I wanna buy an M1A was always a big fan of the M14...

I wanna buy an M1A was always a big fan of the M14. However I started to do some research into Spring Field Armory and they seem like scum bags does anyone have a Spring Field M1A? I mostly want it a show piece and to shoot on occasion but I hear people say it has accuracy problems and Springfield are trash at quality control.

Attached: 145161451716564145.png (1200x306, 248K)

ar10/sr25/lr308

Price is not a factor here I like the look of the M14

You're a noguns tard. Please stay so. Faggot.

I own one, haven’t had any issues with it. Pretty accurate as well.

I have one made in the 1990s with good knows how many rounds down the pipe. It runs reliably with all sorts of ammo and is generally accurate. I can easily hit what I'm aiming at if I can see it.

Trying to get super match grade accuracy costs a lot of time, money, added weight and frustration but if you just want a decent shooter they do that pretty well out of the box. For your purposes a standard model would be more than adequate.

As for Springfield as a company, they funded an anti-gun bill via some 3rd party PAC who tried to give them a carve out in exchange. When it came out SAI backpedalled and claims the PAC acted without notifying them and they have cut ties and funding with the PAC as a result. Is that true or a convenient out? Who knows. If that's enough for you to not want to do business with them JRA makes a pretty good standard M14gery for $1500ish and it has a forged receiver.

i'll sell you my 1996 national match with gen 3 scope. i have no idea if it's accurate or not, the only thing i know is i dont have a proper place to shoot or benchrest setup and shooting a gun that weighs 20+ lbs trying to shrug my shoulders to shoot uphill with a bipod sucks. but i called them on the phone and emailed them to find out about my rifle from the serial and spoke with two different people, both of which were very nice and helpful.

I believe you can still get a BM-59 online. They are very similar to an M-14 as it accomplished what the M-14 was supposed to. Also I hear the build quality on them are very good as they were made by Beretta on US Garand tooling

Ok, then what I said is even more pertinent.

I’m 15 1/2 and I want to kill myself. The most lethal and painless way I could find is from a gun. Is there any way that I am able to buy a gun legal or illegal. Please I’m going to kill myself anyways, I want something less agonizing and more lethal

springfield is fine as far as interacting with them in my limited experience and what i've found online, their controversy comes from what mentioned. they "accidentally" supported anti-gun legislation and when they were called out immediately apologized and fired the guy responsible.
the actual truth on how much they knew will never be known but if that's a moral bust, then JRA like he said is a well known manufacturer. When I checked their shit is expensive though and often out of stock. Maybe you could buy used?

Now then....
>accuracy problems
>trash on quality control
no and no.
The out-of-the-box accuracy is on par with any battle rifle, the problems come from trying to obtain national match accuracy (if you're into that) and having to rezero your rifle after you field strip it which is simply a fact of life from a WW2 design. the same goes for any m1 style rifle.

As far as quality control you've got their lifetime warranty and they honor it. If your rifle has anything fucked up just send it in and they will take care of it. If you have any specific concerns then list them, but people will say shit all day about how bad they are without a shred of evidence. It's a bit of a meme around here to say it's literally the worst gun ever built.

bm59 is in no way a better rifle and it won't be cheaper. all while offering shit for after-market. i'd never recommend someone casually looking into plinking with a m1a/m14 to buy a bm59, that's retarded. you spend more money with far fewer options to turn the rifle into anything else you want.

wow amazing help.
go tell all them /brg/ boys to give up fals and ptrs for ar10s while you're at it.

>hurr durr I cant put faggy plastic furniture and ridiculous bullshit on a milsurp rifle, it fucking sucks
You are fucking retarded beyond words.

ignore the outside world, and work on self improvement user. There's always something to live for. Strive to challenge yourself, and set actionable goals for yourself. Even if it starts out as you taking a shower and making your bed every morning.

I was pretty depressed for a while growing up because my dad would beat me, and I had no friends or girlfriends despite how hard i tried. What I found useful was switching my priorities away from other people (my failures, unable to change that outcome) and towards myself (learning to play guitar, drums, etc.). I then used my money from working at a food store to buy recording equipment and I would do super shitty one-man-band covers of my favorite songs. It never went anywhere, but I had fun and learned some cool things from it. By shifting towards self-enlightenment I was able to secure a future for myself, where I'm not working a 100,000+ STEM job and living with a girlfriend. We just visited my brother in california and are planning a trip to visit her ancestral home. I've also found out about the 4chinz a few years ago, and while i missed the ETH boom i've been slowly DCA into link and have a 35k stack. Not enough to be a billionaire, but i think i might be able to retire on it after a few years. I've learned about politics, and also built my own AR15 and bought a 1911 to go with it. My next plans are to browse Jow Forums for guides on a holster and chest rig for if SHTF : D.

