What's the most versatile outdoorsman's rifle? Can one gun effectively take small/medium game, kill people and bears?...

What's the most versatile outdoorsman's rifle? Can one gun effectively take small/medium game, kill people and bears? .45-70 seems too big for small game.

Attached: Working-File-70450_Marlin_1895TSBL_Trapper_45-70_16in_right.jpg (1200x450, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRPo19DWlZY
gunbroker.com/item/812433213
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AR-15

Famas

I use a .44 mag lever action. Even out of a 16 inch barrel, it can take down some big shit, including beara and humans.

The most versatile outdoorsman's rifle that can take everything from small to large game and people is a shotgun.
>but that's not rifled
They make rifled barrels for slugs, and rifled slugs for smoothbores.

Rifled slugs don’t do anything
Rifled bores only work on saboted rounds

20 Guage with a few barrels and chokes.

Attached: downloadfile-157.jpg (640x480, 54K)

.308 with pic related for small game.

Attached: mcace chamber insert.jpg (983x558, 200K)

Savage 24 combo rifle/shotguns. Prove me wrong faggots.

Just load round balls in your .45-70 case and reduce the load for small game.

How's the accuracy on those .32 H&R with the typical .308 rifling? I wonder if I could get a magazine full of those to run in my PTR-91.

Drilling rifles are hugely popular with hunters in Europe because they can go into the woods with one gun and take anything they come across.

Obviously the most versatile would be a combination gun, seeing as you asked for one gun, and not one calibre.

I'd prefer some thing thatd allow for a better follow up shot, if used against a bear.

.22 with a scope.
Will literally kill anything except the latgest of the games. Shot placement yo

Define "largest"

Full auto integrally suppressed 338 lapua carbine with an underail 12 gauge shotgun.

Historically soldiers were issued birdshot 45/70 to supplement rations

Slampigs are pretty versatile

Lever action? Probably 30/30, but in general I think a .308 is good for everything.

A lever action in 45-70 is fantastic. Gotta use different loads for what you’re hunting
.308 is a great round for basically anything except griz. Not my first choice for elk or moose but it would work.
I’m a weatherby guy so I think the 300 wby mag is the best all around North American game cartridge, so my answer would be a mark v chambered in that

Attached: 8EAADD36-72B4-42D3-B263-E9B9E80B90F7.jpg (704x313, 53K)

No. youtube.com/watch?v=jRPo19DWlZY

Attached: 1456726390070.jpg (640x427, 26K)

Can you even get a famas in the states without selling your spare organs to afford one?

AR-15's can change into tons of calibers with just a BCG and mag. The CMMG 22lr conversions are great.

I think that's pretty obvious.

Attached: Kalashnikov, Mikhail.jpg (1500x1208, 242K)

No

You ever shoot one of those? Better with throwing the gun at whatever you're aiming at.

mein negger

My gun for when I go camping is an HK SL8 that was converted to an HK G36 configuration and I can shoot lots of different things with it. I would say a big part of what gun is where you are camping but because I don't really have much wildlife where I camp I want an effective gun for anything I might encounter. I am also a fan of making sure that the optic that you pick out for your gun is top quality.

Taking a guess here but a lever .357 magnum

Load a .45-70 lighter than a skunk fart and you can pop squirrels with it all day. If you're not using an auto loader then you have a huge range in what you can do with its given cartridge. So long as you're not risking a squib or secondary detonation from inordinately low working pressure you're golden.
A subsonic .45-70 is perfect for rabbit or any other small game. You can take white tail with moderate loads. Put down those overgrown racoon known as black bears without any trouble.
.45-70 is fantastic and versatile.

the only rifle you’ll ever need for innawoods

Attached: E8DE614B-B647-4E76-BFBB-ACFCF1BEAD37.jpg (1024x768, 116K)

some Jow Forums memes never die

Or reload super light .308 with Trail Boss.

Fudd poacher detected.

Spot on...
Rifled slugs will drop anything at short range...

This. It'll handle any medium sized game, including two legged game, at 80 to 100 yards. Big game at closer range with good shot placement.
The key is to have some good sights (skinner sights for example) as well as good expending ammo like Hornady FTX.

.243 is an excellent choice if you’re game is whitetail and under. 22-250 is badass but in some states it is not legal to use a 22 caliber to hunt whitetail. North America is really too diverse to be limited to one lone rifle cartridge

Based

Came here to post this. AR in 5.56 has everything you need

7.62x39 will 100% explode rabbits and squirrels

He said latgest retard

Or a red dot.

Attached: 2dlkv44.jpg (1200x1600, 870K)

.270 pump...

Attached: F8620537-6800-454B-ADEC-3F2DD13E6DB2.jpg (1100x269, 14K)

I have tested this with my Mini-30 on a fox squirrel while hog hunting. Wayyy too much damage to such a small amount of meat. If you're good enough to pull off headshots on small animals it might work, but it's honestly probably hard to have a one sized fits all outdoor rifle, and as much as it pains me to say this, the AR is probably the best in-between everything option. You could always have a handgun chambered in something hefty, then just use a 22 for anything small, but then your range is extremely limited. I would honestly say if you had a semi-auto or relatively compact rifle in 308
>t.scoutriflememe
and then had a nice handgun in 22 or a decent slingshot, you would pretty much have every basis covered.
>long range shots on Elk or other large game
>Mid-short range shots on Large game
>Deer, Black Bear, Hog, Coyote all taken with 308 would be fine
>Fox/Raccoon might be a weird gray area
>Slingshot/22 pistol for anything else

why did you get a 12 inch solvent trap?

Ruger mini-14. Or a 300 blackout AR-15 or 308 AR-10 if you're leaning towards larger game. But intermediate rounds do the best overall.

Nope, unless you time-travel

Lever action 30-30 with lots of different ammo types. Really light weight hollow points or soft tips for small stuff like coyotes and rabbits even small deer all the way up to 190 grain buffalo bore for elk and moose.

Dork

Not the worst I've been called

>ctrl+f
>Savage 24
>0 results

They are a fantastic survival rifle shotgun, you can find them in many centerfire and rimfire calibers and anywhere from 410 to 12 gauge, sometimes even 10 gauge.

I didn't.

Or you could just go onto gunbroker and buy one.
gunbroker.com/item/812433213

Attached: 1558142938483 soy.jpg (1200x1696, 548K)

why not a 12 guage?

I had an idea to get a Savage Hog Hunter and get some new bottom metal to use with AICS mags.
Or should I get a .45-70?
Just thinking of a do-all gun.

357 revolver

>Pre-Freedom Group Remington 7600 series
The good old Aussie "assault rifle"

.300 WIN MAG

I've shot Axis, Whitetail, Antelope, Gemsbok, Kudu, Warthog, Javelina, and more..... ammo is the key, low grain or high grain. Swift A frames or cheap ammo.

Attached: duiker.jpg (1085x456, 265K)

I'm on the ar meme, with the change of a bolt you can have 22lr. Obviously 556 not bad for deer antelope and medium game like people. Swap of an upper and run cals like 450 458 6.5