HK45 USP Series 1 vs Springfield 1911

Looking for something to put on passenger seat due to frequent need to drive through bad neighborhoods. Thinking HK45 USP or 1911. Advice appreciated

Attached: hk45-s1.jpg (500x373, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8
youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y
modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250
luckygunner.com/lounge/history-38-smith-wesson-special/
luckygunner.com/lounge/cartridge-of-the-century-part-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=1KVkWGMkOKE&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah.

Thanks user.

Shameless self bump. Any thoughts?

The USP is obviously a better choice

>HK45
>USP
these are two different guns

As for which is right for you, glock 19

I took the usp to be a variant of the hk45, sorry if my syntax is wrong. Why a glock 19 over usp?

>I took the usp to be a variant of the hk45
It is not. They are two completely different guns.
>Why a glock 19 over usp?
They both do the same thing and a Glock 19 is cheaper with superior capacity. 9mm>45.

Because he's a glock fanboy and they think it's the greatest shit ever. I like the USP and HK45 both, check out the P30 if you're fine with 9mm. The PPQ M1 is great too. If you only want 45 make sure to look at the CZ-97 and Sig P220.

1911. Dan Wesson if you’re spending, ruger if you’re on a budget. Springfield is overpriced and mediocre.

The end use purpose is to sit on passenger seat under a coat and (if needed) shoot car jackers. Daily drive goes through some pretty bad neighborhoods. The goal would be one click problem solving with 100% reliability.

Money isn't the issue. I want a mechanical safety, high reliability and stopping power.

Why not just CCW, or just drive away, or make better life choices about your commute?

Why are you latching on to one very specific version of how events could unfold

>Because he's a glock fanboy and they think it's the greatest shit ever
Try again.

About 3 blocks of travel go through areas that are highly 'diverse'. Some of the highest murder rates in US. summer is coming, so we are looking at scenarios where drive-away means driving over and rock vs window is not unreal.

Forgot my picture.
>so we are looking at scenarios where drive-away means driving over
So, you're swarmed by nogs and think it's better to shoot them than run them over?

Attached: USP.jpg (1613x1210, 562K)

Don't want to do either. But can see where it might be needed to shoot someone grabbing the wheel.

So, you see the possibility of people swarming your car and grabbing the wheel before you can react, but leaving the gun in the passenger seat seems like a viable thing to you?

In July at 6pm, leaving work the streets are full of potential hostiles. So you have to actually stop at the stop signs. The murder rate is very high, aggrevated assault very high, etc The thought is, if you stop because of a herd of locals walking through the street you might get your window smashed. So i want something that is reliable, high stopping power, point and click justice.

yes.

I like this movie script you're pitching, but it's pretty unrealistic. The main character should carry on body if he's at all competent. 1911 and USP win style points but are woefully outdated.

USP all the way. You'll get something of higher quality for the price. Cheaper 1911's tend to suck while you need to spend exorbitant amounts to get something decent. USP is a bit thicker but if you're not carrying it on your person who cares

>The goal would be one click problem solving with 100% reliability.
why limit to just conventional handguns? an AK pistol or 12ga shockwave would fit under a jacket too and be more effective, right?

Its not a script. Its lots of areas that touch on what once were cities.
You are saying it doesn't matter, any gun is fine?

Thanks user. I love JMB but I think you are right.

>fantasize first, rationalize later

Anything small enough to fit in your vehicle and reliable enough to not fuck up. I'd also suggest something with good ammo capacity so you don't need to reload much. Not sure what you drive, but you might be able to get away with:
Pistols
AR/AK pistols/SBR's
Memewaves (pumping would be a bitch while driving so maybe go for the remington semi auto)
Pcc sbr's

Really as long as you can use it with one hand and have enough room to aim quickly in your vehicle, get whatever

Thanks user. Have an M1a and home defense shotguns. Just thinking about something 'small' enough for a front seat ride along. Maybe I haven't been thinking out of the box enough.

I'm saying carry on your body. And yes, any gun is fine. .45 is not some serious manstopper like you think it is. There is no one shot stop with pistols unless you hit something immediately vital-it doesn't matter if you're shooting .45, .40, or 9mm. You hit heart, they die. You don't, they keep going until bloodloss kills them or the ambulance gets there. Bloodloss takes a very long time.

