For my first pistol I was thinking about getting a Kimber 1911 of some sort. I’ve heard good things about them...

For my first pistol I was thinking about getting a Kimber 1911 of some sort. I’ve heard good things about them, but what say you Jow Forums?

Attached: F5B7B59B-EBC9-4129-95DF-B8A2D0E2E517.jpg (2592x1936, 767K)

Other urls found in this thread:

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I gave it some thought and ended up getting a series 70 national match gold cup from colt. When it comes to 1911s I believe that to be a better choice. Old colts are limited where as new kimbers are everywhere. They’re fine firearms. For the money I’d rather have an old colt.

I have the exact firearm in your pic, and I've been very happy with it. Kimber had some QC issues in the past but their new guns are fine. Just don't shell out for their Gucci variants, they're not worth it.

>1911
Magazine problems

Hush young memelordiwon

How does that Swartz safety feel? Any issues with it? I've only ever owned Series 70 1911s before, but the Kimber entry level stuff has been intriguing me lately.

Nah fuddmaster, you're just upset about the inherent flaws in your favorite gun.

sure
go buy what you want
dont let faggot here tell you different

Made in NY. Fuck NY. Kimber quality isn't so hot anymore. I have a Ruger 1911, completely satisfied.

Not my favorite *firearm* I’ve just actually owned and shot a bunch of them with no feeding issues. Unlike you, who still has feeding issues suckling on the fat hairy teats on the gluttonous sow that shat you into this world

Okay truthfully I just wanted to say that. I’ve encountered lots of feeding issues with 1911s. Colt series 80s fucking SUCK. Auto ordinances fucking SUCK. Rock islands SUCK.
Kimbers usually work well tho and so do the series 70s. There are many many many fuck off models to stay away from which really does give the 1911 a bit of a deserved shit reputation today. Quality models usually don’t have issues.

If you are looking for a carry gun don’t get a 1911. They are too large to carry concealed.

Series 70 has better parts availability.

>Kimber quality isn't so hot anymore.
Kimber quality hasn't been hot since the turn of the century, old timer.
>I have a Ruger 1911, completely satisfied.
Boomer confirmed.

Attached: 1543499975814.png (498x463, 185K)

The 80s are literally nightmares. Dealt with many of them and they just flat out don’t shoot

I love mine, it’s the gun I shoot the best and the fastest. Mine has been as reliable as my DW

Ruger is cast and Kimber is forged tho..

Sig has some reasonably priced offerings that might be worth looking into for that price range. I've had zero issues with mine.

People have been concealed carrying 1911s for over a century. It's a big gun, but it's pretty slim. Not the best option, but it's certainly doable.

Attached: 20190311_181838_1553432575113.jpg (720x960, 151K)

consider a dan wesson PM9 instead

>Sig
made in india with MIM

The safety sucks, avoid it. It has to be tuned right and they often aren't. Kimber sucks, avoid them. Their parts are trash. Look at the guns that top pistsmiths will base custom guns on. Very few will work in a Kimber.

I'll take a cast Ruger over a forged Kimber any day. Ruger knows how to cast. Caspians are also cast.

Not OP, but thought on Springfield Armory? I've been highly tempted by the mil-spec defender series they're selling right now.

SA are traitorous shits but they make a good 1911

Don't support companies that willing sell out your rights to improve their bottom line.

What'd they do?

I don't support Springfield. Their 1911s sort of suck too. Half the time they can't even get the flats flat.

If you're going to pay 1200-1800 dollars for a 1911 buy a Dan Wesson.

They and Rock River Arms tried to push a bill in Illinois that would make it significantly harder to sell firearms that weren't manufactured in the state. Surprising no one, Springfield Armory Inc and Rock River Arms manufacture firearms in the state of Illinois.

Agree on that. Or a Colt series 70 if you can find one that has the frame mods you want. The only ones I like right now in their catalog are the WC models, but sometimes they put out special runs that aren't in the catalog.

That's pretty fucked. Damn. But I could've sworn I read that their 1911 parts were forged in Brazil plus their XD's are Croat. Seems counter-intuitive. But yeah, kind of hard to support of company to pull off some bullshit like that.

I made a slight mistake; the legislation specifically exempted members of the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association, of which Springfield and Rock River are the largest members. Presumably Springfield's foreign-made guns would have been exempt as well.

Fat n tuff

Attached: 44096CAE-3F38-408C-8E44-2E7BE953D1B9.jpg (1200x1088, 89K)

Just got mine. We're going on a break in trip to the range this week. Bought 2 Wilson Combat and 2 Kimpro TacMags and I'm going to test them all too. We'll see how it goes. It's easily the most aesthetic handgun I've ever owned.

Attached: Resized_20190516_182022.jpg (810x1080, 640K)

That looks like garbage senpai.
SA is good to go just make sure you buy second hand so you don't support anti 2A companies.

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250

Attached: 1911meme.jpg (600x900, 69K)

You like what you like and I'll do the same

Attached: giphy (1).gif (380x285, 3.16M)

Attached: Khelps.png (431x846, 73K)

Post guns

Attached: arsenal_73118.jpg (2056x4336, 3.07M)