Jow Forums books

I need some new books to check out. What are the most Jow Forums books?

Attached: cover-art.541x900.jpg (541x899, 86K)

Attached: homage to catalonia.jpg (474x733, 62K)

Attached: image.jpg (325x499, 41K)

So edgy I can cut myself

Attached: sdfgyxcvbnhgj.jpg (150x234, 13K)

Don't have the pic to go with it, but "Niggers, Faggots, and Niggerfaggots: A Lifetime of Sucking Cock" by OP was pretty good

Attached: Rogue_Warrior_(book).jpg (241x412, 31K)

Attached: The_Things_They_Carried.jpg (311x475, 68K)

Attached: A1+qKyGwZOL.jpg (1691x2436, 1.83M)

With The Old Breed

>With Gay Intercourse
>Humpage in Assatonia
>Once a Ragged Cockring
>The Turner Guy-on-his-knees
>Rogue Dicksucker
>The Cum They Swallowed
>F-4 Fag-tum: A Pozzer's Story
>With the Old Breed-my-ass-full-of-your-hot-load-of-fuck-I-love-it

Youkakki: Reply Guy demands Jizz in his eye.

The hard copy books I own.
I've gotten some good feedback so far and always appreciate more.

Attached: books.jpg (3584x2982, 3.2M)

Ha,go get AIDS.
I can understand most of those authors,not Clancy.
You fucker read Hunt for Red October?Rainbow Six?
Hell,How can you be here...it's Jow Forums,not r/gayfaggotdoesn'treadgoodbookscuzhe'sretarded

Everybody get a load of this guy! He doesn't like jokes!

>Federalist Papers
kys fed
>Hunger Games
kys zoomer

>joking
>insulting
Wew lad,that load you got yesterday gave you HIV,and IQ Reduction?

what books did he write that are like splinter cell?

Attached: 20190518_191409.jpg (3264x1836, 1.12M)

Thank god for this thread. What are some books that glorify war?
Stop being cringe pls

Back in my day, trolling was an art

And for the record, the "IQ reduction" I got from last night's load was just my brain bluescreening as I got fucked to a hands free prostate O

For a second there, I thought it said Robert Frost

Attached: f210909ac1b913599b96ca3f5ca3e80b6df439b4_full.jpg (184x184, 9K)

Me too. I was going to make a post about it, but I couldn't think of anything clever to say

You should preorder Chassepot to Famas

Guy Sajer's Forgotten Soldier is pretty good, 3/4 of the Osprey catalog is somewhere between Jow Forums and /his/. Also, anything from Paladin Press.

Attached: 180px-Forgotten_Soldier.jpg (180x274, 21K)

Unironically would. The Gun Jesus meme is overdone but he knows his shit.

I did actually cause I like Ian’s content and it looks like it’s going to be a fancy book and then my friends will think I can read. They don’t know I have siri define text audibly and then tts back.

Attached: 51h282hvgML._AC_SY400_.jpg (241x400, 23K)

>Quran
kys camelfucker

>doesn't mention The Anti-Federalist Papers right below it
And I only read Hunger Games to go on a date with a girl to see the movie. It wasn't terrible for a book marketed towards teens.

Look closer, retard.

Attached: dancing in the glory of monsters.jpg (329x499, 69K)

>12 Rule for Life

Attached: 555-come-on-now.jpg (600x375, 26K)

Attached: 21722A4F-469F-4C40-A7D1-5203AD348F0B.jpg (320x320, 19K)

>muh tom clancy

I’ve never read any Tom Clancy but just bought Hunt for Red October, Red Storm Rising, and Wirhout Remorse. Which one should I read first?

1) Hunt for Red October
2) Without Remorse
3) Red Storm Rising

Though it really doesn't matter all that much.

Attached: Fry.jpg (333x500, 38K)

Did you just have a stroke?