That's my USP .45 tactical I posted earlier. The USP has a somewhat strange recoil sensation compared to other pistols. I can only recommend it if you seriously spend time practicing with it. You can't really shoot the thing quickly without knowing what you're doing. I know you think you're a super badass with click bang (actually two clicks and a bang, since you want a manual safety, good job introducing a failure point)

So no, I'm not saying it doesn't matter what gun you use. It doesn't matter what caliber, and you're choosing the wrong guns for the job.
Pretty much this.

drive a stick so kind of limited to a pistols. The area I drive through is small but its 3 blocks from where the police don't go. I think I just need one, possibly two shots through a broken window. After the feedback here I guess 45 USP series 1.

USP holds 50% more rounds.

I'm not a badass. Sure I have military experience but I'm not claiming expertise. Just asking, if I'm sitting in my car surrounded by a diverse community, and a member of the community smashes my window with a rock, what should be cocked and locked on my passenger seat. Just asking because its not unreasonable here.

>Just asking, if I'm sitting in my car surrounded by a diverse community, and a member of the community smashes my window with a rock, what should be cocked and locked on my passenger seat.
And the USP is not that gun. Not unless you put in a significant amount of trigger time behind it. The 1911 isn't either.

Look, I'm arguing against a gun I seriously love here. Will it go bang when you pull the trigger? Undoubtedly. Is it a gun I trust my life to? Absolutely. Is it the gun I would recommend to someone who doesn't own any handguns and doesn't really seem to have a whole lot of experience with them? Fuck no.
FNX 45 holds a full 15+1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8

youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

Attached: 1556918806293.jpg (1287x994, 596K)

>38 special
Don't do this.

I have shot the 1911a1 (just ni military service) enough to know the slide leaves a little cut in the web between my thumb and forefinger but the bullets go where I want.

If the usb is reliable, makes the same size hole and at 2 feet is as accurate I think thats all I needed to know.

38spl has probably killed more people than 9mm but not as many as 22lr.

There is no "USP Series 1." A USP is a USP.

youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y

Attached: 1535764157909.png (1416x1593, 2.19M)

is variant the right word? They have about 12

He likely means USP v1
I doubt it. Was mostly used solely as a police caliber with pretty limited military use. 9mm was also used globally, while .38 was mostly only used in the US. I bet MP40s and Lugers alone killed more people than .38 special has in total.
Your graphs showing it fail more than even .380. Are hipster style points really worth your life?

>pretty limited military use
>while .38 was mostly only used in the US

You have to be over 18 to post on Jow Forums.

There were over 6 million K frame 38s made in the 29th century. Untold millions more foreign clones. Oh yeah and Colt made a few too....

There has probably not been a major armed conflict since 1899 where 38spl hasn't made an appearance.

>29th century

I knew the model 10 was too good for this world. Turns out it's from the future!

Attached: S&W Model 10-6 PPC.jpg (640x349, 61K)

>100% reliability
Well that rules out the 1911

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250

Attached: 1911meme.jpg (600x900, 69K)

Thanks Jow Forums Going with the da/sa hk usp. Appreciate your advice.

Love Jow Forums

>There were over 6 million K frame 38s made in the 29th century
Well shit dude, I didn't know we could bring up facts from the future. A 9mm was thrown into the reactor core of the USS Hyperbole in 3958 killing all 3 trillion crew members, earning it a kill rate far in excess of .38 special.

In all seriousness
>There has probably not been a major armed conflict since 1899 where 38spl hasn't made an appearance.
As a sidearm used in limited numbers by very limited segments of the armed forces. Meanwhile 9mm was used as an actual main weapon in submachineguns and as an issue handgun globally.
>There were over 6 million K frame 38s made in the 29th century.
So, it takes a whole century to match 20 years of Glock's production? I don't know how you can think you're right on this one.

The only one talking all hard here acting like a bad ass is you, mallninja glock larper. People have been killing bad guys with guns that have safeties for over a hundred years... With no problems. It's a matter of training.

OP the USP .45 is a great gun for what you want. The way you're looking to carry the gun would benefit greatly from a safety and an initial heavier double action trigger pull. The only way I carry my Glock, is in a holster, if I for whatever reason wanted to or needed to carry it off holster, it'd have to be without one in the chamber. But with the USP, since you can put it on safe and have a decently heavy trigger pull, you can stuff it in your car any not worry about something getting inside the trigger guard and making it go bang. The USP 45 is also the best USP on the market, it's a low pressure round for a gun that was originally meant to shoot and handle .40s&w. The longest lasting USPs according to the HK forums and HK reps and techs is the USP .45. They also have quality metal mags, the USP 9mm doesn't.

Check out the LEO trigger. Allows for single stage weight w/ a long DA pull so you don't have to futz with a decocker.

