/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Hot mess edition (arent they all amirite)

Old

Attached: 49778707_547199412430678_3133425497627229576_n.jpg (1080x720, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soldiersystems.net/2017/05/05/details-on-the-ussocom-sponsored-keymod-vs-m-lok-test-conducted-at-nswc-crane/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wWzRsSLcY
rainierarms.com/griffin-armament-m2-sight-set/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah

ash clone

Attached: 1557795427215.jpg (3750x1824, 3.38M)

Yes. Yes that is.

Attached: vomit-chan.jpg (680x680, 85K)

KAC BTFO

Attached: oof.jpg (816x566, 77K)

I didnt think it's possible but that thing is shittier than an ash clone, fuck I would take ash's moldy rifle over that heap of shit.

So when I get back to the states I should replace my irons with Magpul pros right?

Attached: 1173A5A4-D86A-4803-95CE-AEF287142E33.jpg (2016x1512, 2.16M)

AR18 master race

Attached: 73ED6079-B096-40A5-8932-52774DFF544E.jpg (1907x953, 482K)

Yes. Dump plastic irons in the nearest homeless camp

>Hot mess edition

Attached: 1553362689437 (1).jpg (633x426, 140K)

Get that rusting shit out of here

Ordered a big meme yesterday.

>Big meme
For you

No u

Attached: 1529979884419.jpg (3415x1476, 1.1M)

Wealthy political dissident Richard Spencer decided that $1,000 per month was enough for him to support a gun-grabber. How much would money it take for /arg/ to part with your assault rifles?

Attached: freedom dividend .jpg (700x822, 254K)

Daily reminder SBA4 FDE still havent shipped D;

Attached: 1558135607382m.jpg (576x1024, 76K)

>How much would money it takes
nigger pls go

i think i should add graphite and/or oil to this so it doesn't rust. i think i will RTFM

Attached: 100.rd.762.jpg (4032x3024, 2.44M)

Idk why but the sba3 looks better than the sba4.

Gun grabbing has no chance of going through without dramatic reform of the government. Voting for a gun grabber who otherwise wants to raise a bunch of issues you support is actually completely fine. I'm okay with voting an anti gun president into office and voting in representatives and senators who will oppose him on guns. It's a net positive.

>ar18
>clearly posts an ar180
Fuck off

t. nogunz welfare leech

Best 1x red dots and/or 3x scopes for a 10.5" pistol? thinking of just getting a Bushnell TRS-25, has good reviews.

Exactly how much shittier is key mod compared to M lock?
Asking for a friend.

Attached: 4557591.jpg (520x678, 69K)

This is sad.

Aimpoint T2, Bushnell is poorfag shit so of course it has good reviews by poorfags talking about how it's JUSTASGOOD. Go check out CVLife scope reviews on amazon. Scopes are toy tier garbage and have thousands of people screaming of their quality and clarity.

Attached: 1553033374540.png (725x730, 1.02M)

They both fail.
Picatinny is more reliable by far.

One is in the process of being abandoned and a slow death, the other is now the standard for non rail attachment.

Sure but that could be due to a real but small difference.
Is it 10% shittier or 70% shittier?

Yes it's due to differences in attachment strength. Military subjected both rifles to what the average 80 iq service man would inflict upon them and found that mlok had less shift and stayed attached more often than keymod.

Gloan

Attached: IMG_20181231_192628.jpg (3840x2160, 1.97M)

$700 for an optic, I will gladly take the poorfag title lmao
I'm in like a $300-$500 range

Attached: Im+a+slob+but+how+in+the+fuck+do+you+_de14171191bfd5c4acb12c75a6f3eb19.jpg (296x326, 16K)

Yes, I read this as well but couldn't find any hard stats.
If it's 10% shittier, that's not actionable IMO but if it's a lot more that's a different story.

nice tuning fork. what note does it play?

Do you have to have the optic today as in right this fucking minute for the gun to function or your secret operator mission?

Has your income stopped coming in giving you a lifetime budget of 300 to 500 dollars forever?