Trying to go chronologically, with the exception of Red October

Attached: Screenshot_20190518-223758__01.jpg (1080x1176, 191K)

Attached: 51vvORDJjSL._SY445_QL70_.jpg (297x445, 32K)

No love for Carlos Hathcock in here?

The JFK chapter was stupid. Really could have used some coverage of the assassination of MLK and the abortion doctor killings by James Charles Kopp, and some more details about exfil and infiltration tactics and pre-operation intelligence gathering using open sources.

None

His Jack Ryan series and the nonfiction books are superb. But nothing like the splinter cell books. I read those in middle school. Highschool, I graduated to manhood and read the books he actually wrote.

Attached: 1485050081053.jpg (640x640, 101K)

>You fucker read Hunt for Red October?

Yes, you dumb shit. It's about a stolen nuclear submarine, it's Jow Forums as fuck.

So uh, do remote controlled flashbangs even exist?

Attached: 71ibI2asEtL.jpg (1260x2064, 221K)

Catch-22
I recently re-read it. Fantastic book, hilarious.

Blood Red Snow, its a first hand account of a German machinegunner starting in Stalingrad, fucking crazy the whole book.

Bang poles and devices used on bang poles are remotely detonated flash bangs.

A flash bang is essentially nothing more than a metal vessel containing magnesium (the strikers used to ignite bunsen burner is a good example) or aluminium with an oxidizer to produce a large flash and loud noise

They dont quite work like in vidya, but they are decent for use as a distraction device (their professional nomenclature)

To best simulate the flash, take a magnesium striker (used to light welders or other gas burners) and observe the forbidden razzle dazzle with your eyes a safe distance from the device

t. trained FBI SWAT Operator / high school pyro

Attached: 1549396871629.jpg (1078x1104, 75K)

Forgot to add, you run shock cord into the bottom of a standard device and it can be detonated like an explosive charge. With a bangpole, it's essentially a command detonated remotely controlled flashbang

>Though it really doesn't matter all that much.

It pretty much does matter.

Red storm rising is a standalone book.

Hunt for red October is basically the start of the Jack Ryan universe and can be read as a standalone book.

After that go in publication order.

If you don't want to read that many books (are you in a rush?) then you can read Without Remorse and Rainbow Six and pick up whats going on quite quickly.

Fiction or non-Fiction? What interests you?

If you want non-Fiction do you want theory/strategy books, do you want history, first hand accounts of personal experiences or maybe just some reference books for the coffee table?

Attached: 29405092.jpg (317x475, 24K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>Without Remorse and Rainbow Six
Clear and Present Danger is a good one to read between these two.

The anatomy of the ship series are pretty Jow Forums. Great reference material for modelers.

Attached: FUSO.jpg (400x382, 29K)

The Scott Harvath series is pretty Jow Forums. Plus they're decent books. A bit cringe at times and sometimes obvious terrorist revenge fantasy (mace shot through urethral catheter???). Also honorable mention to the Joe Ledger series. It reads like it's written for the late teen early 20s Jow Forumsommando but still fun stories.

>Only Yamato, Fuso and Takao are up on Libgen
Good enough, would love some modern stuff, especially nuclear carriers. They're all classified aren't they?

ill give you my reading list. not sure if its Jow Forums approved or whatever but fuck that anyways

>Attacks - Erwin Rommel
>It Doesnt Take a Hero - H Norman Schwarzkopf
>Grants Memoirs - U. S Grant
>Psychology for the Fighting Man - US Govt/Defense
>The Red Badge of Courage
>something something Chesty Puller (google usmc commandant reading list, find the page, ctrl-f 'chesty puller')

Art of War is severely overrated and really appeals to crayon-eaters imo. Mahan's guide to naval conflict whatever its titled is also incredibly dry. Its probably interesting if you play any big grand-strategy video game though. stuff like europa universalis.

fuck i forgot

>the gulag archipelagos - alex scholzenitzyn
>night - elie wisel

definitely spelled author names wrong but you get the point

based

NONfiction first please

im not OP, but if you could reccomend me anything thats roughly in line with that would be much appreciated, Jow Forumsomrad

remember. non-fiction first please!

added to my list, looks interesting

added to my list

This book comes up on /lit/'s annual top 100 list.

