Shotgun recommendations

What's up Jow Forums, britbong here. I was considering buying either a semi-automatic shotgun or a double barrel shotgun after getting my section 2 license. I was initially interested in buying a semi-auto, however under the license I'm getting it's capacity would be restricted to 2+1, and they are considerably more expensive than most double barrel shotguns I've seen for sale.

Is it worth buying a semi-auto with this license? or should I just buy a double barrel?

Attached: gat.png (600x600, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U0w6YeeXUzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>LE DOOT MEME WHAT KEK BIRDGUN CAN I GET FOR MY SHITHOLE COUNTRY
Kys Jow Forums is for All American 100% whites only

Attached: 1549429008915.png (1528x1184, 53K)

Okay buddy

Attached: 1554867943076 1553031826814.jpg (361x476, 27K)

Based & redpilled

Attached: Dabbing Lad.png (687x446, 374K)

>qtddtot

How many years of school you have left?

There's a QTDDTOT thread somewhere I'm sure, but personally, I'd take the doublegun. Semiautomatic shotguns are notoriously unreliable, they're more expensive and not as pretty, and your mag cap is even more cucked than ours in Canada. One extra round isn't worth the extra price, reduced reliability and aesthetics, and dealing with your idiotic countrymen's invalid opinions about how evil any gun that isn't obviously purely a target or hunting gun must be.

Semi auto bc you can uncuck it

Semi, the rate of fire is worth the extra money. Don't listen to the guy talking about unreliability - that is a myth and it comes from the fact that many semis don't work well with very light loads. Don't go below 28g and you'll be fine.

>the queen mum will only let you have a 2 round magazine tube

Oh user no

Attached: 1557873397942.jpg (1375x645, 83K)

If you actually plan to abide by the law, get the double.
If you’re not a söyböy sheep, get the semi and uncuck it to full capacity.
The semi can shoot both slug and shot and unless you get a really fuckin nice double, a double shotgun will be less accurate than a semi when it comes to slugs.

Get both. And a single shot with a cylinder bore for slugs

Pretty sure they cant have slugs or buckshot

make wax slugs then

Idk if Brits can do that too, but in France, since the hunting licence only allow 2+1, the hunters buy a 2+1, change the tube using the hunting licence again for buying regulated piece, take off the limiter of the new tube and saw off the barel if he is too long (+51cm).

It work pretty good, of course the rifle become more or less unregulated.

However, since in France we have no ban on any gun for the sportive shooters (fancy way to say licenced gun-range member), the country is more soft about people who do that because because, if they want, they can just wait one year and buy an AR-15, they don't really care about 2+1 restaured. Maybe in UK, the law can be hard on people who do that.

>no slugs or shot

What the fuck do they fire out of them? Fuck, your island sucks OP.

They they just scream bang really loudly, will give most bongs a heart attack

It's bullshit, they're not banned here.

I recommend the double as the semi won't reliably feed all kinds of shells. A double isn't ammo picky at all

Slugs are regulated to Section 1 which OP doesn't have. It's gay, I know.
We can own buckshot, to my knowledge that isn't regulated any more than any other shot.

shit that makes no sense
however, seen that it's 3 rounds auto vs 2 rounds break action, I'd tell you to go for the much less expensive and more reliable break action. I thought this was a no brainer btw, who gives a shit about one more round.

>Queen
Can Americans stop thinking that our Queen actually has any law making power? it all changed after 1900, the Monarchy essentially are figureheads with no real power over the Government.
As usual it is the fucking Governments fault and city dwellers.
Depends on what you want the shotgun for OP, are you shooting clays, hunting or doing practical shotgun?
If it's clays then under over shotgun is the way to go, if it's practical shotgun then semi automatic.
You're literally a child, Jow Forums isn't for you either. Also Poland among other nations in Europe has pretty comfy gun law, you can find videos of Polish kids mag dumping guns out there. Instead of shitting on people who are actually interested in weapons and asking for advice by being the retarded mutt you are how about you try to encourage people so that maybe more people will want gun laws to be repealed in Britain.

>Semiautomatic shotguns are notoriously unreliable,

Except they're not, if you can't clean a gun you shouldn't own one

>they're more expensive

Subjective

>not as pretty

Subjective

>and your mag cap is even more cucked than ours in Canada.