>thinks I need to be right

Oh sweet summer child...

luckygunner.com/lounge/history-38-smith-wesson-special/

luckygunner.com/lounge/cartridge-of-the-century-part-2/

Attached: summer.jpg (750x574, 377K)

Attached: RevolvervsSemi.jpg (968x718, 212K)

Thanks user, don't I want a decocking lever?

It makes it like a DA revolver...so no?

Attached: revolverfagsbelike.jpg (500x587, 86K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1KVkWGMkOKE&t=
The trigger has a 2 pound first stage for cocking the the normal SA trigger. You don't need to decock it or suffer from a 15 pound DA pull.

You do want one, especially if you're going to be carrying it off body. God know what might end up getting stuck inside the trigger guard since you'll be carrying off body.

The intended purpose of the weapon is to sit on a passenger seat under a coat or possibly under a seat while praying that diversity never smashes my window at a stop sign In event that ever happens it has to work 100% and at 2 feet range disable an attacker, hopefully with enough noise to clear the way to drive away. Thats it.

Thanks, yes 100% off body intended

>AR/AK pistols/SBR's
>inside a car
Do you know how fucking loud any of that shit would be? I realize any gun fired inside a car is going to be bad, but we're talking major permanent hearing loss now

I have an M1A and a couple thousand rounds for shtf but this isn't that. I'm asking about the walking dead I pass through for 3 blocks every day. In summer they are out much more, not carrying an m1a in the car for car jacking defense.

How has nobody mentioned a Glock 17? Or a Glock 19x with the extendo mags??

G19 with spare 33rd mags is really the best answer bro. HK is larping faggot shit.

Thanks user. Main interest is reliability. Has to be 100%

yeah...so...Glock has that covered...

>glock larper
Illiteracy truly is a curse.
>It's a matter of training.
Which OP does not seem to have on the USP, which is significantly harder to shoot well than other handguns. I know. I hand it to people who shoot other fullsize guns regularly, and they cannot shoot as well. It has a lot of muzzle flip due to the way its recoil spring works and the somewhat incredible mass of its fuckhuge slide. It doesn't recoil harshly, but it does cycle slowly and deliberately in a way that is unlike other handguns.

Attached: USP45.png (1398x1006, 2.57M)

OP is obviously some form of 12yr old eurofag noguns.

Revolvers do indeed have some advantages if you're a moron who can't be bothered to learn how to shoot a gun, or if you want to shoot real big bore shit that doesn't work in semi-autos.

38 special does not have any advantages. Except as cheaper plinking ammo for a .357 gun.
>thinks I need to be right
So do you just argue even though you know you're wrong? Yeah, .38 special far outlived its usefulness because it earned a place with police, who back in the day didn't think they were soldiers and didn't need the most effective handguns possible.

9mm killed loads more people. Back to production numbers, you've got over a million MP40s made in 5 years. 4.6 million Stens. And those were all seeing frontline combat in one of the bloodiest wars in history, not used as backup weapons and police sidearms.

No, he's either a boomer or 30 year old boomer. M1a, shotguns, wants a 1911 or USP 45. I'm leaning towards 30 year old boomer, because it was THE tacticool shit in the 90s.

Attached: USP.jpg (294x340, 23K)

>38 special does not have any advantages. Except as cheaper plinking ammo for a .357 gun.

All you need is adequate penetration. 38spl has that. All 357 gives you is slower follow up shots due to recoil and increased muzzle blast and report.

Inb4 muh energy fags who don't understand how handgun terminal ballistics work.

I'm OP, did USMJROTC in high school, USN for 6 years, father was USMC for 34 years, I qualified sharpshooter with M16 and M14, marksman with 45, 'qualified' with shotgun and 45 in USN, lifelong gun owner claining no expertise. Just came her for help

The only downside to 38spl is capacity which is also the downside of any revolver including 357. 9mm uber alles for anything carried on your belt. I'll allow a 38spl snub for a pocket gun.

Gen-X

>Just came her for help
omfg go register at AR15.com you fuck. Someone start doing arfcom signatures I love those.

This guy nailed it lol.

Attached: boomer 4play.jpg (719x536, 56K)

Give me a leg up, what do I want?

Can't bought an AR10

Allright I'm gonna help you but you're not gonna like it.

CCW = some flavor of polymer striker fired 9mm
SHTF = AR pattern rifle

Everything else is toys. It's cool to like them but unless you admit you're larping people are not going to take you seriously.

>Can't bought an AR10
lol is this real life? How fucking new are you? Please lurk more.