Attached: storm-of-steel.jpg (600x600, 159K)

Same here, I read Red October first and went back and started with No Remorse, Patriot Games and Red Rabbit on Audible.

no u

Attached: 51hOXaqKv8L._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (378x499, 47K)

Fantastic

Attached: 1540625420651.gif (600x338, 3.04M)

read them all in order. Clark and other characters in the books make several appearances. They ryan universe is in a very specific order

>that scene where they hunt down the eco-commies in the jungle with their heartbeat sensors
>leave the survivors naked in the jungle
>"Timothy, 'fair' means I bring all my own people home alive. Fuck the others"
based

This one is pretty fucking good, and a description of how shit went down during Operation Anaconda.

It was particularly interesting to me because I played Medal of Honor 2010, which is one of my favourite modern war games and based on that operation, and the book really sets things straight.

>Navy SEALs upheld their tradition of fucking up
>Apache helicopters proved they actually are pretty damn great combat choppers
>lol what do you mean we can´t adjust plans on the fly for a multi-branch operation that took weeks or even months to set up, I can see everything from my drones and I got a radio so do as I say

Attached: 815RarG9naL.jpg (1722x2560, 501K)

Actually a good book. I was listening to it at work, the premise of the book is something that's not commonly explored. Every white person should read/listen to it.

good book but zero percent Jow Forums. it's military fiction about love, shame, leadership, and coping with the past, very few scenes actually with combat. even then theyre not about combat itself but the emotions felt.

>
comedy gold just kidding you're a fucking faggot

military fiction thats entirely fictional will never be Jow Forums

do an ama desu

Sorry i was away from my computer.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what non-fiction you're after, seems like you're after first hand stories of people in command?

Ten years and twenty days by Karl Donitz is a good book about the war from his perspective.

Don’t get the Penguin publish. Get the Howard Fertig publish. That’s a direct translation from the original book. The Penguin one has been altered and watered down.

Any book by Vince Flynn is amazing.

Unfortunately the movie they made was garbage.

Attached: book.jpg (350x532, 151K)

You wont find anything modern due to it all being classified.. but the amount of drawing detail in these books are stunning.

The real Chad book

Rumor of war (Marine Officer memoir Vietnam)
Storm of Steel (Grunt turned Stormtrooper officer WWI)
Goodbye to all that (British officer WWI)
Forgotten Soldier (see below)
Just finishing this book up, I have about 30 more pages. Great read and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a German grunts perspective of the eastern front. Also the last 1/3 of the book is very depressing holy shit.

Without Remorse is one of my top 5 favorite books of all time. I hope they never make a movie of it and ruin it like they did with the Jack Ryan books.

>implying Hunt for Red October wasn't just as good as the book

Agreed on all the others though. I like Willem Dafoe, but whoever though he would be a good Clark must have been high.

The Hunt For RedOctober was the only good movie adaptation. I saw the movies before i read the books. After I read the books i hated all the movies except Red October.

Gunship Ace and War Dogs by AJ Venter

Attached: Neall Ellis.jpg (432x648, 53K)

You should also read "On Combat" by Grossman.

I went to one of his lectures and had the biggest sense of pride when I left it made me tear up. That dude can inspire anyone.

This and "On Killing" are very good. It's just a shame that he jumped on the "video games cause violence" bandwagon.

I wasn't a fan of either. The research behind a lot of his stuff in "On Killing" is flawed, and the sheepdog concept is insufferable. I found a lot of the individual combat vignettes in both to be really fascinating, though

pretty sure the books came after the video games but i was referring to stuff he wrote similar to the video games, not some other authors shit

Did he even write the splinter cell series?

This kind of self-pub garbage is what real Jow Forums lit is like.