The answer to both of those questions is no. Delay gratification and enjoy your quality purchase. At the very least an Aimpoint pro falls in your budget if you don't mind a larger dot on a pistol.

>but couldn't find any hard stats.
soldiersystems.net/2017/05/05/details-on-the-ussocom-sponsored-keymod-vs-m-lok-test-conducted-at-nswc-crane/

Literally the first result when googling military mlok test. God damn help yourself.

have LPVO's moved past flash in the pan status? are they here to stay?

Yes, the latest updates have now made LPVOs deprecated and no longer functional.

you know what i mean you fucking pedant

If you hit it hard enough, keymod will slide backwards and fall out the hole. M-lok rests against the end no matter how you mount it, meaning it can't go anywhere without actually breaking. It's not a percentage thing, it's an inherent design flaw.

they've been here to stay for years desu, nobody's going to just yeet them all off in favor of going back to red dots

>you know what i mean
No, actually I don't since I'm not a fucking mind reader. Why don't you say what you mean instead you fucking pleb.

thanks for not being a retard
thanks for being a retard

Get an MRO for 350 on tacswap then. You can usually find an aimpoint at a decent price as well.

I see but would it not possibly be better for an attachment to fall off without damaging anything (key mod) after an impact instead of imparting huge, possibly damaging, strain to the hand guard with its stronger grip (m lock)?

unironically ive seen aero and psa with better fit

>not making the bill of rights your #1 voting issue
I am a single issue voter. It goes beyond the 2nd amendment. Anybody who theatens any off the bill of rights can go fuck themselves.

Not only is keymod objectively worse in strength, it looks worse as well. It is also dieing and support is fading away. There is zero reason to go with keymod other than being retarded.

i bought a gun for nicholas cruise to use on the DOTR

I have a 16” with a carbine gas system, should i get a h-buffer?

Maybe I wasn't clear. Think of the role of a pressure release valve on a gas tank. Yes, mlock grips better but maybe you shouldn't impart huge strain on the handguard. I'd rather an impact remove my light or VFG than bend/break my entire handguard. Thoughts?

>I'd rather an impact remove my light or VFG than bend/break my entire handguard.
then just replace mlok hardware with nylon fasteners or something or if you don't care about your stuff staying put just fucking tape it to your gun. this is a really retarded line of reasoning though, because at the end of the day it's pretty unlikely you will destroy a handguard by hitting something attached to MLOK, unless you're deliberately doing it

Shelfmod is weaker than Mlok, as well. So you're left with lost accessories and a broken rail.

The only advantage Shelfmod has is that you can get it cheaper because demand plummeted after testing revealed how garbage it is.

>REEEEE I CAN'T EXPRESS MYSELF ADEQUATELY VIA WRITTEN WORD REEEEE
Have sex

what, are you still mad about that? i'd already forgotten you

>I forgot about you
>Immediately Pavlovian response
Here's a (You) as a reward for being an animal.

Attached: smugtrapgirl.png (600x836, 749K)

What are the best light setups in terms of placement and activation for a right handed shooter?

Attached: 1548096326455.png (640x786, 529K)

Where ever your off hand can comfortably activate it while also not casting a huge shadow from the handguard/barrel/muzzle

/arg/ on suicide watch

Attached: 64xc8wv823y21.jpg (2421x1029, 263K)

Yeah, watching for that cuck state gun owner to sue of side

Are you okay?

Are the off-set mounts needed or is direct to pic rail mount fine?

No, you should run an a5, have to swap receiver extension though

Good afternoon

Attached: 20190503_175424.jpg (2769x3796, 1.86M)

Bendy bill just can't catch a break.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wWzRsSLcY

Whats the most based light atm?