Attached: YoungFagsBeTrippin.jpg (600x442, 105K)

>drive a stick so kind of limited to a pistols.
The implications of this comment are both baffling and hysterical

Thanks user, appreciate your advice.

I'm going to stick with my 7.62, i guess when I pick 5.56 off of bodes I'll have to look a little ashamed when I hand it to my sons (they don't listen and carry ar-15). you are the expert on the handguns, but honestly I still thing 45 might still be the way to go. Price isn't the deciders here, and again my boy went parabelum so the jokes on me when we loot your shit.

Thank you.

It means my right hand is busy when driving.

USP 45 master race

Attached: goodie1.jpg (823x538, 417K)

>i guess when I pick 5.56 off of bodes
>when we loot your shit.

Pic related is literally OP.

Attached: meal_team_6_operator.jpg (638x638, 68K)

Nope. Just a guy asking Jow Forums about guns and finding that Jow Forums is about e-peen, not about real discussion.

Get a Glock, asshole

Thanks user, considering it, why not 45 hk usp?

It's still using the browning action so who cares? He'd approve.

Thank you. I'm about 90% at USP. Its not alot of money but important to be reliable. Tank you for your input

Literally no reason, honestly, I was just being a dick. If you like the USP better you should get that.

Thanks again user, I'm gen-x so stocking up for WW1 seems legit. The 1911 aways felt good even if it always bit my hand (my fault). So I'm leaning toward uap

Just get a holster and mount it in your car with a Glock 19.

If you really genuinely won't budge on any of your criteria
>off body carry
>45 ACP
>manual safety
Then I see three main contenders:
>FNX 45
15 rounds of .45 ACP really kinda negates most of the capacity concerns of .45 ACP. What the USP was in the 90s, this gun is now. Someone is going to say squishy after this. That was literally one gun, not even a batch of them. And FN took it back for chemical analysis to figure out what the fuck even happened.
>HK 45
HK's modern .45. Extended mag release is a lot nicer than the USPs, sights are better, ergonomics infinitely better. 2 less rounds though.
>USP 45
Fuck it, if you won't go for anything else it isn't a bad gun. But seriously, take it to the range and git gud with it. Shoot a hundred rounds at least before you rely on it. I kinda thought you were a nogunz asking advice for a first handgun with zero experience. Seeing as that isn't the case, with some practice you'll be fine. But just do that practice, because one shot stops are fantasy and follow up shots are different with this gun.

It's one of the most reliable handguns ever made.
>USP .45 Compact
All the reliability of the fullsize, a little smaller so it recoils more, BUT it doesn't flip as much. Not a lot of capacity, but small enough you can carry it.
steer with knees, shift with right hand, shoot with left. EZ

you're worried about getting carjacked while your car is at speed and in gear, and you want to respond with a defensive drive-by shooting?

No, the first 3 blocks outside my office are covered by lights and stop signs. The neighborhood is extremely diverse.in summer the streets might be completely covered by pedestrians moving at various speeds in numerous directions and by drivers with unique interpretations of the law. All of this within 3 blocks of where the police will not go.

South Africa or Detroit?

Should mention that the rate of violent crime and murder in that area exceeds national averages by a wide margin.

HK is hype city garbage

lol its a special part of hell not as bad as camden but we keep an eye on that statistic

Not really. Some of their guns, particularly rifles, are very overpriced. But I don't think that's really hype so much as retards who want to dab on the poors no matter the cost.

Their handguns are quite fairly priced. Maybe you don't need a thousand dollar handgun, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

Checked trips

Thank you user

I will check for the modern hk 45. I appreciate your input. All I want here is to listen and learn from experts like you about best options.

Thank you.

#9mmsucks

I never said they were overpriced, they’re just mediocre but everyone is like “le solid snake gun!!!! XDDD”

I'm late catching up on posts, thank you for your reply (even if you never see this). You make a lot of sense, I appreciate your input.

9mm is the best caliber for self defense against humans. If you want to kill otherwordly creatures, .45 ACP is the obvious choice as 9mm only kills the body, .45 kills the soul.

.45 also has a strong variety of ammo. With the right gun or aftermarket springs, you can go from shooting off the shelf .45 ACP to .45 Super, which competes solidly with hot 10mm, while having less pressure due to its larger diameter. Meaning there is less wear on the gun and less risk of losing your hand to a catastrophic failure. You have common subsonic loads or people using that case capacity to push lightweight projectiles supersonic with some interesting results.
And I disagreed with you and stated my opinion.

Attached: usp and buffalo bore.jpg (908x511, 121K)