Anything is possible my dude. I tell you these things because I was there once too. Just try to find something that *is* within your control, and act on it. You can do it bro, we're all rooting for you here

Attached: comfy talk.jpg (369x387, 35K)

>ezero your rifle after you field strip it which is simply a fact of life from a WW2 design.
wait what?

whoa you really showed me. aftermarket is restricted to furniture and "ridiculous bullshit" apparently.
when aftermarket is smaller, the supply is more limited. you're not buying a better rifle for a shittier aftermarket, you're buying a rifle that is at best the same for far smaller stock in supplies. meanwhile you can probably find a gun store with stuff for any m14 clone and can always find it online.
like wood? wood.
like plastic? plastic.
want to be stupid and larp as socom? k go for it.
want to try different magazines? you've got options.

it's not AR but it's a lot more than the bm59.

I love how people can sit here and spend 2-3k on an MP5 clone but think someone is stupid for wanting to buy an M1A because it isn't as "accurate" as an AR15 for the price. It is autism. People buy an M1A for fun, of course there are much better DMR rifles.

taking it apart can fuck with zero, especially overtime. most owners don't take apart their m1a as much as you would say...an AR15.
i've never seen the wear get so bad in the stock that it's simply too lose to keep good groups anymore, but it's well known that it happens, even with plastic stocks
you'll at the very least check that your zero is still good to go before moving on after disassembly

>spends $1k on an AK
>dude cool
>spend 1.2k on an m1a
>wow garbage
for all the laughs at fuddlore around here, a lot of anons subscribe to their own version of it. im convinced not a single one has ever shot a battle rifle and doesn't own many guns.
the idea of buying a gun for fun just doesn't resonate with them.

I mean most people here speak from ignorance. BRG fags talk shit about the the M1a and C308 when both weapons are totally fine. People here shit on good weapons left and right because of some petty reason and have never even held the gun they're talking about

No it is the idea of buying THAT gun makes them butthurt,

I buy all my guns for fun and a handgun for self defense.

>someone is stupid for wanting to buy an M1A because
because it is boomer bait, an evolutionary dead end in small arms, has no redeeming qualities, and all of them on the marky are phony because the USGI ones were destroyed

I love how people shit on things like "muh cast receiver" for M1As but there is like no record of them breaking, It is almost worse than fuddlore.

> because it is boomer bait
Like M1 Garands and revolvers

> An evolutionary dead end in small arms
Like the M1 Garand and revolvers but loads of people don't shit on someone buying a used garand which costs 200 less than a M1A or using a revolver when semi auto handguns are better in every way.

> has no redeeming qualities

It is fun to shoot

> marky are phony because the USGI ones were destroyed

Just like all those AR15s made to look like M4gerys

What's wrong with Boomer guns? Your pussy hands can't handle muh stoppin powah? Need 30 instead of 8? Think 5.56 isn't meant to wound. God you are such a child

You're not allowed to like things 'round these parts, hombre.

Real talk go ahead and get one. Pay now mind to all these 30 year old boomers and /arg/ faggots. Their shit isn't even NATO.

NO YOU MUST HAVE AR10 OR FAL! YOU CANNOT GO AGAINST THE WILL OF BRG

yeah i said that with the m1a specifically in mind.
i think most folks who shit all over it haven't shot a battle rifle but still spout shit they read somewhere as fact about one specific battle rifle.
the problem with the m1a is't the rifle, it's the history behind it and people are just retarded.

this kind of logic could and should be applied to ptr91s and fals too, then.
god forbid someone buys something because they like it. that's not what gun owners generally do, nope.

ok but for real i can't see the point in a semi-auto version of any smg.
it's such a silly thing to me, but i won't knock someone for buying it.

I mean ballistics are always improved with a longer barrel

Make sure to livestream it faggot.
Also
>underage b&

Attached: 3b3b3f3c73391f906ca584ea8819d364f9ab360b73d9d64cf98ba5b5ceebba0f.png (522x906, 65K)

buy Fulton Armory instead.