Calls people cucks but won't take a small piece of plastic out of a mag tube

O I am laffin

1+1 semi auto best semi auto
(Browning Double Auto)

Attached: CAEF364C-6528-4ECC-A50B-0AE58AB87EB9.jpg (980x661, 99K)

Depends on the application.
If you're expecting an gun for protection or the apocalypse, a good semi-auto shotgun is far more valuable. Even if it's 2+1, as long as you can reload it reasonably fast that 3rd shot can make a big difference. Even then the mag tube is usually restricted and if the rule if law goes out the window you can have a 5+1 or 6+1 cap on pretty short notice depending on the gun in question.

If we're talking sporting applications, a double barrel has an advantage. If you're busting clays or hunting birds there is no mechanical reciprocation between your first shot and the follow-up. This can be important as you have a very brief opportunity to shoot at a moving target. Note that because the barrels are offset left/right or over/under your hold and lead on the target changes depending which barrel you are shooting at it with. That takes some practice to get used to.

Learn how to post like a human bean, dipshit. And semi-automatics do have to be tuned to the load to cycle properly, it's not about cleaning. Go be stupid somewhere else.

As to OP, may as well get an over under. But it all depends on what you're doing, semi automatic has an extra follow-up shot which may help once you get good at trap/skeet, but isn't as a simple and robust as a break action. And for follow-up shots, you would have to consider two trigger or single trigger on the double barrel.

Where shotguns are concerned the older looking the better, wood and steel pump guns, hammer guns, SxS etc.

Attached: cheshire_farmer,1967.jpg (973x1280, 535K)

>I have no have no valid argument so I criticise the layout of a post

I never once have had a semi fail to cycle when it's clean, buck, bird or slug, fires them all reliably. Go be noguns somewhere else you contrarian faggot, your opinion does not equal fact.

based

That's actually a reasonable question, but it mostly comes down to preference, even without the cost factor. If the cost is SIGNIFICANTLY higher, I'd say go double barrel and get something along the lines of pic related

And I know fuckall about your laws, but if it's for home defense get a coach gun, or as close as you can to being that short.

lol, Jow Forums gets worse every fucking summer. Nobody gives a fuck what some nogunz b&bait has to say

Attached: dblbubble.jpg (500x229, 20K)

If you fire buck out of your gun dialed in for bird, then you're putting needless wear on the gun. Conversely, if it's dialed in for buck, then you'll have some failures doing light bird or target, but probably be okay with heavy turkey. This is the known drawback of semi-automatic tuning of gassing and springs, whereas break action and pump don't have to worry about loads. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Please user, educate me how you "dial in" these guns, they all have adjustable gas settings? Please impart your massive knowledge on us.

Here come the 3rd world Europeans

If it's a gas system, it often has a dial or switch to turn between settings. Sometimes you even swap out pistons.

If it's recoil you can swap out buffers to put more/less tension on the spring.

If it's inertia it can usually handle both ends of the spectrum without adjusting, but some people tune it in with a lighter spring for light bulk loads or a heavier one for a steady diet of slugs/magnum buck.

Thank you, fuck that guy.

t. never owned or even handled a shotgun before.

>t. never owned or even handled a shotgun before.

Hurr Durr something something slampig something something I'm a retard

Attached: 1554245249519m.jpg (1024x611, 97K)

Is that before the custom sanded wear like it's a 13 year old airport badass

break actions are neato. All I have is this shitty chink made one, but I still love it.

Attached: 16358090_240836789694647_1716026642_o.jpg (1920x1440, 360K)

Fuckin based
youtu.be/U0w6YeeXUzE

I love me a double barrel, but best choice is a fudd gun semiauto shotgun. pump if auto is out of your budget, but if you just want to get one, get a semiauto 12gauge and itll do everything you need it to do

Attached: lock-stock.jpg (1600x1000, 145K)

>Implying Americans don't have the same issue when it comes to waterfowling
You could just recommend whatever you personally would recommend to waterfowlers, but instead you decided to be an ass and shit up what could have been a cozy thread.

What piece of shit shotgun and poor fag ammo do you feed yours user?

What the fuck did I just read

If you want something classy that’ll be a keepsake, I’d recommend a Henry single-shot. Very patrician, and not too expensive. IIRC there’s also a minimum 26” barrel requirement in the UK, which the Henry meets.

Attached: 3E2C9164-AA77-4E0D-8609-FED360623EC8.jpg (2379x619, 106K)

Lol you type like a fag