Attached: 1517194681010.png (464x279, 188K)

modlite and arisaka are good choices. surefire still has some good lights that other companies arent really making like white/IR

How much is a Colt M4 lower worth stripped? Is a used Colt m4 worth 1200 at my lgs? What about some franken rifle that has an m4 lower? Thanks guys. I would be buying just for the lower, and make some beater build with the upper if it wasn't colt as well.

oke, streamlights on the arisaka site are good too right?

never used streamlight but the ones are their website are just stock streamlight. the arisaka ones are the "better" lights

I'm doing great, thanks for asking user.

oke, i was wondering if they modded the streams too.

go to the lgs/AR mall and maybe they will let you play. i hope i never have to buy something again without first handling it

Not him but looking for a good set of BUIS. These look pretty nice. Any other options that's aren't too expensive?

rainierarms.com/griffin-armament-m2-sight-set/

Post AR light setups? I need inspo.

Attached: 1497381193351.jpg (700x525, 47K)

That test was a fucking setup.
Zero actual standards on those hand guards.
We've all seen hand guards from different manufacturers vary drastically in thickness. They nether had a standard, nor did they post what thickness of material was used.

By no means am I vouching for dickmod, but I have yet to see a legitimate comparison.

mbus pro or KAC micro. It's a one time investment if you do it right the first time. Lurk the EE for used ones. I picked up a set of KAC micro for 200 dollars.

Lights are for faggots who can't see in the dark.

Doesn't matter, military made up it's mind and the reset of the industry followed. Lettuce be reality, you'd kvetch and scream with just about anything they would have done. You'll get over your purchase of a keymod hand guard one day.

M-Lok is more aesthetic. That's the only test that matters.

yah. m-lok is blu ray and key-mod is HDDVD.

Sorry, your Spidey senses have failed you on this one.
I don't have dickmod. I simply prefer unbiased comparisons

WTF, are they the new colt

Just finished my first build. Went all in and milled my own 80%. Overall it's kinda scuffed, but I'm pretty stoked to have finally completed it.

Attached: 20190518_103416.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

In the states, go mlok or go home. Overseas, keymod is king. Until HK switches their shit at least.

move rear sight further back, like all the way back.

Does it function?

Why is your buis so far forward?

Buy Noveske.

Attached: Noveske-Rifleworks-Logo-Decal-Sticker__11908.1510657860.jpg (1280x1280, 47K)

Will switching from 62gr FMJ to 62gr hollow point affect my zero?

Attached: 1558059700861.jpg (850x844, 97K)

Will do. I didn't really know where to put it, but it made it hard to charge if it was back too far.
Not sure haven't had a chance to shoot it, just finished it this morning. Everything works as far as charging it and the hammer working etc.

If you have dummy rounds, cycle some rounds through it. DONT cycle live rounds. Biggest issue i see with first time builds are feeding or extraction issues.

Also get a sling when u get the chance.

Yes. Switching bullets, and even brands(when using factory ammo) will affect zero.

Who the fuck cares what the rest of those retards do while waiting on their American semen rations. You might as well start talking about the latest tech coming out of Africa while you're at it.

Inconvenient

Attached: t67o4nliloe21.png (960x960, 1.53M)

Yeah bro, you'll need to actually rezero for each bullet as they are all slightly different.

if it makes you feel any better you prob wont notice much of a shift outside of long distance.

No dummy rounds unfortunately. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so I'm too paranoid to put live rounds in it. What would cause those problems just so I l know what to look out for? I got the upper from PSA and they had an ammo sale that came with 420 rounds and 10 pmags so I just ordered from there.
I need to get a new bolt catch roll pin, my rifle currently doesn't have a bolt catch on it. I fucked up my last one being stupid. I'll order a sling when I order the roll pin. Thanks for the tip.

Your zero wont be off by too much, but you are definitely gonna want to rezero for that ammo.

This is why you keep a list of what ammo needs what adjustments for your sights.

M4 feed ramps having too rough a surface, the bolt extractor spring being to tight, and headspacing.

Spring is easy to fix, just try and straighten it a tiny bit so that its more springy. (Sorry, havnt had my coffee yet and that the clearest description i can think of). This is usually prevalent in cheap BCGs.

Feed ramps can be polished easily.

Headspacing shouldnt be an issue nowadays.