>The most lethal and painless way I could find is from a gun.
Wrong. Asphyxiation from an inert gas such as helium is better, although I've heard they've been mixing it with oxygen to mitigate suicides.

yes but just buy a carbine. it's superior in every way.
but hey to each their own, i just don't don't get the appeal.
i realize it's kind of like hurr durr m14 is inferior just buy ar15, but really you're buying an objectively inferior product purely for aesthetics in most cases, not for the joy of shooting it because most guys wont even have shot an smg when they buy their semi-auto version.
they werent designed for semi auto use as the norm. it's just so...backwards to me.
you're not using them as they were initially designed AND they're inferior....
to each their own though, whatever gets PTR more money.

sorry i heard there's a helium shortage. user will just have to go on living.

why is it always autistic coiners that say life is easy

Do what says. He’s telling the truth. 15 is far too young to think that life should be over. Can you explain your reasoning?

I mean those semiauto Uzis are fun, can't vouch for the mp5s though

ahhhh that's even more impractical and inferior as a semi auto.
never shot one though but also don't really care to. it's just weird to me since the prices are usually pretty steep for what it is as well.

You dont change the furniture on a BM59. They are a piece of history. Do you also complain about a lack of aftermarket for garands and K98s? You probably do, you bubba fucking faggot. Kys.

By that logic, people who don't bother registering for a machine gun should only ever bother with bolt and pump action guns. Why bother at all with the likes of an AR-15 if you can't clone whatever CAG fields down to the exact trigger pull?

At some point in time, you have to fucking concede that you get a gun because it performs just enough while being vastly aesthetically pleasing.

that's exactly what im saying...
so why would you ever buy a bm59 over an m14 clone when you just want to shoot targets?

not quite.
>ar15
even m16s in vietnam were primarily shot on semi and they were designed with semi in mind for normal use.
most standard issue rifles are designed to perform well as semiautos, this applies to battle rifles as well which were seldom used in full auto, so i understand the semi auto versions of those.

you're not really missing much with most standard rifles in semiauto. it's more like buying a semiauto SAW and that kind of stuff blows my mind. though admittedly a SAW is worse than a semi auto smg.

Because they are fucking cool and a piece of history. Are you too fucking retarded to figure this out?

i dont buy historic rifles to shoot paper with.
OP says he's interested in an m14 clone for taking to the range. i dont think saying "buy a bm59" is doing him any favors even by your logic.

Why not? People shoot milsurp all of the time. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with BM59s aside from your autistic complaints about not being able to put all the retarded shit you put on your AR on to it.

who said it was easy, user? i've worked my dick off to get to where i was. had like 3 nights a semester to go out and do stuff, but since i worked so hard i had no friends to go out with. even then, i still feel poor and feel a need to make a business or something and escape the wagie life

You sound weak. You should lift

I think you should not kill yourself.

Instead start drinking. That’s what I did and I turned out fine

explain why you would recommend a bm59 OVER an m14 clone for someone who explicitly wants an m14 clone because he likes the look and the gun in general.
explain how that makes sense.

with an m14 he can buy cheaper mags, choose between preferred stocks, and pretty much everything is readily available.and easy to find online.
explain why bm59>m1a/m14 for op

coinfaggots are so cringe

go contain yourself on biz man

who said i come from biz

Attached: honk honk.png (890x960, 416K)

Maybe he likes it or thinks its cooler. Neither are really great objectively. Why would anybody buy a M14 or a BM59 over an AR10? Because they like them and think they are cool. Are you actually too stupid to understand that people dont buy every single gun with an objective purpose other than to just have fun?

The m1a is chambered for nato 7.62•51

idk i just hate seeing people shill coins outside of biz for a lot of reasons, one is that a lot of dumb kids will sink money into it and waste it, but i guess if they were going to waste it there they would waste it in other places too, crypto is not a magical cure all to make tons of money easily, the ship has mostly sailed for that

sorry though man you aight

Attached: Untitled.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>op makes a thread asking about getting an m14
>tell him to buy guns that aren't that
???

>moving the goalposts this far

what was my original point that i deviated from?

thanks man. it was more to say i have things i'm looking forward to, and figured most people on the chinz have at least heard of it from the other autists that hop around boards.

Attached: ser honk.jpg (334x506, 39K)