Jow Forums Movies

Which movies are Jow Forums approved and which ones do you think are underrated? Give your fellow Jow Forumsommandos some quality movie recommendations.

Attached: c2865cb0f1f0d0da1a5a1a1ed1709e82eaf396f0.jpg (426x597, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IcJpYVs3To0
youtube.com/watch?v=p5niMFTyhqs
youtu.be/UitLOeZENlU
youtu.be/rV1qDpyyAMo
youtu.be/3wIKck2idVI
youtube.com/watch?v=h6Mi9lqzLws
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ZEmLosVXE
youtu.be/Bv9nd3yR6H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/IcJpYVs3To0

that was a good watch.

Stalingrad (1993) is pretty underrated. I've been rambling about how shitty and cheesy it is on here a few weeks ago, but after rewatching it, i gotta say it's still a very good movie. And it's a German movie about German soldiers, which is rare.

Few know

Attached: 9A223078-72B2-41C7-97B1-232457A0E597.jpg (648x927, 113K)

>brie larson

Attached: images (2).jpg (215x234, 6K)

>The Last Castle
I really liked this film. Gets you thinking about tactics and out thinking your enemy

>The Wild Bunch
Final fight scene is legendary

Attached: images-5.jpg (299x168, 10K)

>RPG-7 velocity 990+/- FPS molten copper penetrating warhead
>hollywood ARE PEE GEE sub 100 FPS firecracker
y dey do dis

While very well known, i think The Thin Red Line is extremely underrated.
It's more than a war movie, it's a war about humans in a war, about life, death, friendship, loss, honor, nature, everything. About beauty where you would least expect it. And it's also a great war movie, imo the best about the pacific theatre and one of the best overall. it's got great acting, great filming, great writing, and a dozen A class actors.
The combat scenes are 10/10, and the whole part about them storming that one hill is also extremely well done. It's a small and rather simple task, but it takes a big part of the movie and shows how much impact a single assault can have on the lives of so many people. It also gives a great display of the tactics used on both sides. It's just a 10/10 movie everyone should have seen.

I really never understood how it could be overshined by Saving Private Ryan so much, i think it's a much better and much deeper movie.

Attached: thinredline-2-1280x533.jpg (1280x533, 156K)

>Brie Larson
kys faggot.

>war about humans in a war
movie about humans in a war i mean. duh.

>While very well known, i think The Thin Red Line is extremely underrated.
That shit will literally put you to sleep.
WORST
WAR
MOVIE
EVER

>the lack of explosions is horrible
it does still have a lot of action, zoomer.

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

The Wind and The Lion. Goddammit, do I want to LARP this bit out.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5niMFTyhqs

Attached: Colored Pencil Eaters.png (1277x543, 1.15M)

youtu.be/UitLOeZENlU

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-18-15-04-49.png (2160x1080, 1.2M)

that's not underrated, everyone knows that's 10/10 essential war kino

fuck yeah I need to watch that after work

youtu.be/rV1qDpyyAMo
Bredi gud scene, haven't seen the movie

Also this ad for the Irish Rnager Wing MMMMM danm is Jow Forumsino
youtu.be/3wIKck2idVI

>The Wind and The Lion
this is fucking right A hooah reminds me why I joined the army

Attached: 1499471020859.jpg (441x435, 16K)

This movie's premise made absolutely no sense.

>be 3 star general
>order clandestine operation in a foreign country
>basically a spec-ops reconnoiter
>soldiers on the recon team get killed
>go to prison for it

I mean don't get me wrong I would love if careerist officers were held to that level of accountability. BUT if a Jow Forums movie means "realistic portrayal of military tactics/military ops" this movie should be titled "The last defense meritorious service medal" and consist of one scene in which Robert Redford gets a defense meritorious service medal pinned to his chest in front of his division formation and sent off to a cushy pentagon job like other field grade officers who get people needlessly killed.

