

Think the bearcat or the Boeing XF8B could beat the N1K2 1v1?

Those are immediate post war super props so definitely no. Unless this is slav thunder where american pilots are braindead retards and the n1k2 is a ufo flown by Saburō Sakai incarnate.

>Jow Forums
>read

By not having armor, self sealing fuel tanks or radios

I must be the exception to the rule here then. What you see is only the part of my collection I have room for on the shelf, the majority is stacked in the closet.

Attached: 20190517_102853.jpg (3264x2448, 2.48M)

Drach is that you?

I don't know who drach is m8

Attached: no-this-is-patrick.jpg (396x301, 20K)

You make this thread every week.
Hang yourself.

Ameriboos everybody

They're now literally on par with Vatniks and chinks

The F-35 threads are a great example of this.

>Unless this is slav thunder where american pilots are braindead retards
P-51 Muttstang best turn fighter of WWII! How the hell did I lose a dogfight with a Zero?!

Should have change the board name to "Jow Forums- American weapons only"
You can't have a thread about other countries' weapons without "IT'S SHIT, AMERICANS' WERE BETTER" posts.

the second part of your sentence contradicts the first

But that's factually correct though

That doesn't mean you have to be obnoxious or arrogant about it.

Not really, the n1k2 only has such a high battle rating because its flight model has been unrealistically op for years which allows it to go up against bearcans. It would be rather one sided in favor of f8f in real life but that's gaijin for you. American pilots are still retards in that game though.

ho up are we talking about real life or war thunder? I took from the second part of your sentence that only under extraordinary circumstances could the n1k2 beat the bearcat and XF8B

Why does gaijin love Japanese planes so much?

>gaijin
>love Japanese planes
I guess that why most of them are so overtiered and have such high repair cost.