>TL;DR. The Last Castle was a totally unrealistic portrayal of how an LTG would face legal repercussions (he wouldn't) for people dying under his command.

Attached: 1439700445391.jpg (706x522, 132K)

>suppose hollywood gave a war and everyone showed up?

Is there a movie about commonwealth forces in the pacific that isn't about a marathon gone wrong or bridge building?

I saw this movie years ago and I don't get it. He gets sent to prison, instantly dislikes the warden, then starts doing petty bullshit to fuck with the warden and generally break the rules. In the end he goads the warden into shooting him as he hoists a flag. Was he suppose to come off as a prick?

i cant understand why imdb and rotten faggots hated this movie so much.
to me, this was better than sicario

Attached: All-The-Devils-Men-Movie-Poster-691x1024.jpg (691x1024, 135K)

Tears of the Sun

Falling down
Apocalypse now
That one with Charlie sheen in it
Jeremiah Johnson
Locked stocked and two smoking barrels.
No country for old men.

Or weeb shit that's also fucking good.
Cowboy Bebop
Goblin Slayer
Claymore
Trigun (low high tier, shit ain't in order)
Attack on Titans if you don't mind incest themes.

The only good part of the film is the bit with the squad trying to take the hill and being mowed down by the hidden bunker, while the officer in charge tries and fails to salvage the situation. Other than that, it's a painfully pretentious borefest that spends a lot of time on bad poetry and slow pans, while having nothing of actual substance behind them.

Incredibly underrated shootout. Does almost everything right.

Some that most people forget about:
>Dog soldiers
>Open range
>A better tomorrow I, II & the killer
>Clear and present danger
>Sahara (1943)
>True lies (THAT scene doesn't count)

fuck off back to plebbit kike shill

Attached: 54654735756734.jpg (682x1024, 142K)

>Open range
Underrated cowboy movie in terms of the end shootout. Best part is that dude getting domed right in the beginning with no warning.

Triple Frontier on Netflix is Jow Forums as fuck

just watched it last night. they didn't reload, not even once. still a good movie, i loved the headshot at the beginning and the dual wield execution at the end.

Siege of jadottville + points for FALs and Rhodie aesthetics

Small Soldiers Unironically

Thin Red Line is criminally underrated, just ahead of Master and Commander as my favorite war movie.

Attached: M&C.webm (1280x536, 2.63M)

Reminder that the full Tremors series is now on their official chennel.
youtube.com/watch?v=h6Mi9lqzLws

Attached: 250px-Burt_Gummer.jpg (250x212, 21K)

It’s goofy to write off a movie over a minor characters actors opinions. Stay on the meme train boys

Attached: 4FBFC39F-7983-4525-BEE8-A72EC0078F69.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

>The Odd Angry Shot (1979)

I remember watching this back in '86. It's about the Australian involvement in Vietnam. I thought it was pretty good.

Attached: The_Od_Angry_Shot(1979).jpg (354x500, 59K)

Nothing more Jow Forums than taking over Central Park with a shit load of cached weapons & explosives for 48 hours in the name of veterans abused by an uncaring System.

Remember, red taped AK mags are live rounds, blue are blanks.

Attached: TheParkIsMine+1986.jpg (630x1200, 164K)

The Mummy (1999). Really great adventure film with lots of gunplay.

Attached: The Mummy (1999) poster.jpg (1066x1600, 380K)

Based and redpilled.

Attached: Ed Approves.jpg (532x582, 191K)

holy hell, i love the uniforms and the formality of killing. Thats why I wouldn't last a minute in a rel battle!

Attached: 1554731517209.png (341x512, 355K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ZEmLosVXE

Netflix only.

Southern Comfort (1981)

Anyone seen this movie??? It seems to be quite obscure but I just watched it this year for the first time and it was awesome!!! I watched it with my brother a few weeks ago too and it was still awesome!!! 7.5/10 would recommend

It's got Fred Ward (from tremors) and Powers Boothe (from Red Dawn, and Tombstone) and the rest of the characters are really fun too. I believe this movie is a hidden gem

Also speaking of Red Dawn that's probably the most Jow Forums movie. love it!

Attached: southern comfort.jpg (331x475, 51K)

I love that movie! Brendan Fraser and Beni make the movie a masterpiece

Hey O'CONNELL LOOKS LIKE IVE GOT ALL THE HORSES

xd

Attached: hey.jpg (400x452, 116K)

lawl i watched that with my girlfriend once, she fucking bawled.

That's been in my watchlist for a long time now. Gonna have to give it a watch next time I get drunk.

mfkn Trapp Life. Yall'n even kno

Attached: 91k1JanA-mL._RI_.jpg (1200x1600, 636K)

what a fag.

This has downright autistically good weapons handling and is probably the most accurate depiction of the Vietnam was and special forces in general.

Attached: MV5BNzk0Njk1ODk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTgzMTg5MDE@._V1_.jpg (1633x2232, 1.07M)

Good taste, user. Jim Caviezel's performance is very good.

nah i got the first 48 for that.

like dog the bounty redpilling me on hawaii being a shit hole. Never knew parts of Oklahoma were that black adn shitty.

>netflix shit
boi - please search "/tv/ Jow Forums wiki charts essentials"

Attached: 1557268793324.jpg (480x360, 12K)

NETFLIX SHIT EVERYWHERE

Attached: 1557269460577.gif (360x240, 1.98M)

Attached: k_movie_list.jpg (2827x2864, 1.55M)

Ah there it is. I had this and accidentally deleted it. Thanks.

Had high hopes for this.
Was cliche and unconvincing. 4/10

I fell asleep the first two times I tried to watch this. Finally got all the way through it. Not worth the time at all imo.

Just watched it, it was surprisingly decent, but I wouldn't say it's better than Sicario.

Hollywood silencers kinda killed it for me, though. Lots of overly quiet and squeaky gun reports, and you can tell when he's assembling his Glock that it's a movie silencer that screws into the barrel, rather than around the outside.

The sound was definitely better when they were shooting weapons unsuppressed. Reloading was depicted well, too.

Would recommend to watch on Netflix.

>autistically good
>accurate
There's an M4 with a removable carry handle and a Hind on the cover. No thanks.

...or were you being sarcastic?

youtu.be/Bv9nd3yR6H8
Battle on Shangganling Mountain 1956
watch the mutt/britfag armies get butchered by DPs and maxims. best day of my life.

the guys who made the movie aren't necessarily responsible for the cover

Excellent movie if you arnt brain dead like most people on this board

Dude I'm telling you, just watch it. It's literally exactly what the military is like. It's like you are deployed on an actual SF mission in Vietnam.

You've tipped your hand now. You successfully baited me into responding but you can't trick me into watching that garbage.

Nah man, it's exactly what it looks like. The movie is a masterpiece from start to finish.

Watch as much as you can though. It's the kind of bad I can laugh at and I've turned off a lot of shitty action movies because I couldn't even appreciate how bad they were. They have to have legit mental problems to create something like that.

but it looks like shit, i'm very confused right now user

This list is only 40% complete.

Then create something better

I just watched it yesterday, as far as i can tell its mostly about the warden. The general shows up, the warden dresses in his nicest clothes, invites the general up to his office, offers him lemonade, etc. Then the second he hears the general insult his war memorabilia behind his back, hes crushed. You can tell the warden was obsessed with the general, and his personal hero insulted him, then his entire demeanor changed. Add onto it that the warden routinely had prisoners shot, purposely, in the head with rubber bullets to kill them. The warden simply had an ego problem, and the general was a reminder of that, no one looked up to him like they did the general.

HEY BENNY, looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the RIIIIVVVVEER

>fires 30 rounds from his revolvers without reloading

if you watch, waite does reload 2 or 3 times in the battle but the ammo inconsistency is something i have learned to live with.